IGNORED

London Under Attack?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed
There has been a controlled explosion of a suspicious package on a train at Swindon station.

I would have THOUGHT that this was only a piece of unattended luggage, but still it's worrying.

Temple Meads is going to be chaotic to say the least, with ALL trains being unable to enter London

We truly live in a global society. Washington DC transport systems and government department buildings have been put on hightened alert, although nothing is expected to happen here.

Having just woken up to be greeted with this terrible news after such a good day yesterday, the US TV Networks are as usual providing full and "extended" coverage.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all back home.

Guest BeNeRz
No it certainly can't. But thanks for being honest.

If it is a Terrorist attack then papers ect ect with call it uk 9/11

Not sure what i was bein honest about?

Guest MaloneFM

'Whats the dead count now?'

There are people reading this who are in London and can hear sirens. So lets just stick to getting a few panics sorted out first shall we?

This is sickening!

Have been watching it on news all morning, trying to contact mates working in London but cant through.

My thoughts are with all families affected.

Keep safe everyone

Mobile phone signals have been jammed, so thats why you cannot get through. But keep trying though mate, & I hope it's good news for you.

Guest MaloneFM

By the way for the morbid..statement by the London ambulance service gives no confirmed dead or injured numbers but expects their to be quite significant numbers.

BBC news 24

sky report from witnesses at the scene of the double decker bus

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1188285,00.html

one quote stands out.......

It can't be a power surge if buses are blowing up as well. There was a woman who had cracked ribs and another lady, half of her face was hanging off. I could've been blown up with a lot of others. There are people standing aimlessly in the street.

Grim......

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
'Whats the dead count now?'

There are people reading this who are in London and can hear sirens. So lets just stick to getting a few panics sorted out first shall we?

Malone

They are only saying that at least 20 people have died.

Guest MaloneFM

Paul Tavistock London ambulance service on Sky news said 'a number of casulaties and fatalities' but gave no numbers.

And your source is?

Guest BeNeRz
It can't be a power surge if buses are blowing up as well. There was a woman who had cracked ribs and another lady, half of her face was hanging off. I could've been blown up with a lot of others. There are people standing aimlessly in the street.

What a sick quote for some1 to make, how many buses were actully attacked?

Guest MaloneFM

I have heard anything between 2 and 50 dead but its just a rumour. No one knows yet. Nothing has been confirmed officially by the London ambulance service.

I'm not saying everyone is getting home tonight. Just believe the facts.

I am a London Red in an office, just round the corner from Tavistock Square. There is a lot of activity, sirens and helicopters flying overhead, but I can't see the site and we didn't hear the explosion. I employ 16 people and the first task is to make sure that they are all accounted for, many are on trains stuck on lines or in Buses that have come to a halt. They are all OK.

What you have to understand about London is that it is a big place both in size and population. Major events can take place around the corner and you are not aware of them until you read next days paper.

At present there is no public transport and all schools have been instructed to keep the kids in until some sense can be made of the system. Mobile phones were shut down to prevent them being used to detonate bombs as in Madrid. Main line phones were also overloaded with all the 'worry' calls. That has subsided. There is a air of concern and some anxiety but no panic. This is London, this is part of the territory of being in a capital city that the world focuses on. These are the reasons why we live and work in London because of its prominance and focus. Bombings won't change that.

A London Red

It is apparently a Terrorist atack but there aim was to cause chaos and not to try and kill people which they have done both there are many people injured a few have lost lives. Very sad moment.

Don't belive Sky News mate.. Rupert Murdoch has his own agenda... If it was terrorists then they were most likely 'allowed' to do it by our own government..

You think it's a conincidence that the G8 summit is on at the same time so that Georgy & Tony can drum up more support for their illegal oil grab in Iraq..

Watch how long it take Sky News and their cronies to start talking about ID Cards and a reduction of civil liberties to prevent this kind of tragedy in the future..

Our kids are going to grow up in a surveillance state because a few terrorist masterminds are capable of attacking buses or trains or nightclubs!

Forget social justice we're going to fight terror with terror! Ridiculous!

Very sad but also a total smokescreen...

They now expect the british public to scream 'Protect Us! and take away our freedoms!' Which no doubt they will.. It's all manipulation and that's the really sad part...

I work opposite the Home Office in Croydon. Everywhere is cordoned off but calm. Old Bill everywhere. Trains up the spout but it does make you proud to see our emergency services kick into action.

Niall

Guest MaloneFM
Don't belive Sky News mate..  Rupert Murdoch has his own agenda...  If it was terrorists then they were most likely 'allowed' to do it by our own government..

You think it's a conincidence that the G8 summit is on at the same time so that Georgy & Tony can drum up more support for their illegal oil grab in Iraq..

Watch how long it take Sky News and their cronies to start talking about ID Cards and a reduction of civil liberties to prevent this kind of tragedy in the future..

Our kids are going to grow up in a surveillance state because a few terrorist masterminds are capable of attacking buses or trains or nightclubs!

Forget social justice we're going to fight terror with terror!  Ridiculous!

Very sad but also a total smokescreen...

They now expect the british public to scream 'Protect Us! and take away our freedoms!'  Which no doubt they will..  It's all manipulation and that's the really sad part...

I'd really like to say that you should have a net thrown over you Ben...but..you are leaning against an open door here

Archived