IGNORED

Nige on “No Tippy Tappy Football” podcast - send your questions!

exAtyeoMax

On the bit about us:

- Learnt afterwards that it was about results

- Heard in an “interview” afterwards that players were in danger of being deconditioned and the chairman should have talked to the technical director

- Didn’t know City would make “reasons” public

- Allardyce opined that City may have broken confidentiality clause and Nige could just respond and reply - Nige “Yeah but you don’t need to do that”

- Nige said he was concentrating on his health at present mentioning back and neurological problems but he was getting better. Said he was a football manager not a coach - but he could coach - and he’s not a head coach - “The fad appears to be at the moment get a young coach. Is football suffering with ageism”

- Doesn’t sound as if he’s retiring “Sure they’ll be another opportunity and when it comes I want to enjoy the challenge”

- “Success can be relative. It can be avoiding relegation and cutting a wage bill”

- Keeps an eye out on us. Enjoys living down here, beautiful area, bought some woodland. Thinks he had a good connection with a lot of the people. Some really good people here, keeps in touch with people at training ground

- Fanbase here are patient and knowledgeable - results weren’t always great but they could see past that. Complex job in reshaping the squad. It’s a good club in the sense of academy catchment area, academy tries to develop players. Circumstances in where had to reduce wage bill means fortunate that academy was producing - 

- Although didn’t end amicably the staff worked the best they could. Thinks Liam inherited “a very decent situation, let’s put it like that”

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Really interesting points Allardyce makes about the confidentiality clause. Quite shocking that Pearson learned about the views and results on deconditioning via the interviews rather than anyone raising it before...

Shocking but not surprising you could say 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazing that Pearson wasn’t told that he was sacked for results and he wasnt told about the fear the players were being de-conditioned.  Shows what slime balls we have running this club 

Also goes to show they also must have realised it was complete bollocks!

Thought us fans would suck it up...

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazing that Pearson wasn’t told that he was sacked for results and he wasnt told about the fear the players were being de-conditioned.  Shows what slime balls we have running this club 

It's amazing, yet not surprising.

I suppose a question i have is with Nige still getting over his health issues, would he even have been able to finish the season?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The line on the deconditioning piece that “The chairman should have talked to the technical director” was very revealing. Basically it sounds from that like Tinnion knew the training plan and raised no objections.

So, he’s either a snake and said something to Jon he didn’t say to Nige, or had no idea Jon was going to come out with that bullshit.

Either way….

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The line on the deconditioning piece that “The chairman should have talked to the technical director” was very revealing. Basically it sounds from that like Tinnion knew the training plan and raised no objections.

So, he’s either a snake and said something to Jon he didn’t say to Nige, or had no idea Jon was going to come out with that bullshit.

Either way….

We don't now need to worry about that because we have now gone 6 unbeaten so everything is now rosey in the garden. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This for me is what I'm really annoyed about. Forget about Liam and Nige for a second. 

We have the likes of Tony Wilkins and his followers saying how fantastic it is that we've done as well as last season and could maybe slightly improve upon that (ignoring the fact the gap to the play offs is wider)

Absolutely none of us expected us to do the same as last season. Each and every one of us expected progression. 

We all felt that the ship had been stabled and that we would push on this season. 

We have not pushed on. I'd argue we've slightly regressed. So why do we have an element of our fan base celebrating matching last season? 

This season we have under achieved with what we had available. 

We have under achieved in a number of games this season without a doubt. 

At the point that Scott had been sold, and it became clear that we weren't going to splurge any of the profits, I'm pretty sure that the consensus was that we'd be upper mid table, but not on a charge for the playoffs.

I do agree when Nige says Liam inherited a good situation, in that we have a young squad, full of potential, all with a great attitude, very hardworking and obedient. Manning doesn't have to cull or overhaul. That's a good footing. But it doesn't therefore mean that the expectation should be playoffs. I don't believe Nige would have got us in the playoffs, but you and I may differ on that?

I think this confirms that Nige was sacked for the reasons that we all thought: relationship with owner and NP's health. He rightly appears pissed off about it.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 7
  • Flames 3

17 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Well, shock horror...

Complete arseholes.

S.U.A.F.O.

Think there bloody luck Nigel's health comes first because I have a feeling he could of responded after they made there comments.

Confirms everything we've been saying. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

At the point that Scott had been sold, and it became clear that we weren't going to splurge any of the profits, I'm pretty sure that the consensus was that we'd be upper mid table, but not on a charge for the playoffs.

I do agree when Nige says Liam inherited a good situation, in that we have a young squad, full of potential, all with a great attitude, very hardworking and obedient. Manning doesn't have to cull or overhaul. That's a good footing. But it doesn't therefore mean that the expectation should be playoffs. I don't believe Nige would have got us in the playoffs, but you and I may differ on that?

I think this confirms that Nige was sacked for the reasons that we all thought: relationship with owner and NP's health. He rightly appears pissed off about it.

Our owner needs to ship out unfortunately thinks he's Mr billionaire big bollocks.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Heard in an “interview” afterwards that players were in danger of being deconditioned and the chairman should have talked to the technical director

And this is why I’ve always remained neutral on Tins re the sacking…mainly because I’d heard nothing about his involvement.  So I had no beef with Tins.

And I still don’t, although once sacked, Tins would’ve played a big role in choosing LM.  Again no issues with that per se…only the bits about whether it fitted the “front foot, high press…..” remit.  But I will argue (debate) with anyone who says Tins had nothing to do with LM’s appointment.  That’s kinda his role, innit?

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

Most “bosses” would support their “staff” through illness, wouldn’t they?

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

To his credit, I felt he seemed quite magnanimous. He was really positive about the club, the fans and a lot of the staff and I felt his view of his sacking came across a basically "it happens, it's shit but why rake up all the mud?". Like you, I don't honestly think Nigel would have got us that much higher in the table. I could argue we could have been 8th or 9th maybe but I honestly think 8 of the 11 teams above us have better squads than us and would always have been favourites to finish above us. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And this is why I’ve always remained neutral on Tins re the sacking…mainly because I’d heard nothing about his involvement.  So I had no beef with Tins.

There's plenty I'd criticise Tinnion for but I find it entirely plausible he was as surprised as everyone else by JL's deconditioning comment and then had to manage the fallout. 

• Like 5

Maybe there was an concern that deconditioning issue would be dismissed/excused/not listened to by the incumbent manager - or that they perhaps had deliberately caused them through poor management or maybe to make a point🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Most “bosses” would support their “staff” through illness, wouldn’t they?

If Pearson had wanted to push it, there's a massive question in terms of whether the club followed their obligations under the Equality Act, although that would depend if his back issue is something that'd last for 12 months or longer...

• Facepalm 1

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

To his credit, I felt he seemed quite magnanimous. He was really positive about the club, the fans and a lot of the staff and I felt his view of his sacking came across a basically "it happens, it's shit but why rake up all the mud?". Like you, I don't honestly think Nigel would have got us that much higher in the table. I could argue we could have been 8th or 9th maybe but I honestly think 8 of the 11 teams above us have better squads than us and would always have been favourites to finish above us. 

There's plenty I'd criticise Tinnion for but I find it entirely plausible he was as surprised as everyone else by JL's deconditioning comment and then had to manage the fallout. 

A strong reminder that this is of course a business and a relatively cut throat one at that. Nige is a big boy and knows that’s it’s not personal, even if the problem was based on personality 

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Fjmcity said:

Maybe there was an concern that deconditioning issue would be dismissed/excused/not listened to by the incumbent manager - or that they perhaps had deliberately caused them 🤷‍♂️ 

The decent thing would still be to explain the reasons on sacking. Or alternatively keep them private entirely. Not telling the manager and then revealing it in public is outright poor behaviour. And suggesting the manager caused it on purpose is frankly odd without evidence. 

• Like 11

57 minutes ago, petehinton said:

No shock one bit, we all knew it.

There’s not an ounce of class, real experience or professionalism between any of them, let’s be real. 

They dont give a shit.

Season card sales vindicate them.

******* scumbags.

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The decent thing would still be to explain the reasons on sacking. Or alternatively keep them private entirely. Not telling the manager and then revealing it in public is outright poor behaviour. And suggesting the manager caused it on purpose is frankly odd without evidence. 

I might be a little out of the loop - don’t think I’d seen this made public, certainly don’t recall this being discussed on here? Injury record was but not this directly. I could be wrong 

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

If Pearson had wanted to push it, there's a massive question in terms of whether the club followed their obligations under the Equality Act, although that would depend if his back issue is something that'd last for 12 months or longer...

Perhaps, but there are circumstances where you can dismiss someone due to ill health if you can justify it. It's a complex area of employment law though.

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I was trying to understand FJM’s insinuation, but I think you’ve worked it out.

Sounds like Jon just “made it up” to give him an excuse for Nige and Rennie.

And as for suggesting caused on purpose, I’ve read it all now.  My word!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1