IGNORED

Nige on “No Tippy Tappy Football” podcast - send your questions!

exAtyeoMax

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think he knew he couldn't carry on due to health issues. I recall in one of his last interviews he said he just needed a quick op and would be in and out of hospital in "48 hours". That was disingenuous, I believe, and he knew the situation was much more serious.

He spent a week in hospital having tests in Nov/Dec and we know that as of early Jan he still couldn't walk. 

For a fact, he would have had to take more time off from the job to get treated. Whatever anyone says, that is a less than ideal situation for the club, and frankly not good for Nige.

He won't see it this way, but ultimately the club may have done him a favour so that he could fully concentrate on getting better. 

Seems he's still not 100% fit so I've no idea how or why people think he'd have been able to see the full season out here.

Then the club should have been honest. It’s the lies that have pissed me off since he was sacked & was the clincher in me not renewing my season ticket. Always love the club but I detest Jon Lansdown & his old man’s attitude to us as fans (sorry customers) only qualification he has to run our club is being born with a silver spoon . He’s a bafoon 

• Like 5
  • Flames 9

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, Kid is referring to my meeting with Dave Rennie preseason.

Tins won’t be conversing with me, he’s decided to block me on Twitter this week, despite having had no twitter activity with him recently. Hey-ho!

Gavin Marshall: We need to communicate better and more openly with fans 

Brian Tinnion: Hold my beer.

• Haha 7

54 minutes ago, lenred said:

Any decent employer would’ve given him the time and space to get better if that is what was needed.   We had cover and could’ve got more if needed.   Let’s not pretend City have done him any favours whatsoever here.  

You make it sound like Anne in admin has got tendonitis and we need to find cover for a fortnight.

This is a somewhat different scenario, finding cover for a football manager? 

I am not saying the club have consciously or literally "done him a favour", however given the seriousness of his condition I'd say him being out of work (paid) and able to fully relax and recover is better for him long term than working at City under a couple of clowns. 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Then the club should have been honest. It’s the lies that have pissed me off since he was sacked & was the clincher in me not renewing my season ticket. Always love the club but I detest Jon Lansdown & his old man’s attitude to us as fans (sorry customers) only qualification he has to run our club is being born with a silver spoon . He’s a bafoon 

They definitely should have been more honest, however mentioning ill health as one of the reasons for dismissal is tricky for obvious reasons. He was clearly of the view that he could continue to carry out his duties as manager, the club disagreed. It happens. 

One thing is for sure, he wasn't working in the same way as he was pre-illness.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Considering we've just gone 6 unbeaten, it would suggest that we are heading in the right direction. There is an absurd amount of fart in this thread. It properly stinks of embarrassment, and trying to grasp at things to have a moan at, which is mental considering recent results and direction we're heading.  Tins, or whoever it was, has made the right decision at the time of writing, whether you like it or not. 

We can't do anything about the past, so why are we continually obsessing over it? We can't change it by repeating the same storyline over and over and over and over again.... 

I'm excited for next season. I'm excited in the direction we are heading, and I'm feeling positive about it. 

COYR'S 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 3
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Any decent employer would’ve given him the time and space to get better if that is what was needed.   We had cover and could’ve got more if needed.   Let’s not pretend City have done him any favours whatsoever here.  

There were posters on here calling for him to be sacked because of his health issues. It just shows that society has a very long way to go. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Considering we've just gone 6 unbeaten, it would suggest that we are heading in the right direction.

6 unbeaten. 

Also known as 3 draws, 2 wins by 1 goal, and one fantastic result.

Looking at the 6 games prior, 1 win (by 1 goal), 5 losses. 

Were we heading in the wrong direction then?

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Considering we've just gone 6 unbeaten, it would suggest that we are heading in the right direction. There is an absurd amount of fart in this thread. It properly stinks of embarrassment, and trying to grasp at things to have a moan at, which is mental considering recent results and direction we're heading.  Tins, or whoever it was, has made the right decision at the time of writing, whether you like it or not. 

We can't do anything about the past, so why are we continually obsessing over it? We can't change it by repeating the same storyline over and over and over and over again.... 

I'm excited for next season. I'm excited in the direction we are heading, and I'm feeling positive about it. 

COYR'S 

I think what you're getting at is known as recency bias.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Considering we've just gone 6 unbeaten, it would suggest that we are heading in the right direction. There is an absurd amount of fart in this thread. It properly stinks of embarrassment, and trying to grasp at things to have a moan at, which is mental considering recent results and direction we're heading.

Totally respect if you think this is a sign were heading in the right direction however to me at this point it's following the same pattern of LJ. Poor runs followed by good runs. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Selred said:

6 unbeaten. 

Also known as 3 draws, 2 wins by 1 goal, and one fantastic result.

Looking at the 6 games prior, 1 win (by 1 goal), 5 losses. 

Were we heading in the wrong direction then?

Positivity bro, you can do it. Come on!!! YOU REDS

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Totally respect if you think this is a sign were heading in the right direction however to me at this point it's following the same pattern of LJ. Poor runs followed by good runs. 

I think we've been heading in the right direction from the start, apart from a few blips where I could even defend it. The recent 6 unbeaten are just some green shoots. 

Lets go Seagull, you can do it! Give me a CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC. 

You reds! 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

6 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

COYR'S 

6 unbeaten.Fair enough.However the relationship between club and many supporters is terrible. Trust issues particularly are extremely low.Not everything is about results on the pitch. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

COYR'S 

You're not allowed to post anything positive. :nono:

• Facepalm 6

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

6 unbeaten.Fair enough.However the relationship between club and many supporters is terrible. Trust issues particularly are extremely low.Not everything is about results on the pitch. 

Thats okay, I get that. I just care about results. These things will all go in a puff of smoke if we have a strong start next season, just you wait. 

Just out of interest though, what would you like to know about that the club haven't told you? What would make it better? I'm not starting an argument, just interested. 

36 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Gavin Marshall: We need to communicate better and more openly with fans 

Brian Tinnion: Hold my beer , and we shall never speak of this again .

Fixed it for you :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

COYR'S 

When there is nothing to play for, we suddenly start getting the results. 

17 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Oh Mr Gumpus. 

I don't like to think so. I'm optimistic from what I'm seeing, but, you do you. 

If you love watching us only draw last min against 2nd bottom of the table, then fair play. Lemme know what you're taking, I'll take a few packs.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Selred said:

If you love watching us only draw last min against 2nd bottom of the table, then fair play. Lemme know what you're taking, I'll take a few packs.

If thats all you've taken over the past few weeks, then you're certainly a Debbie downer.  Thats okay though, you're good. 

I'd like to thinking  that we've pushed right to the end of the game to get the result. That the players are clearly playing for the club and manager to do that. I would also look at the game before where we won 5-0, or doesn't that count? Look, its far from perfect, but if you get so down about a draw and forget all the other results around it, then thats on you, nobody else. 

COYR's

31 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Considering we've just gone 6 unbeaten, it would suggest that we are heading in the right direction. 

COYR'S 

100% you’re the guy that buys the Onyego merch. 

• Haha 8
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

33 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Which has been what supporting us has been like under every manager in this division (bar one season under GJ) since the 70's, here's hoping next season is different!

1 minute ago, Graham76 said:

100% you’re the guy that buys the Onyego merch. 

Nah, its a load of rubbish. But I'm not the guy that will get my knickers in a twist about a t-shirt that literally had no bearing on my life. Its a t-shirt. Just don't buy it. 

7 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Look, its far from perfect, but if you get so down about a draw and forget all the other results around it, then thats on you, nobody else.

This is the irony. I also pointed out the poor 6 games prior to our unbeaten run.

Overall under Manning are we going in the right direction? Taking in his full period, no. Are we pretty static? Yes.

Just now, Tim Monaghan said:

Nah, its a load of rubbish.

Very negative there Tim!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

This is the irony. I also pointed out the poor 6 games prior to our unbeaten run.

Overall under Manning are we going in the right direction? Taking in his full period, no. Are we pretty static? Yes.

Very negative there Tim!

Yes we are (IMO)! You got me there, cheeky. 

COYR's