IGNORED

London Under Attack?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Hope your ok mate and hope your friends and family are all well keep safe.

someone just told me a building has come down in Euston?

haven't seen anything on news though.

There is apparently a train crash i will try and get information on where abouts though.

Thanks for that; when they announced it on the local news at 9am they made it sound like a mere power failure on the Underground. I never dreamed it would turn into something like this. Absolute chaos at the moment.

On the Football Forum i am trying to find out! Apparently 20 dead so far.

BBC News are sticking with 2 dead and many others seriously injured. I dunno about the others. Keep all the info coming though, whatever information that anyone gets, its all important.

Thanks for that; when they announced it on the local news at 9am they made it sound like a mere power failure on the Underground. I never dreamed it would turn into something like this. Absolute chaos at the moment.

Well i hope you stay safe mate,What you upto at the minute ?

Well i hope you stay safe mate,What you upto at the minute ?

Should be in work but I've had a call from them telling me to stay at home so that's what I'm doing. I can't see that I will be able to get to the office today as it is closer to central London than I am.

BBC News are sticking with 2 dead and many others seriously injured. I dunno about the others. Keep all the info coming though, whatever information that anyone gets, its all important.

Agree with that - but can we keep it to reliable sources. I imagine we all know somebody in London and before you know it there can be all sorts of rumours.

Sky stil reporting 2 confirmed dead.

Guest Grange SE19

All major roads in Croydon are now being closed - emergency services activity even this far out.. All the mobile networks are down so unable to get hold of friends in central London to check if they are safe..

These are very worrying times.

Guest MaloneFM

Ladies and gentlemen gather round please.

There have been six explosions in London. There have been fatalities. There have also been rumours and half truths.

Now then.

If you are in London or thinking of going to London there really is no need to panic. These things have a habit of catching peoples imagination and before you know it what is rumour if reported as fact.

The number of people that use London transport everyday runs into the millions.

The chances of anyone being caught in this also runs into the millions. It has happened and the authorities are aware of it so the chances of it happenening in the very near future are remote.

There is also no need to race off and blame a group or organisation until the facts are known. Already I have seen the IRA and various other groups mentioned. This again is looking for a culprit. And retribution just feeds panic and fear. On some occasions it also breeds more violence

Lets all just get home safely. Keep an eye on any OFFICIAL announcements by the transport authorities or the emergency services. Not what somebody was supposed to have said on a radio phone in

Its all happened. Its finished.

Don't let it get to you.

Uncle Rogers order. wink.gif

Trying myself to get hold of some friends who commute in to London, including bruv - I would suspect networks are over-whelmed.

Clearly shocking - but trying to bear in mind that several million use the public transport in London every day.

edit - just seen advise from uncle Roger - the voice of reason!

Guest BeNeRz

Yea its a complete mess down there, Tony Blair and the other world leaders think its terrorist attacks, and Tony Blair actully confirmed that he thought it was to do with terrorism, the buses complete ripped apart and the underground has been shut down..

My heart goes out to the people who died in the blast and the family's

Stay Safe

Ben

Guest MaloneFM

Also please try to bear in mind until an official statement is released by the emergency services later on 'experts' on news programmes will blame every man and his dog.

When the words 'believed' 'suspected' 'could' and the expression 'to be the work of' is used in a news story ignore it. Try to water down any eye witness accounts on mobiles until an official announcement is made.

According to the informative and entertaining GWR ( doh.gif ) the WHOLE of London is in chaos and there are bodies piled up in Oxford street.

Well done chaps!

Very very scary.....

Not enjoying this one little bit.

There are people everywhere in London - not knowing where to go - everything is shut down.

Those that are in work have been told to stay in work - and thats where I am.

Cant get through to friends who work in the area, I just feel sick.

Guest BeNeRz

It does make you feel sick don't it,

Y have people gotta be so sick in carryin out these things?

there just (I tried to say a naughty word)ed up in my opinion!

Guest BeNeRz

Yea I'm watchin it on the news, its kind of scary what technology can e used to set bombs off ect ect

But they also think a suicide bomber was on the underground after they found extracts on one of the dead people.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA

Kiss Fm are keeping everyone up to date, They have just said that there are reports that the bus explosion was a suicide bomber !! Please everyone stay out of LONDON it has turned into a massive car park.

There are still people trapped @ Kings Cross

Tony Blair leaving G8 to come back to London.

I've just watched this on the news. I feel sickened, appalled and disgusted. And my heart goes out the the innocent people who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Presumably it's been timed to coincide with the G8 summit and with the fact that attention has been diverted to events in Edinburgh. All the same, I can't quite understand the mentality of people who do this kind of thing.

I know everybody's going to want to point the finger, especially with Bush and other paranoid individuals a few miles up the road. What cocnerns me more is the people caught up in all this, whose lives have been seriously affected.

A sobering thought is I was going to go to London for a meeting today and fortunately postponed it until next week. It does make you think.

Guest MaloneFM
What cocnerns me more is the people caught up in all this, whose lives have been seriously affected.

And these are the people you should be thinking of now. This is not the time to point fingers or believe rumours.

Guest BeNeRz

Yea the police and abulance crews have been amazing, just hope that the serious people who got taken into hospital are ok and recover fully!

It has been alright - the sad thing is the emergency services have been ready and sadly waiting for this kind of thing.

This is what I get for living in London - I knew the risks...

Its an attack designed to make an impact not kill people - which in a way makes it better, but in no way good.

All I can hear is sirens flying past and wondering whats happend.

I'm positive everything has happend - my email is working, no work is getting done, so i better log off, grab a sarnie and start thinking about the walk home!!

Archived