IGNORED

Wasn’t worth it, good luck for the future…

6 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

After not having attended a game since Swansea for my own sanity, performances and results have picked up. Some on here and social media believing Manning is in fact the second coming. So against my best judgement, I decided to have another look myself.

Wow, that was dire! It confirmed everything we already knew. This new and improved Manningball was a flash in the pan. That my friends is the football you have to look forward to next season, which will come as no surprise to many.

Good luck all for next season. I shall look forward to a return to the gate in a year or two.

This is a massive loss for the club. I first went to a game at the gate in 1986, and since then there have been lots of downs, and to be fair a few ups. However this news has rocked me...... how will we cope?

• Facepalm 2

I‘m increasingly watching the pennies and am currently only assessing City as another form of entertainment.

I love that the results have improved recently, but unfortunately the level of entertainment isn’t worth paying for.

I’ll take full advantage of my RobinsTV subscription for the remainder of the season, then rely on the YouTube “highlights” next year.

Edited by SydneyCity
  • Like 2

I’d renew if I was still living in the UK but only because it’s a chance to spend time with my father, and it’s an age old routine that I couldn’t imagine not doing. It must feel harder and harder to justify it though when two thirds of the games we play produce football like that. People want to see exciting performances as well as results.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nescot said:

Look im sure he’s a nice chap but don’t go begging for a job and then turn on people when you don’t get it. Weak. 

Mate it seems like you're the only one after a job at Bristol Sport with your constant tireless defence of the North Korean culture. 

Your attitudes do make you well suited to a job within BS. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

I‘m increasingly watching the pennies and am currently only assessing City as another form of entertainment.

I love that the results have improved recently, but unfortunately the level of entertainment isn’t worth paying for.

I’ll take full advantage of my RobinsTV subscription for the remainder of the season, then rely on the YouTube “highlights” next year.

This is how I feel too.

691 quid to renew our season tickets. Can't buy cheaper ones in the south stand. 

400ish quid in travel costs. 

Then 20-30 a game on food and drink, although I accept thats optional but that's how I like to consume a match day. 

So 1800 for 23 games of boring dull football with the odd good result with no signs of any hope that we will progress any time soon. 

I could probably have 23 days abroad and have a fantastic time and have change from 1800. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

After not having attended a game since Swansea for my own sanity, performances and results have picked up. Some on here and social media believing Manning is in fact the second coming. So against my best judgement, I decided to have another look myself.

Wow, that was dire! It confirmed everything we already knew. This new and improved Manningball was a flash in the pan. That my friends is the football you have to look forward to next season, which will come as no surprise to many.

Good luck all for next season. I shall look forward to a return to the gate in a year or two.

Are you okay hun? DM me x 

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

take no notice of any of the childish retorts that have been posted,  you have every reason to feel the way you do and plenty of people feel the same way, fair play for even going back to have some more, i cant get as far as opening the car door to go and support the idiots running the club let alone watch the reported shite being served up

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

take no notice of any of the childish retorts that have been posted,  you have every reason to feel the way you do and plenty of people feel the same way, fair play for even going back to have some more, i cant get as far as opening the car door to go and support the idiots running the club let alone watch the reported shite being served up

Absolutely mate. I’ve been around long enough now to not be hurt by other people’s opinions. Unfortunately it seems some still don’t like it when your opinion is different from theirs. The very funny and well thought out reply of “you’ll be missed” in relation to not renewing is wrong. Yes, I will be missed. Not by individuals on here, but by the club. Fans are the life blood of every club, both financially and physically. Just look how empty the ground was again yesterday. And the atmosphere, yesterday must have been one of the worse of the season and that’s saying something!

I’m assuming season ticket sales aren’t going well as I’m sure the club usually release updates on numbers. Also noticed the promotional video being played on TV a few times to promote season tickets. That will come at a cost and seems pretty desperate to me.

But I am just a fan who isn’t needed by all accounts…

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

13 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Your right ✅️ under Manning  I've left early  in about  4 or 5 games absolute  boring  football  ,under him next seasons  a right off. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

I guess you weren’t at AG when City put 5 past Blackburn?  Whilst BR were crap City took advantage and played some great stuff.

Today was entirely different. The Terries defended well and City huffed and puffed and just couldn’t break them down - it happens.

Clueless and lacking in tactics and substitutions to break them down, as they’ve been against so many teams this season,

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Absolutely mate. I’ve been around long enough now to not be hurt by other people’s opinions. Unfortunately it seems some still don’t like it when your opinion is different from theirs. The very funny and well thought out reply of “you’ll be missed” in relation to not renewing is wrong. Yes, I will be missed. Not by individuals on here, but by the club. Fans are the life blood of every club, both financially and physically. Just look how empty the ground was again yesterday. And the atmosphere, yesterday must have been one of the worse of the season and that’s saying something!

I’m assuming season ticket sales aren’t going well as I’m sure the club usually release updates on numbers. Also noticed the promotional video being played on TV a few times to promote season tickets. That will come at a cost and seems pretty desperate to me.

But I am just a fan who isn’t needed by all accounts…

No matter what people say, you’ll will be missed. We aren’t a big Premier League club, where a seat will immediately be taken by a person on their season ticket waiting list. Every fan is valuable. I hope the club realises this too because the trend of increasing attendances won’t continue without a better quality of product on the pitch and if we end up going backwards, they’ll need the core fanbase to stick with them more than ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not that cringeworthy Joe Sims advert? If so, thanks for reminding me for another reason why i'm glad I won't be renewing 😂 

10 hours ago, Bobtherobin said:

This is a massive loss for the club. I first went to a game at the gate in 1986, and since then there have been lots of downs, and to be fair a few ups. However this news has rocked me...... how will we cope?

You can be sarcastic but if 1000 people take his view then Steve has to find another £0.5m out of his own pocket. Thats ok though cos you don’t give a ****😂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Another poster stating they won't be attending next season to add to the list. I'll remind them next season when they post they do..

There will undoubtedly be a drop off in ST sales, quote this if I’m wrong by all means, it’s just a case of how many……..

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

There will undoubtedly be a drop off in ST sales, quote this if I’m wrong by all means, it’s just a case of how many……..

To have not said how many have sold to date if they are going well is beyond bizarre. On Tuesday it’s one week until renewal date and if that’s not met with a campaign of “Join the xxx who have renewed already”, I think it’s safe to say we’re a long way down from what the club hoped.

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

To have not said how many have sold to date if they are going well is beyond bizarre. On Tuesday it’s one week until renewal date and if that’s not met with a campaign of “Join the xxx who have renewed already”, I think it’s safe to say we’re a long way down from what the club hoped.

I was thinking it would be hundreds not renewing. Some think it might be a few thousand. My gut feel is the recent run, regardless of the quality of the football, will persuade those of us waiting last minute to give our (futile but still needed imo) message to the hierarchy enough reason to renew and it will end up hundreds maybe a thousand down.

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well I haven’t renewed yet for mine and my sons U19 in the Dolman Centre.

I’m sure I will just because it’s something we do together and with his ever increasing social life that is far busier than mine I still want to have some time with him.

Hopefully in years to come he’ll do the same with his kids and they see some success.

But I will wait till the last moment to do it and I’m certainly not convinced we’ll see better football next season.

But 5 of his mates have U19 season tickets in the Dolman Centre and only one of them is renewing.

I know it’s a bit different for them as they are starting to work and play men’s football but they’ve been week in week out this season and done quite a few away games, but at this time they’re not being drawn back next season and I think that’s a shame as ultimately they are the future.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

18 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

No one has said Manning was the 2nd coming, far from it. Most are still questioning the sacking of Pearson who had done a great job of tidying up the 5hit show he inherited. Before anyone jumps on the "move on" bandwagon the reason fans still are questioning the sacking is because the club have been perceived in being less than economical with the reasoning. 

There are a few questions that remain unanswered.

Manning's tenure seems to hinge on the club (not Manning) getting the correct players in the summer. It will be an interesting summer and whilst I am sceptical you have to say that the business done from last summer has been largely very good.

Edited by Swede
Hadn't finished post!
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Big Cheese said:

Clueless and lacking in tactics and substitutions to break them down, as they’ve been against so many teams this season,

Not having any fit genuine centrebacks is a bit of a mitigation, in terms of a slightly more cautious protecting aporoach but when we went to a back 4 we improved.

(Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson, Naismith).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is how I feel too.

691 quid to renew our season tickets. Can't buy cheaper ones in the south stand. 

400ish quid in travel costs. 

Then 20-30 a game on food and drink, although I accept thats optional but that's how I like to consume a match day. 

So 1800 for 23 games of boring dull football with the odd good result with no signs of any hope that we will progress any time soon. 

I could probably have 23 days abroad and have a fantastic time and have change from 1800. 

I could've sworn we won 5-0 a few days ago...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He can bring in any players he likes, it’s his brand on football I can’t get behind.

People around me said the Blackburn game wasn’t great, they just made mistakes that lead to goals.

My worry is can we trust ourselves to give him and Tinnion any small amount we might get judging on cornick mbude etc not overly convinced with mcCrorie for 2ml

• Like 1