IGNORED

Gary Johnson And The Stewart Saga

Robbored

You have to take your hat off to Gary Johnson with the way in which he's commented on the loan of Marcus Stewart to PNE.

Johnson points out that Stewart has been in everyone of Johnson's squad when he's been available.Johnson also says that this loan does not spell the end of Stewart all to brief City career."He's still in my plans" says Johnson.

Yeh right..... :whistle:

Hmmm....why does Johnson feel he has to qualify the departure of Stewart?

My view is that Johnson has wanted to off load Stewart ever since the 'hand-grenade' incident and that his treatment of Stewart has nothing less than shocking.

He's deliberately left Stewart sitting on the bench and even left him there for an important away match opting to play a Luton Town reserve ahead of him.What a snub that was to Stewart.Johnson has brought in other strikers like Andrew,Savage and McGammon which sends a very clear message to Stewart - Johnson wants you off the pay-roll.

Now Johnson has his wish he comes out with all this spin as previously mentioned.

If you look any past the Johnson rhetoric its clear that he's trying to appease those fans who think that Stewart still has something to offer City and can't understand what the footballing reasons are for Johnson making him sit on the bench and eventually sending him out on loan.

Nice try,Gary but too transparent.

You have to take your hat off to Gary Johnson with the way in which he's commented on the loan of Marcus Stewart to PNE.

Johnson points out that Stewart has been in everyone of Johnson's squad when he's been available.Johnson also says that this loan does not spell the end of Stewart all to brief City career."He's still in my plans" says Johnson.

My view is that Johnson has wanted to off load Stewart ever since the 'hand-grenade' incident and that his treatment of Stewart has nothing less than shocking.

He's deliberately left Stewart sitting on the bench and even left him there for an important away match opting to play a Luton Town reserve ahead of him.What a snub that was to Stewart.Johnson has brought in other strikers like Andrew,Savage and McGammon which sends a very clear message to Stewart - Johnson wants you off the pay-roll.

Now Johnson has his wish he comes out with all this spin as previously mentioned.

If you look any past the Johnson rhetoric its clear that he's trying to appease those fans who think that Stewart still has something to offer City and can't understand what the footballing reasons are for Johnson making him sit on the bench and eventually sending him out on loan.

I suspect we've got another 5 page thread full of vitriol in the making here. I may as well play my part.

Gary Johnson was asked questions by a journalist and answered them. He didn't call a press conference with the intent of mass propaganda. But even if he does want to appease fans, surely that's his job?

You've no evidence of dishonesty or of a rift between the two. The three strikers that you mentioned (one has come in as a winger - Andrew) are target men with something else to offer.

He deliberately left Stewart on the bench? Surely everything Johnson does is deliberate?

Snub? Why shouln't Johnson leave him on the bench, particularly sice GJ's team selections have resulted in good form and a climb up the table.

His 'treatment' of Stewart? How has he treated him any differently than anyone else? Or does Marcus deserve special treatment?

Robbored, indulge me - you do want Gary Johnson to be a success don't you? Because our current form hasn't earned any praise from you. And you never respond to the pro GJ posts 'I hope you're right'.

I hope and pray he goes to Preston, gets much-needed games under his belt, gets fit and scores some goals because he simply has not proven his worth in the games he has played for City. He cannot be picked on his form at previous clubs, the fact that he played in the Prem, or because he is Bristol born and bred - only on his performances which, notwithstanding injuries, have been poor.

RR: So you're calling Johnson a liar then?

The only 'spin' around here at the moment is YOU putting a negative on everything Johnson says or does.

My sole comment on this subject, as taken from another thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact is that Stewart is a luxury that we cannot afford at this level both in terms of his wages and style of play.

Neither him, Savage or McCammon will be City players by the start of next season. Or if one of them is, they won't be first choice.

Simple as that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see no reason to doubt him. Stewart has been uniformly awful this season, and our upturn in results coincided with the introduction of Bas Savage. Since then Johnson has, quite rightly, refused to change a winning team and Stewart has had to bide his time. The Stewart/Savage argument is a complete non-starter: they are not competing for the same place. Savage (and now McCammon) provides an option that the club didn't have, and allows Brooker to play off a holding player. With Stewart in the side, Brooker becomes the target man, so effectively its Brooker and Stewart who have been competing for the same place. I've got a lot of time for Savage, he is ungainly but he is also very skillful and adds a lot to the team. Unfortunately he can't score goals, and this is likely to be his downfall, but its no coincidence that our good run has coincided with his appearance in the squad. Johnson has been vindicated as far as I'm concerned, and I am sure that he is sincere in saying that Stewart could still have a role to play at Ashton Gate. But he'd need to be a lot better than he has been this season.

I like stewart , but i do believe johnson on this one.

As stated in another post city was approached about stewarts availability,

Johnson asked stewart , stewart agreed , as a pro he surely understands

that you must earn your place.

I feel stewart wants to prove himself where he's been offered a chance.

E.G : I'll play for a manager that wants me , But once again thats been turned round

to be slagging GJ off .

Just lets wait and see , I think he'll be back and GJ will want him back .. :pray:

By the way, do you actually know what the word 'transparent' means?

If you do, then I think it's somewhat ironic that you've accused Johnson of being 'too transparent' in this situation!

Oh dear. :doh:

Totally agree

I really don't see what the problem is, Stewart is out on loan, playing games and hopefully scoring goals. It worked for Cureton and swindon, now hes back scoring. Without stewart we have just won 6-0 and continue to play well and win games, closer and closer towards safety. don't get me wrong at times I think he should have played, but really can you honestly say Stewart has played brillantly this year?

Just stop the anti johnson nonsense, and be greatful that we should stay up this year and look positive for next year. Johnson is the best man for this club and will be for many years to come, get used to it.

Are you ever going to stop bashing our manager and everything he does? Get over it, Stewart hasn't done anything when he's played to warrant selection and players like Big Mac are more effective with Brooker. Maybe Johnson sees this too? Like someone else said, do you really want GJ to be a success here or would you rather slate him at every opportunity?

Robbored i hope you're on a fishing expedition and this is tongue in cheek,otherwise you are turning into the forum figure of fun(but not a particularly funny one).

I will bite.

I have seen Stewart play well at ashton gate-unfortunately he was wearing the blue and white clown outfit of the other team in Bristol.Since his much heralded return he has been a major disappointment.He has turned in many poor performances and not really affected the game when coming off the bench.Contrast McCammon who equally has been on the bench most of the time here but comes on and scores(and he will not be the long term solution i'm sure).Unfortunately even in the reserves where the opposition quality is often youth team equivalent ,he has managed 1 goal in 7 appearances(not all full games i'll grant you).So not impressive stuff-and worse he is rumoured to be on 5k a week.Now if GJ has had the guile to so p*ss him off that he leaves before the end of his contract-i applaud him.If and it is a huge if, Stewart comes back and performs anywhere near the guy i remember in a blue shirt ,then GJ is to be applauded.

Either way good management for me.

Guest dogwood

I see no reason to doubt him. Stewart has been uniformly awful this season, and our upturn in results coincided with the introduction of Bas Savage. Since then Johnson has, quite rightly, refused to change a winning team and Stewart has had to bide his time. The Stewart/Savage argument is a complete non-starter: they are not competing for the same place. Savage (and now McCammon) provides an option that the club didn't have, and allows Brooker to play off a holding player. With Stewart in the side, Brooker becomes the target man, so effectively its Brooker and Stewart who have been competing for the same place. I've got a lot of time for Savage, he is ungainly but he is also very skillful and adds a lot to the team. Unfortunately he can't score goals, and this is likely to be his downfall, but its no coincidence that our good run has coincided with his appearance in the squad. Johnson has been vindicated as far as I'm concerned, and I am sure that he is sincere in saying that Stewart could still have a role to play at Ashton Gate. But he'd need to be a lot better than he has been this season.

Well said mate, how much longer have we to carry on listening to this stewart rubbish, ? The guy WAS uniformly AWFUL this season, when ever he played, the worst possible signing in years. He NEVER showed ANY commitment . All that matters is that BRISTOL CITY survive in div 1 and build for next year , that means going FORWARD with Gary Johnson at the helm, who thankfully had the guts to sort out all the soft centered , cushy living , non performing players we had at the beginning of the season, some of whom did,nt like the truth ( so called hand grenade ) :doh: and we have thankfully moved on and hopefully turned the corner. Marcus Stewart did not help the cause at all, if he had not been a highish profile person, who has been around the block a bit, and some fans on here get a kick out of telling the world they know him or had spoken to his great aunt 20 years ago , then with his awful performances , he would have taken alot of stick from many fans at the gate . If he had the club at heart , as i keep getting told on here :doh: WHY did,nt he show it on the field of play , ? i watched all his performances , although short and rare, absolutely NO reason to think he should be an integral part of the team . The club and team will and have been playing better without him. GET OVER IT , he is one average player, BRISTOL CITY are our club, and will be long after Mr Stewart has hung up his boots, ( though seemingly he already had , looking at his non performances ) , thats all that matters to me, that the club moves forward . Seem,s some on here prefer aggro and strife, and turmoil at the club, they must live sad lives, i,m more interested in supporting the players that are here and WANT to play for the club .

stewart has been shocking all season and has been bombed out of the club, he's gone, Johnson as done the right thing getting rid of YET another OVERPAID WASTER!

good work Gary

Totally agree mate, well said, :)

Here we go. Point out Stewart isnt the messiah......and everyone brings Baz in straight off. THEY ARE BOTH CR@P, and Both deserve gettin rid of. Now can we end this arguement NOW

Its gettin like the Leapy/Robbo/Miller/Aaron, and strikingly like the Coles/Doc arguements.

Few of the lovers are puttin up valid arguements why to keep Stewart, other than hes better than Baz. He may well be but hes still cr@p and isnt worth the wage, cos he cant/couldnt/wont give a flying one for the club he allegedly loves.

Still bin stewart, Baz, AND McCammon and get someone in DECENT.

Stewart was widely touted with Leeeeroy as the dream partnership, but hey BROOKER is the main striker, and still as vital to City as last season.

He's deliberately left Stewart sitting on the bench and even left him there for an important away match opting to play a Luton Town reserve ahead of him.What a snub that was to Stewart.

In the same way that he deliberately leaves the Under-18s out of the squad, because they aren't good enough.

For god's sake Robbored, give it up.

P.N.E. play off position championship want stewy

While they have 2 strikers out injured. FGR rejected Baz, but he played in the Championship for Reading a few seasons ago, did you forget to mention that :rolleyes:

P.N.E. play off position championship want stewy, Forest Green near bottom of conference showed Bazza the door. Hands up dumbo"s who can"t see johnsone is taking the ****. Improved performances are down to Russell, Carey, brilliant Brooker etc. Good luck Marcus.

And just HOW many Prem/Championship/Promotion seeking sides would loan out a decent striker, during the last month of the season or so????????

Marcus was availible.

Right about the performances too. Stewart, among others has obviously not put sufficient effort in to justify his large wedge. Some of johnsons signings arent gettin in the first team either. kack happens.

P.N.E. play off position championship want stewy, Forest Green near bottom of conference showed Bazza the door. Hands up dumbo"s who can"t see johnsone is taking the ****. Improved performances are down to Russell, Carey, brilliant Brooker etc. Good luck Marcus.

Sorry mate but that's not quite right.

No clubs made an effort to poach Stewart in the transfer window, and PNE are only getting him on loan because they have two key strikers injured, and as we have found, loans are a tricky business.

IF Stewart looks really good on loan, then they will be interested in him. But for now he's their quick fix.

Let's hope he does well and that whatever does happen will be for the good of our club, not just one of it's players.

:doh: should be intresting in the supporters club at the player of the year awards when gary johnson gets on the stage to make a speach with robbored stood next to him shaking him by the hand or by the throat :laugh: :razz:

There'll have to be restraining order, or violence will break out!! :laugh:

I agree with every word.

Archived