IGNORED

Nige on “No Tippy Tappy Football” podcast - send your questions!

exAtyeoMax

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

What the recent run and a number of performances has done is allow Liam to be judged with an open mind next season. Start well, he’s in a good place with the fans, start middling there’s still the niggles there but he’ll still get time, start badly and he’s right under the pump. Liams recent record has earned him that now in the eyes of most fans.

What have the hierarchy done to earn a change of mind from many fans who just don’t trust them? What have they improved? I don’t think fans will be as inclined to let them off the hook as easily as Manning tbh. However results are going.

35 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

you see it that way and so do I but i dont think some people give a hoot how the club is run or how people are treated so long as their team wins games .

as you know, ive had enough of the lansdowns poor decisions and lies to never go back until they are gone. 

some wont understand why i feel this way, i think you and many others do, the difference seems to be in the kind of person that you are.

im happy with where i am at and with everybody elses choices, it is after all, ones own choice.

Agree with you both. Football side yeah some time and an opportunity brought.

Hierarchy above.. wow lot to prove, that's being kind- perhaps damage already done and pretty damn hard to repair any time soon wirh some individuals.

Marshall said a certain amount without saying a huge amount in the Podcast although it was nice to hear from him and the two majorly problematic individuals seem majorly secure and not only secure but secure in their present positions unfortunately.

Another risk although I hope it isn't the case here is that in a lot of cases being run in a shoddy or a mediocre way will eventually feed into the on pitch stuff. Or at least constrain progress, not necessarily a tactical, technical ability or character of player issue, more poor governance.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Disagree about the decent atmospheres. The atmosphere has been really poor.  This is isn’t a LM thing, as it’s been crap for years now, but the sacking of Pearson didn’t help. 

Dunno what you want from a home game if you think the atmosphere was poor v Blackburn?

By modern Ashton Gate standards, that's as good as it gets. 

35 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Dunno what you want from a home game if you think the atmosphere was poor v Blackburn?

West Ham (h) was the best atmosphere I've experienced at AG since the Man U win in 2017. 

Proper old skool up in Dolman, what was block B. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Blackburn really? For a 5-0 win it was a bit subdued. Half hearted bounce around etc. I’m sat near the singing section too. 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

West Ham (h) was the best atmosphere I've experienced at AG since the Man U win in 2017. 

Proper old skool up in Dolman, what was block B. 

West Ham was a good atmosphere to be fair. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

What the recent run and a number of performances has done is allow Liam to be judged with an open mind next season. Start well, he’s in a good place with the fans, start middling there’s still the niggles there but he’ll still get time, start badly and he’s right under the pump. Liams recent record has earned him that now in the eyes of most fans.

What have the hierarchy done to earn a change of mind from many fans who just don’t trust them? What have they improved? I don’t think fans will be as inclined to let them off the hook as easily as Manning tbh. However results are going.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

I think this programme confirms pretty much what we all have surmised from the events in that Nige is a man of integrity and its shown that the influential powers that be who run OUR club suffer from a lack of it.

It had left an open wound for many (including me). He made reference to "classy" Leicester as a club which I also took as a slight on the way he was treated here. He obviously has to be careful with the confidentiality agreement in place.

To soften the blow a little I do think that the club were thinking about changing direction at the end of his contract anyway and his health issues and barbed comments probably hastened the exit. I also think his way of managing and leaving it up to the coaches to coach also just underlined to the hierarchy to just get a head coach and save money on him and his entourage. 

It will be interesting to interview him after the confidentiality agreement has finished as I'm pretty sure he will fill in the missing pieces when asked.

• Like 3

The reality is that most of us are left with a slightly tainted overall view of our club. With Pearson gone we are left with a void to fill and naturally Manning and the club's hierarchy become more of the focus for that void. The club won't say any more on the matter, presumably hoping that time and the team itself will draw attention away and heal the wound.

How do we overcome this? Well, the club have a focus, it may not be clearly explained but the recent transfer business was very cute and is a very positive pointer which we all have to use as a positive indicator.

They want success as we all do, its just the way they've gone about it that rankles.

Next season (as always) there has to be a significant improvement otherwise all of this season will have been for nothing.

1 hour ago, Swede said:

I think this programme confirms pretty much what we all have surmised from the events in that Nige is a man of integrity and its shown that the influential powers that be who run OUR club suffer from a lack of it.

It had left an open wound for many (including me). He made reference to "classy" Leicester as a club which I also took as a slight on the way he was treated here. He obviously has to be careful with the confidentiality agreement in place.

To soften the blow a little I do think that the club were thinking about changing direction at the end of his contract anyway and his health issues and barbed comments probably hastened the exit. I also think his way of managing and leaving it up to the coaches to coach also just underlined to the hierarchy to just get a head coach and save money on him and his entourage. 

It will be interesting to interview him after the confidentiality agreement has finished as I'm pretty sure he will fill in the missing pieces when asked.

How I see it...'The Club' are the fans. 

He had nothing but praise for us. Said we were understanding, and knowledgeable. 

Also keeps in contact with staff members at HPC and keeps an eye on our performances. 

He knows he was respected here and that the majority feel he was hard done by. 

Only the custodians showed no class. 

I can't remember a situation where a great many supporters ' the Club', rever an ex manager for his total class in the way he conducts himself, against the dross by comparison of our custodians. They say and try to come across as the ' Clean dignified classy family Club' but they are far from that imo. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3