IGNORED

SL - interview please for end of season

Believe Steve reads the forum from time to time (at least has hinted that way in the past). Therefore Steve if you see this please can you talk to the fans at the end of the season, we don’t want to hear from Tinnion, Manning, Jon, Marshall, we want to hear from you. 

Where you see the club going, the investment in the women’s team (or perceived lack of taking opportunity in PL), backing the squad with summer investment, the performance levels from this season considering the board expectations of top six (as mentioned when Pearson was sacked). We need to hear from the top as many are waiving on renewing season tickets. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

The only way it’s in any way likely to happen is after next Tuesday the numbers renewing season tickets are way down on the clubs expectations (and I think they will expect/accept a dropoff of 5% ish from this year - that can be hidden behind cost of living, new TV deal etc)

If, however, they see a 10% plus drop in ST sales then I could see Steve emerging to try and do a communication. Dont forget that the last time he was at a home game was the rattling around the stadium at Swansea. That was explained away as mother’s day(!) - if he then sees ST sales down markedly a bit of protecting his investment income kicks in…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The only way it’s in any way likely to happen is after next Tuesday the numbers renewing season tickets are way down on the clubs expectations (and I think they will expect/accept a dropoff of 5% ish from this year - that can be hidden behind cost of living, new TV deal etc)

If, however, they see a 10% plus drop in ST sales then I could see Steve emerging to try and do a communication. Dont forget that the last time he was at a home game was the rattling around the stadium at Swansea. That was explained away as mother’s day(!) - if he then sees ST sales down markedly a bit of protecting his investment income kicks in…

SL was at the game on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the first season ticket deadline is about 10 days off , the same seat renewals and then a move your seat day, a LOT of people will leave it late for two reasons, one is yes wavering , although for some it has become a social thing as well , but also leave it to the latest moment to send them a warning shot , a lot I have spoken to say they will give them one last chance to get it right but numbers will still be down a bit , but agree it would be right to hear from one/ some of them to I guess say at least ok we did not get it totally right but let’s push on and we appreciate you etc , at some stage we all have to go forward or we are really ****** 

Someone said to me on Saturday it’s a but shit but could be worse , when asked how said had friends from Portsmouth, Blackpool, Reading and Coventry who have been through hell to be honest and are coming back in various degrees, fair point . 

• Like 1

If SL does an interview, I can guarantee we won't come out of it any happier!! 

I'd probably advise his to stay in his underground lair in the Channel Isles for a while.

What he'll probably do is a short interview for Radio Bristol in which he manages to enrage supporters with a snide comment about Nige, reference to fans needing to be more patient and understanding and and confirmation that we'll be cutting our cloth and going again with our Premier League ready squad.

• Like 5
  • Flames 4

What if, and it’s possible, we lose at home to Rotherham? We’re playing Manningball, they’ve not won a single game away from home in the championship this season and are already relegated… Jamo, Williams and Kingy will likely have been told that they’re surplus to requirements for our promotion push next term… What could possibly go wrong?

Surely then SL would have to pipe up and be seen to be managing his business? 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I’d rather he didn’t tbh.

I’d like to hear from the board - JL and GM.  A proper update from Chairman and CEO.  If they want BT to hold their hands on the football stuff then fine, but it’s them we should be hearing from not SL, and not BT fronting up for them, like Nige had to.

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, FNQ said:

What if, and it’s possible, we lose at home to Rotherham? We’re playing Manningball, they’ve not won a single game away from home in the championship this season and are already relegated… Jamo, Williams and Kingy will likely have been told that they’re surplus to requirements for our promotion push next term… What could possibly go wrong?

It depends. You say Manningball but equally we could play with more of the intent shown against Leicester, Blackburn etc. If it’s also a game where we play Knight-Lebel, Meerholz etc then I’m less concerned about a loss.

If we lose to Rotherham I’m honestly not that bothered and don’t see that potential result as a reason for SL to pipe up. It depends, in the unlikely event of if we did lose, how we lost that game - both in respect of personnel and performance.

Put it this way - we’re not talking about “how did we only draw with Huddersfield” - we’re talking about “How we drew with Huddersfield”. Big difference.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Will be too late for renewals by then. My mind was made up at half time on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Steve and Jon have been at a number of games recently

16 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Will be too late for renewals by then. My mind was made up at half time on Saturday.

Sorry to be pedantic but you could renew the morning of the first home game and still renew in time

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sorry to be pedantic but you could renew the morning of the first home game and still renew in time

not if you want to stay in the South Stand.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Well if he was, perhaps he realises that a significant number of us are sick fed up with the backwards and sideways game plan that is so boring. And if that is the only method that Manning can coach into the squad, we all might as well go up the Downs on a Saturday afternoon for our weekly fix!

• Like 7

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't believe Steve is willing to back us financially in the Prem. Yes, he could afford to but he didn't back the ladies team enough to be competitive and the rugby finances were curtailed also.

It's why he is looking for investors or buyers for the club.

It's not just the on field expenses. If we were to go up we would need a whole new personnel infrastructure in place of people who know what they're doing. That would be a huge financial outlay in itself.

This is only my opinion of course and I hope I have it wrong, but Steve is far less prominent now than he used to be. I wonder why that is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Put it this way - we’re not talking about “how did we only draw with Huddersfield” - we’re talking about “How we drew with Huddersfield”. Big difference.

I’ll split the difference.. “how on earth did we manage to draw with Huddersfield”.

8 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I get the impression that doesn't give two shits anymore.

SL is 70, pretty much retired and has passed the baton down to JL. Neither SL or his lad know much about the beautiful  game, hence the promotion of BT who being a former professional does understand the complexities of the game.

As far as SL goes - I hope he really gets to enjoy his retirement. He’s a billionaire and that give him and Maggie the freedom to do whatever they want.  

• Like 2

The fact a newly promoted club who have £100-110m extra going into the coffers eg maybe more should be contemplating making a loss let alone a substantial one in the PL shows the model is beyond broken.

Would we have to make losses? See Brentford, Brighton albeit they made 3 losses but two were Covid years.

There could be something in it of course, SL not wanting to put more cash in post promotion but the wider model is well.

I digress, based on relatively recent Accounts of the £100-110m influx we would need to hold back some £20m maybe to make us cash based self reliant. Perhaps £15-20m.

What can he say?

I've lost interest in BCFC and left it to Crayon Boy to run (and he's more interested in being a fake playboy).

I'm more interested in the rugby now.

Anyone who disagrees with us shall be sacked irrespective of what the fans think.

We are not interested in fans, only interested in paying customers.

There is no transfer budget.

I've put as much money into the club as I am going to and won't put in a penny more.

I would like to get rid of the football club but can't find anybody to pay my extortionate asking price.

Unlikely he will tell us any of this, but which of the above are untrue?

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Believe Steve reads the forum from time to time (at least has hinted that way in the past). Therefore Steve if you see this please can you talk to the fans at the end of the season, we don’t want to hear from Tinnion, Manning, Jon, Marshall, we want to hear from you. 

Where you see the club going, the investment in the women’s team (or perceived lack of taking opportunity in PL), backing the squad with summer investment, the performance levels from this season considering the board expectations of top six (as mentioned when Pearson was sacked). We need to hear from the top as many are waiving on renewing season tickets. 

I’d certainly like to know if he’s going to be permenantly sat on that effing nest-egg.  

At least we’ll then know if the Championship is the upper end of his ambitions, then we can make our decisions accordingly.  I just don’t want to hear any more bullshit about Premier League, if he intends to continue to tighten the purse strings.

Just be honest and tell us where we stand ffs

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think SL may have been at the Blackburn game but I'm not certain.

He will have seen some decent intent if so as well as the obvious 5-0..but he cannot have failed to notice a half-empty ground too.

He was definitely at the Blackburn game. He was at Huddersfield too. He won't be at Rotherham so unless we are getting a pre recorded interview we won't be hearing from him at the end of this season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Not unless you want to pay more for the privilege, or have a seat in the South Stand, or want to guarantee your current seat. That's what renewing is. Yes you can buy a season ticket anytime but it's not renewing is it.

• Like 2