IGNORED

VAR

5 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

On what basis? Where would you place them then?

Rangers got the Round of 16 in the Europa League last year losing out to an odd goal to Benfica.

You reckon QPR would have done the same?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

When I heard SSN saying GO was furious with the offside, I was expecting something very different to what I was then showed.  Even more so when I heard GO use “anyone who’s played the game will know it’s offside”.

And then I watched it.

Offside.  I honestly couldn’t believe GO or SSN thought it wasn’t .

I didn’t think it was offside and that’s not why VaR ruled the goal out. According to them it was the player ‘was blocking the keepers view’. Had it been offside that’s what VaR would have said.

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, grifty said:

Rangers got the Round of 16 in the Europa League last year losing out to an odd goal to Benfica.

You reckon QPR would have done the same?

See other posts about players. Nothing more to say from me. Not sure why you somewhat randomly pluck QPR to make your case but there you go. All hypothetical in any case. All opinions of one sort or another.

• Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I don't really understand the overreaction to the Wolves goal not given. It seems a clear case of offside.

The Wolves player was deliberately obstructing the goalkeeper, it wasn't even an accident. If you are gonna do that, stay onside. 

I thought the West Ham goal disallowed in that game for a 'foul' at the back post looked more dubious.

Have to agree I was expecting a shocker of a decision after hearing so much. Easy decision for me

18 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

See other posts about players. Nothing more to say from me. Not sure why you somewhat randomly pluck QPR to make your case but there you go. All hypothetical in any case. All opinions of one sort or another.

Because you said lower championship, probably lower relegation so I chose QPR as they fit that. 

Edited by grifty

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That wasn’t the VaR explanation Malt. The official VaR reckoned that the player ‘was blocking the keepers view’ 

How ridiculous is that?

Not ridiculous in the slightest. If he's blocking the keeper's view, and he's in an offside position, it's offside. Not sure how that's even debatable :dunno:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That wasn’t the VaR explanation Malt. The official VaR reckoned that the player ‘was blocking the keepers view’ 

How ridiculous is that?

Why is that ridiculous? That’s offside, has been for a long time it’s literally interfering with the keeper

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

When I heard SSN saying GO was furious with the offside, I was expecting something very different to what I was then showed.  Even more so when I heard GO use “anyone who’s played the game will know it’s offside”.

And then I watched it.

Offside.  I honestly couldn’t believe GO or SSN thought it wasn’t .

O'Neil reckoned the keeper could see over the offside Wolves players head. The FA need to be telling O'Neil to stop being such a belter and being able to see the ball over a offside players head isnt in the laws of the game, and to stop making his own laws up. 

Edited by Three Lions
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

100% penalty, again, asking for trouble if you go to ground like that in the box and nowhere near the ball. He’s always been a liability

I can't see it is it the Liverpool pen?

Just now, MarcusX said:

I can’t either but judging by replies I assume it is… apologies if I’m wrong of course!

I've seen the clip not sure what Elliott could have done with his right foot. It's a clear pen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Because you said lower championship, probably lower relegation so I chose QPR as they fit that. 

Do you think QPR players might approach games with a lot more confidence in their approach if they were tonking teams like Livingston for the majority of the season?

Rangers weren't in the round of 16 in any European competition last year either, they were knocked out the Champions League group stage, having finished bottom of their group with 0 points.

Edited by transfer reader

15 hours ago, Midred said:

The laws are there, it's their interpretation by humans that is the problem and some officials don't help the situation.

Yes I do agree with you there. Well apparently we get to review vaf first hand next season in the championships 

• Hmmm 1

12 hours ago, Three Lions said:

O'Neil reckoned the keeper could see over the offside Wolves players head. The FA need to be telling O'Neil to stop being such a belter and being able to see the ball over a offside players head isnt in the laws of the game, and to stop making his own laws up. 

Maybe the keeper could have dropped to the ground and got a better view through the players legs?

Come on O'neil, get a grip!

• Like 1

This Wolves one has annoyed me all weekend.  It's one of the clearest cases of offside you'll get. It doesn't matter how tall you are ffs, you can't stand directly in front of the goalkeeper in the middle of the goal about a yard away from him in an offside position while the ball goes into the net

O'Neil, Wolves and the pundits on MOTD are a disgrace for acting the way they have about such a simple decision

Edited by Roe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

Thank you to everyone (who has said it was offside). I watched the pundits' "discussion" and was worrying that I was losing my sanity - one of the most clear offsides you'd see!

It certainly wasn’t a disgraceful decision or as outrageous as made out really .

i think the incident was hyped up as it was Wolves again who have had some rough calls  and an injury time goal denied .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

Thank you to everyone (who has said it was offside). I watched the pundits' "discussion" and was worrying that I was losing my sanity - one of the most clear offsides you'd see!

I'm not sure which of the experts it was on match of the day but one of them even suggested that the keeper should just change his own position so that he can see 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roe said:

I'm not sure which of the experts it was on match of the day but one of them even suggested that the keeper should just change his own position so that he can see 😂

It was Ian Wright. Dion Dublin thinks the Keeper should be losing his marker. Gary Linker thinks the rules should be changed.

Match of the day pundits opine regularly that ex pros should be a part of VAR decision making.

Gary Lineker slams Wolves VAR controversy and calls for major rule change after West Ham decision (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Roe said:

Incredible

And have reviews too like in cricket which I don’t think would work as teams wlll want more than one or two and whose to say the decision would be “right” as still be down to the ref and his opinion?

56 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

It was Ian Wright. Dion Dublin thinks the Keeper should be losing his marker. Gary Linker thinks the rules should be changed.

Match of the day pundits opine regularly that ex pros should be a part of VAR decision making.

Gary Lineker slams Wolves VAR controversy and calls for major rule change after West Ham decision (msn.com)

Jesus, there's some utter dross from the so-called experts in that article.

If it wasn't an offence, then every team would get one player to permanently stand in front of the opposition goalkeeper to block his view. 

I do have a lot of sympathy for some of the decisions that have gone against Wolves this season, but this isn't one of them, and is one of the clearest offside decisions you will ever see.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super said:

I've seen the clip not sure what Elliott could have done with his right foot. It's a clear pen.

One or two interesting decisions from Anthony Taylor yesterday. Only gave a yellow card to Casemiro for diving in both feet off the ground, I thought that it was an automatic red for that. Also Maguire dragging a Liverpool player all over the place near the corner. Presumably if the player had gone down it might have been a free kick? Is Taylor a favourite at Old Trafford?  😂

Another shocker yesterday IMO

Chelsea free kick hits Grealish’s outstretched arm in the wall.

Ref doesn’t even give a corner, but a goal kick.

Now I didn’t see it in real time but I saw the replays and discussion after. On the basis of what is given these days I can’t understand how it isn’t. Every free kick these days the wall are told you can use your hand to cover your face, or your bits, but anything out to the side is in danger.

I don’t understand how it’s not a penalty, especially compared to the one we got last week.

Also, I know VAR can’t over rule goal kicks but that conversation must have been amusing. Hold on Ref, you’ve given a goal kick but we’re just checking a possible handball.

Check complete, it did hit Grealish but no penalty - stick with the goal kick 🤣 it makes no sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Another shocker yesterday IMO

Chelsea free kick hits Grealish’s outstretched arm in the wall.

Ref doesn’t even give a corner, but a goal kick.

Now I didn’t see it in real time but I saw the replays and discussion after. On the basis of what is given these days I can’t understand how it isn’t. Every free kick these days the wall are told you can use your hand to cover your face, or your bits, but anything out to the side is in danger.

I don’t understand how it’s not a penalty, especially compared to the one we got last week.

Also, I know VAR can’t over rule goal kicks but that conversation must have been amusing. Hold on Ref, you’ve given a goal kick but we’re just checking a possible handball.

Check complete, it did hit Grealish but no penalty - stick with the goal kick 🤣 it makes no sense.

Forget about City v Huddersfield look at each situation and that was miles off look at each incident as unique chuck the law at each incident. You can have your arms out to the side of you if its natural in the laws of the game. Is Grealish making himself unnaturally bigger for what he is doing? Grealish is jumping arms move when you jump. Dont think the ref is miles out and for it to be reviewed it should not be marginal. I dont think it was a penalty too marginal not convinced that is a unnatural position. 

Edited by Three Lions
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I didnt think any were pens 

Wow, gotta disagree mate. Think two were for me. The handball nailed on - he moved his arm towards it and stopped the ball going to Wood for a great chance.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Wow, gotta disagree mate. Think two were for me. The handball nailed on - he moved his arm towards it and stopped the ball going to Wood for a great chance.

Forest claiming the VAR guy was a Luton fan !

Stuart Atwell has done our games too though so surely isn’t right ?

32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

One of the most embarrassing statements from a club I’ve ever read 

FA has already announced they'll be investigating the statement. I'm not sure what action Forest think they can take but if they're suggesting the ref in the VAR booth was biased he might have an action against Forest for defamation of character. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection

It doesn't even make sense as an accusation. If the VAR Assistant was trying to fix a result in Luton's favour, why on Earth would he go for an Everton win over a draw? Utterly ridiculous nonsense which narrowly tops "it's not fair that we've got a points deduction for knowingly breaking the rules" as their most pathetic whinge of the season. 

17 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Agree - i think all 3 could have been given and 2 were definitely pens. I can understand the frustration. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Mark Clattenburg would have been involved in this I would imagine. He is a consultant at Florist.

A truly embarrassing statement this and they should have the book thrown at them.

Call it out i say - embarrassing once again from the officials. 

• Like 1

The problem is that two of the decisions were so clear and obvious that the var not giving them you really do have to question the integrity of the decisions not to give them. Personally I think all of the first three should have been penalties by the rules of the game, not seen the fourth as didn't watch the rest of the game so can't comment on that at all.

All of them are understandable for the on field referee to not be certain and not give them but being on the receiving end of not being awarded them then its impossible not to question whether something untoward has gone on.

The statement from forest is taking things a bit far and is probably doing themselves no favours, but the fact that you are not allowed to question officials publicly despite consistant and quite flagrant incompetence, you might as well all out as the punishment is likely to be the same and at least it highlights it.

Its been said before but if these types of decisions were happening in Italy or some south american country you would be fairly sure some brown envelopes had been passed along somewhere.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

I believe he's the ref that awarded the Reading ghost goal against you.

Edit- seems it wasn't the only controversial decision in that game either, Reading keeper gets away with handball 

https://youtu.be/cYXInjVPjEI?si=fvjupr9HthlGIUUs

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 1

I get their frustration, remember our lack of penalty decisions for two or three seasons where at the worst point we were the lowest side awarded penalties in Europe? for those three or four seasons bottom four or five in league for awarded penalties.

Pearson openly vented his frustration publicly and the response from everyone else was “You need to get the ball in the box more…” or it “evens out”. Well it didn’t but I guess we have had a bit more luck this season.

If was us I think we would be losing our shit too

23 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Haven’t seen them so maybe I shouldn’t comment, but still embarrassing.

Two stonewall penalties and one Everton couldn’t have complained if it was given. Still a daft statement BUT Forest were very hard done by.

• Thanks 1

VAR is total nonsense. Genuinely I'd rather the odd decision go against us than have a game held up whilst we're checking it a nasal hair strayed offside. Lots of decisions are subjective & VAR hasn't remotely got rid of bad decisions. Tech is great for black & white calls; has the ball crossed the goal line, but for everything else it's a waste of time. VAR should be binned, I hope it never gets brought into our level.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Two stonewall penalties and one Everton couldn’t have complained if it was given. Still a daft statement BUT Forest were very hard done by.

Feelings clearly running high.

2 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Stuart Attwell the Luton fan who gave a goal against Watford, that didn’t even go in the net?  You’ll remember that we’ll Mark!

Suggest he has form.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Hard to see how you don't get one of these.

Ashley Young , how poor are Everton that he starts every week ?

Just watched them quickly, third is a pen for sure.

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Please some one tell me the difference between Aaron wan bissaka hand ball and Ashley youngs either both pens or no pens , one given one not , it’s an absolute shambles var

Give it a crack two are clearly different Youngs arm was in justifiable natural position and hes really close to the ball with no time to react Bissaka was weird running round with his arms out like Jesus Christ!! 

15 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Give it a crack two are clearly different Youngs arm was in justifiable natural position and hes really close to the ball with no time to react Bissaka was weird running round with his arms out like Jesus Christ!! 

Give it a crack ? Wtf does that mean , thought I was pretty streetwise but never heard that before 

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Stuart Attwell the Luton fan who gave a goal against Watford, that didn’t even go in the net?  You’ll remember that we’ll Mark!

Suggest he has form.

Just watched them quickly, third is a pen for sure.

On another day I could see all 3 given. I have seen 1 & 3 given recently .
I have no problem with the Ref missing any of those, but VAR can see from several angles Young catches or kicks the forward.

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

On another day I could see all 3 given. I have seen 1 & 3 given recently .
I have no problem with the Ref missing any of those, but VAR can see from several angles Young catches or kicks the forward.

Ab so it was Young involved .

EX Watford player so you might think a Luton fan might be against him !

And manager ..

Mind you Stuart Atwell did give Reading a ghost goal against us as pointed out above .

Edited by Markthehorn

Not saying it stands in this case, but did always think that VAR was a potential way for corruption to creep in to the game if a wrong un gets involved. Astonished that Forest didn’t get at the very least 1 penalty.

• Like 2

I say keep VAR, BUT change it's use to that of DRS in cricket.

The Ref can use it if he's not sure of what just happened and both teams would be allowed to review two of the Ref's decisions. For the rest of the game the VAR official just sits there and minds his / her own  business.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 22A said:

I say keep VAR, BUT change it's use to that of DRS in cricket.

The Ref can use it if he's not sure of what just happened and both teams would be allowed to review two of the Ref's decisions. For the rest of the game the VAR official just sits there and minds his / her own  business.

Definitely has to be a manager’s review system.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Definitely has to be a manager’s review system.

Issue for me is that  wouldn’t mean you get the “right decisions “ unless used for factual incidents as the ref might still go against them which won’t go down well ?

In cricket and rugby the final decisions are accepted - unfortunately don’t think they would be in football .

Mind you Forest were hard done by and I do think they have to be careful on who officiates the games to avoid such allegations.

Particularly if its been pointed out before the game .

Edited by Markthehorn

9 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Issue for me is that  wouldn’t mean you get the “right decisions “ unless used for factual incidents as the ref might still go against them which won’t go down well ?

In cricket and rugby the final decisions are accepted - unfortunately don’t think they would be in football .

Mind you Forest were hard done by and I do think they have to be careful on who officiates the games to avoid such allegations.

Particularly if its been pointed out before the game .

Ref gets no say once a review is requested.  Video ref - all on him.  Ref avoids flak as a result.