IGNORED

SL - interview please for end of season

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I heard that a certain Mr Dyson is interested in either buying or heavily investing in Bristol City.

Probably just wild speculation and rumour tho……..:dunno:

i suppose he knows how to suck up so sounds ideal

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I heard that a certain Mr Dyson is interested in either buying or heavily investing in Bristol City.

Probably just wild speculation and rumour tho……..:dunno:

Does that mean Manning has to give the lads the Hand Drier treatment at half-time?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Couldn't agree more. The quality has varied from the dream results coming true in the First Division to a team of mid teenage boys at the bottom of Division Four. In 1982, I did something that Lansdown never has or never will do. I spent the £90 of cash in my savings bank account on shares to keep City in business. And so did around 2,000 others.

I have little respect now for SL as over 25 years he has spent peanuts on City, City Women and Bristol Rugby. When he completely clears his bank account as I did, I'll grant him some respect. He is taking the piss out of us supporters. Not funding the playing staff to give us a better chance of top quality football.

And employing a head coach who is trying to do the impossible; to play the same style and quality as the Man City's, Real Madrid's with Second and Third Division quality playing staff. They're doing their very best but the style of play that Manning is trying to produce is way beyond our players ability. So send Manning back to Man City where he can coach their thirteen year olds!

Yes my bruv worked as an apprentice carpet fitter maggs clifton gave his total wage at the time for shares hence mum had no house keepin money that week 😄only received one share certificate but you and him were part of keeping us alive .

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Very interesting points you make. What people are missing is that the bloke who has lobbed £200m into the club (we are all very grateful before someone loses it) is ALSO one of the best investors in the country. So no doubt the £200m he's put in (or £10m per year on average) will have been recouped just from his investment knowledge not to mention he will recoup probably half of the capital investment when he sells up. Like I said before, owning Bristol Sport is no more than an expensive hobby for him. £100-£150m net at worst over the best part of 25 years for a billionaire. He won't be destitute at the end of it all.

Think of all that tax he’s saved too!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Think of all that tax he’s saved too!

It's an uncomfortable truth that what he will have ended up losing annually, once he sells the club, as a percentage of his overall wealth will very likely be similar in many cases to the percentage of their wealth that most fans put into the club in the form of season tickets, merchandising and the like every season. Some of our fans on minimum wage will be putting in (not investing) a far greater percentage of their "wealth".

I don't know about tax breaks but I do know that owning a football club as a billionaire will lead you to meet people and open doors to pursue other interests in your life that are not necessarily quantifiable in simple money terms. I also know that Steve's money will be working very well for him so if he pumps £15m of his own dosh into the club this year he will almost certainly be spending money that is effectively "Investment gain".

It's not about being ungrateful, it's just recognising that a local billionaire has CHOSEN to do something with his money that HE WANTED TO DO, WASN'T FORCED TO DO and ultimately will cost him around the same, in proportion terms, as any hobby that people on this board pursue. The main difference is that in the pursuit of my hobby I'm not able to turn round and say "it's mine"................

As I've said before, if I had Steve's investment nous and was a billionaire, I would 100% be happy to buy the thing off him and waste a couple of hundred million doing something I would love doing.......I don't though. I'm sure quite a few on here would do the same.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

19 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It's an uncomfortable truth that what he will have ended up losing annually, once he sells the club, as a percentage of his overall wealth will very likely be similar in many cases to the percentage of their wealth that most fans put into the club in the form of season tickets, merchandising and the like every season. Some of our fans on minimum wage will be putting in (not investing) a far greater percentage of their "wealth".

I don't know about tax breaks but I do know that owning a football club as a billionaire will lead you to meet people and open doors to pursue other interests in your life that are not necessarily quantifiable in simple money terms. I also know that Steve's money will be working very well for him so if he pumps £15m of his own dosh into the club this year he will almost certainly be spending money that is effectively "Investment gain".

It's not about being ungrateful, it's just recognising that a local billionaire has CHOSEN to do something with his money that HE WANTED TO DO, WASN'T FORCED TO DO and ultimately will cost him around the same, in proportion terms, as any hobby that people on this board pursue. The main difference is that in the pursuit of my hobby I'm not able to turn round and say "it's mine"................

As I've said before, if I had Steve's investment nous and was a billionaire, I would 100% be happy to buy the thing off him and waste a couple of hundred million doing something I would love doing.......I don't though. I'm sure quite a few on here would do the same.

I'd be signing up any decent players Rovers produce (hopefully getting them to run down their contracts) or want to sign, and loaning them out to their close rivals.

You can rest assured that under my stewardship I'd just mess with the Gas, and the City team would go to rack and ruin.

Actually, hold that thought.  I could probably do more damage by taking them over directly.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'd be signing up any decent players Rovers produce (hopefully getting them to run down their contracts) or want to sign, and loaning them out to their close rivals.

You can rest assured that under my stewardship I'd just mess with the Gas, and the City team would go to rack and ruin.

Actually, hold that thought.  I could probably do more damage by taking them over directly.

you could buy them a whole new set of clubs in the bag and bankrupt them, or at least make it very very difficult for them to maintain league status. id love to see them in the vanarama again,that was just soooo funny, punching goalkeepers etc etc. lovely bunch deserve so much worse

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

you could buy them a whole new set of clubs in the bag and bankrupt them, or at least make it very very difficult for them to maintain league status. id love to see them in the vanarama again,that was just soooo funny, punching goalkeepers etc etc. lovely bunch deserve so much worse

Goalkeepers, horses, all fair game for the the Gas Shit Squad……..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I would do likewise. Often dreamt of winning a £million on the lottery and thinking I would give half of it to City to get some players to take us back where we should belong.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2024 at 12:04, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think SL may have been at the Blackburn game but I'm not certain.

He will have seen some decent intent if so as well as the obvious 5-0..but he cannot have failed to notice a half-empty ground too.

Honestly I’m not sure it bothers them. Remember it’s “their club” and they’ve now got a manager who they believe will deliver top 6. We’d have to get really behind a boycott for them to care IMO. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This may be as good as we get and he's not even talking about City.

I think the article reminds us of his character traits though, and the hubris of the man. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2024/04/17/bristol-bears-back-attacking-steve-landsdown-premiership/

Well, guess what Steve?

A lot of your football fans are bored ****less of football right now. 

S.U.A.F.O.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Redminster said:

Honestly I’m not sure it bothers them. Remember it’s “their club” and they’ve now got a manager who they believe will deliver top 6. We’d have to get really behind a boycott for them to care IMO. 

I think boycotting the club when we're in the top half of the Championship and financially stable would be an odd thing to do. 

I'm not saying the board are great, but we're not currently a total shitshow a la Reading or even Birmingham. 

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This may be as good as we get and he's not even talking about City.

I think the article reminds us of his character traits though, and the hubris of the man. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2024/04/17/bristol-bears-back-attacking-steve-landsdown-premiership/

Thanks for sharing. A cautionary tale for our Liam...