IGNORED

Gary Johnson And The Stewart Saga

Robbored

stewart has been shocking all season and has been bombed out of the club, he's gone, Johnson as done the right thing getting rid of YET another OVERPAID WASTER!

good work Gary

Oh of course he is :dunno: this is the player that hasnt been given the chance to show his true worth. But of course every other player has been BRILLIANT this season havent they :dunno::dunno: i forgot we were ten points clear at the top of this CRAP division :laugh::laugh:

In the same way that he signed for us instead of some Championship clubs that were offering god knows how much money. We are his club, not Sunderland, not Ipswich, Bristol City.

Quote Ron

Sorry ron not trying to be awkward but are you just feeling arguementative today,

different opinions totally from yesterday. :laugh::doh:

You have to take your hat off to Gary Johnson

I couldn't agree more up to that point!! :w00t:

Oh of course he is :dunno: this is the player that hasnt been given the chance to show his true worth. But of course every other player has been BRILLIANT this season havent they :dunno::dunno: i forgot we were ten points clear at the top of this CRAP division :laugh::laugh:

He had a chance in the Scunny game, but came off injured. You can't blame Gary Johnson for that.

Oh of course he is :dunno: this is the player that hasnt been given the chance to show his true worth.

You "Stewart in" people are the biggest Hypocrites I have ever seen and your prejudice, stubborness and eagerness to wind people up is really starting to **** me and many others off.

Oh we haven't been able to see what Stewart MAY or MAY NOT be able to do, you have no evidence that he would have done anything, infact all of the ###### he has produced so far this season would go some way to proving otherwise.

We can't decide what we think of Marcus after 27 appearences for the first team squad, but we can say that Bas is "crap, useless, etc." after 17 appearances.

Get off your high horse, you are not "morally above" Gary Johnson, this football club is not a conspiracy theory, we have the best rate since January that we've seen at the club in god-knows how long, we are playing consistently well and with passion for the club, the stories of people going out after matchdays and getting (I said a naughty word) have gone - not that you've pointed that out as you have nothing good to say about Johnson (replaced with stories of Reading and Birmingham players!), accept that we are doing well and SHUT THE ###### UP.

In the same way that he signed for us instead of some Championship clubs that were offering god knows how much money. We are his club, not Sunderland, not Ipswich, Bristol City.

Sorry ron not trying to be awkward but are you just feeling arguementative today,

different opinions totally from yesterday.

I think he is as disappointed as anyone that the move to us hasn't worked out, but at no point have I said anywhere that I think he's done a good job for us or that I think he should be given another chance. By going to Preston he may get another chance if he can do any better, but I don't think we should meddle with what he may or may not do when there are points at stake.

:dunno:

Find me a post where I have said that I think we should have started Marcus. You can't.

Find me a post where I have said that I think that Marcus deserves a chance. You Can't.

Find me a post where I said I hope that Marcus uses the chance he HAS to turn things around. You can.

Ron , I'm not telling people to shut the **** up .

and i'm not twisting if i'm mistaken thats generally down to your posts.

i have said i like stewart but i understand the reasons behind the loan,

i aint been slagging off bas.

robbored just makes me laugh. in a good way

so let me get ya a ladder and we can get you down from that high moral ground

your shouting from.

calm down calm down it's just a forum

You "Stewart in" people are the biggest Hypocrites I have ever seen and your prejudice, stubborness and eagerness to wind people up is really starting to **** me and many others off.

So when someone disagrees with you, they're hypocritical, stubborn, prejudiced and on the wind up?

Oh we haven't been able to see what Stewart MAY or MAY NOT be able to do, you have no evidence that he would have done anything, infact all of the ###### he has produced so far this season would go some way to proving otherwise.

Us "Stewart In" people have posted plenty of evidence (or at least reason) that he'd contribute more to the team than Savage, if you don't pay attention then that's your lookout. Of course, such things are entirely subjective, so people will debate them... Shock horror!

We can't decide what we think of Marcus after 27 appearences for the first team squad, but we can say that Bas is "crap, useless, etc." after 17 appearances.

I think after watching a player for 10 or so games, it's reasonable to have an opinion. In my opinion, Stewart could yet come good here and make a big difference, and Savage lacks the fundamental skills to do so. Disagree with it all you like, I'm happy to argue it on it's merits.

Get off your high horse, you are not "morally above" Gary Johnson, this football club is not a conspiracy theory, we have the best rate since January that we've seen at the club in god-knows how long, we are playing consistently well and with passion for the club, the stories of people going out after matchdays and getting (I said a naughty word) have gone - not that you've pointed that out as you have nothing good to say about Johnson (replaced with stories of Reading and Birmingham players!), accept that we are doing well and SHUT THE ###### UP.

And you have the nerve to call other people hypocritical... This whole little rant is you on your high horse, and pretending to be "morally above" Robbored.

As for pointing out the good things, I think if you actually had a look at what people post you'd see how wrong you are.

But I guess we'll all just SHUT THE ###### UP because you're right eh? :w00t:

For the record Ron, I think you're a good poster who usually has something interesting to say. This is without a doubt the worst post you've ever made.

Nibor

So when someone disagrees with you, they're hypocritical, stubborn, prejudiced and on the wind up?

Us "Stewart In" people have posted plenty of evidence (or at least reason) that he'd contribute more to the team than Savage, if you don't pay attention then that's your lookout. Of course, such things are entirely subjective, so people will debate them... Shock horror!

I think after watching a player for 10 or so games, it's reasonable to have an opinion. In my opinion, Stewart could yet come good here and make a big difference, and Savage lacks the fundamental skills to do so. Disagree with it all you like, I'm happy to argue it on it's merits.

And you have the nerve to call other people hypocritical... This whole little rant is you on your high horse, and pretending to be "morally above" Robbored.

As for pointing out the good things, I think if you actually had a look at what people post you'd see how wrong you are.

But I guess we'll all just SHUT THE ###### UP because you're right eh? :w00t:

For the record Ron, I think you're a good poster who usually has something interesting to say. This is without a doubt the worst post you've ever made.

Nibor

Either way he wouldn't be the first person to lose his rag on this forum nor the last.

The pros and cons of Stewart have been done to deatch and many threads are stilll floating around for that.

Nibor and Ron, I'm interested to know what you both think about the original post, the suggestion that Gary Johnson's comments are 'spin'. Do you think any of his statements are dishonest or BS?

You have to take your hat off to Gary Johnson with the way in which he's commented on the loan of Marcus Stewart to PNE.

Johnson points out that Stewart has been in everyone of Johnson's squad when he's been available.Johnson also says that this loan does not spell the end of Stewart all to brief City career."He's still in my plans" says Johnson.

Yeh right..... :whistle:

Hmmm....why does Johnson feel he has to qualify the departure of Stewart?

My view is that Johnson has wanted to off load Stewart ever since the 'hand-grenade' incident and that his treatment of Stewart has nothing less than shocking.

He's deliberately left Stewart sitting on the bench and even left him there for an important away match opting to play a Luton Town reserve ahead of him.What a snub that was to Stewart.Johnson has brought in other strikers like Andrew,Savage and McGammon which sends a very clear message to Stewart - Johnson wants you off the pay-roll.

Now Johnson has his wish he comes out with all this spin as previously mentioned.

If you look any past the Johnson rhetoric its clear that he's trying to appease those fans who think that Stewart still has something to offer City and can't understand what the footballing reasons are for Johnson making him sit on the bench and eventually sending him out on loan.

Nice try,Gary but too transparent.

Did Johnson write the newspaper article? No? Then how can the article be HIS spin? Judging by what normally happens in the media he probably received a telephone call and gave honset answers to the journalists questions. Do you know what the job of a journalist is? Well if not what they do is take the quotes they receive and make them into a STORY to be printed in the newspaper. Unless you know the exact answers given to the exact questions it seems to me that the biggest spinner on here is you. YOU are the one saying he is qualifying Stewarts departure beased on an article of quotes all condensed into one story. How do you know that he never simply gave a one word answer when asked if Stewart is still in his plans? It is not difficult to elaborate that one word into a sentence is it?

The most consistent thing you bang on about in your posts is the management technique of Johnson when delivering his hand grenade. Well, in the interests of fairness and justice, why don't you bang on about Johnson's OTHER management technique which has served him far better - the one where he adopts a CONSISTENT selection policy. One which means when you get the shirt you keep it until your performance in the team framework merits otherwise. In that regard Stewart has simply been unlucky that injuries and suspension have come at the wrong time for him. Simple as that. Please explain to everyone the BAD footballing reasons behind a consistent selection policy.

I may well be totally wrong and do not know your mindset but the way you jump into Johnson at every opportunity suggests to me that you cannot wait for him to fail because his way of running a football club happens to be different to yours. Any praise you give is tempered using the one-liner statement "clearing up his own mess" and any criticism is usually delivered in seven paragraphs. I was criticised by yourself the other week for paraphrasing you when describing the "blinkered Tinnion fan club" in response to your "blinkered Johnson fan club". Apparently I was chucking around insults. Do you think that accusing someone of chucking out spin to the local media when you have no knowledge of the wording in the actual interview is not also a touch insulting?

Come on boys lets kiss and make up, we're on a good run of form, so why not be happy with it. Stewarts gone, hey ho, now can we concentrate on our next game, and stop shouting at eachother.

We're all entitled to an opinion, doesnt mean we all have to agree with eachother, which is the beauty of having a forum.

Spread some love people :wub:

Either way he wouldn't be the first person to lose his rag on this forum nor the last.

The pros and cons of Stewart have been done to deatch and many threads are stilll floating around for that.

Nibor and Ron, I'm interested to know what you both think about the original post, the suggestion that Gary Johnson's comments are 'spin'. Do you think any of his statements are dishonest or BS?

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories but I do find some things a bit... strange.

I think if you compare GJ's body language in the video interview with that in any other video interview he's given there are some interesting differences. He's constantly looking down at the floor before he speaks and I'm not the only one to make that observation.

I understand GJ's team selection strategy of keeping a winning side intact, but there have been occasions where I think Stewart's been deliberately overlooked. We lost away at Colchester, Stewart scored off the bench, yet Savage started the next two games despite putting in poor performances lacking goal threat. We lost away at Barnsley, and lacked a goal threat all game, yet Stewart doesn't start in the next game against Brentford. These aren't consistent IMO. If their positions were reversed, do you think Stewart would have been kept in the starting XI after Savage scored off the bench in a defeat?

I would much prefer it if GJ came out and said "for whatever reason it hasn't worked out with Marcus and we'll look to find him a new club", and I'd find that much easier to respect.

Nibor

Some bloke was on a phone in on rad Bris this morning. he was on about Stewart at the supporters trust opening. He said he had a chat with Stewart that night, and asked him outright if he got on well with GJ. the reply was " no we don't get on, and don't talk". While i will admit results look better now, GJ makes himself look whiter than white, which is why i think he has pulled the wool over a lot of peoples eyes. I'm waiting to see if he carries this good end to the season into next, to see if it doesn't how many of the fans praising him now will have the same opinion. I hope he does well because i support the team not the manager (yet).

He's deliberately left Stewart sitting on the bench and even left him there for an important away match opting to play a Luton Town reserve ahead of him.What a snub that was to Stewart.Johnson has brought in other strikers like Andrew,Savage and McGammon which sends a very clear message to Stewart - Johnson wants you off the pay-roll.

You make it sound as if Johnson has some sort of personal vendetta against Stewart :blink:

Johnson was pretty quick in shifting Grant Smith, Partridge, Bridges and Fortune. Why then did Stewart stay here if Johnson wanted him off the payroll?

Anyway it's clear to me that things haven't clicked for Marcus here and I wish him all the best during his stay in Lancashire. It will be interesting to see how well he does there, either way I'm sure there'll be plenty of 'I told you so' postings on here.

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories but I do find some things a bit... strange.

I think if you compare GJ's body language in the video interview with that in any other video interview he's given there are some interesting differences. He's constantly looking down at the floor before he speaks and I'm not the only one to make that observation.

I understand GJ's team selection strategy of keeping a winning side intact, but there have been occasions where I think Stewart's been deliberately overlooked. We lost away at Colchester, Stewart scored off the bench, yet Savage started the next two games despite putting in poor performances lacking goal threat. We lost away at Barnsley, and lacked a goal threat all game, yet Stewart doesn't start in the next game against Brentford. These aren't consistent IMO.

I would much prefer it if GJ came out and said "for whatever reason it hasn't worked out with Marcus and we'll look to find him a new club", and I'd find that much easier to respect.

Nibor

Unless, of course, Johnson is telling the truth and does see Stewart as part of his plans next season. If Stewart moves on in the summer then your point may have substance but if not and he does end up playing for us next season then some of the conspiracy theorists (who have put things in a far stronger language than your post) on here maybe ought to be big enough to admit they have got it wrong.

I may well be totally wrong and do not know your mindset but the way you jump into Johnson at every opportunity suggests to me that you cannot wait for him to fail because his way of running a football club happens to be different to yours. Any praise you give is tempered using the one-liner statement "clearing up his own mess" and any criticism is usually delivered in seven paragraphs. I was criticised by yourself the other week for paraphrasing you when describing the "blinkered Tinnion fan club" in response to your "blinkered Johnson fan club". Apparently I was chucking around insults. Do you think that accusing someone of chucking out spin to the local media when you have no knowledge of the wording in the actual interview is not also a touch insulting?

Good points as always Greebo and I'll do you the service of replying.

As said in the original post I think Johnson has wanted Stewart gone more or less since he took over and to come out with the latest comments now that he has gone rates very highly in the 'please the fans' stakes.To put it more clearly,saying one thing when the evidence suggests that you are thinking something else.

It doesn't matter if Johnson was interviewed - the comments are still his.

As for insults - no its not insulting to accuse Johnson of spin.That the way I see it.

Unless, of course, Johnson is telling the truth and does see Stewart as part of his plans next season. If Stewart moves on in the summer then your point may have substance but if not and he does end up playing for us next season then some of the conspiracy theorists (who have put things in a far stronger language than your post) on here maybe ought to be big enough to admit they have got it wrong.

If I'm wrong I'll quite happily admit it. Who knows, maybe there's another motive and he's doing them a favour so they'll let us have Matty Hill back?

If I'm wrong I'll quite happily admit it. Who knows, maybe there's another motive and he's doing them a favour so they'll let us have Matty Hill back?

Interesting, given that Hill is not a regular at Preston (mainly due to poor luck with injuries). I couldn't imagine Hill coming back though and, I do not mean this as an insult to Hill, do we need him given the upturn in form shown by Woodman and the probable (in my view) acquisition of Green as competition?

Going back to Stewart it will be very interesting to see what happens in the close season.

Interesting, given that Hill is not a regular at Preston (mainly due to poor luck with injuries). I couldn't imagine Hill coming back though and, I do not mean this as an insult to Hill, do we need him given the upturn in form shown by Woodman and the probable (in my view) acquisition of Green as competition?

Well, we're not exactly flush with left footers, have a small squad and Woodman had been known to have downturns in form. If PNE go up I imagine they will make some changes. It's probably all very unlikely, but I wouldn't mind if it turned out true.

Going back to Stewart it will be very interesting to see what happens in the close season.

It will indeed, and I reckon his signings in the close season will say a great deal about what he's trying to do here.

Put it this way, if we sign a quality young pacy striker, and a real left winger, I'll be very happy.

Nibor

Guys,

For what it's worth, my opinion on the whole Stewart situation is this:

Johnson is behaving professionally by interacting with the press and treating Stewart with respect by not washing his dirty linen in public. What is he supposed to say? "Ooooh that Marcus! What a primadonna! Thank God he's finally gone!"?

If Stewart had approached his tenure at BCFC with the same level of professionalism and commitment we would not be having this conversation. He has turned in mediocre performances and his attitude in the dressing room was prejudicial to GJ's cause of building a strong team spirit. I don't care if he is David Beckham, he leads by example and treats the manager with respect. He should be the model sportsman, not some jumped-up has-been from the Prem with delusions of grandeur.

As far as I am concerned, GJ did the right thing. No-one is bigger than the team. The results were going the right way without him so why not get rid of the bad apple? If he weren't from Bristol I doubt this would be so much of an issue.

In summary: Stewart did not produce the goods. Neither did Tinnion. Pass the port. Move on.

:yawn:

As said in the original post I think Johnson has wanted Stewart gone more or less since he took over and to come out with the latest comments now that he has gone rates very highly in the 'please the fans' stakes.To put it more clearly,saying one thing when the evidence suggests that you are thinking something else.

It doesn't matter if Johnson was interviewed - the comments are still his.

As for insults - no its not insulting to accuse Johnson of spin.That the way I see it.

If GJ does want Stewart out (which is very presumptious based on the minimal evidence) to say as much to the press wouldn't do anyone any good. I doubt that this is the case but either way diplomacy is vital when giving interviews.

'Spin, spin, spin' is going way overboard.

Its no big deal. Johnson and Marcus don't get on. its hardly unusual for their positions even.

What IS disappointing is the general laxsadasical fashion Stewart has failed to get on with it for the team, and Johnson for not releasing Stewart in the window.

Either way, wether you like it or not GJ is the manager (and I'm nor decided either way at this moment- points not proven YET.), and the manager has to MANAGE, he has to be backed. cos if it goes Pete Tong, its his ass on the line.

The handful of intelligent posters (Nibor, Nogbad, Bristol Boy, Madger), , in particular will disect his failings in clinical dispassionate fashion, Robbored, and his posse will exult, and the piranhas will go into their frenzy.

And the loser: Well its our beloved City. I don't give a flying one who plays for us, provided he puts the EFFORT in, and actually POSSESS some skill. I'm heartily sick to death of the bloody pair of them!!!

Stewart, Baz, McCammon, you aint it on one or more of those categories, please GO, and go quietly. Brooker is the example ALL of them should bloody follow.

Now I do appreciate some of the things the erudite- the likes of Nibor are trying to say. I disagree, but he is puttin it into a rational argument, justifing the statement. most of you are simply saying Baz is a clown, Stewart should be in- end of. Or lets just have a go at GJ, cos he is dissing our main man, Stewart.

For such a prolific poster Robbored, it would be nice if you also did us the service of running a spell/grammar check from time to time. The standard of punctuation and spelling is a terrible example to the youngsters on here and a pain in the ring to read.

Thanks.

The thing is it really does make sense, he needs first team football and we can't give him a place in a side that is performing so well.

If they have personal issues that's a shame, but a fact of life is that some people don't see eye to eye. The only thing that would make some people happy is for Johnson to say publicly, that he has ditched a player of outstanding quality purely for personal reasons. That's not going to happen and I don't think it's the case.

All we will get until the end of the season from some quarters is how many more goals we would have scored with Stewart playing.

I have always had a level of respect for Robbo's posts even if I didn't always agree with his conclusions, but this and other recent examples have devalued his "The sentient sage, the voice of reason" tag line.

Robbored, indulge me - you do want Gary Johnson to be a success don't you? Because our current form hasn't earned any praise from you. And you never respond to the pro GJ posts 'I hope you're right'.

It's clear that GJ dosn't drink in the Sawyers Arms!!

Amazing we had a dreadful 18 months prior to GJ. And robbored was very supportive of the manager then.

GJ turns the ship round & has had to make some tough decisions & robbored hasn't given any credit.

Now I wonder who the shallow one is.

robbored, I don't think it's GJ that fans can see through!

Guys,

Johnson is behaving professionally by interacting with the press and treating Stewart with respect by not washing his dirty linen in public. What is he supposed to say? "Ooooh that Marcus! What a primadonna! Thank God he's finally gone!"?

If Stewart had approached his tenure at BCFC with the same level of professionalism and commitment we would not be having this conversation. He has turned in mediocre performances and his attitude in the dressing room was prejudicial to GJ's cause of building a strong team spirit. I don't care if he is David Beckham, he leads by example and treats the manager with respect. He should be the model sportsman, not some jumped-up has-been from the Prem with delusions of grandeur.

As far as I am concerned, GJ did the right thing. No-one is bigger than the team. The results were going the right way without him so why not get rid of the bad apple? If he weren't from Bristol I doubt this would be so much of an issue.

In summary: Stewart did not produce the goods. Neither did Tinnion. Pass the port. Move on.

:yawn:

Spot on RR.

And speeling & punctuation perfect.

You have to take your hat off to Gary Johnson with the way in which he's commented on the loan of Marcus Stewart to PNE.

Johnson points out that Stewart has been in everyone of Johnson's squad when he's been available.Johnson also says that this loan does not spell the end of Stewart all to brief City career."He's still in my plans" says Johnson.

Yeh right..... :whistle:

Hmmm....why does Johnson feel he has to qualify the departure of Stewart?

My view is that Johnson has wanted to off load Stewart ever since the 'hand-grenade' incident and that his treatment of Stewart has nothing less than shocking.

Now Johnson has his wish he comes out with all this spin as previously mentioned.

If you look any past the Johnson rhetoric its clear that he's trying to appease those fans who think that Stewart still has something to offer City and can't understand what the footballing reasons are for Johnson making him sit on the bench and eventually sending him out on loan.

Nice try,Gary but too transparent.

Who cares....were on form!! soo what else matters!! if you love Stewart so much Travel to PNE and watch him.

Guys,

Fair enough, if that is what he believes then I don't have a problem with that although, what you are saying is that he is spinning the situation. In other words you are agreeing with Robbored's original message.

Hang on a sec. Assuming your first paragraph is right and Stewart is being forced out, where is Stewart's lack of professionalism? This supposed prima donna has not once criticised Johnson in public. The closest anyone has got is an ambiguous quote to the web master of a side he is joining on loan. He is being forced out yet says nothing in public. This smacks of professionalism.

Yet another pathetic, lazy dig at Stewart from a sad sheep. You know that Stewart is a 'bad apple' how? If you want to debate his footballing ability then I'll discuss it with you but otherwise all I've got to say to you is ' Baaaaah'!!!!

Archived