IGNORED

Wasn’t worth it, good luck for the future…

6 minutes ago, Nescot said:

No they weren’t, it was 4231 

So it's taken you all this time to say that you either weren't at the match or don't understand the game? 

At least you've confirmed that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Fair enough.

How often are you going to post saying this?

I didn’t want Pearson sacked & definitely don’t think Manning is the second coming, but he certainly deserves a summer to bring in a couple of his own players.

I really respect your opinion mate, you’ve been going to Ashton Gate and posting on here longer than most. But , for me, this is crisis time. Giving Manning a summer window with Tinnion calling the shots spells disaster. 

Without wanting to rake over old ground, we’ve got 3 or 4 blokes running the club, with no experience, or any kind of track record that says we’re going to improve on what we’re seeing now.

I said in the week, we always put in a 5 star performance when the season is over and done, today, up against a team fighting for their future, we came up short again. 

I look at the players we brought in in January and square that against the players likely to leave, and I only see a struggle next season. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I really respect your opinion mate, you’ve been going to Ashton Gate and posting on here longer than most. But , for me, this is crisis time. Giving Manning a summer window with Tinnion calling the shots spells disaster. 

Without wanting to rake over old ground, we’ve got 3 or 4 blokes running the club, with no experience, or any kind of track record that says we’re going to improve on what we’re seeing now.

I said in the week, we always put in a 5 star performance when the season is over and done, today, up against a team fighting for their future, we came up short again. 

I look at the players we brought in in January and square that against the players likely to leave, and I only see a struggle next season. 

Fair enough, respect your opinion too.

This is going to sound like I’m sitting on the fence but personally I’m not sure of that (bar the Tinnion bit).

At present, Weimann aside, we don’t know who’s leaving this summer & won’t know who is arriving for some while.

January was odd, Bird looks like a decent signing on paper, Mebude however is totally baffling & Twine certainly has the pedigree but has been 6/10 so far, no guarantee that he’ll be here by then, of course.

Murphy is still only 19 so even if he was fit (which he’s clearly not) I doubt he’d be much more than a sub, Stokes is very similar.

If James does leave I’ll be disappointed, though would accept that if that’s his decision then it’s a slightly different story.

• Like 1

What i find irritating is negative style tactics, when you're  at home, playing a team in trouble i would rather go all out at them. I don't want to see "protective football!" in a game i believe we can win. I think Manning is trying to do the right thing by adjusting the team and tactics each game to suite our opponent, which is the right thing to do, however, i have to be honest, I was a fan of the Newcastle model under Keegan (we will attack and attack and hopefully score more than you), for example i would rather see a game we lost 3-4 and we really went at it than negative tactics. I believe if we had more confidence and went for the attack we would win more than we would lose. I might be completely wrong, but i would enjoy the exciting football either way. I feel the same about England.

Edited by noize
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, noize said:

What i find irritating is negative style tactics, when you're  at home, playing a team in trouble i would rather go all out at them. I don't want to see "protective football!" in a game i believe we can win. I think Manning is trying to do the right thing by adjusting the team and tactics each game to suite our opponent, which is the right thing to do, however, i have to be honest, I was a fan of the Newcastle model under Keegan (we will attack and attack and hopefully score more than you), for example i would rather see a game we lost 3-4 and we really went at it than negative tactics. I believe if we had more confidence and went for the attack we would win more than we would lose. I might be completely wrong, but i would enjoy the exciting football either way. I feel the same about England.

Can’t go all out against anyone with a makeshift CB pairing.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, Nescot said:

Can’t go all out against anyone with a makeshift CB pairing.

I take your point onboard, i was talking in more general terms, but obviously also today, however, i would agree more if we were playing Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds etc, even with a make shift defence, why do we need to show so much respect to Huddersfield, fighting relegation, and we are at home? Surely we could of gone at it a little more?

Just now, noize said:

I take your point onboard, i was talking in more general terms, but obviously also today, however, i would agree more if we were playing Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds etc, even with a make shift defence, why do we need to show so much respect to Huddersfield, fighting relegation, and we are at home? Surely we could have gone at it a little more?

We didn’t, they played well. Give credit to opposition this is the championship - Leeds didn’t lay a glove on Blackburn and we hit 5 past them. Coventry beat Leeds last week and got battered by Brum today. You are not going to dominate every week don’t happen.

36 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Mcrorie,Tanner,Roberts

Sykes and Pring wing backs 

I think the troll listened to the commentary and didn’t watch what actually happened.  I have plenty of screenshots too.

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 15.02.07.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 15.04.01.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 15.15.46.jpeg

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

After not having attended a game since Swansea for my own sanity, performances and results have picked up. Some on here and social media believing Manning is in fact the second coming. So against my best judgement, I decided to have another look myself.

Wow, that was dire! It confirmed everything we already knew. This new and improved Manningball was a flash in the pan. That my friends is the football you have to look forward to next season, which will come as no surprise to many.

Good luck all for next season. I shall look forward to a return to the gate in a year or two.

Bye then !

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the troll listened to the commentary and didn’t watch what actually happened.  I have plenty of screenshots too.

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 15.02.07.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 15.04.01.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 15.15.46.jpeg

You’re the person who tried desperately to get a role in the club only to get knocked back - that’s when you started slagging off Tinnion and the club. Very transparent and now your main hobby is slagging off Ian Gay because he gets the info you licked desperately for only to get knocked back.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 7

5 minutes ago, Nescot said:

You’re the person who tried desperately to get a role in the club only to get knocked back - that’s when you started slagging off Tinnion and the club. Very transparent and now your main hobby is slagging off Ian Gay because he gets the info you licked desperately for only to get knocked back.

You really are a strange little troll, aren't you? I just don't get the point....

• Like 5

Just now, Steve Watts said:

You really are a strange little troll, aren't you? I just don't get the point....

What’s strange is trying desperately to get a job in the club, getting turned down, and then turning on individuals out of spite. He says it himself about Ian Gay, I and a number of other forum members have picked up on it.

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Nescot said:

@Davefevs have you “licked” desperately? Treat your woman with respect man…

• Haha 3

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

So were you even at the game? Cus it was clearly a back three!

No. Going by what com said.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Haha, just seen the quoted post. 🤣🤣🤣

So many false statements in there. Bit embarrassing.  Bless!

Of course they are Dave…..

• Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, Nescot said:

I went of what the com said. 

3 days old poster, who ‘watches’ games on the radio,calling people out. 

Tell Mr Lansdown to let you into the match, that’s the least a club employee should expect. 

You can tell him to SUFO as well if you like. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, glynriley said:

3 days old poster, who ‘watches’ games on the radio,calling people out. 

Tell Mr Lansdown to let you into the match, that’s the least a club employee should expect. 

You can tell him to SUFU as well if you like. 

You’re late to the party mate. 

21 minutes ago, Nescot said:

What’s strange is trying desperately to get a job in the club, getting turned down, and then turning on individuals out of spite. He says it himself about Ian Gay, I and a number of other forum members have picked up on it.

Bristol Sport ****

• Flames 1

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

Yes, an opinion I was entitled to have based on being at the match! How can you start shouting your mouth off when you weren’t even there? Do you go to any games?

I was laughing at you and your thread rather than shouting my mouth off.