IGNORED

Nige on “No Tippy Tappy Football” podcast - send your questions!

exAtyeoMax

I doubt he’ll be legally allowed to say too much, but imagine the club will be shitting themselves a bit that he could potentially be telling the true story on such a huge podcast that’ll get very big traction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I doubt he’ll be legally allowed to say too much, but imagine the club will be shitting themselves a bit that he could potentially be telling the true story on such a huge podcast that’ll get very big traction. 

Sacked on 29 October 2023 right? So 6 months is 29 April 2024. Does this podcast come out after that date? 

6 months is a fairly common length of time in settlement agreements...it might be that he can say certain things from Monday onwards...?

PS (I may be guilty of stirring the pot a bit here)

PPS I thought I was quite up on the football podcasts but I'd never heard of this one. Is it big?

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sacked on 29 October 2023 right? So 6 months is 29 April 2024. Does this podcast come out after that date? 

6 months is a fairly common length of time in settlement agreements...it might be that he can say certain things from Monday onwards...?

PPS I thought I was quite up on the football podcasts but I'd never heard of this one. Is it big?

Maybe, honestly no idea. It’s big on the basis that Sam Allardyce hosts it, and it’s sponsored by Hills, so social clips/presence and listener numbers will be pretty big. Having a browse through old episodes, they are all big names. Imagine it goes into the top 15/20 consistently with every new episode they release. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

(I may be guilty of stirring the pot a bit here)

My guess is that the NDA may run until the end of his contract as a minimum. Working this logically, managers if sacked still get paid until their contract cessation in football so I’d imagine if Nige says anything before June 30th (assuming that’s when his contract ends) there may be repercussions.

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You may be right, but I think it depends on whether he wants to work at a club again.

Would you employ someone who'd slagged off his previous employers once it was legally possible?

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

My guess is that the NDA may run until the end of his contract as a minimum. Working this logically, managers if sacked still get paid until their contract cessation in football so I’d imagine if Nige says anything before June 30th (assuming that’s when his contract ends) there may be repercussions.

Is the other most logical gagging date yes.

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

Would you employ someone who'd slagged off his previous employers once it was legally possible?

In a sport where a player can go to prison, come out, and be re-employed, or where a man who stubbed a cigar out on an academy player can get a job, a little bit of truth telling hardly seems like career suicide.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I think there's a big difference between slagging off, and airing his side of the story.

Actually may make him more employable, if they understand the reasons of the departure.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

I think there's a big difference between slagging off, and airing his side of the story.

Actually may make him more employable, if they understand the reasons of the departure.

I’d imagine the reasons for his departure and the relative standing of all parties are well known within football.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Calculus said:

You may be right, but I think it depends on whether he wants to work at a club again.

it depends what happened! If the previous employers were A holes then it wouldn't be a problem

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d imagine the reasons for his departure and the relative standing of all parties are well known within football.

yes, it would be interesting to hear how JL, BT, and SL are viewed by the wider football community at managerial/board level.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Maybe, honestly no idea. It’s big on the basis that Sam Allardyce hosts it, and it’s sponsored by Hills, so social clips/presence and listener numbers will be pretty big. Having a browse through old episodes, they are all big names. Imagine it goes into the top 15/20 consistently with every new episode they release. 

Clue is in who hosts it....I am sure all the Nige groupies will love it whilst damning the club and all things bitchy like hair loss, snakes etc yet nothing to do with any common sense or football. 

You will love it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 10

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't think Nige would fire shots at SL even if he's entitled to.

I reckon he'll say things like, "We felt that we'd laid the foundations for success", "Year on year improvement", "Confident that we could have acheived given time", "Chairman/board saw it differently", "Fans and players believed in what we were doing", "Nothing surprises me in football these days."

I agree, but he comes across as a very thoughtful bloke and I have no doubt he'll be choosing his words very carefully to remain professional but also provide a few subtle nods along the way as well. He's not going to outright say anything rude or stupid of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes what he wants to known as well.

We'll see!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I agree, but he comes across as a very thoughtful bloke and I have no doubt he'll be choosing his words very carefully to remain professional but also provide a few subtle nods along the way as well. He's not going to outright say anything rude or stupid of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes what he wants to known as well.

We'll see!

One thing he said during his time with us that surprised me was alongside lines of: "At Watford, we knew what the owners are like so when the opportunity came we thought, yeah let's have some fun with it while it lasts." I suspect that will come up on the pod.

16 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Clue is in who hosts it....I am sure all the Nige groupies will love it whilst damning the club and all things bitchy like hair loss, snakes etc yet nothing to do with any common sense or football. 

You will love it .

A nige groupie? 🤣🤣🤣 I’m honoured!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Is Sam good at asking good questions? To my knowledge he's not a practised journalist, and I think the only time I've seen him asking questions is over a pint of wine...which went poorly for him.

I think I just want to know whether Pearson thought we had a squad capable of competing at the top of the division.

I'd also be interested to know whether he thinks there are any managers out there that play his style of football, but do it better than him.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Is Sam good at asking good questions? To my knowledge he's not a practised journalist, and I think the only time I've seen him asking questions is over a pint of wine...which went poorly for him.

I think I just want to know whether Pearson thought we had a squad capable of competing at the top of the division.

I'd also be interested to know whether he thinks there are any managers out there that play his style of football, but do it better than him.

Natalie Pike is a professional journo and broadcaster, she’ll be the one asking and driving all the questions & direction. Big Sam is just a name to help the publicity 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Do you have a big tattoo of Nige on your chest? "I'm just a fan Nigel, your biggest fan!"

Big time, in olde English.  And another one on my back about hair loss & snakes, which I’m not entirely sure of the relevance of but it’s there nonetheless 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't think Nige would fire shots at SL even if he's entitled to.

I reckon he'll say things like, "We felt that we'd laid the foundations for success", "Year on year improvement", "Confident that we could have acheived given time", "Chairman/board saw it differently", "Fans and players believed in what we were doing", "Nothing surprises me in football these days."

Yes. Mr Pearson is a gentleman and would gain nothing from slagging off the owners. He’ll likely say it as it is though

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

You will love it .

Are you okay?

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

You will love it .

A bit of respect for Mr Pearson, and our fans, please. Thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I would just like to hear that his back issues have improved & wish him well.

So the questions are ....

"How well are those back-stabbing pains healing?"

and

"do you remember how and when they first started?"

I'm no doctor. but I'd suggest he was suffering from a severe case of Tinnionitus

• Like 1
  • Haha 13
  • Flames 2