IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

• Admin

Can't read the twitter link above - assume it is similar to this?

Sacked Sale Sharks winger Tom Arscott has been found guilty of passing on confidential team information to Bristol by the Rugby Football Union.

The 29-year-old was suspended by Sale on 4 January and then sacked 16 days later after an internal investigation by the Premiership club.

The RFU investigation concluded Bristol were aware of Sale's line-out set up and their defensive pattern.

The West Country side won 24-23 in Manchester on New Year's Day.

20 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Signed Steven Luatua from Auckland Blues for next season, 25 year old with 15 caps for new zealand, hope he's looking forward to the championship....

That's a brilliant signing for Bristol. Pat Lam having an impact before even getting on the plane. No doubt they'll be straight back up if they do go down. 

Just now, MichaelRobartes said:

That's a brilliant signing for Bristol. Pat Lam having an impact before even getting on the plane. No doubt they'll be straight back up if they do go down. 

With the squad Bristol have and with Pat Lam at the helm they'll go straight up surely, especially with the lack quality in the league at the minute. If they can keep Wooward and Hurrell i struggle to see anyone coming near them tbf

21 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Yeah, think they've realised you need real momentum going into the Premiership and under Robinson we weren't really that great all season despite eventually going up. Losing at home to Doncaster in your final game at AG doesn't really give you momentum. We were conceding shedloads of points to crap opposition last season and that sloppy defence has just continued this season.

Bristol need to smash the C'ship next season. At least they'll have a 'hands on' players coach and that should help massively. Garnering a proper team spirit with quality players = success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Signed Steven Luatua from Auckland Blues for next season, 25 year old with 15 caps for new zealand, hope he's looking forward to the championship....

I just got sent a link by my daughter in law in NZ to show me he had signed.

Luatua realises his All Black career is over,  he hasn't been pulling up any trees for the last 2-3 years. Which mirrors the Auckland Blues. 

Hes obviously been offered massive money to come over here. 

Good player on his day, Bristol need the Luatua from 3 years ago though. 

13 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I just got sent a link by my daughter in law in NZ to show me he had signed.

Luatua realises his All Black career is over,  he hasn't been pulling up any trees for the last 2-3 years. Which mirrors the Auckland Blues. 

Hes obviously been offered massive money to come over here. 

Good player on his day, Bristol need the Luatua from 3 years ago though. 

A Pat Lam inspired Luatua should be more than good enough for the Championship. 

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Still convinced even if Bristol finish bottom they wont go down

I wonder if the club know this too, hence the calibre of sigings?

5 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Good point. Rumours of the expansion and ring-fencing of the Premiership have been around for a few years now. Maybe it'll finally be the year they do it.

The rumours of expansion went away back in 2015. I thought the only slight chance of Bristol staying up no matter what was that none of the sides competing at the top end of the C'ship have good enough grounds to be promoted?

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The rumours of expansion went away back in 2015. I thought the only slight chance of Bristol staying up no matter what was that none of the sides competing at the top end of the C'ship have good enough grounds to be promoted?

Or financially screwed

With many at the top are, with London Irish currently one of the worst off

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair enough, it seemed to have gone quiet for a bit alright. I still wouldn't be surprised to see it happen at some stage, but you'd think it's a bit late in the day for that to be resurrected for next season now, even if they wanted to.

• Admin

Notice the club are pushing the ticket sales of the Bristol Vs Bath game - just wondering why BT sport would want this fixture moved from the Friday night to the Sunday when England are playing Italy - this will surely affect not just the crowd in the ground but also the TV viewing audience at home

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 14:21, phantom said:

Notice the club are pushing the ticket sales of the Bristol Vs Bath game - just wondering why BT sport would want this fixture moved from the Friday night to the Sunday when England are playing Italy - this will surely affect not just the crowd in the ground but also the TV viewing audience at home

After pledging I wouldn't go again this season after last week I've bloody been offered hospitality for the Bath game. At least the free booze and food should soften the pain of the lack of entertainment...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

After pledging I wouldn't go again this season after last week I've bloody been offered hospitality for the Bath game. At least the free booze and food should soften the pain of the lack of entertainment...

Kid is this in a box or just one of the lounges? Having been on a corporate to the Sale cup game a month or two ago it wasn't the booze sodden  jolly I'd hoped for! 

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Happy. Days. 

Enjoy!!! Bit worried about the crowd tho with it being such an early ko and on telly and immediately before the 6-Nations game! 

Shocking really, before the season started I'd have said this was nailed on for a 25k crowd, but it won't be close to that. Bath have huge support and I'm amazed they're not bringing 10k on their own. Yes, the England game is on but it's only an easy home game v Italy... I wonder just how wrong they've got the pricing maybe, even South Stand for a non-member is £31. Bristol not being competitive obviously doesn't help.

Suspect it'll be around 19k still?

Edited by Kid in the Riot

38 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Happy. Days. 

Enjoy!!! Bit worried about the crowd tho with it being such an early ko and on telly and immediately before the 6-Nations game! 

I`m not a rugby fan and won`t be there but surely they`ll be showing the England match on the screens at AG won`t they? If not, they should - the club would rake it in with the extra beer sales alone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m not a rugby fan and won`t be there but surely they`ll be showing the England match on the screens at AG won`t they? If not, they should - the club would rake it in with the extra beer sales alone.

I'm sure they will be, but a Bris/Eng double header live in your own front room is probably an appealing option for many, esp given the relegation struggle. As @Kid in the Riot says above, this was the standout fixture for pretty much every Bris     and Barf fan when they were released. Sadly it won't be the atmosphere and spectacle it could've been. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Hansen is being a *****. If the NZRU wanted to keep Luatua so much and he was in Hansen's plans then they could have.

Lam was sacked from the Blues and had the stones to up sticks and rebuild his career in Connacht, transforming a team of underfunded no-hopers into PRO12 Champions. Hansen even chased the £ and ran off to Wales himself. Got no time for the bloke at all.

• Like 1

I'm pretty gutted I won't be at the Bristol v Bath match, opted to have a long weekend in Newcastle, but it was the one match pre-season I was looking forward to. I saw Bristol a Bath a couple of weeks ago in the cup game, but it's not quite the same. Give them a cheer from me!