IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Should’ve brought Mehmeti on much earlier. Love or hate his decison making he makes things happen, consistently. 

Twine had a much better second half i thought but still not worth the £4m that Burnley want. 

Yeah totally agree. I think Manning missed a trick by not bringing Mehmeti on at half time, but having said that, we were the better team for most of the second half.

Just now, bearded_red said:

Another throughly miserable afternoon at Ashton Gate watching this tepid garbage.

If this football is the best way of being successful the sport will die.

Mate, we won 5-0 a few days ago and won 3 in a row at home prior to today! A bit of perspective!

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
13 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Manning not the man to take this club forward I’m afraid.

Is this really how pathetically reactionary we are going to be now? One disappointing draw after a decent run of form and a 5-0 win in midweek?

I was Manning out when we on an extended poor run. But our form has been much improved over the past few weeks. We are a mid-table squad doing mid-table things. Will we win games we don’t expect to and lose some we expect to win. Our league position is about par for the squad.

We can’t constantly keep changing manager without really strong justification. Right now I don’t think that strong justification is there, and Manning needs time - and the summer - to see what he can really do.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
Just now, Numero Uno said:

Childish.

Point being that Bristol City have had games like this under every single manager in my lifetime, more frequently than I care to imagine. Expecting perfection every week is what Man City fans do. Sadly, for ua it just won't happen. So there was a point.

• Facepalm 1
12 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Robins TV cuts to a clip of Section 82 celebrating at about 30% capacity 😂

Mass exodus as soon as their goal went in. At that point there were what, 9 mins left? Though I didn't see us getting a goal it's a risk leaving that early these days with more stoppage time 

Just now, mozo said:

Point being that Bristol City have had games like this under every single manager in my lifetime, more frequently than I care to imagine. Expecting perfection every week is what Man City fans do. Sadly, for ua it just won't happen. So there was a point.

……..and when it’s four out of six home games boring people to death fans are entitled to call it out for what it is too.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mozo said:

Demanding high performance every week is the only way to become successful. 

Saying "well we've always struggled against these sort of teams" is incredibly tinpot. 

• Like 2
Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Oh yes. I'm sorry. I shouldn't expect us to put in a good performance against a bottom 3 team. 

You can expect whatever you want, but how many years have you watched Bristol City? When did you last see consistently high levels of execution?

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Cos I'm a Bristol City fan and want us to do well? 

Strange concept I know. 

So you’re a Bristol City fan who wants us to do well when we aren’t playing well, but you aren’t bothered when we’re winning?

Got it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, westonred said:

Outplayed by a very unlucky bottom 3 team team, we didnt deserve a thing. We just cant seem to play against the lower teams. Before anyone says how about Blackburn we were gifted 4 goals in that one

Didn’t realise we lost to plymouth and swansea. 

10 points against the bottom 10 in our last 4 games against them. Not exactly terrible mate. 

There are serious faults in LMs game but he has quite clearly learnt from the streak post southampton. 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Mate, we won 5-0 a few days ago and won 3 in a row at home prior to today! A bit of perspective!

But that predictable city, said before the game, could be 0-0, or we will struggle to win, no matter whos the manager thats always been the city unfortunately 

A mid table side like us are going to put in poor performances, nature of the division and the league. Huddersfield poor against Preston and responded today, Brum poor against Cardiff and responded by hammering Coventry. Blackburn beat Leeds after Wednesday, up to Manning to ensure the team improved next game, can’t expect us to win every week and play well.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mozo said:

It was a poor performance, but if you want amazing football every week, go and support Man City

Grow up. Mentioned on an earlier post that some people having a go at one particular individual was getting tiresome…. Attack the post not the poster.  Lots of people including me have been saying it was a dreadful game. Should I be going to watch Man City as well???

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is this really how pathetically reactionary we are going to be now? One disappointing draw after a decent run of form and a 5-0 win in midweek?

I was Manning out when we on an extended poor run. But our form has been much improved over the past few weeks. We are a mid-table squad doing mid-table things. Will we win games we don’t expect to and lose some we expect to win. Our league position is about par for the squad.

We can’t constantly keep changing manager without really strong justification. Right now I don’t think that strong justification is there, and Manning needs time - and the summer - to see what he can really do.

That’s what’s going to happen and if he changes nothing and we continue to put these performances in regularly then his position need’s revisiting. The ball is in his court.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Demanding high performance every week is the only way to become successful. 

Saying "well we've always struggled against these sort of teams" is incredibly tinpot. 

Nature of the league I’m afraid, hence why Cov, Leeds and Leicester all lost this weekend to relegation threatened sides.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
5 minutes ago, westonred said:

Outplayed by a very unlucky bottom 3 team team, we didnt deserve a thing. We just cant seem to play against the lower teams. Before anyone says how about Blackburn we were gifted 4 goals in that one

We weren’t outplayed 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You’ve said reactionary? Perhaps he’s had that opinion for a while and three positive results may not have changed his mind. So in fact you have “ reacted “ after three decent performances. 

For the record I don’t care enough either way. Do I think he is good enough? No. Do I think his football is any good? No. 
Do I think the idiots above are more of a problem? Absolutely.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He will get that now - you can argue if he’s earned it or not - but it’s the only logical move for the club.

I suspect he won’t have that many games though, from the fans especially, to show he can have us up there (top 10) competing before he’s under massive pressure again though! 

• Like 1