IGNORED

Nige on “No Tippy Tappy Football” podcast - send your questions!

exAtyeoMax

When all the truth comes out about Nigel Pearson's departure, the final story might not be quite the Disney film that some people are expecting, full of heroes and villains. Maybe, just maybe, Jon Lansdown is not a bumbling buffoon, perhaps Brian Tinnion is not actually an evil schemer and, possibly, Nigel isn't the ideal employee everyone would want to have working for them. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 3
  • Facepalm 8

52 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

When all the truth comes out about Nigel Pearson's departure, the final story might not be quite the Disney film that some people are expecting, full of heroes and villains. Maybe, just maybe, Jon Lansdown is not a bumbling buffoon, perhaps Brian Tinnion is not actually an evil schemer and, possibly, Nigel isn't the ideal employee everyone would want to have working for them. 

State what you know or **** off

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, RedZepperin said:

And maybe, just maybe, we will get to the Premier League under the Lansdowns. 

Neither scenario the remotest bit likely.

Edited by Superjack

sounds like Scooby Doo.

If it wasn't for those pesky kids…

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

sounds like Scooby Doo.

If it wasn't for those pesky kids…

Perhaps when he takes the mask off it won’t be the janitor, it will be a competent chairman..

Sorry, a bit too far fetched.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Stop talking in riddles, and explain what you mean. You are suggesting you know the truth, so why are you not saying what it is? So come on then. Put it out there and stand by what you say. Go for it.

I cannot wait to hear an explanation of why Jon Lansdown is not a bumbling crayola king buffoon.,Because that stretches well beyond anything to do with Pearson and has a lot of substantive evidence in the public domain. Sadly for you, with little to support your claim.. The floor is yours, we are all waiting for you. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 5

2 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

While I 1000% agree with the view that Nigel Pearson is not the saintly martyr he has been held up as, All the things you’ve said can be true at the same time.

apart from the tinnion thing. The pillorying of a club legend on here has been nothing short of disgusting 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

While I 1000% agree with the view that Nigel Pearson is not the saintly martyr he has been held up as, All the things you’ve said can be true at the same time.

apart from the tinnion thing. The pillorying of a club legend on here has been nothing short of disgusting 

'Legend' is a term far too easily used. 

Nonetheless, I have no particular problem with the term with reference to his playing days. I wouldn't use it myself in that context, but I can understand the exuberance that would lead to it. 

'Club Legend' is not only short of the mark, but is absolutely laughable given his history post playing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

He's made his bed, he's got form

Live by the sword and all that

Bloke has completely lost the legacy he once had and it's all his own fault

Edited by frenchred
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Couldn’t disagree more. It doesn’t give him carte blanche is do whatever he wants without criticism.  

• Like 3

NP did a Q and A at senior reds,two of the questions asked were,

1) When asked about corners being taken,what does,one left arm up,one right arm up,or two arms up,mean? ITS FOR THE FANS was the reply.

2)Asked about playing out from back and it not being popular with fans,he said neither was he,as players in the EFL are not clever enough.

Could you ask him if he has he changed his thoughts on his comments at Senior reds?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

10 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

If people want to, can they still be damning of all things bitchy like hair loss? 

• Admin
14 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

What are you waiting for?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

Nearer the truth then some might feel a tad uncomfortable with.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 3

17 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Agreed it's a huge irony that some label HIM the snake.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Only seen some snippets on Twitter but it was Nige and Warnock in the studio for the Leicester v Soton match tonight and it looks as though they were both on good form (I didn’t get to watch the match but I may need watch the recording just for that - and the 5-0 drubbing of course) 

33 minutes ago, eardun said:

Only seen some snippets on Twitter but it was Nige and Warnock in the studio for the Leicester v Soton match tonight and it looks as though they were both on good form (I didn’t get to watch the match but I may need watch the recording just for that - and the 5-0 drubbing of course) 

Two legends, love them both. 

12 minutes ago, Fuber said:

No matter any single persons opinion on the NP sacking and irrespective of whether we improve going forward and the decision being right or wrong - you cannot defend the manner in which he was sacked and the boards actions in the summer window (timing of the Scott sale, lack of reasonable replacement, etc) and later (lack thereof) communication with him.

There was no common sense or courtesy in the clubs actions at the time, nor was it a footballing decision - we've only just got back to one position off where we were when he was sacked.

Just like your chip-on-shoulder comment in the context of common sense, the club deserve said criticism - I'd be surprised if NP airs it however.

Has more class than JL or BT.

You seem to think we're being vindictive - there's a difference between the former and valid genuine criticism(s).

Why do you bother!

I'm sure Cotswoldred2 is a nice chap however the obsession with attacking Pearson, brushing over the reality of what happened and posting arguments on here is weird. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

On 22/04/2024 at 17:14, cotswoldred2 said:

Christ, are you at all serious?

We are 6 unbeaten and storming the league.😀 

Why would you or anyone want to go backwards?

Oh! yea it's OTIB.

Yet still not above where we were when he (himself, or those he put in place) were sacked or left just as we were coming out the other end of an injury crisis. At least keep things in context or at least how about addressing that point?
For this season, Manning has only just effectively recovered from his own hapless management (props for finally adjusting his 'process' eventually to be more direct and quicker) from being way too strict in adhering to his own philosphies with no flexibility. Perhaps understandable in view of his own inexperience as a manager with this being effectively, what, his third season as a manager with regards to number of games managed?

You cheapen what already nonexistent foundation for your argument when you merely belittle others when your apparent counter argument is to simply blame the forum at large as some sort of insult.

Ultimately, the jury will be out until next season and seeing how the squad shapes up over the window - we're under no pressure at the moment, momentum now means naught unless its carried through the summer. We still have to navigate what will be nothing fixtures against Stoke and Rotherham - I'd like to see one or two academy players be given an opportunity to start.

My one major concern so far under Manning is the sheer lack of academy throughput, which understandable early in his reign is now gone due to the same lack of pressure mentioned - i.e. was surprised to see Tanner at CB instead of Knight-Lebel for instance. The integration (and man-management) of academy players was one of the areas Nige undoubtedly got correct, would be a shame if thats pushed to the wayside the same way it was under LJ.

• Like 18
  • Flames 1

The pod will be an interesting listen regardless of the NP in or out split during October which was probably polling at 80% in. I expect Nige will paint a picture without actually breaking his NDA😂...an older head and all that. I thought warnock and pearson were good value on sky last night covering the Leicester game. 

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 3

It's arrived 

Only just started listening, but one thing that made me laugh.

When asked "are confidentiality clauses forever " Nine replies "ask me in 12 months time" :laughcont:

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It's arrived 

Only just started listening, but one thing that made me laugh.

When asked "are confidentiality clauses forever " Nine replies "ask me in 12 months time" :laughcont:

Really interesting points Allardyce makes about the confidentiality clause. Quite shocking that Pearson learned about the views and results on deconditioning via the interviews rather than anyone raising it before...

• Like 3