IGNORED

SL - interview please for end of season

3 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

I think the first season ticket deadline is about 10 days off , the same seat renewals and then a move your seat day, a LOT of people will leave it late for two reasons, one is yes wavering , although for some it has become a social thing as well , but also leave it to the latest moment to send them a warning shot , a lot I have spoken to say they will give them one last chance to get it right but numbers will still be down a bit , but agree it would be right to hear from one/ some of them to I guess say at least ok we did not get it totally right but let’s push on and we appreciate you etc , at some stage we all have to go forward or we are really ****** 

Exactly where I am. Unfortunately the person I meet has decided Steve, Jon and Sid can stick their warning shot. Wouldn't go if they gave him a free season ticket...........mixture of health reasons and the appalling way the club is ran by appalling characters (which doesn't entice him to put his health issues to one side).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Believe Steve reads the forum from time to time (at least has hinted that way in the past). Therefore Steve if you see this please can you talk to the fans at the end of the season, we don’t want to hear from Tinnion, Manning, Jon, Marshall, we want to hear from you. 

Where you see the club going, the investment in the women’s team (or perceived lack of taking opportunity in PL), backing the squad with summer investment, the performance levels from this season considering the board expectations of top six (as mentioned when Pearson was sacked). We need to hear from the top as many are waiving on renewing season tickets. 

He doesn't see the football going anywhere,  he's all for the egg shaped ball, I'd be very surprised if he showed his face, 

53 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I’d certainly like to know if he’s going to be permenantly sat on that effing nest-egg.  

At least we’ll then know if the Championship is the upper end of his ambitions, then we can make our decisions accordingly.  I just don’t want to hear any more bullshit about Premier League, if he intends to continue to tighten the purse strings.

Just be honest and tell us where we stand ffs

In fairness, I will only partially defend as there has been a prevailing uncertainty over the Regulatory framework for 2-3 Years now.

If the 70%, Rule that is finally proposed comes in..it will be a seismic shift for this League.

I get the impression there is an air of desperation elsewhere  gambling and yeah we needed to baxk NP but one extrapolation I've seen by Kieran Maguire which could be wrong is that the last 3 years average Trsnrer Profit would count towards Income..I think we have been too cautious personally and needed to baxk NP more readily 

We are currently aligned to both systems and again that could be overkill by us..

Turnover- £x

No more than 70% must go on Player Wages, Managerial wages, sackings leading to payoffs, Player Amortisation, Impairment, Agents Fees.

It may or may not include Transfer Profits as Income too.

As one of the higher non Parachute clubs income wise we should benefit.

The club and presumably all clubs are weighing these up.. however despite that we are still run terribly by in particular Jon Lansdown and Tinnion.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

38 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In fairness, I will only partially defend as there has been a prevailing uncertainty over the Regulatory framework for 2-3 Years now.

If the 70%, Rule that is finally proposed comes in..it will be a seismic shift for this League.

I get the impression there is an air of desperation elsewhere  gambling and yeah we needed to baxk NP but one extrapolation I've seen by Kieran Maguire which could be wrong is that the last 3 years average Trsnrer Profit would count towards Income..I think we have been too cautious personally and needed to baxk NP more readily 

We are currently aligned to both systems and again that could be overkill by us..

Turnover- £x

No more than 70% must go on Player Wages, Managerial wages, sackings leading to payoffs, Player Amortisation, Impairment, Agents Fees.

As one of the higher non Parachute clubs income wise we should benefit.

The club and presumably all clubs are weighing these up.. however despite that we are still run terribly by in particular Jon Lansdown and Tinnion.

You’ve clearly got a great handle of the finances of the club Pop and my feelings are more conjecture.  I just suspect that with SL’s financial background, he’s stuck strictly to the financial directives, while many other owners have bent the rules to breaking point, to try and get an advantage.

I certainly wouldn’t condemn SL for playing fair with the finances.  What bugs me is, we get our financial house in order, then without warning, he slams the wallet shut, just when we have some genuine financial leeway to be able to invest.

Awful timing and I just wish he’d level with us fans on his plans, as you really can’t read where the club are going atm and it certainly doesn’t feel like any investment is incoming, either from him, or externally

Add dumb and dumber into the mix, there doesn’t feel like much cause for optimism …… unless for some bellend named Cole not Gas of course 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don’t see how you can include amortisation and not transfer profit, that makes no sense.

The UEFA FFP suggested that transfer profit should only be included as it was received (like SCMP), but there was something in brackets like “or your usual way of accounting for it”!

Like SCMP, wages were for first team only (however they defined it) and manager / head-coach.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

His previous interviews haven't been that insightful to be honest. It'd be the usual babble.

'It's my club.'

Hearing from Steve Lansdown would not do anything for ST renewals.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Will be too late for renewals by then. My mind was made up at half time on Saturday.

Ok fair enough but a crap first half Saturday made up your mind instead of a good win against the league  leaders two weeks ago or a 5-0 win on Wednesday? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Ok fair enough but a crap first half Saturday made up your mind instead of a good win against the league  leaders two weeks ago or a 5-0 win on Wednesday? 

Indeed, it just proved to me one final time that Manning prefers to set up not to lose rather than play more expansive football to try and win.

In fact I've been hoping he would prove me wrong ever since the negative way he set up in his first game at QPR. 

Two decent wins aligned with one good performance in the past few weeks has not convinced me that next season won't be more of the same dreary boring football.

• Thanks 1

While the club is seriously up for sale I don't think we're going to get many interviews that go into much depth. They won't want to contradict (deliberately or accidentally) in public something that a prospective buyer might hear privately. Certainly don't expect to hear from Steve or Marshall. We might get Jon doing a pretty glossy puff-piece about how great it was to see the U18s lose to Man City in the semi-final.

Probably our best hope is to keep hearing from Tinnion and hoping he just accidentally tells us all how much the budget is, who we're bidding on, what the menu is for the end of season dinner, and what Steve eats for breakfast.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

While the club is seriously up for sale I don't think we're going to get many interviews that go into much depth. They won't want to contradict (deliberately or accidentally) in public something that a prospective buyer might hear privately. Certainly don't expect to hear from Steve or Marshall. We might get Jon doing a pretty glossy puff-piece about how great it was to see the U18s lose to Man City in the semi-final.

Probably our best hope is to keep hearing from Tinnion and hoping he just accidentally tells us all how much the budget is, who we're bidding on, what the menu is for the end of season dinner, and what Steve eats for breakfast.

Is it seriously up for sale though? The language used by Jon during the Pearson debacle suggested not to me. 

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Is it seriously up for sale though? The language used by Jon during the Pearson debacle suggested not to me. 

Absolutely is. I have a suspicion that Steve's presence at a few recent games isn't just about him wanting to see how Manning is getting on.

• Like 3

Absolutely is. I have a suspicion that Steve's presence at a few recent games isn't just about him wanting to see how Manning is getting on.

The thought did cross my mind, but in respect to an investor rather than a sale. 

Sure, that's an option too. My original statement would still apply.

Yea mate, sorry if I didn’t make it clear I was agreeing.  

I’m hoping it’s a full sale.  The right people with the right motivations could be the push this club needs, I look at Wrexham as an extreme example of that. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

28 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't want to comeover all @Robbored, but I don't see this on OS. Have they tweeted this out?

Nope. And if 12000 had renewed over one week prior to the renewal deadline in a cost of living crisis, uncertainty over the TV deal and a feeling of malaise around the club, Jon wouldn’t just be tweeting it, he’d be walking round Bristol with the equivalent of a “Golf Sale” sandwich board on.

So, Ipso facto, it’s bullshit with no source and no reason to believe correct.

Although, I do agree - nobody wants to see you come all over Robbored.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, Street red said:

Still pretty pants for the size of Bristol we should be hitting 20k season ticket holders at least. But I'm not sure where you got that figure from can't see it myself.

I think we'd start a waiting list before we got to 20k.

20k, plus needing to allow for a maximum away allocation of about 3,000, leaves only about 3,000 for POTD.

I reckon at around 18.5k we'd start taking about waiting lists, loyalty points etc.

Edited by ExiledAjax

21 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think we'd start a waiting list before we got to 20k.

20k, plus needing to allow for a maximum away allocation of about 3,000, leaves only about 3,000 for POTD.

I reckon at around 18.5k we'd start taking about waiting lists, loyalty points etc.

18.5k is a good number but we should be doing better than we have been but again that comes down to the owners and the entertainment on offer we have done well over the years to increase the total but the figure of 18.5k plus we really should striving for.

• Like 1

Just now, Street red said:

18.5k is a good number but we should be doing better than we have been but again that comes down to the owners and the entertainment on offer we have done well over the years to increase the total but the figure of 18.5k plus we really should striving for.

If there’s one thing I don’t think we can criticise SL for is growing the fan base. 18k season ticket holders won’t happen unless City are in the Prem. 

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't want to hear from him, but we should. He's still the club owner and ultimate decision-maker. 

I agree Kid. He's the Puppet Master. Anyone who thinks different is kidding themselves so let's hear the bullshit from the horses mouth 

• Like 4