IGNORED

Liam Manning - pre-match Blackburn

Here’s today’s presser. Most relaxed I’ve seen Liam probably since joining. Few notes:

- Naismith will be out all season

- Can do pre background checks before players come in to avoid injury and when in you need to manage them properly to avoid injuries

- Across the game there appear to be injuries across several clubs

- No new injury concerns from Saturday. Nobody due back for tomorrow.

- Thinks the 4 clean sheets have been helped by time on the grass, coaching principles of how to defend and then the players have executed. Thinks players have defended well, particularly set pieces

- Thought showed a different side to the team on Saturday with desire to defend the goal. Referenced 28 shots in open play vs Leicester and Plymouth

- After international break considered it a block of 8. Thinks performances and results have been good. Played well against Southampton prior to sticky patch

- Need to get to a point where it’s about us but not the opposition and we need to hit our levels. International break was a great opportunity to reset and refocus on us

- Thinks Blackburn will be different from December and thinks we’ve progressed and evolved since that game

- Saturday there was a disconnect out of possession but thought did a good job second half although looked leggy and conditions didn’t help

- Distance between front line and back line was wrong first half on Saturday. System change helped in that in second half.

- Thinks Roberts can play in a two but looked more comfortable second half, not just down to him but due to wider team being better. Roberts covers ground well and is good on the ball

- Thinks Tanner has been outstanding. It’s a young group and can only improve.

- Re transfers - looking at profiles of players to bring in and LMs involvement is now increasing. Wants a blend of profiles in the squad - looking for someone who is explosive with physicality but aware it costs. Abroad from a cost perspective is attractive but will need to look how players will settle and adjust.

- Outgoings - discussions will happen after weekend. Didn’t want to discuss in break due to run we’d had and schedule busy since

- Under 18s in the last 4 games ? -18s play tomorrow and we have to fulfil the fixtures and several got injured. If we get TGH and Dickie fit we have great competition (Pivoted straight to first team players when answering so looks unlikely)

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nice informative interview.

Little bit on first half probs, Roberts, the summer no9.

KN out for season

RD / TGH on grass but not ready for tomorrow.

Merge Dave, merge. We need a rota system - you can do the pre Huddersfield one!

Just the one Southampton this week. Nice to see him a bit more relaxed and open following the recent good form. Good chance to end the season well now and get people behind him for next year

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can’t be bothered to listen. His pressers seem all the same to me. No doubt he mentions ‘time on the grass’…….…..:fastasleep:

Think he mentioned Southampton again. It's embarrassing but I suppose if you were an artist whose body of work was limited to one decent painting you wouldn't stop mentioning it..........at least change the record and mention Leicester City for the next 167 press conferences.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Street red said:

Have a feeling he might have too much of a mouth for that lot 😂 Always talked a lot of sense quality player.

When I’m injured I’m a quality player too , 

I agree when fit he is a decent player and we are a better side with him in it ,  FIT & WHEN are the main words though 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, redkev said:

When I’m injured I’m a quality player too , 

I agree when fit he is a decent player and we are a better side with him in it ,  FIT & WHEN are the main words though 

I liked Naismith a lot, but I think it's time to just move on from him at this point and not consider him available for us again in general. 

The only partnership he's formed recently is on RobinsTV and unfortunately I can't see that changing much now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

I liked Naismith a lot, but I think it's time to just move on from him at this point and not consider him available for us again in general. 

The only partnership he's formed recently is on RobinsTV and unfortunately I can't see that changing much now.

He the modern day Steve Brooker , always injured hopeful of his return and looking forward to it - but sadly never happens , 2-3 games back then injured again - move on asap 

• Like 1

Since when has “on the grass” come into the game? They all bloody say it nowadays. It’s probably only been the last 2-3 years I’ve heard it and now everyone says it! 

They used to say “on the training pitch”. And in those days, the training pitch was actually made of grass. 

Now they say “on the grass” when in fact the training pitch is now made of artificial fibres!! 

How stupid. Surely they should either say “on the training pitch” or “on the desso”, because saying “grass” is not strictly true! 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mozo said:

Definitely sounds like a powerful foreign striker is the target.

Ha ha of course it is..  supporters who have not yet renewed their season tickets are the real target..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Ha ha of course it is..  supporters who have not yet renewed their season tickets are the real target..

Well he was only answering Piercy's leading questions, but maybe Piercy is in on it :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Since when has “on the grass” come into the game? They all bloody say it nowadays. It’s probably only been the last 2-3 years I’ve heard it and now everyone says it! 

They used to say “on the training pitch”. And in those days, the training pitch was actually made of grass. 

Now they say “on the grass” when in fact the training pitch is now made of artificial fibres!! 

How stupid. Surely they should either say “on the training pitch” or “on the desso”, because saying “grass” is not strictly true! 

Hi Harry, it seems that it gets to you in the same way that reporters get to me by saying "2 Decades ago or 1 Decade on  from now", what the **** is wrong with 20yrs ago or 10 yrs on from now. It makes my pi55 boil :grr: .

Sorry mate just having my old age rant, wouldn't have happened 2 decades 20yrs ago :facepalm: :thumbsup:

That was by far the best interview I've yet seen from LM, tbf he's been under immense pressure (wonder why) so to see him in that relaxed way was a lot easier to take. I'll see what the next few results bring & then try & relax before it all starts again.

COYR's