IGNORED

Nige on “No Tippy Tappy Football” podcast - send your questions!

exAtyeoMax

14 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

So the questions are ....

"How well are those back-stabbing pains healing?"

and

"do you remember how and when they first started?"

I'm no doctor. but I'd suggest he was suffering from a severe case of Tinnionitus

Not quite what I meant BJ but :clap:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Clue is in who hosts it....I am sure all the Nige groupies will love it whilst damning the club and all things bitchy like hair loss, snakes etc yet nothing to do with any common sense or football. 

You will love it .

Since when were the Cotswolds renowned for their Salt plains?

Lordy, you’ve got it bad!

• Like 9

Haven’t ever watched this podcast before but it’s just come up on my twitter. Their guest for this week will be Nige!

Pretty sure it’ll be his first interview since leaving in the autumn (correct me if i’m wrong).Will be very interesting to hear what he has to say! 

Edit: Didn’t see the other topic on this already my bad, mods please delete 👍

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

My guess is that the NDA may run until the end of his contract as a minimum. Working this logically, managers if sacked still get paid until their contract cessation in football so I’d imagine if Nige says anything before June 30th (assuming that’s when his contract ends) there may be repercussions.

It's nothing to do with a NDA, Nige will likely be under terms defined in his Compromise/Settlement agreement. 

Lansdown is too shred a man to allow any sacked employee to speak ill of him/BCFC etc over any period of time. As part of Nige's severance, in the agreement there would have been clauses to say that he is not able to speak negatively about BCFC and its employees, else they can seek damages and the return of any settlement figure given.

IMO, anyone expecting this to be a BCFC slagging match, is going to be highly disappointed. 

That is... unless Nige didn't agree to any sort of financial severance, nor sign any financial compensation package. If he didn't, then it could be guns loaded and ships ahoy....

Edited by kmpowell
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes, it would be interesting to hear how JL, BT, and SL are viewed by the wider football community at managerial/board level.

🤡🤡🤡

Edited by 42nite
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

It's nothing to do with a NDA, Nige will likely be under terms defined in his Compromise/Settlement agreement. 

Lansdown is too shred a man to allow any sacked employee to speak ill of him/BCFC etc over any period of time. As part of Nige's severance, in the agreement there would have been clauses to say that he is not able to speak negatively about BCFC and its employees, else they can seek damages and the return of any settlement figure given.

IMO, anyone expecting this to be a BCFC slagging match, is going to be highly disappointed. 

That is... unless Nige didn't agree to any sort of financial severance, nor sign any financial compensation package. If he didn't, then it could be guns loaded and ships ahoy....

To clarify, my point was that “technically” as he’s being paid his current contractual wage until it expires (as is normal for football managers when sacked unless they get another job at a higher or equal salary), he’s still bound by the terms of his prior contract, so my use of NDA was more around he’s being paid as if he’s an employee - so as you say, he can’t speak negatively about the club.

My gut is that in view of the time left on contract (c9 months) and Nige being in relatively poor health at the time (so unlikely to get a new job for a period), he’s likely to still be on the payroll as opposed to coming to any kind of severance in order to have the guaranteed income - and at the end of the contract, other than commercially sensitive information, all bets are off.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

To clarify, my point was that “technically” as he’s being paid his current contractual wage until it expires (as is normal for football managers when sacked unless they get another job at a higher or equal salary), he’s still bound by the terms of his prior contract, so my use of NDA was more around he’s being paid as if he’s an employee - so as you say, he can’t speak negatively about the club.

My gut is that in view of the time left on contract (c9 months) and Nige being in relatively poor health at the time (so unlikely to get a new job for a period), he’s likely to still be on the payroll as opposed to coming to any kind of severance in order to have the guaranteed income - and at the end of the contract, other than commercially sensitive information, all bets are off.

My understanding is Nige wasn't put on Gardening Leave until the end of his contract, he was sacked. So, in employment law, if you sack somebody then the terms of their original contract are null & void because there isn't an employment contract bind.

Any 'notice period' payment Nige currently has will highly likely be part of a brand new compromise/settlement agreement. A compromise/settlement agreement fully supersedes any original contract of employment. It is also likely that there will be other financial benefits in return for his 'silence', although it won't be explicitly stated in that way.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

My understanding is Nige wasn't put on Gardening Leave until the end of his contract, he was sacked. So, in employment law, if you sack somebody then the terms of their original contract are null & void because there isn't an employment contract bind.

Any 'notice period' payment Nige currently has will highly likely be part of a brand new compromise/settlement agreement. A compromise/settlement agreement fully supersedes any original contract of employment. It is also likely that there will be other financial benefits in return for his 'silence', although it won't be explicitly stated in that way.

Apparently he was offered a severence payment initially (post Leeds away) thought to be six months pay. But he turned it down knowing when sacked he'd get an extra month or twos pay on top of that. 

50 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

Totally agree.

He's been torn to shreds on here by many.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Are there any circumstances where you would consider coming back to manage us and what aspects would you want to change before that could happen?

Christ, are you at all serious?

We are 6 unbeaten and storming the league.😀 

Why would you or anyone want to go backwards?

Oh! yea it's OTIB.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 2

How much of a loss to City was it when Richard Gould left?

How do you reconcile that at both Bristol City and Leicester, you did all the hard work to reorganise the squads, etc, then saw someone else come in and take over to move it into the next phase?

Did you really fight a wolf?

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Oh! yea it's OTIB.

Can’t see them asking him either of those but you’re more than welcome to submit to the pod.

• Like 1

How do you turn the fans favorite boo boy Zac Vyner into a good footballer

How did you turn a bit part perpetual loanee like Cam Pring into a premier League target

How did you turn Antoine Semenyo into a premier league striker from an 80 page thread saying he wasn’t a championship striker as he couldn’t score goals. 

What did you do to ensure Alex Scott becomes a superstar

Did you ever tell Max OLeary to get a proper shave  

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Oh! yea it's OTIB.

**** sake. Didnt realise i had to vet my questions past you first for approval. Bell end.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 5

9 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Clue is in who hosts it....I am sure all the Nige groupies will love it whilst damning the club and all things bitchy like hair loss, snakes etc yet nothing to do with any common sense or football. 

You will love it .

You got a problem. Get help. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1