IGNORED

Jon talks...

spudski

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He adjusted cos his job was on the line and he was told to adjust. 

He came in here with an attitude of his way was the best way (despite it being the opposite of the given brief) he carried on with it. Bored us all to death. 

As a football fan I have every right to speak about our style of play yet you somehow have an issue with a football fan talking about football. Says it all. 

He sacrificed our season for his way when it was plainly clear the squad was not suited to his way. I'm annoyed by that. I of course said from day 1 about his style and our style not matching so it's not with the benefit of hindsight. 

Stop lying mate. It's hard to debate with someone that lies. I'm always active. I'm active now after we won the other day so that's your theory blown out of the water. 

It's the trolling that's intolerable. Its boring. Its tedious. If you don't like my opinions, put me on ignore or scroll past. Very very simple. 

Yes it's absolutely true that I did not think he is the right fit for us and that we are more likely to regress than progress under him. I still hold those views today. Drop the crap about it having anything to do with anything else. It's simply based on that.

Are you OK Ross? You seem to have an issue with me calling out people that have used personal insults against me? 

Regress? 

We’ve factually progressed under LM? We are going to finish 3-6 points better off than last year. Is that the amount of progress most wanted or expected? Probably not, personally feel it was achievable and fair to say we should do an extra 5 points better off. But given the fact it’s his first season at this level, which he came in part way through, any progress on last season is positive imo. 

I don’t see any point arguing whether someone else should’ve been brought in because they weren’t. And that won’t change. There are some external factors that have marred the start of LMs campaign, JLs comments to the quite toxic environment he entered in november but I don’t see anything incorrect in saying we’ve had a relatively promising season under him. 

Have there been mistakes/faults? Obviously. But I also think LM has learnt from his mistakes and ended our season very well. 

Leeds (H): Completely dominated across the park, looked like children v men

Southampton/Leicester (H): 6 points and 2 very good performances, although admittedly we rode our luck/max turnt into Lev Yashin for the Leicester game. 

17th Feb-2nd March: Lost to 3 teams below us consecutively. 

10th March-Now: 13/15 points against teams below us, mostly in quite a comprehensive fashion. 

Now in the end I might look like a numpty for having faith in LM, or you might for stating he will regress us. Either could happen, I just don’t understand the need to say it again and again when we are on a positive trend and our performances are getting better. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, tin said:

From speaking to JL a few times in the past, I doubt that very much. Coincidentally, last weekend I was at a party speaking to a senior HL figure who also said how totally inept JL is. The sooner he and the rest of them go, the better IMO.

Completely agree and have heard exactly the same. Probably not a great surprise but have heard it nonetheless. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Regress? 

We’ve factually progressed under LM? We are going to finish 3-6 points better off than last year. Is that the amount of progress most wanted or expected? Probably not, personally feel it was achievable and fair to say we should do an extra 5 points better off. But given the fact it’s his first season at this level, which he came in part way through, any progress on last season is positive imo. 

I don’t see any point arguing whether someone else should’ve been brought in because they weren’t. And that won’t change. There are some external factors that have marred the start of LMs campaign, JLs comments to the quite toxic environment he entered in november but I don’t see anything incorrect in saying we’ve had a relatively promising season under him. 

Have there been mistakes/faults? Obviously. But I also think LM has learnt from his mistakes and ended our season very well. 

Leeds (H): Completely dominated across the park, looked like children v men

Southampton/Leicester (H): 6 points and 2 very good performances, although admittedly we rode our luck/max turnt into Lev Yashin for the Leicester game. 

17th Feb-2nd March: Lost to 3 teams below us consecutively. 

10th March-Now: 13/15 points against teams below us, mostly in quite a comprehensive fashion. 

Now in the end I might look like a numpty for having faith in LM, or you might for stating he will regress us. Either could happen, I just don’t understand the need to say it again and again when we are on a positive trend and our performances are getting better. 

I'm saying it again because there is a topic of conversation around it following Jon's interview in which he described the season as "broadly positive" 

54 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

At the very end he talks about - getting ourselves in the best position so we can push when the times right.

Does anybody know what that means?

It’s nonsense. 
As is most of what comes out of his mouth. 
If your were to write down his words and read them out verbatim, you’ll see it’s just a collection of words that mean nothing when placed in the order he says them. 
I find it really hard to fathom anything he says and his sentences never give any committed answer - it’s all just wafflly bollocks and means nothing. 
“in terms of this, in terms of that, that’s the process we’re looking for, the plan is this or that but I can’t tell you anything about how we actually achieve anything”. 
Waffly nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I’m seriously starting to question my own sanity now - I’ve listened to it twice and I didn’t hear anything about the board telling him to change or him not suiting the club etc!!

I actually heard quite the opposite!! 🤣🤣

You listened twice!! Nurse!! We’ve got another one. Quick….. 

To answer your question though I don’t think the board told Manning to rip it up. 
As Fevs alludes to on Page 4, I think the players “went rogue”. 
In fact, as far as I am aware, the players actually spoke to Manning about it and Manning agreed to switch back to the style that best suited the squad. 
That was the moment I said enough. I was backing him prior to that (this was around the time of the swans game). But once I heard that he’d wilted and threw his own principals in the bin due to player pressure, I didn’t want him in charge any more. That was my turning point.  If you feel you need to change something because it’s not working it should be because you yourself understand why and what you need to do to change. 
The fact he bowed to player pressure was enough to tell me he’s not a leader. 

And no surprise. Because the bloke speaking on the radio tonight isn’t any sort of leader either. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 7

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s nonsense. 
If your were to write down his words and read them out verbatim, you’ll see it’s just a collection of words that mean nothing when placed in the order he says them. 
I find it really hard to fathom anything he says and his sentences never give any committed answer - it’s all just wafflly bollocks and means nothing. 
“in terms of this, in terms of that, that’s the process we’re looking for, the plan is this or that but I can’t tell you anything about how we actually achieve anything”. 
Waffly nonsense. 

To answer your question though I don’t think the board told Manning to rip it up. 
In fact, as far as I am aware, the players actually spoke to Manning about it and Manning agreed to switch back to the style that best suited the squad. 
That was the moment I said enough. I was backing him prior to that (this was around the time of the swans game). But once I heard that he’d wilted and threw his own principals in the bin due to player pressure, I didn’t want him in charge any more. That was my turning point.  If you feel you need to change something because it’s not working it should be because you yourself understand why and what you need to do to change. 

And no surprise. Because the bloke speaking on the radio tonight isn’t any sort of leader either. 

Another one with inside knowledge. Come on, spill the beans. Who told you this? Must be one of the first time players. Who is it? Don't be shy. 

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s nonsense. 
Waffly nonsense. 

ive learned something decent tonight, if what you say is true, then there may still be a bit of leadership at bcfc, albeit run from the pitch instead of the offices.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm saying it again because there is a topic of conversation around it following Jon's interview in which he described the season as "broadly positive" 

Deluded.

These 'people' just don't live in the real world.

28 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I’m seriously starting to question my own sanity now - I’ve listened to it twice and I didn’t hear anything about the board telling him to change or him not suiting the club etc!!

It's a bit of 2+2 but Jon mentioned that everyone that comes into the club including the manager would have to adjust to our style which is front foot high pressing football. 

He mentioned how before the international break we played differently. So whilst it's correct that he didn't say "I told Liam to play differently" to me, he heavily insinuated that. When you add in the context that Liam did suddenly change our style then it all does add up. This change in style did coincide with SL making an appearance in the stands. Although I totally respect if you don't perceive his comments that way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s nonsense. 
Waffly nonsense. 

Thats rubbish. 

As far as I'M aware, the players actually told Manning that they loved the new system and agreed to stick with it as they could see what they were trying to achieve. However, the main talking point was the Tuna pasta bake that the chef made on the Wednesday before. Apparently, and don't ask me to reveal my source, it was the best pasta that they'd ever tasted and the main debate was whether mayo was used with a sprinkling of pepper. 

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 4

27 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Regress? 

We’ve factually progressed under LM?

If you’re going to present something as “fact” it would be nice if it were fact.
Before Manning we were 5 points off the play offs and we are now 10 off. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s nonsense. 
Waffly nonsense. 

Very fortunate that you’re “aware”. 

Depends how you frame it/view it doesn’t it…. Manning has been very open since joining that the team meetings, analysis sessions etc are very much a 2 way conversation and he wants engagement, opinions.

He’s also stated numerous times that he’s not so rigid that he’s not prepared to change, evolve, he’s always learning himself etc….that doesn’t need to mean ripping up principles. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Prepare to be surprised. We just need someone to leak that Rangers are preparing a £2.5M bid, that gets Celtic involved. Lower ranking EPL clubs then sh1t themselves and someone ends up bidding £5M, and get a bargain.

Wishful thinking Sleepy. However the SPL would be a perfect destination should Conway move on. He’d be up against decent defenders around 4 games a season, get to play in Europe - what’s not to like?

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's a bit of 2+2 but Jon mentioned that everyone that comes into the club including the manager would have to adjust to our style which is front foot high pressing football. 

He mentioned how before the international break we played differently. So whilst it's correct that he didn't say "I told Liam to play differently" to me, he heavily insinuated that. When you add in the context that Liam did suddenly change our style then it all does add up. This change in style did coincide with SL making an appearance in the stands. Although I totally respect if you don't perceive his comments that way. 

I'm done. So you had the audacity to call someone a liar and minutes later you're spouting 2+2 as fact, when you confidently said they were "told" 🤣

Jeez, this forum is nuts 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

If you’re going to present something as “fact” it would be nice if it were fact.
Before Manning we were 5 points off the play offs and we are now 10 off. 

So, let's say a coach gets fired after just two games into the season. At that point, the team was only one point away from the top spot. However, by the end of the season, they ended up in sixth place. Now, consider that in the past four seasons, this same team consistently finished in the 18th position. Would you still argue that this isn't progress, simply because they were once so close to the top? 

Is that actually your argument? 

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Mate, stick to speaking about pasta.

Better than lying, eh. 

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

It's frankly embarassing and smacks of amateurism that this man is a Chairman of a Championship Football club. Out of his depth and full of arrogance.

I detest him.

What's amateur about it? And what would you do different? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Another one with inside knowledge. Come on, spill the beans. Who told you this? Must be one of the first time players. Who is it? Don't be shy. 

If this is in fact correct, I'm guessing that it could have been James or King, the 2 most experienced players with the knowledge needed. 2 players linked to the previous manager & that's why imo I think they will both be leaving. In saying that I would love James to stay :thumbsup:.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kibs said:

It was us reading between the lines:

JL   "For me specifically...the way we've played since the international break, certainly pressed higher up the pitch and got on the front foot, and that's really important for us, I think you can see that in not just the results but in the enjoyment as well..."

Q. That style of play is important to the club as a whole...?

"...That's how the academy play and that's how we've been recruiting. Again that's something that anyone coming in, you can see from their records in management that they play that way or they're going to have to adjust..."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

So, let's say a coach gets fired after just two games into the season. At that point, the team was only one point away from the top spot. However, by the end of the season, they ended up in sixth place. Now, consider that in the past four seasons, this same team consistently finished in the 18th position. Would you still argue that this isn't progress, simply because they were once so close to the top? 

Is that actually your argument?

Manning replaced Pearson because so say Pearson wasn’t getting the best out of a “top 6 squad”.

Under Manning we have regressed by 5 points compared with where we were under Pearson, fact. 

Not sure what’s so difficult to comprehend. 

And don’t start me off with how he set us up against Swansea, the most boring pointless game of football I have ever seen. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

You seriously think Jon Lansdown is a credible Chairman of a £100 million turnover business?

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ah okay.

Yeah just not how I interpreted it. Mentioned adjustment, but I thought that was more adjustment to the level of opposition, adjusting to the capability of our squad etc

1 minute ago, Kibs said:

Ah okay.

Yeah just not how I interpreted it. Mentioned adjustment, but I thought that was more adjustment to the level of opposition, adjusting to the capability of our squad etc

You can see how I've highlighted it, that's how it jumped out at me when I heard it. It could absolutely be that he's waffling and giving the wrong impression. But it seems strange to make a point about a head coach having adjust his style, having just said that he liked the style since Easter.

10 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

You only have to listen to him. He has no personality, no leadership qualities and no bottle.

He is a quivering moron.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

You seriously think Jon Lansdown is a credible Chairman of a £100 million turnover business?

Hes doing alright so far. What’s he done wrong? As far as I can see, we’re a financially stable championship club with year on year league growth with a solid platform to kick on. I don’t see a reason to be negative. 

4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Ah okay.

It was. 

Just now, Lew-T said:

You only have to listen to him. He has no personality, no leadership qualities and no bottle.

He is a quivering moron.

Right. Okay. 👌 

Where do you get quivering from? If you’re talking about his medical condition that affects his throat, then that a bit out of order isn’t it. I’ve read a few comments about it now. 

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

It was us reading between the lines:

JL   "For me specifically...the way we've played since the international break, certainly pressed higher up the pitch and got on the front foot, and that's really important for us, I think you can see that in not just the results but in the enjoyment as well..."

Q. That style of play is important to the club as a whole...?

"...That's how the academy play and that's how we've been recruiting. Again that's something that anyone coming in, you can see from their records in management that they play that way or they're going to have to adjust..."

Okay understood, I actually thought we saw some of that pre-international break too - Forest, Boro, Ipswich, spells against WBA…..but those home matches in amongst that were dire. It has also coincided with some key players returning but I’m hoping he’s found a formula that can continue to develop, particularly against similar ability teams where we have struggled in the past.

4 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Hes doing alright so far. What’s he done wrong? As far as I can see, we’re a financially stable championship club with year on year league growth with a solid platform to kick on. I don’t see a reason to be negative. 

That’s actually quite funny and I’m very confident very few would agree.

What’s he done wrong?

How about, what’s he done right. 

Probably the most ridiculed Chairman by fans of his own club. Think there might be a reason for that.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Something I learned a long time ago about the very insular, egotistical and ‘self-preservation to protect your position at all costs’ world of football was this :

Never reveal your sources. 

Sorry Tim. Not happening. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1