IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

On 03/03/2017 at 19:43, Red Right Hand said:

I`m not a follower of rugby but I`ve just seen PW and if Bristol go down they`ll have to play Hartpury College apparently as they are nailed on to go up. Is that the sort of level in the championship or are they an exception? They look like they just play on a college pitch and surely they wouldn`t be able to do that would they?

I don't believe they are allowed to come up.

They are very much an exception, although I suspect they have more funding for conditioning/training than semi-pro/amateur clubs so I suspect this will not be a one off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Game and season over...

The amount of money Steve throws at football and rugby must be sickening. 

I think that's the problem. Lansdown just doesn't 'get' rugby. To him Bristol are just an extension of City, and it really, really annoys me (maybe that's what he wanted) WTF was the point of adding a bit  of red to the kit? I'm all for a local big shot (and realistically Lansdown is the only one who fits the bill) coming along to help our local rugby club do well, but at least try and get a bit of understanding about the game, it's traditions and ethics.  Rant over.

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think that's the problem. Lansdown just doesn't 'get' rugby. To him Bristol are just an extension of City, and it really, really annoys me (maybe that's what he wanted) WTF was the point of adding a bit  of red to the kit? I'm all for a local big shot (and realistically Lansdown is the only one who fits the bill) coming along to help our local rugby club do well, but at least try and get a bit of understanding about the game, it's traditions and ethics.  Rant over.

One of the main accusations amongst his detractors in the City support is that he's more a rugby man than a football man.

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sorry chap, but can't agree. While I'll blame SL for the mess the football club finds itself in, I'm not convinced he is to blame for this shocker of a season for the rugby club.

it was always going to be a struggle, but players have performed to unacceptable levels, and injuries have been unfortunate. The Bristol management from CEO down should of had the club more prepared. The squad is embarrassing in its lack of even average players.

As for the red in the kit, agreed. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Don't, just don't. 

The day a gas head implies he cares about Bristol rugby....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Don't, just don't. 

The day a gas head implies he cares about Bristol rugby....

Go on then, I'll bite. I love rugby, as a sport I prefer it to football, I just tend to be more passionate about my attachment to football teams. When it comes to watching a sport as a neutral, I would choose rugby every time. I don't think Rovers stole the ground form the club, I do think however, that the rugby was woefully mis -managed for a long, long time.  Sadly top flight rugby is going the same way as top flight football, which was inevitable was TV got interested in the game. I'm more of a local rugby supporter (I was at Dings yesterday) than a Bristol supporter, but I certainly care about Bristol rugby.