IGNORED

General Election...

Coin-op

i am only saying that with regard to Mugaube and his regime, rather than a day to day scenario. (should have said it clearer, i apologise}

If the BNP were to (somehow) get into power and murder / force out non-white people, they are / would be seen as racist twunts, which they are.

Yet, Mugaube's regime is allowed to stand.... i aint an expert of Zimbabwean politics, but surely if the roles were reversed, it would be disaproved by the UN and that regime would be forced to concede power. No sign of that with Mugaube

I would like to hear Bucksred's view as i believe that he is Zimbabwean...

Ok, from this post i think you are trying to say that racism against whites, is not recognised, as readily as it is with other colours. If this is what you are saying, then i agree with you.

Ok, from this post i think you are trying to say that racism against whites, is not recognised, as readily as it is with other colours. If this is what you are saying, then i agree with you.

once again, i didn't real explain it that well, but i had a feeling it was enough for people to understand what i was trying to put across.

Yet, Mugaube's regime is allowed to stand.... i aint an expert of Zimbabwean politics, but surely if the roles were reversed, it would be disaproved by the UN and that regime would be forced to concede power. No sign of that with Mugaube

The European Union have banned Mugabe from travelling to any country within the EU. Although, strangely, that didn't stop him from attending the Pope's funeral in Rome. They said he was allowed in because the Vatican City is an independent state and not part of Italy, but surely his plane had to land on Italian soil and his motorcade had to travel on Italian roads?

The European Union have banned Mugabe from travelling to any country within the EU. Although, strangely, that didn't stop him from attending the Pope's funeral in Rome. They said he was allowed in because the Vatican City is an independent state and not part of Italy, but surely his plane had to land on Italian soil and his motorcade had to travel on Italian roads?

i expect they made an exception what with it being the funeral of a person of such important stance on the world scale. I see your point though. Didn't he shake hands and stand next to Prince Charles??

I know that last year Jack Straw shook his hand, then Straw claimed he couldn't see who he was shaking hands with. Pathetic excuse

i expect they made an exception what with it being the funeral of a person of such important stance on the world scale. I see your point though. Didn't he shake hands and stand next to Prince Charles??

I know that last year Jack Straw shook his hand, then Straw claimed he couldn't see who he was shaking hands with. Pathetic excuse

Yep, Jack Straw even said "nice to see you" I believe. Idiot.

I think you will find that most "normal, well adjusted" people are totally indifferent to fox hunting, its just that the anti hunt campaigners are very effective.

In my opinion, you are wrong. The majority of people in this country will be very glad to see the back of fox hunting. It's a tradition which belongs to another age.

In years to come, kids will learn about fox hunting in British schools in the same way that kids of my generation learned about rationing and the slave trade. In other words, it's something which used to exist in this country but, thankfully, doesn't exist any longer.

In my opinion, you are wrong. The majority of people in this country will be very glad to see the back of fox hunting. It's a tradition which belongs to another age.

In years to come, kids will learn about fox hunting in British schools in the same way that kids of my generation learned about rationing and the slave trade. In other words, it's something which used to exist in this country but, thankfully, doesn't exist any longer.

Yep Blood Sports are poo and I'm not a fan but I think your wrong most people don't care. When asked they may say nah i don't like it but they will promptly resume their lives without a care.

It's a cynical ban made by a cynical Government who in one hand premote and protect animal crualty and in the other Ban a sport attended by mainly tory supporters? Think about it? Labour are full of the brown stuff you pass when you need to drop your kids off...

• Admin

Its a shame the government weren't held to account for the needless slaughter of 8 million animals during their massive cock-up of the FMD crisis. They made such a balls up of dealing with it that the EU have withheld a large percentage of the compensation.

If you believe that fox hunting was banned on animal welfare grounds, you live in cloud cuckoo land. I also wouldn't be convinced that you've seen the end of it, as it is still legal to flush foxes with dogs, then shoot them, so as with many of this governments bills, its a whitewash to pacify the vocal minority.

I agree totally with what you said regarding that Mugaube twunt, however, Racism against white people does not exist (said it before and say it again).

As it happens till that barsteward Mugape decided he didnt like democracy anymore (As soon as people saw the level of corruption his lazy incompetant Commie R(ear)E(chelon)M(other)F( ****ers) ZANU PF leadership demonstrated on a huge scale) Zim, was like Britain, just about ZERO racism- no where else in the world bar Zim then, and Britain now do you find so little racism-exactly the fertile ground these extremists thrive in, by abusing the system, and they get their powerbase, by encouraging racism, against their people. The ONLY way to stop this in a working democracy, is by immigration and asylum control-legal immigrants are less the problem here, but its the asylum seekrs which are the biggest problem, all our pet extremists here have "Been given leave to Stay" despite a lot of them being wanted by the home countries-the tw @ts then infect the young and gullible to do the dirty work, while they sit and extract ther urine out of honest people, both native born, and us immigrants-No body wins.

Howard may not be right on some things, but he sure as hell is on Immigration, Law & Order, and Discipline in schools-all topics on which Labour due to its over pc nature is bloody hopeless on. strong action is needed on all three, or all our efforts on Health, Education, and the economy will be destroyed(and Bliar aint too hot there either)

As it happens till that barsteward Mugape decided he didnt like democracy anymore (As soon as people saw the level of corruption his lazy incompetant Commie R(ear)E(chelon)M(other)F( ****ers) ZANU PF leadership demonstrated on a huge scale) Zim, was like Britain, just about ZERO racism- no where else in the world bar Zim then, and Britain now do you find so little racism-exactly the fertile ground these extremists thrive in, by abusing the system, and they get their powerbase, by encouraging racism, against their people. The ONLY way to stop this in a working democracy, is by immigration and asylum control-legal immigrants are less the problem here, but its the asylum seekrs which are the biggest problem, all our pet extremists here have "Been given leave to Stay" despite a lot of them being wanted by the home countries-the tw @ts then infect the young and gullible to do the dirty work, while they sit and extract ther urine out of honest people, both native born, and us immigrants-No body wins.

Howard may not be right on some things, but he sure as hell is on Immigration, Law & Order, and Discipline in schools-all topics on which Labour due to its over pc nature is bloody hopeless on. strong action is needed on all three, or all our efforts on Health, Education, and the economy will be destroyed(and Bliar aint too hot there either)

Seems a shame to let this thread die. Can I just say that this is an absolutely mad posting - it equates the terror, torture and virtual genocide which is going on in Zimbabwe with a little bit of political correctness here in Britain.

For what it's worth, I agree with your points about Law and Order and discipline in schools.

But, you know what they say about elections..........."It's the economy, stupid". As long as the economy is fundamentally OK (which it is) then there will be no change of Government. Governments only fall when the people think that they can no longer manage the economy (as examples, see Ted Heath in 74, Jim Callaghan in 79 and John Major in 97).

I would like to hear Bucksred's view as i believe that he is Zimbabwean...

You are correct to say I'm from what is now Zimbabwe, although people of my colour are no longer regarded as Zimbabweans, we're all "colonialists"- which is inaccurate, Whites from Kenya are colonialists- white people from Rhodesia/Zimbabwe ALWAYS regarded the place as home. Sadly no longer.

As for Mugabe, he is a mission educated Catholic, who was an early member of the ZANC, whic split on tribal lines in the 50's/60's-he was then a member of ZANU, who was interned without trial in the then Rhodesia-while there he got another degree to go with the one already obtained prior to this, and was released (reluctsantly) under an amnesty forced on us, by Apartheid South Africa-he promptly went to Communist china, and attended the Nanking Academy, which is a Communist University if you like-he then went to Dar Es Salaam from where he plotted to remove the then Leader of ZANU, Ndabaningi Sithole, which after the coup in Portugal in 74, and the abandoining of Mozambique, and Angola, when he moved into Mozambique, with the connivance of his pal Samora Machel. During this period leading up to 1980, Mugabe ruthlessly removed any opposition, by any means, and his forces were consistantly the most brutal during the war-anyone who betrayed the "heros of the revolution" to the Rhodesian Security Forces, had their lips cut off, rape was routine, racial abuse of the minority black groups was rife, and they murdered a six month old white bby, by chucking it on to the roof of the burning farm, after the parents were forced to watch, they were hacked to death.

In 1980, despite repeated warnings to the British Govet, about Mugabe keeping 10,000 guerillas in the bush, rather then at the staging areas as agreed at Lancaster House, replaced by 10,000 "mujibas"- helpers/runners, and old folk. These 10,000 guerillas rampaged through the country areas, and you'll not be surprised to hear Mugabe won the election. At first large numbers of whites (Mainly the military men) fled, as it was made clear scores would be settled-then Mugabe apparantly saw the light and set his country forward on a democratic path.

However his, and his henchmen are notoriously corrupt, and by the mid 90's people of all races had had enough, and the Movement for Democratic Change was formed, and a lot of the whites, and almost all black businessmen, and professionals supported them. Mugabe as a true Red then embarked on this current path to hell. Firstly using genuine issues, the land for a start, long admitted by all sides, but not dealt with by mugabe-wonder why-his bandits have about half of the dispossed land now.

A few facts for you all:

1. Zimbabweans are now worse off now than they ever were under the old regime-poorer, 80% unemployment, ZERO political rights, mass starvation-none of this happened in the old regimes days-they are actually dressed worse now than they were in the early 60's.

2. About three and a half million Black Zimbos, and 95% of white Zimbos have left-all the professionals, businessmen, entrapaneurs, medics, teacher, honest police and military.

3. Life expectancy is 36 for men and 43 for women- much worse than in 1923 (when Rhodesia officially becom a self governing colony, as opposed to a huge private estate)

4. Contrary to what Mugabe apologists would have you beleive, his troops back then, and now have carried out numerous atrocities, on an official fashion, as opposed to the odd atrocity which always takes placce during wars-everyone knowsw about the 35 white people murdered during this violence, but at least 3,000 blacks have died, and thousands more have disappeared.

I was last there 6 months before the barsteward started stealin land, and everywhere I went people of all races were living together in harmony-I spent one day of me holiday on a dam, sitting getting kaylined with three black businessmen and their wives, four Zimbos, three people like meself, and one Brit-nowhere else even this great country, have I seen integration at work so well-this country is streets ahead of any other place too

But thanks to Mbekis South Africa, no-one will do a damn thing.

At all points in our history, South Africa has been a baleful force, always to the detriment of Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, and unfortunately Britain, has tended to be weak at the wrong times-critical times- Mugabe is worse than Sadam Hussein- be clear if his country could develop weapons of mass destruction, he would-thankfully the people with brains there to do it have fled, and maybe, just maybe you'll see benefits from these people living here-they are the hardest working, most disciplined black people on the whole continent, woth more than ALL South Africans put together-betrayed by the free world they all apired to belong to.

sorry bout that, had to get that of my chest.

Thought for you: After we declared UDI in 1965, during the debates in Parliament- the Liberal Party suggested bombing Salisbury (Harare)-this a country where 90% of the population have blood ties to Britain-worth thinking about during this election, specially as they are courting the Anti War Muslim vote heavily in areas like mine.

Cheers. sorrty bout the length.

You are correct to say I'm from what is now Zimbabwe, although people of my colour are no longer regarded as Zimbabweans, we're all "colonialists"- which is inaccurate, Whites from Kenya are colonialists- white people from Rhodesia/Zimbabwe ALWAYS regarded the place as home. Sadly no longer.

As for Mugabe, he is a mission educated Catholic, who was an early member of the ZANC, whic split on tribal lines in the 50's/60's-he was then a member of ZANU, who was interned without trial in the then Rhodesia-while there he got another degree to go with the one already obtained prior to this, and was released (reluctsantly) under an amnesty forced on us, by Apartheid South Africa-he promptly went to Communist china, and attended the Nanking Academy, which is a Communist University if you like-he then went to Dar Es Salaam from where he plotted to remove the then Leader of ZANU, Ndabaningi Sithole, which after the coup in Portugal in 74, and the abandoining of Mozambique, and Angola, when he moved into Mozambique, with the connivance of his pal Samora Machel. During this period leading up to 1980, Mugabe ruthlessly removed any opposition, by any means, and his forces were consistantly the most brutal during the war-anyone who betrayed the "heros of the revolution" to the Rhodesian Security Forces, had their lips cut off, rape was routine, racial abuse of the minority black groups was rife, and they murdered a six month old white bby, by chucking it on to the roof of the burning farm, after the parents were forced to watch, they were hacked to death.

In 1980, despite repeated warnings to the British Govet, about Mugabe keeping 10,000 guerillas in the bush, rather then at the staging areas as agreed at Lancaster House, replaced by 10,000 "mujibas"- helpers/runners, and old folk. These 10,000 guerillas rampaged through the country areas, and you'll not be surprised to hear Mugabe won the election. At first large numbers of whites (Mainly the military men) fled, as it was made clear scores would be settled-then Mugabe apparantly saw the light and set his country forward on a democratic path.

However his, and his henchmen are notoriously corrupt, and by the mid 90's people of all races had had enough, and the Movement for Democratic Change was formed, and a lot of the whites, and almost all black businessmen, and professionals supported them. Mugabe as a true Red then embarked on this current path to hell. Firstly using genuine issues, the land for a start, long admitted by all sides, but not dealt with by mugabe-wonder why-his bandits have about half of the dispossed land now.

A few facts for you all:

1. Zimbabweans are now worse off now than they ever were under the old regime-poorer, 80% unemployment, ZERO political rights, mass starvation-none of this happened in the old regimes days-they are actually dressed worse now than they were in the early 60's.

2. About three and a half million Black Zimbos, and 95% of white Zimbos have left-all the professionals, businessmen, entrapaneurs, medics, teacher, honest police and military.

3. Life expectancy is 36 for men and 43 for women- much worse than in 1923 (when Rhodesia officially becom a self governing colony, as opposed to a huge private estate)

4. Contrary to what Mugabe apologists would have you beleive, his troops back then, and now have carried out numerous atrocities, on an official fashion, as opposed to the odd atrocity which always takes placce during wars-everyone knowsw about the 35 white people murdered during this violence, but at least 3,000 blacks have died, and thousands more have disappeared.

I was last there 6 months before the barsteward started stealin land, and everywhere I went people of all races were living together in harmony-I spent one day of me holiday on a dam, sitting getting kaylined with three black businessmen and their wives, four Zimbos, three people like meself, and one Brit-nowhere else even this great country, have I seen integration at work so well-this country is streets ahead of any other place too

But thanks to Mbekis South Africa, no-one will do a damn thing.

At all points in our history, South Africa has been a baleful force, always to the detriment of Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, and unfortunately Britain, has tended to be weak at the wrong times-critical times- Mugabe is worse than Sadam Hussein- be clear if his country could develop weapons of mass destruction, he would-thankfully the people with brains there to do it have fled, and maybe, just maybe you'll see benefits from these people living here-they are the hardest working, most disciplined black people on the whole continent, woth more than ALL South Africans put together-betrayed by the free world they all apired to belong to.

sorry bout that, had to get that of my chest.

Thought for you: After we declared UDI in 1965, during the debates in Parliament- the Liberal Party suggested bombing Salisbury (Harare)-this a country where 90% of the population have blood ties to Britain-worth thinking about during this election, specially as they are courting the Anti War Muslim vote heavily in areas like mine.

Cheers. sorrty bout the length.

No need to apologise. Great post, thanks for taking the time to write it.

No need to apologise. Great post, thanks for taking the time to write it.

Because I'm unlikely to ever see the place of my birth ever again, it makes me appreciate where I live that little bit more-we all bitch about things, but in all truth weather aside biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif -its bloody grim,even after all these years!! pinch.gif this really aint a bad place to be. Bring too many alien ideas in too quickly, and this place could end up in some ways like Zimbabwe....people should think very carefully before they endorse anyone, be it political, racial, ethnic, cos if you make the wrong choice in so many ways, you'll lose everything that is good about this country.

• Admin
Because I'm unlikely to ever see the place of my birth ever again, it makes me appreciate where I live that little bit more-we all bitch about things, but in all truth weather aside biggrin.gif  rolleyes.gif -its bloody grim,even after all these years!! pinch.gif  this really aint a bad place to be. Bring too many alien ideas in too quickly, and this place could end up in some ways like Zimbabwe....people should think very carefully before they endorse anyone, be it political, racial, ethnic, cos if you make the wrong choice in so many ways, you'll lose everything that is good about this country.

Like some of my family, who now live in Australia, one of my relatives had a big ranch in Rhodesia, employing many local people ( who had in addition to their wages, living accomodation provided, a local community, a meat ration and health care), he also worked for the government, but when he saw the writing on the wall, he converted what he could of his assests into cash, diamonds, gold, art - in fact anything that could be smuggled from the country. This was because they were banned from taking any thing out of the country.

So a man who was virtually at retirement age, fled from the place he called home, with less than ¼ of his assests, which were to be his pension, completely losing his land & buildings. The people he employed now live livs that are far, far below the standard of living they had in his employ.

That is if you do vote!  I do not consider myself to be well informed in politics but as I am now officially registered to vote I wanted to hear some opinions on the subject. For who will you vote and why?

48 hours from now it will all be over. Let's hope that the country elects the best people for the job of running the country.

I wonder if the Tories will stick with Michael Howard after their catastrophic defeat?

care to state why?

I have one vote, and i agree with the Liberals policies.

Tories - god help us all - racists and howard makes my skin crawl.

Labour - Bunch of liars.

Simple as.

Yes on three issues:

Yes, your country would never be defended, by these people-hand over control of the armed forces to the EU, and pull them out of Iraq, by Xmas......dream on buddy.I wouldnt let French politicians run a bath, they are soooo untrustworthy, and as for foreign policy....Europe Yes, Lib Dumb version, absolutely NO WAY

No jail sentences for druggies.............ok, so whadda ya do with em?

Legalise all drugs, let the lunatics take over the aylum, fine.

Free Tution fees for students-who pays, especially if the top rate of tax goes up to 50%?? all the wealthy will leave Britain, if it happens-no wealth, no jobs, more dole, more tax, everybody gets poorer, except the scroungers. GREAT IDEA.........NOT!! Tried in the 70's and a failure then.

Local Income Tax, I'm personally paying a lot now, under the council Tax, and already know I'll be paying about 20% more from their figures already-and THATS before the nightmare of a Lib Dumb Goverment actually being formed, God help us........and the reality of their figures (like all three of em) being fantasy........see above.

Labour, Liars-and Kennedys shower aint????????? ALL politicians lie, the unsuccessful lie more than those in power........

Tories racist, where on earth do you get that from? Concern about immigration aint racist, cos if it is several Asians and blacks I know are "racist" then.

Even more Political correct lunacy with these guys.......

don't do it boys and girls, its not big or clever......

As a staunch English Republican the nearest party to my thoughts and beliefs has to be the UK independence party. Oliver Cromwell was an independent member of Parliament and immediate withdrawal from the EU will really f--k off the Royalist European Union loving traitors in the Gay Labour, Tory Scum and Liberal vermin parties. The Green party are also anti-EU but I wont vote for them as I hate sorting out my rubbish and am against more 'Green' tax on petrol.

YOU CAN STICK YOUR EUROPEAN UNION UP YOUR ARSE - SIDEWAYS !!!!!!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

As the Germans made National Socialism unfashionable in the 30's and 40's I had to go further to the right and vote Tory.

As the Germans made National Socialism unfashionable in the 30's and 40's I had to go further to the right and vote Tory.

Errrrr, but the Germans made National Socialism fashionable in the 30's and 40's. The turning point was when the National Socialist Germans were trounced at Stalingrad in the USSR in 1942/43 by the Communist Russians. Communism then became very fashionable almost right up to the present day.

Guest we8thegas

I'm not voting as they are all as bad as each other offering nice things to distract you from the fact you'll get screwed in the end.

Sod politics vote monster raving looneys costumed-smiley-034.gif

well, Labour have it, according to the bbc website, theit majority is know between 60 and 70. It was obvious Labour were going to win again, however, if that is the majority that they hold, then the next election could be interesting...

48 hours from now it will all be over. Let's hope that the country elects the best people for the job of running the country.

I wonder if the Tories will stick with Michael Howard after their catastrophic defeat?

Fancy sharing your views on this catastrophic defeat then?

I think we all knew in our hearts that labour would win but as the polls have shown their majority has been cut significantly. With a new torie leader in charge within 5 or 6 months, they will have 3 and a half years to get it right.

There may be a hell of a change in the conservative party coming along - i personally hope so, i voted torie this year but i can imagine if they get a younger more charismatic type leader in charge then they might just overturn labour next time. Who knows though eh??? dunno.gif

Anyway, look forward to this chat again in 4 years time rofl2br.gif

Fancy sharing your views on this catastrophic defeat then?

See ya, loser!

Howard To Stand Down As Tory Leader

Michael Howard has announced his decision to step down as Conservative leader.Now 63, he said he feels he will be too old to head the party at the next General Election.Mr Howard told supporters in newly-won Putney he intended to stand aside "sooner rather than later".

But he would wait until the party had decided whether to change the rules governing leadership contests.

Mr Howard said he had failed to win the election and it was in the interests of the country and the party for him to go.

See ya, loser!

Howard To Stand Down As Tory Leader

Michael Howard has announced his decision to step down as Conservative leader.Now 63, he said he feels he will be too old to head the party at the next General Election.Mr Howard told supporters in newly-won Putney he intended to stand aside "sooner rather than later".

But he would wait until the party had decided whether to change the rules governing leadership contests.

Mr Howard said he had failed to win the election and it was in the interests of the country and the party for him to go.

No offence but it was pretty obvious that if the tories lost then Mr. Howard would stand down.

It wasnt that big of a shock

Congratulations due to Tory B.liar and his 'politically correct' Labour Party for keeping the Tory vermin out of power for four more years chant6ez.gif

I like the low inflation, low interest rates and low unemployment we have under Labour. However, with all the overcrowding in cities such as Bristol more could be done by Labour to alleviate overcrowding in the cities via the confiscation of assets and property belonging to the Royals and their supporters. All lands held by the British Government imposter Queen and her children and their supporters should be confiscated and fairly distributed amongst the peoples of England as happened during the English Republican period 1642-1660. biggrin.gif

I'm no animal lover but I fully support the Labour party ban on fox hunting that denies Royalist vermin their enjoyment of this nasty bloodsport. The countryside should be flooded with Police on any potential hunt meet day and maximum force used to impose the ban. Confiscate horses, dogs and land if need be and imprison offenders - let the Toffs know what ordinary bods have had to put up with for years due to heavy handed Policing at football matches. dance.gif

Archived