IGNORED

Mbude

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s an option to buy, not an obligation in Mebude’s case.

Do you think we will exercise that option?

I wouldn't be surprised depends if he as another one of those " one for the future type signings "

A typical lansclown signing. Sees it as acquiring commodities for investment almost as though stealing a march on our competitors (like Diony 🤣) when what we really need are players in positions we need & who are able to hit the ground running & improve our chances on the pitch. Thus improving our situation off the pitch. I've said it previously, we were one point off the plays off on 26th December, a few days before the window opened, & i would think already lining up Dire! It's all about 'building the nest egg' 🤔

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

TransferRoom.

Its how we “swiped right” with Bajic.

(I had to Google the swipe direction)

That's the one. I really hope it's not how we signed Mabude, but I have a hunch. 

Think we need to give up online scouting and go back to the good old fashion actually looking at players.

@Harry do you have meetings about recommended players still? Or has that fallen on it's head?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

That's the one. I really hope it's not how we signed Mabude, but I have a hunch. 

Think we need to give up online scouting and go back to the good old fashion actually looking at players.

@Harry do you have meetings about recommended players still? Or has that fallen on it's head?

Fallen on its head since certain people left I believe.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why would we play him if he’s not proving good enough in training?  

We won’t and we shouldn’t.

For the reasons I stated earlier, I can’t see him being here next season and he’s clearly not trusted enough this season. Should the U18s go out of the Youth Cup tonight, I’d be of the mind that the bench place he’s occupying should go to one of the brighter sparks from there. The excuse of concentrating on the cup will be gone and I’d rather have one that we’re developing with the squad and not getting on the pitch as opposed to one who’ll be back in Belgium not getting on the pitch.

Again, not Dires fault - a terrible piece of framing and lack of due diligence 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

Its not like us to bring a player in from abroad and for him only make a couple of appearances because hes not good enough, Diony 2.0.

Surely they cant sign him if hes not shown anything in actual games although I wouldnt put it past them.

IMO there is a big hole in the youth being produced by the academy and this was one of the players signed to fill that gap along with Stokes and Murphy. Hopefully they show a bit more than Mabude cause nobody appears to be getting close to the first team even with all the injuries weve had.

Im hoping we get to see some of the youth bench flirters getting some minutes in the last few games to see if they are up to it, im not sure what history Manning has with bringing players through and intergrating them but we have to focus on developing these players if we want to progress.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Hmmm. I have to say was surprised and disappointed to see the attitude after Leicester game, so many of the players chatting away and signing autographs. The said player walked away around from where fans were with headphones on and didn’t engage, wasn’t well received. Doubt will be here in summer, gave the impression wasn’t interested. 

Yeh saw same when i left lansdown hospitality ? 

Gives me Adeluken/Garita vibes this one. 

I did like the look of him in the short amount of time he’s played tbh, just very clear he’s low on confidence + doesn’t know his teammates well enough. 

Edited by George Rs

I don’t think he’s looked bad when he’s played but he hasn’t got the minutes. Would be fair for him to get a lot of minutes at some point, I think it’s unfair to write him off with the amount he’s played and how old he is. Maybe just taking some time to adapt to men’s football?

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

TransferRoom.

Its how we “swiped right” with Bajic.

(I had to Google the swipe direction)

We all know Tinnion is as thick as dog shit. It’s quite possible Tinnion doesn’t know his left from his right and signed him by mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

22 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

You can never fully know what player you are going to get, only have to look at two of our high profile loanees turned perms in to know that even when theres try before we buy it doesn’t always work.

said before that with twine and mebude there’s a case of thinking what type of player you might want, getting them in and seeing how it works, hence the loan. If it is that player great, sign him up or if not available someone similar. Mebude is currently an enigma. Must be a player in there but wrong time of the season to find him - but of course could have gone another way.. potentially undervalued needs the right coach and right situation etc 

Would one of those be Tomlin ? :thumbsup:

Edited by bpexile

22 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

You can never fully know what player you are going to get, only have to look at two of our high profile loanees turned perms in to know that even when theres try before we buy it doesn’t always work.

said before that with twine and mebude there’s a case of thinking what type of player you might want, getting them in and seeing how it works, hence the loan. If it is that player great, sign him up or if not available someone similar. Mebude is currently an enigma. Must be a player in there but wrong time of the season to find him - but of course could have gone another way.. potentially undervalued needs the right coach and right situation etc 

I wonder what work they do with him on the training ground? He's probably one that merits some individual attention.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If he plays another minute for us I'll be very surprised.

Maybe just like Twine where if he plays well his value will rise maybe we are doing the opposite with this lad and pick him up for nothing or he could just be shite 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Maybe just like Twine where if he plays well his value will rise maybe we are doing the opposite with this lad and pick him up for nothing or he could just be shite 

He will fit in well then.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If he plays another minute for us I'll be very surprised.

If he doesn’t get on the pitch at all against an already relegated Rotherham I think that will say a lot.

• Like 2

On 02/04/2024 at 17:15, Selred said:

https://www.transferroom.com/customer-stories-brentford

I'll be honest, I don't know much about it but Brentford seem to use it to reasonable effect...