IGNORED

Police Confirm

Donnie Darko

But we're currently in the relegation zone of poxy Div 3 not flying high in the Premiership. No other explanation for this other than that we've got highly paid dysfunctional players in the side. Other incidents before the current one all on top of the 1-7 defeat at Swansea.

This is the most sensible post so far, If we were top of the league, I am sure that this post would not have got as much attention.

We are struggling in a crap division, With players who are totally unfit, But, They p*** it up and fight with the best of them, It is symptomatic of what many of us (except the happy clappies and ashtonyate) have said for ages, BCFC has become a glorified drinking club where football has become an inconvenience to these players and it has to stop and hopefully the new regime will do that.

But we're currently in the relegation zone of poxy Div 3 not flying high in the Premiership. No other explanation for this other than that we've got highly paid dysfunctional players in the side. Other incidents before the current one all on top of the 1-7 defeat at Swansea.

Quite right RG. Lets not forget that Lita was arrested last season. Danny Coles arrested in pre-season. The same Danny Coles who thought straight after our play-off final defeat, it would be a good idea to get bladdered and dance on tables in Fuschia.

Lets not forget the recent incidents on the waterfront involving many of our players. And now this.

Indeed, there are probably many more episodes that Bristol City players get away with and are not widely publicised. Its time they grew up or go and pickle their livers at another club.

Liver pickling is for the supporters. ;)

So I supposed they got arrested for sitting in a pub having a lovely chat about Butterflies?

News for you - NO THEY DIDN'T. They were breaking the law - hence why they spent the early morning down the cop shop! I supposed your life involves breaking the law then? :doh:

:dance: What i heard was they thought a bit of sparring practice would help because with playing the scoucers this week they could look out for there cars?

When we got rid of the likes of Doherty and Coles (for bad attitudes and 'social' problems), Tinman was to blame for not being firm enough, not having the respect of the players, and letting things slide.

Now we have three players 'arrested', even though GJ made a point in his first day as manager about the 'social' side of playing for bcfc not being acceptable, and everyone says fair play to GJ for fining them, and not concidering them for Saturday. would you say these players have lost respect for GJ already?

If we lose on Saturday, because these players are missing, who will get the blame I wonder.

There has an over reaction by the club; the clubs action has already deemed the three players involved as guilty, hence all the posts on this forum. One question this raises is what breach of club discipline has been breached? are the players not allowed to go out and if not what is the period of time before a game that they can go out. The argument about fighting is a mute one since I do not know of anyone who would walk away from seeing their friend being beaten by blockhead doormen. I do know if I was in town and was getting beat up, then I would certainly expect my friends to come to my rescue and remember none of the have been charged with anything to date and the fact that Parto was pretty beaten up would seem to point to the doormen/security just doing what they do best. Just as footballers are paid to play, doormen are paid to fight or at least offer the threat. In my mind I find nothing wrong with players going out for a drink 4 days before a game and absolutely nothing wrong with the players protecting themselves and or their co players. We do expect them to support each other on the field why should there be an other standard when they are off the field.

Guest ashtonyate

There has an over reaction by the club; the clubs action has already deemed the three players involved as guilty, hence all the posts on this forum. One question this raises is what breach of club discipline has been breached? are the players not allowed to go out and if not what is the period of time before a game that they can go out. The argument about fighting is a mute one since I do not know of anyone who would walk away from seeing their friend being beaten by blockhead doormen. I do know if I was in town and was getting beat up, then I would certainly expect my friends to come to my rescue and remember none of the have been charged with anything to date and the fact that Parto was pretty beaten up would seem to point to the doormen/security just doing what they do best. Just as footballers are paid to play, doormen are paid to fight or at least offer the threat. In my mind I find nothing wrong with players going out for a drink 4 days before a game and absolutely nothing wrong with the players protecting themselves and or their co players. We do expect them to support each other on the field why should there be an other standard when they are off the field.

Well Said, Also the Club expets them to show aggression on the pitch some times it comes out in an un controled manner.How many times have I heard " get stuck in " from the crowd and I bet Johnson tells them that if they are not playing well.

and that coming from a man who lives in a country which is the biggest bully and warmonger on this earth.

Well Said, Also the Club expets them to show aggression on the pitch some times it comes out in an un controled manner.How many times have I heard " get stuck in " from the crowd and I bet Johnson tells them that if they are not playing well.

Yes, the clue is in the words 'on the pitch'.

Congratulations though. I didn't think you could sink any lower in my estimation but you just managed it.

'usarob' - would you be posting on behalf of the errant players? :w00t::whistle: You're their solicitor perhaps?

Interesting to note that Gary Johnson will relocate from Yeovil to Bristol to keep a firmer reign on the errant players and their drink culture. Intelligence reports suggest that the time these activities got out of control was under Danny Wilson's tenure as manager as Danny Wilson would not relocate from Chesterfield to keep an eye on the problem. Seems as if Brian Tinnion tried to sort the problem but was ultimately felled by this clique of players. It is my opinion that Gary Johnson must have our firm support in crushing this drink culture or else we'll never have the players in a fit enough mental and physical state to escape this poxy division.

Take no notice of the players' apologists who post on this forum who would insist that it's the fault of Police, bouncers, Gas, Gary Johnson, the fans, the club, roadsigns, spiked drinks etc when they're involved in punch ups, car crashes, 1-7 away defeats, etc.

Perhaps the club know a vast amount more about what happened than you do and therefore are in a position to judge the players guilty of breaching discipline?

Nibor

'usarob' - would you be posting on behalf of the errant players? :w00t::whistle: You're their solicitor perhaps?

Interesting to note that Gary Johnson will relocate from Yeovil to Bristol to keep a firmer reign on the errant players and their drink culture. Intelligence reports suggest that the time these activities got out of control was under Danny Wilson's tenure as manager as Danny Wilson would not relocate from Chesterfield to keep an eye on the problem. Seems as if Brian Tinnion tried to sort the problem but was ultimately felled by this clique of players. It is my opinion that Gary Johnson must have our firm support in crushing this drink culture or else we'll never have the players in a fit enough mental and physical state to escape this poxy division.

Take no notice of the players' apologists who post on this forum who would insist that it's the fault of Police, bouncers, Gas, Gary Johnson, the fans, the club, roadsigns, spiked drinks etc when they're involved in punch ups, car crashes, 1-7 away defeats, etc.

I make no post on behalf of anyone, nor do I apologise for anyone or their actions but everyone needs to understand is that the players were arrested and not chaged with anything, that, under our law means they are innocent until proven otherwise and from a personal standpoint I would hate to be in a bunker with some of the posters on this forum. Just because they are athletes or footballers or rugby players does not mean that they are born with inate angelical behaviour or wings. They are in fact human like the rest of us and are just as likely to make mistakes as anyone else and if their only error was one of defending themsleves then we should not condem them for doing that which would be expected from anyone in the same position.

I make no post on behalf of anyone, nor do I apologise for anyone or their actions but everyone needs to understand is that the players were arrested and not chaged with anything, that, under our law means they are innocent until proven otherwise

There we have it 'our law' as you refer to it in this country is class based and open to abuses by anyone and everyone with power and money. If you've got the money for the best solicitors/barristers you can literally get away with murder under 'our law'.

I make no post on behalf of anyone, nor do I apologise for anyone or their actions but everyone needs to understand is that the players were arrested and not chaged with anything, that, under our law means they are innocent until proven otherwise and from a personal standpoint I would hate to be in a bunker with some of the posters on this forum. Just because they are athletes or footballers or rugby players does not mean that they are born with inate angelical behaviour or wings. They are in fact human like the rest of us and are just as likely to make mistakes as anyone else and if their only error was one of defending themsleves then we should not condem them for doing that which would be expected from anyone in the same position.

If I had a job that paid 100k+ a year and part of the contract was adhering to a disciplinary policy that said something like no drinking during game weeks, or no putting yourself into a position where you cause bad publicity for the club... I'd have absolutely zero difficulty following it.

Noone's suggesting they can never have a social life or that they should be perfect. I'm suggesting that they breached the clubs disciplinary policy, which they obviously know about, and therefore are being punished for that.

They've already been proven guilty of breaching the policy as far as the club are concerned, have you heard any complaints from the players? No...

Nibor

If I had a job that paid 100k+ a year and part of the contract was adhering to a disciplinary policy that said something like no drinking during game weeks, or no putting yourself into a position where you cause bad publicity for the club... I'd have absolutely zero difficulty following it.

Noone's suggesting they can never have a social life or that they should be perfect. I'm suggesting that they breached the clubs disciplinary policy, which they obviously know about, and therefore are being punished for that.

They've already been proven guilty of breaching the policy as far as the club are concerned, have you heard any complaints from the players? No...

Nibor

I don't believe that any of the players involved are earning 100k per year or anywhere near it for that matter. If they were in breach of the clubs disciplinary code then the outcome of that disciplinary action should have been private and confidential and not for public consumption. It was an internal matter and should have been dealt with accordingly.

I don't believe that any of the players involved are earning 100k per year or anywhere near it for that matter. If they were in breach of the clubs disciplinary code then the outcome of that disciplinary action should have been private and confidential and not for public consumption. It was an internal matter and should have been dealt with accordingly.

Partridge is an international and signed for 150k, I expect he's on nearer 3 grand a week than 2.

It wasn't internal when it was splashed all over the local news and the evening post. The club has to be seen to do something about it.

Nibor

Partridge is earning 78k a year according to The Sun. The story would have got out through the press and then it would have looked worse IMO.

Partridge is an international and signed for 150k, I expect he's on nearer 3 grand a week than 2.

It wasn't internal when it was splashed all over the local news and the evening post. The club has to be seen to do something about it.

Nibor

I think the Bristol Evening Post also quoted around about Nibor's figure of £2,000 - £3,000 per week, not bad for a defender that's done FA for us apart from help leave us in ye olde Div 3 relegation zone, with us leaking goals like a seive. Now that equates to around £100,000 - £150,000 per annum that's about 7 times more than most of us probably earn in a year on this forum. :yawn:

Nibor

I'm sure a quote of "It would appear that there has been a breach of club discipline by the players concerned and it will be dealt with internally" would have sufficed and would also have indicated that the club were doing something about it and not just being seen to be doing something it and I repeat because it is assummed that they are guilty of a breach of club discipline then it is also being assummed that they are guilty of everything and that is unfair but I am sure that the whole story will come out in the fullness of time.

I'm sure a quote of "It would appear that there has been a breach of club discipline by the players concerned and it will be dealt with internally" would have sufficed and would also have indicated that the club were doing something about it and not just being seen to be doing something it and I repeat because it is assummed that they are guilty of a breach of club discipline then it is also being assummed that they are guilty of everything and that is unfair but I am sure that the whole story will come out in the fullness of time.

I would love to say I could understand your point/s but the lack of punctuation means I can't.

Quite right RG. Lets not forget that Lita was arrested last season. Danny Coles arrested in pre-season. The same Danny Coles who thought straight after our play-off final defeat, it would be a good idea to get bladdered and dance on tables in Fuschia.

Lets not forget the recent incidents on the waterfront involving many of our players. And now this.

Indeed, there are probably many more episodes that Bristol City players get away with and are not widely publicised. Its time they grew up or go and pickle their livers at another club.

may allah be praised with a bag of pork scratchings and a pint of cider

I would love to say I could understand your point/s but the lack of punctuation means I can't.

Excuse me, there appears to be a comma missing, but if you feel so bad about the punctuation the feel free to correct it, I will not take offence. Oh and by the way there is a comma missing after say.

I get the feeling the charges will be dropped and this will all end very quickly, from what i understand the boys did no wrong and were provoked, its just a matter of time before they all are cleared and Parto sues the ass of whoever duffed him up!

The iniquities of the toff/snob led legal system means law/ 'justice' for the rich and porridge for the poor man who is without the financial means to defend himself in court.

Excuse me, there appears to be a comma missing, but if you feel so bad about the punctuation the feel free to correct it, I will not take offence. Oh and by the way there is a comma missing after say.

But it didn't matter because you can understand me. The difference being that yours was a long post where you failed to use any sort of punctuation. If I could have understood it then fair enough, but I couldn't. Oh, and no comma was need after say.

You mean 'THEN' feel free to correct it which i just did! :razz:

I understood what your saying usarob even if i did gasp after i read it!

I don't mind though, i over punctuate and i cant speel

;)

The iniquities of the toff/snob led legal system means law/ 'justice' for the rich and porridge for the poor man who is without the financial means to defend himself in court.

Sad but true, legal aid falls somewhat short of its given name.

And quite right b and r :cool:

The iniquities of the toff/snob led British Government legal system means that an overpaid third rate excuse for a Bristol City FC footballer can cause mayhem, get arrested and not face punishment. While the rest of us can be up before a magistrate for so much as breathing a word of defiance to a corrupt government official or West Midlands Walsall Gestapo Policeman. :whistle:

You mean 'THEN' feel free to correct it which i just did! :razz:

I understood what your saying usarob even if i did gasp after i read it!

I don't mind though, i over punctuate and i cant speel

I don't mind people with poor grammar etc, but when it affects their post then it annoys me. I literally couldn't understand usarob's earlier one. Don't mean to be annoying, I just wanted to be able to understand his points.

I get the feeling the charges will be dropped and this will all end very quickly, from what i understand the boys did no wrong and were provoked, its just a matter of time before they all are cleared and Parto sues the ass of whoever duffed him up!

What you write is well at odds with an eye witness account in the Bristol Evening Post. 'Parto', or whatever your nickname for him is, will be lucky to have a job at BCFC let alone the money to sue the bouncer if the eye witness account is proven true.

What you write is well at odds with an eye witness account in the Bristol Evening Post. 'Parto', or whatever your nickname for him is, will be lucky to have a job at BCFC let alone the money to sue the bouncer if the eye witness account is proven true.

Spot on. I find myself torn between thinking Partridge should sacked if this account (and others) are true, and thinking that we can't sack someone who has just started playing well, along with the fact that we paid 150k for him. I'm not saying we shouldnt be sacking someone just because they cost money etc and theya re good if they have done wrong, it's just a difficult choice.

Spot on. I find myself torn between thinking Partridge should sacked if this account (and others) are true, and thinking that we can't sack someone who has just started playing well, along with the fact that we paid 150k for him. I'm not saying we shouldnt be sacking someone just because they cost money etc and theya re good if they have done wrong, it's just a difficult choice.

I'm not too well up on contract law but BCFC maybe able to sue Partridge for the £150,000 we paid for him if the club decide to sack him for 'gross misconduct'. :farmer:

Archived