IGNORED

London Under Attack?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Because they are morons who have twisted islam to fit their political views...  Which is exactly what I am asking people not to do when we are fed stuff from our media...

Al Qaeda are fed it from their Imam's etc. so I'm asking that we don't do the same thing...

And for this I get called a pr1k..

There are different views even within Islam on this. Unfortunately Islam has a cultural history of encouraging religiously motivated attacks like this, but there are many muslim clerics who think otherwise, and believe in peaceful methods of protest.

What I would like to see is more muslim imams taking leadership on the issue, making clear they have no truck with the murderous activities of a few and distancing themselves from thugs like Abu Hamza. this would go some way to assuring the British public that the unsavoury elements are not typical of Islam generally.

Just as an afterthoguht, does anyone actually know why al-qaeda exists?

It may surprise you to know that it was set up to overthrow the ruling monarchy in Saudi Arabia, which is considered "unislamic". They also didn't like Saddam Hussein too much either as he was a secularist, something lost on the likes of Bush and Cheney who thought the two were in league. Al-qaeda neither represent the middle east or muslims. the sooner they are disowned by the faith they claim to profess, the better.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Anyone know anything further on Temple Meads?

The rail timetable has died, and trying to phone is a waste of time

RESEARCH buddy, RESEARCH.. Problem, Reaction, Solution... Oldest trick in the book...

Yeh research fine, can you please point me in the direction of your research that leads you to belive our own goverment would deliberatly allow terrible events like this to happen?

Apologies again and I'll not say another word until it's on the non-footy forum in a few days..

Well thats convienient, I'm still waiting for your answer on this one.....

Anyone know anything further on Temple Meads?

The rail timetable has died, and trying to phone is a waste of time

Sorry WR not heard anything further. I work not far from TM and if I get chance I may pop over.

I work with several people who catch trains home to Cardiff, Nailsea, Weston S Mare etc... and they are wondering whats going on.

I doubt it's closed all day as it was designed to close for an hour whilst they check the station, thats what I heard anyway.

MM

Guest MaloneFM

All right boys and girls put the toys back in the pram now.

Lets not forget there are some poor sods reading this who are either stuck in London listening to sirens or watching you pillocks plotting who we should take it out on.

There will be some poor sods who will not make it into work tomorrow.

Or the next day.

Now stop pointing bloody fingers at each other and everyone else.

Every hairy assed arab (or otherwise) will claim this. Or want to. Some no doubt will want to make political capital out of it.

This pointless little exchange of views is going no where.

No behave yourselves until some facts appear.

You too Mustang you hot headed bugger!

The voice has spoken.

All right boys and girls put the toys back in the pram now.

Lets not forget there are some poor sods reading this who are either stuck in London listening to sirens or watching you pillocks plotting who we should take it out on.

There will be some poor sods who will not make it into work tomorrow.

Or the next day.

Now stop pointing bloody fingers at each other and everyone else.

Every hairy assed arab (or otherwise) will claim this. Or want to. Some no doubt will want to make political capital out of it.

This pointless little exchange of views is going no where.

No behave yourselves until some facts appear.

You too Mustang you hot headed bugger!

The voice has spoken.

The boss is rarely wrong! notworthy.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
ATTACKS KILL 45, REPORTS

At least 45 people are reported to have been killed and 1,000 injured in a series of co-ordinated terror attacks on London.

Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the figures, which could rise, were from a reliable source.

He also reported that it is understood that seven were killed in the bus blast in Tavistock Square.

A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organisation al Qaeda in Europe" said it carried out the attacks as revenge for British "military massacres" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

London hospitals have reported a total of 300 wounded after a series of blasts hit locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at at least two sites.

Scotland Yard has denied reports they were warned of an attack by Israel minutes before the blasts.

Two people have been confirmed dead and at least 90 people injured in the explosion at Aldgate Station.

Guest MaloneFM

And Martin Blunt's source was?

My source is the London Ambulance service and they are not giving casualty figures yet. They just say they will be numerous.

I'm sure it is a terrorist attack but ask yourself why they are attacking us and don't forget that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter...

All in the name of God. Or at least one persons version of God.

I understand your sentiments, and enough has been said about Iraq and the misplaced action there. There are despots all over the globe that do what they want , kill who they want and how they want. It depends if one thinks we have an obligation or right to assist suffering outside of our own country. Or we shut ourselves in and let the world sort itself out. But that tends to lead to world wars.

There are no easy answers, and how we deal with the significant religous and racial issues in the aftermath is anyones guess. We live in a sophisticated modern society, with an inherent unsophisticated mistrust of other races and religions. (speaking globally)

Well thats convienient, I'm still waiting for your answer on this one.....

Just to clarify the repsonce from Bensolo in a PM, he would this info shared with the rest of the forum....

Try and download a couple of documentaries from www.torrentspy.com to get started...  9/11 Marial Law is a good one (although the guys a bit of a nutter!)...  Outfoxed is another or the The Oil Factor to see what's really happening with Iraq & Afghanistan...

You've just got to ask yourself who really benifits from this 'War on Terror'...  It's not the terrorists, it's not us, so who?

Id like to add that in the name of Malone can we please stop the debating, he gets ever so flustered if doesnt get his head down for an hour in the afternoon....and you lot don't have to put up wih it farmer.gif

45 fatalities now, not including those injured which must number hundreds. How tragic. I take it that's a latest estimate as well?

Presumably the final count will be even higher.

The only positive to come out of this is the way the emergency services have worked. They have been excellent under a great deal of pressure.

The amount of seriously injured is high and many more may have died if the emergency services would not have been as efficient as they were

spot on. we take these people for granted, but when something terrible like this happens we see their real value.

Sky News

"At least 45 people are reported to have been killed and 1,000 injured in a series of terror attacks on London.

Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the figures, which could rise, were from a reliable, but unofficial source.

He also reported that it is understood that seven were killed in the bus blast in Tavistock Square."

I really hope that this does not sir up any racial hatred in the Uk.

I used to live around the corner from Aldgate tube station and can honestly say that there is enough racial tension in this area already. I hope people don't seek out scapegoats and instead unite, the people of all communities need to come together in the wake of what is a catastrophic atrocity in our Capital city.

I was in the same street when the nail bomb went off in Soho a few years back and can honestly say that to witness something of that nature is a harrowing, seeing people with bits of there face missing and struggling to cling on to life is awful, the worst feeling is one of thank god it wasn't me, that is the hardest thing to deal with. In a case of this magnitude I would imagine the deveststion would be ten fold to what I was witness to, my thoughts go out to all those involved and to there friends and relatives.

I just hope that the people still trapped are reached in time.

Who really gives a toss if Lita leaves now, it's just not important on the scale of things.

Guest MaloneFM

I used to live around the corner from Aldgate tube station and can honestly say that there is enough racial tension in this area already. I hope people don't seek out scapegoats and instead unite, the people of all communities need to come together in the wake of what is a catastrophic atrocity in our Capital city.

I was in the same street when the nail bomb went off in Soho a few years back and can honestly say that to witness something of that nature is a harrowing, seeing people with bits of there face missing and struggling to cling on to life is awful, the worst feeling is one of thank god it wasn't me, that is the hardest thing to deal with. In a case of this magnitude I would imagine the deveststion would be ten fold to what I was witness to, my thoughts go out to all those involved and to there friends and relatives.

Who really gives a toss if Lita leaves now, it's just not important on the scale of things.

Ladies and gentlemen a round of appaluse for the Executed Wolf if you please... chant6ez.gif

More than 33 Fatalities definately confirmed according to BBC news.  sad.gif

that is excluding the number of fatalities with the bus blast which has not been disclosed

no more people trapped which is encouraging, but there was no intelligence on this attack which is less than encouraging

Agree with you entirely. Top post. As you say, it does enable you to put insignificant things into some sort of perspective. I can't imagine how horrific it must be for those people directly affected by it - I'm sure even now the Soho experience is something that continues to have an impact on your life.

I am very optimistic that, at least among people who understand, communities will unite because that's what grief does. I really hope that it doesn't increase racial tension (and it shouldn't) because people of all races and religions will have equally been affected and horrified by today's sad events.

Archived