IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Not completely true... have you seen some of the constant negative postings from some?

I have Phants and Owlstalk is one of if the worst for negativity. They could complain and whinge at international level. Much of their moans are because of where they are in the Championship having only just returned having spent a season in L1.

Otib would be exactly the same if City were in the same position as the Owls.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Made this post as a bit of a joke, but we really are in this mid-table-mini-league. Maybe that's depressing, or tinpot, or whatever, but it's where we are.

I've included Hull and Swansea in the screenshot, but really they're acting as the bread in this gorgeous mid-table sandwich. It's really us, Sunderland, Watford, Cardiff who are the bacon, lettuce, tomato, and er...rogue slug(?) respectively.

Screenshot_20240405-155926.png

It's that stage of the season where you make up your own competitions.

1. The Smiler - We make 5 more wins to 'storm' up to 10 place and wipe the smile from Liam Rosenior's face. Unfortunately, that smile is transferred to Jon and Brian's faces.

2. The F The Welsh - We finish above Cardiff and Swansea;

3. The Winner Winner Chicken (or Vegan) Dinner - The one where our wins exceed our losses;

4. The Symmetry - The one where our total wins and losses are the same;

5. The F Up/The  F The Welsh (Reprise) - We finish below both Cardiff and Swansea;

I'll get me coat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
43 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's that stage of the season where you make up your own competitions.

1. The Smiler - We make 5 more wins to 'storm' up to 10 place and wipe the smile from Liam Rosenior's face. Unfortunately, that smile is transferred to Jon and Brian's faces.

2. The F The Welsh - We finish above Cardiff and Swansea;

3. The Winner Winner Chicken (or Vegan) Dinner - The one where our wins exceed our losses;

4. The Symmetry - The one where our total wins and losses are the same;

5. The F Up/The  F The Welsh (Reprise) - We finish below both Cardiff and Swansea;

I'll get me coat.

I'll take number 4 if with a side of 2 please.

30 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If we can beat Leicester and beat Plymouth, then we ought to be able to beat Sunderland.

That probably means that we are going to lose then.

Yeah after the last two wins Sunderland should be a breeze. But this is Bristol City so we will no doubt get spanked Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Made this post as a bit of a joke, but we really are in this mid-table-mini-league. Maybe that's depressing, or tinpot, or whatever, but it's where we are.

I've included Hull and Swansea in the screenshot, but really they're acting as the bread in this gorgeous mid-table sandwich. It's really us, Sunderland, Watford, Cardiff who are the bacon, lettuce, tomato, and er...rogue slug(?) respectively.

You know me, I like my one-game table, ie who can we catch, who can catch us this game-week.  So we sit 2nd in the 11-14th mini-league!

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Was that the one where Stroud missed a clear foul on Twine?

Mehmeti, yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Obviously a win would be bloody lovely and scoring first would really mess with their northern heads, but I think a draw is a good result. 

At this stage of the season a 4-4 draw would be fine!

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You know me, I like my one-game table, ie who can we catch, who can catch us this game-week.  So we sit 2nd in the 11-14th mini-league!

And with Watford home to PNE, and Cardiff home to Hull, it's quite the mid-table melee tomorrow.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wow, you be hugely uninspired as a player, listening to that.

Not so sure about that Dave - Dodds is/was rightly pissed right off with his team’s performance against Blackburn and has made it perfectly clear to them what his views are. The players know how disappointing their performance was and were expecting such a response from the head coach and that’s what they got - whether his way of dealing with such an embarrassing loss was the right approach we’ll find out tomorrow. 

Had I been one of those players I’d have known how crap we were as a team but would have given at least some credit to the opposition who took advantage of us - that’s something Dodds didn’t mention. I mean how good were Blackburn?

If City can bag an early goal tomorrow then that’ll hopefully have a negative effect on them and they crumble again.

55 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I've been to the Stadium of Light once. Soren Andersen got a late equaliser I think. Which was nice.

Was it Keith Welch had a blinder that night? 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Otherwise known as a sh@t sandwich 🥪 💩 🤣

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Interesting interview. We could really be up against a side of players seeking redemption which could see us right up against it. But if we can weather the initial storm and get that first goal they might well implode. I fancy us to pull this one off 

The fan’s museum just after you walk over the bridge is worth visiting. It’s a bit of a shrine to Roker Park, but situated in a neo-classical former railway station that some might say is more grand than our ground. (And definitely more classy than gas ground.) Looks like you can drink beer there on a match day.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

I think it was the only City attack in the most one-sided draw ever!

Matt Hewlett blatantly handled the ball as well but the ref didn’t see it - it certainly was the most one-sided 1-1  draw. City dodged a bullet there.