IGNORED

Police Confirm

Donnie Darko

This has to stop. Players should not be allowed to go to nightclubs, pubs yes with a curfew, they do deserve a life, but no way should they be allowed to go clubbing as this is clearly where the trouble happens.

These players are a disgrace and have let down the club, the fans and themselves.

I read the official statement and I am very angry this has happened AGAIN...so much so the club can't even be bothered to cover it up.

Johnson has his work cut out on this one.

MM

Guest ashtonyate

This has to stop. Players should not be allowed to go to nightclubs, pubs yes with a curfew, they do deserve a life, but no way should they be allowed to go clubbing as this is clearly where the trouble happens.

These players are a disgrace and have let down the club, the fans and themselves.

I read the official statement and I am very angry this has happened AGAIN...so much so the club can't even be bothered to cover it up.

Johnson has his work cut out on this one.

MM

Come on these lads are just the same as most young men they have a few drinks and let there hair down,some times it gets out of control but you can see that most week ends around the centre. football players are no different just because they kick a ball around for a job.There is a load of sanctimonious

twaddle being talk on here.

Come on these lads are just the same as most young men they have a few drinks and let there hair down,some times it gets out of control but you can see that most week ends around the centre. football players are no different just because they kick a ball around for a job.There is a load of sanctimonious

They get paid silly amounts of money and have big responsibilities. They should be allowed to go out to clubs but not to be in incidents. 'Sometimes it gets out of control?' How? Only if they let it. If they were attacked then fair enough but it doesn't sound like it. The only people that get into fights are those willing to participate of those who get beaten up.

Good to see it wasn't anyone who had come through the academy!

Disagree professional footballers are different because we pay to see them play at their optimum & going out & getting bladdered ain't the kind of preparation we want to see or hear from our players.

Guest ashtonyate

They get paid silly amounts of money and have big responsibilities. They should be allowed to go out to clubs but not to be in incidents. 'Sometimes it gets out of control?' How? Only if they let it. If they were attacked then fair enough but it doesn't sound like it. The only people that get into fights are those willing to participate of those who get beaten up.

Yes they do earn a lot of money and as long as they do the business on Saturday thats ok I don't know what they have done I suppose it was fighting?.Even football players must let their hair down now and then, they are young men not monks?.Also it was mid-week with no game until Saturday so why should they not go out on the p---

I take your point and most would agree if we were top of the league and flying,

then not much of a fuss would be created about it as they would be doing their

job right.

The fact is we are 3rd from bottom and not playing great,

people will have a pop more than usual as this is clearly affecting

their ability to do their job right and the team's form shows by our league

position.

The thing is players have been spotted out over the last 5 days in a week

where GJ has made a big fuss over the players fitness and mental strength,

twice a week out for a beer then fine but 5 days on the trot i have seen city players

out on the lash, this can't be good for our club, and in these certain clubs they

go to is just asking for trouble because of who the players are.

Yes they do earn a lot of money and as long as they do the business on Saturday thats ok I don't know what they have done I suppose it was fighting?.Even football players must let their hair down now and then, they are young men not monks?.Also it was mid-week with no game until Saturday so why should they not go out on the p---

Quite simply because they are athletes and alcohol is a poison - the two are not compatible.

I agree, they have a life, I said that.

But the difference between me and them is they are in the public eye. They represent a public domain where children are involved.

You may think that is going to the extreem, but in the cold light of day it's a fact.

I don't want my two year old growing up thinking that going out and getting smashed and getting into a fight is the right thing to do.

It's put the club to shame and they should be punished.

From what you say it's "hey never mind, lets just get on with it". It doesnt work that way.

MM

I didn't say they shouldn't go out. They can do what they want up to a point. BUT by doing this they have shamed themsleves and the club. Not fair on the rest of the players either.

Guest ashtonyate

Quite simply because they are athletes and alcohol is a poison - the two are not compatible.

Come on Alcohol is bad for you if you are on the drink ever night, but to say they are athletes and they should not drink is daft they need to let a bit of steam off now and then.Also just because we are in the bottom half of the table they should not enjoy their selfs now and then is a bit hard.

These are well paid people who have chosen to be athletes as a profession.

Do you think Steve Redgrave used to go out on the lash 5 days before an Olympic race?

Do you think Paula Radlciffe gets ratted a week before the Lonodon marathon?

Do you think the England cricket team got smashed during the Ashes?

No, they may do so after, but during competition they focus fully on their profession. That is the difference between top class athletes and big time Charlie wannabes.

Nobody forced these people to be footballers, they chose to be. And in my opinion, they are very lucky to be footballers. If they don't like the fact it comes with responsibilities then cheerio. There are thousands who would love the opportunities they've had in life and who wouldn't abuse them.

Come on Alcohol is bad for you if you are on the drink ever night, but to say they are athletes and they should not drink is daft they need to let a bit of steam off now and then.Also just because we are in the bottom half of the table they should not enjoy their selfs now and then is a bit hard.

I don't think many think they can't go out, but you seem to think it's ok for well paid people take the p*ss out the fans and the club by ending up in fights or whatever.

Guest ashtonyate

I agree, they have a life, I said that.

But the difference between me and them is they are in the public eye. They represent a public domain where children are involved.

You may think that is going to the extreem, but in the cold light of day it's a fact.

I don't want my two year old growing up thinking that going out and getting smashed and getting into a fight is the right thing to do.

It's put the club to shame and they should be punished.

From what you say it's "hey never mind, lets just get on with it". It doesnt work that way.

MM

The most important thing to your Children is what exsample you and you partner sets for them to follow not some airre assed footballer sets

The most important thing to your Children is what exsample you and you partner sets for them to follow not some airre assed footballer sets

And disapproving of professional athletes bringing disgrace on the club you support and they represent would fall under that banner presumably.

Can't help feeling your missing the point GJ said our players were not fit enough to play for 90 minutes at high tempo, I take it that it included these 3.

He also said that the players would be doing extra training to achieve such fitness levels during the past Two weeks whilst we didn't have a game. I cannot imagine that going out to nightclubs during this time was part of the fitness programme.

Guest ashtonyate

I don't think many think they can't go out, but you seem to think it's ok for well paid people take the p*ss out the fans and the club by ending up in fights or whatever.

Reading some of the posts on here they think they should be in bed by 10pm no sex after wenesday if they have a game on the week end. Go to church twice a day think eat sleep bcfc.I don't think they got together and said lets take the p--- out of the fans for given us a hard time last week.They probaly had a few to many beers and got involved in a punch up, if thats true and I don't no if it is thats life.

Reading some of the posts on here they think they should be in bed by 10pm no sex after wenesday if they have a game on the week end. Go to church twice a day think eat sleep bcfc.I don't think they got together and said lets take the p--- out of the fans for given us a hard time last week.They probaly had a few to many beers and got involved in a punch up, if thats true and I don't no if it is thats life.

I think your exagerating. Alot. You also seem to think it's OK for players to be in fights.

Guest ashtonyate

And disapproving of professional athletes bringing disgrace on the club you support and they represent would fall under that banner presumably.

If you want to put a player on a pedastal thats you fault not his

If you want to put a player on a pedastal thats you fault not his

That is such an absurd thing to say that I don't think it justifies a response, other than:

Read the previous replies to your lunatic ramblings and you may get some idea of what people expect of professional athletes who represent our club.

hmmm it must have been some punch up as Violent disorder is A VERY SERIOUS CHARGE.

Violent disorder

You are guilty of violent disorder if you use or threaten violence where at least three people are together using or threatening violence and in such a way that a person of reasonable firmness would fear for his or her personal safety.

This offence is used especially for group violence, such as disturbances commonly associated with football hooliganism, or where weapons are used. It can be tried in the Crown Court or the Magistrates' Court. The maximum penalty is five years' imprisonment

hmmm it must have been some punch up as Violent disorder is A VERY SERIOUS CHARGE.

Violent disorder

You are guilty of violent disorder if you use or threaten violence where at least three people are together using or threatening violence and in such a way that a person of reasonable firmness would fear for his or her personal safety.

This offence is used especially for group violence, such as disturbances commonly associated with football hooliganism, or where weapons are used. It can be tried in the Crown Court or the Magistrates' Court. The maximum penalty is five years' imprisonment

Thats a worry Murry, does anyone know what actually happened though?

I feel upset like most, but i would like to have all the facts before i start getting up on my moral high horse.

These are players who you would least expect to get into this sort of trouble..innocent until proven guilty imho. ;)

Guest ashtonyate

I think your exagerating. Alot. You also seem to think it's OK for players to be in fights.

No I don't think its ok for players to fight because they may get hurt and can't do their job, but its a fact of life thing happen and they been find two weeks money but some on here are going over the top.Also the Club has made a bad jugement in banning them from Saturdays game who is that going to suffer if we lose.I would have not given them any time of for a month.

No I don't think its ok for players to fight because they may get hurt and can't do their job, but its a fact of life thing happen and they been find two weeks money but some on here are going over the top.Also the Club has made a bad jugement in banning them from Saturdays game who is that going to suffer if we lose.I would have not given them any time of for a month.

So they can go round being in fights and expect to be in the team on Saturday? You don't reward anti-sociable behaviour do you?!

And how well would you expect them to play with all this hanging over them, whether guilty or not guilty? Would they be professional enough to put this all aside and give their all for the club? I have my doubts, they alledgedly weren't professional enough to adhere to the club rules it seems.

And the opposition fans and maybe some of our fans would give them grief everytime they touched the ball. They are rightly dropped. It remains to be seen who suffers the most from this decision, them or the rest of the club and us.

Archived