IGNORED

Wasn’t worth it, good luck for the future…

On 13/04/2024 at 17:50, formerly known as ivan said:

I don’t get why people don’t like it when someone expresses an opinion on a forum?

You don’t like it when people express different opinions to yours on this forum by the looks of things so you can’t have it both ways.

Despite all the moaning about Manning I just had a quick look at the last 5 results for every team in the Championship and guess what we are top with 11 points, now tell me honestly if that was our previous manager's record over the last 5 games this forum would be dreaming of better times ahead, it's a results business and you can't say manning at last is not getting them.

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

Despite all the moaning about Manning I just had a quick look at the last 5 results for every team in the Championship and guess what we are top with 11 points, now tell me honestly if that was our previous manager's record over the last 5 games this forum would be dreaming of better times ahead, it's a results business and you can't say manning at last is not getting them.

I’m judging things on the 6 months Manning has been here, not the 5 end of season games that have no meaning to them.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2024 at 21:47, Benneythered said:

You could have just left...did you need to let everyone know? Bye

Well obviously he did feel the need to, yes. Don’t see why that should be a problem, sharing thoughts and impressions about matches is what this forum is for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Well obviously he did feel the need to, yes. Don’t see why that should be a problem, sharing thoughts and impressions about matches is what this forum is for. 

There are some clowns on here mate, add very little value other than running their mouths on here when you don’t write something they like, whilst at the same time offering little in way of debate or discussion.

There are members on here that making trying to support the club as painful as the people running it.

Edited by formerly known as ivan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

On 13/04/2024 at 22:11, Nescot said:

You’re the person who tried desperately to get a role in the club only to get knocked back - that’s when you started slagging off Tinnion and the club. Very transparent and now your main hobby is slagging off Ian Gay because he gets the info you licked desperately for only to get knocked back.

I don’t really like jumping on the band wagon but really couldn’t let this go by. I tried honestly 😊  I think you’ll find there’s plenty of people who also slag Ian Gay off so do they all have an agenda? I’m not sure Ian Gay has given any info that’s ever been tried and tested. 
  Telling everyone the new manager was going to be someone we’d be very excited about didn’t turn out so well 😂

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

I don’t really like jumping on the band wagon but really couldn’t let this go by. I tried honestly 😊  I think you’ll find there’s plenty of people who also slag Ian Gay off so do they all have an agenda? I’m not sure Ian Gay has given any info that’s ever been tried and tested. 
  Telling everyone the new manager was going to be someone we’d be very excited about didn’t turn out so well 😂

you have to give him some credit for finding someone that will talk to him.

at least hes not making it all up now,  tinnion might be but ian gay is only repeating what bt wants him to put out there, exactly as your point above shows👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I’m judging things on the 6 months Manning has been here, not the 5 end of season games that have no meaning to them.

They'd have had meaning to them had he lost all 5!

11 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Four of those five end of season matches had a lot of meaning to Leicester, Plymouth, Blackburn and Huddersfield.

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s pretty good imho.

Excellent value in the current market, 12 hours minimum entertainment for £100, compared to PL charging probably half that for 90mins

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

at least hes not making it all up now,  tinnion might be but ian gay is only repeating what bt wants him to put out there, exactly as your point above shows👍

If this is actually true Brian Tinnion needs to look in the mirror and then resign immediately. You couldn't be more amateur if you tried and is certainly not included in the expected "behaviours" of the Technical Director of a Championship Football Club. The fact there also appears to be previous in terms of letting a select one or two on X know the amount we bid for Azaz could lead someone to believe the above is exactly what is happening.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pillred said:

Not if we'd played shite since October. The more balanced people on here would be saying that it would be a good time to change manager.

• Hmmm 2

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

If this is actually true Brian Tinnion needs to look in the mirror and then resign immediately. You couldn't be more amateur if you tried and is certainly not included in the expected "behaviours" of the Technical Director of a Championship Football Club. The fact there also appears to be previous in terms of letting a select one or two on X know the amount we bid for Azaz could lead someone to believe the above is exactly what is happening.

im only guessing N/O , no truth in my comment whatsoever that i know of but it wouldnt surprise me now we are taking the amateur route

3 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

im only guessing N/O , no truth in my comment whatsoever that i know of but it wouldnt surprise me now we are taking the amateur route

I did use the word IF on the basis that if you are going to feed information out to certain fans to try and convey a club agenda I'm not sure the person concerned would be the greatest choice. The way he comes across to me in publically available media I think you would struggle to rely on him to always withhold sensitive information. This is the most basic reason you just do not go down that route and if this has happened (and I mean with any fan who has a media or social media presence not just a particular one) I would 100% stand by my comment that a Director of the club couldn't possibly continue in post in an organisation that genuinely wants to run things professionally.

• Like 3

On 13/04/2024 at 17:42, formerly known as ivan said:

After not having attended a game since Swansea for my own sanity, performances and results have picked up. Some on here and social media believing Manning is in fact the second coming. So against my best judgement, I decided to have another look myself.

Wow, that was dire! It confirmed everything we already knew. This new and improved Manningball was a flash in the pan. That my friends is the football you have to look forward to next season, which will come as no surprise to many.

Good luck all for next season. I shall look forward to a return to the gate in a year or two.

Farewell........"Ivan the Terrible".....and thanks for all the  Fish

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Farewell........"Ivan the Terrible".....and thanks for all the  Fish

Another well thought out and presented argument… 

20 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

You don’t like it when people express different opinions to yours on this forum by the looks of things so you can’t have it both ways.

@Charlie BCFC couldn’t back this up then?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pillred said:

So being top over the last five means that one should expect a performance with more confidence against a struggling side like Huddersfield.

So how did we manage to give us supporters, one of the most awful displays that I've seen in a long time?

Backwards and sideways all the time. Boring and not the least bit entertaining.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pillred said:

Season isnt over 5 games is it.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Another well thought out and presented argument… 

@Charlie BCFC couldn’t back this up then?

Really sorry mate that I have more to life than this website! Well you’ve rubbished lots of people who have had a differing opinion on Manning and then stated people thinking he is “the second coming” when people are just happy with our recent form. If you don’t want to renew that’s your shout but when you post on here every day about how you don’t want to watch us then surely you can’t be shocked people think you’re looking for attention?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Really sorry mate that I have more to life than this website! Well you’ve rubbished lots of people who have had a differing opinion on Manning and then stated people thinking he is “the second coming” when people are just happy with our recent form. If you don’t want to renew that’s your shout but when you post on here every day about how you don’t want to watch us then surely you can’t be shocked people think you’re looking for attention?

I don’t think I’ve rubbished anyone’s opinion. I might have said why I don’t agree with them. Tends to be the whole point of a forum. I would never just put… “you’re wrong” for example.

Will take on board your other points though.

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

So being top over the last five means that one should expect a performance with more confidence against a struggling side like Huddersfield.

So how did we manage to give us supporters, one of the most awful displays that I've seen in a long time?

Backwards and sideways all the time. Boring and not the least bit entertaining.

Ask the Leed fans how they feel playing a side recently they should easily beat, as the cliche goes there are no easy games in the Championship. 

Edited by pillred

1 minute ago, pillred said:

And yet when we only pick up a couple of points over 5 games like we have at times we are doomed, going down, Manning is 5crap etc.

I dont judge over 5 games personally but  actually think on what I have seen that Manning appears crap so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Ask the Leed fans how they feel playing a side recently they should easily beat, as the cliche goes there are no easy games in the Championship. 

Leeds haven’t won in their last three games, losing 2-1 at Coventry they had 19 shots to Coventry 11, in the 0-0 against Sunderland they had 12 shots versus 6.. against Blackburn they lost having 19 shots versus 3. To compare our plight versus that of Leeds is as ridiculous as is your support for Manning and the way that he has us ‘playing’. Be honest with yourself at least, it’s been pretty poor and if it were not for Max we would have been humiliated a good few times and he would have been long gone by now.

• Like 1
  • Flames 4

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Leeds haven’t won in their last three games, losing 2-1 at Coventry they had 19 shots to Coventry 11, in the 0-0 against Sunderland they had 12 shots versus 6.. against Blackburn they lost having 19 shots versus 3. To compare our plight versus that of Leeds is as ridiculous as is your support for Manning and the way that he has us ‘playing’. Be honest with yourself at least, it’s been pretty poor and if it were not for Max we would have been humiliated a good few times and he would have been long gone by now.

I wasn't comparing, just pointing out to the poster expecting us to beat Huddersfield that Leeds had lost at home to Blackburn, so read my post properly before having a go, yes a few of the performances have been a bit underwhelming but it's a results business and he is certainly currently getting them, if you think Manning is going anywhere fast you will be sorely disappointed. I think you will soon be another poster having to eat humble pie, just as a few on this forum have already started to backtrack. 

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

I wasn't comparing, just merely pointing out to the poster expecting us to beat Huddersfield that Leeds had lost at home to Blackburn, so read my post properly before having a go, it seems to almost annoy you that we have not lost in the last five games because if you think Manning is going anywhere fast you will be sorely disappointed. I think you will also be another poster having to eat humble pie before long just as a few have already started to backtrack. 

And my point was that although given their league position we should be beating Huddersfield at home, unlike Leeds we only had 9 shots vs 13.. Leeds have largely been unlucky, I thought Huddersfield were the better side against us. Unfortunately I think that you’re right on Manning, and if you read my post properly where have I said he’s going anywhere fast? Lucky not to have already gone though in my opinion.

And if I do need to eat humble pie, then that’ll be a good thing for all of us, right?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, FNQ said:

And my point was that although given their league position we should be beating Huddersfield at home, unlike Leeds we only had 9 shots vs 13.. Leeds have largely been unlucky, I thought Huddersfield were the better side against us. Unfortunately I think that you’re right on Manning, and if you read my post properly where have I said he’s going anywhere fast? Lucky not to have already gone though in my opinion.

And if I do need to eat humble pie, then that’ll be a good thing for all of us, right?

Indeed it will be. and I hope you do need to.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, pillred said:

I wasn't comparing, just pointing out to the poster expecting us to beat Huddersfield that Leeds had lost at home to Blackburn, so read my post properly before having a go, yes a few of the performances have been a bit underwhelming but it's a results business and he is certainly currently getting them, if you think Manning is going anywhere fast you will be sorely disappointed. I think you will soon be another poster having to eat humble pie, just as a few on this forum have already started to backtrack. 

I think Liam was as close as two defeats away from the sack and had the Leicester and Plymouth games been defeats he couldn't have complained about it either (albeit the real problem at the club would remain imo). Since then he hasn't lost a game so it wouldn't make sense for fans to keep calling him out albeit performances are still very mixed from week to week.

I think the majority of (not all) posters on here will change their minds if someone or something gives them reason too. You can call it backtracking as if its some form of weakness (real weakness is refusing to change your opinion/admit you got it wrong in the face of compelling evidence to the contrary) or you can call it being plain reasonable as new/different facts present themselves? Happens all the time at work, you start down one route and end up choosing another as facts change, nothing to be ashamed of.

However, before anyone has to start eating humble pie and other bollocks, he's got pre-season and the first three months of next season to successfully negotiate, no two ways about that. Come through that period unscathed, playing some nice football/looking upwards and people can start talking about pies and how they knew better all along................

I can only think of less than a handful of posters, at most, that simply won't have Manning under any circumstances.

• Like 2