IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

26 minutes ago, RedM said:

Sounds like I missed a great game, delighted for them.

I'm currently sat in a wetherspoons in Edinburgh wearing my City hoodie watching the England Italy game with all the locals cheering on Italy...I might not get out alive!

Look out for a small guy called Franco  Begbie, bit of a nutter...

On 2/25/2017 at 18:01, Barrs Court Red said:

The standing point is interesting, it was promised as part of the move over yet seems increasingly unlikely. It would certainly encourage some sort of atmosphere, as at the moment it's flat. You don't get as annoyed by the steady procession of people heading the the bar either!

Personally I thought that they raised prices too soon, and never really gave it time to get people coming more often than not, a habit I guess.  

Yeah I think a standing area would be decent, dunno how that would fit with football regs at Championship, possible not being able to be used for football, loss of that area for a ground is the problem- in the top 2 divisions it is anyway, lower down perhaps not. It absolutely helps enhance the atmosphere- in both football and rugby!

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with that, a season of lower prices may have put a couple of thousand more on the gate in general. Or even half a season and then rise steadily- aggressive pricing definitely something to look at next year regardless of division.

Was speaking to Will Cliff after the game and he said Solomons if effectively in charge until the end of the season and Tainton is no longer heading up training, picking the team etc

Apparently Solomons has been getting stuck into the players, he said every other word he says is the 'c' or 'f' word. He said on Tuesday and Wednesday the players were basically beating each other up for two days as the training was so intense.

Looks like it's working so looking forward to more of the same between now and the end of the season.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was speaking to Will Cliff after the game and he said Solomons if effectively in charge until the end of the season and Tainton is no longer heading up training, picking the team etc

Apparently Solomons has been getting stuck into the players, he said every other word he says is the 'c' or 'f' word. He said on Tuesday and Wednesday the players were basically beating each other up for two days as the training was so intense.

Looks like it's working so looking forward to more of the same between now and the end of the season.

Good to hear. In the position Bristol are in, you'd want them breathing fire and pucking each other's heads off in training.

6 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Good to hear. In the position Bristol are in, you'd want them breathing fire and pucking each other's heads off in training.

Good to see Varndell going mad at the medic in front of us too when he was forced off.

Bristol remaining fixtures:

Worcester (a), Gloucester (h), Exeter (a), Wasps (h), Saracens (a), Newcastle (h)

Worcester remaining fixtures:

Bristol (h), Wasps (a), Sale (a), Bath (h), Newcastle (a), Leicester (h)

Still some twists and turns to come but looking at those remaining fixtures Bristol simply have to win this Sunday because the two away games after that look very tough. Home games v Glos and Newcastle winnable.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sounds sensible. Taints has been rewarded with a new job for next season so if Solomon can shake things up on the training pitch then at least we're getting the most out of everyone. If we can replicate Sunday's levels and have some luck with injuries we should be looking good, if we can win at Wuss at he wknd I think there's no game for a few weeks so that could allow Varndell the recovery time he needs. 

Bristol Rugby team to face Worcester Warriors at Sixways on Sunday, 5 March (3pm KO):

15. Jason Woodward; 14. David Lemi, 13. Will Hurrell, 12. Siale Piutau, 11. Tom Varndell; 10. Gavin Henson, 9. Alby Mathewson; 1. Ryan Bevington, 2. Marc Jones, 3. Gaston Cortes, 4. Ian Evans, 5. Dan Tuohy, 6. Mitch Eadie, 7. Jack Lam, 8. Jordan Crane (c).

Replacements: 16. Max Crumpton, 17. Jack O’Connell, 18. Jamal Ford-Robinson, 19. Sam Jeffries, 20. Nick Fenton-Wells, 21. Rhodri Williams, 22. Tusi Pisi, 23. Jack Wallace.

15 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

No more Championship play offs.

Thos is huge as it means the club getting promoted don't need to wait till Pretty much June know what league they will be in.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Absolutely. Not before time. Only surprise is that it's taken them so long to make this change, it's been an absolutely ridiculous setup from the day they implemented it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

No more Championship play offs.

Thos is huge as it means the club getting promoted don't need to wait till Pretty much June know what league they will be in.

One can only imagine how hard, as shareholders in the Premiership, Bristol have been pushing for this since the start of this season!

This surely now means that at the very worst Bristol will only be spending one season down in the Championship, if relegated this season, before getting back into the Premiership under Lam.

After the Bath game and now seeing the line-up for Sunday though gotta be optimistic we can stay up :pray:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

One can only imagine how hard, as shareholders in the Premiership, Bristol have been pushing for this since the start of this season!

This surely now means that at the very worst Bristol will only be spending one season down in the Championship, if relegated this season, before getting back into the Premiership under Lam.

After the Bath game and now seeing the line-up for Sunday though gotta be optimistic we can stay up :pray:

**** all to do with the Prem though ain't it? The play offs came from championship clubs being greedy at the expense of those who took a longer term view and genuinely wanted to make promotion sustainable.  As it is the Championship is financially a grave yard, and I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of this 3 years the prem is expanded and ring fenced.....

why do do I think this? 3 years is conveniently how long the current TV deal is

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

**** all to do with the Prem though ain't it? The play offs came from championship clubs being greedy at the expense of those who took a longer term view and genuinely wanted to make promotion sustainable.  As it is the Championship is financially a grave yard, and I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of this 3 years the prem is expanded and ring fenced.....

why do do I think this? 3 years is conveniently how long the current TV deal is

Good point. But whoever they've had to lobby, I'm sure they've been pushing it massively given what has happened to Bristol over the years.

I`m not a follower of rugby but I`ve just seen PW and if Bristol go down they`ll have to play Hartpury College apparently as they are nailed on to go up. Is that the sort of level in the championship or are they an exception? They look like they just play on a college pitch and surely they wouldn`t be able to do that would they?