IGNORED

Like It Or Not

Dolman Block B

the Stewart issue is bound to raise its head again in the coming days, on the back of last nights poor performance.

Ok, befire you start, its me thats brought it up again.

This morning I'm just trying to get mty head round the whole Stewart/Yeovil deal.

Right then,with Brooker and Showunmi unavailable for the forseeable future, the City boss is thinking about a move in the loan market (Johnsons words not mine).

So were paying half of Stewarts Yeovil wage (say £2500).

Another loan striker going cost us £2500/£3000 a week?

Surely, you all must agree that the deal to let Marcus go, so early in the season is now unjust?

This is more a business type thread, not another Stewart plee!!!!!!!!!

But, he WOULD be playing tuesday night now, for sure.

What good loan players are out there?

Journey men, weve tampered with before, never any good.

Your thoughts only, and don't give me a hard time..please :(

the Stewart issue is bound to raise its head again in the coming days, on the back of last nights poor performance.

Ok, befire you start, its me thats brought it up again.

This morning I'm just trying to get mty head round the whole Stewart/Yeovil deal.

Right then,with Brooker and Showunmi unavailable for the forseeable future, the City boss is thinking about a move in the loan market (Johnsons words not mine).

So were paying half of Stewarts Yeovil wage (say £2500).

Another loan striker going cost us £2500/£3000 a week?

Surely, you all must agree that the deal to let Marcus go, so early in the season is now unjust?

This is more a business type thread, not another Stewart plee!!!!!!!!!

But, he WOULD be playing tuesday night now, for sure.

What good loan players are out there?

Journey men, weve tampered with before, never any good.

Your thoughts only, and don't give me a hard time..please :(

It is ridiculous i agree, if yeovil want him they should pay all his wages, to be honest he should of went in the summer had enough time to get him off the wage bill

The way i see it is that we are stuck with M.S no one wants to cough up the amount he wants in wages (except us of course :blink: )

He is not a lower division player as i think we saw when he was playing for us,now I'm not saying he couldnt be use full in the championship,in fact i think he could be! but in the scrappy league we are in his abbility can never been seen.This being said i would prusume G.J asked for more from him and as we all no that was that.

Onto Marks concern with regardes us paying half his wages.

I think the men at the gate have realised that no one is going to pay his wages and after reading the problems he has had with the manager here,who in thier right mind will take him on.

So surley its better to pay half his wages rather than the full wages.....

I also take on the view that he shouldnt have gone to yeovil,but if they were the only ones willing to take on the player then business sense states he must go there..

And as for M.S coming back ....No chance to much has been said and done both privatly and more importantly publicly

Well theres my two pence worth

Thanks

Mark

The way i see it is that we are stuck with M.S no one wants to cough up the amount he wants in wages (except us of course :blink: )

He is not a lower division player as i think we saw when he was playing for us,now I'm not saying he couldnt be use full in the championship,in fact i think he could be! but in the scrappy league we are in his abbility can never been seen.This being said i would prusume G.J asked for more from him and as we all no that was that.

Onto Marks concern with regardes us paying half his wages.

I think the men at the gate have realised that no one is going to pay his wages and after reading the problems he has had with the manager here,who in thier right mind will take him on.

So surley its better to pay half his wages rather than the full wages.....

I also take on the view that he shouldnt have gone to yeovil,but if they were the only ones willing to take on the player then business sense states he must go there..

And as for M.S coming back ....No chance to much has been said and done both privatly and more importantly publicly

Well theres my two pence worth

Thanks

Mark

And the good decent reply i wanted and expected mate..........thankyou

It is ridiculous i agree, if yeovil want him they should pay all his wages, to be honest he should of went in the summer had enough time to get him off the wage bill

Summer or winter means nothing. Stewart has a contract and does not have to leave unless he agrees to terms elsewhere, and City get a viable offer.

Its not all about wages. In Stewarts case, his family and friends are in Bristol, and at 33 he wont travel too far, why should he, City have to pay his salary.

Guest hirerite

stewart can't come back to the club, johnson has said nothing on the matter, how ever Marcus has shown a total lack of respect for the manager.

whatever has happened at the club GJ kept it behind closed doors, Marcus has gone public and totally hammered him, saying he will never play again while "that man in in charge" total lack of respect on his part which give a good idea of who the problem is!

big time charlie marcus stewart

stewart can't come back to the club, johnson has said nothing on the matter, how ever Marcus has shown a total lack of respect for the manager.

whatever has happened at the club GJ kept it behind closed doors, Marcus has gone public and totally hammered him, saying he will never play again while "that man in in charge" total lack of respect on his part which give a good idea of who the problem is!

Well if street rumour has it, Benyon falling out with GJ, that makes it another one added to GJ list. So who has the bad ego?

Guest hirerite

Well if street rumour has it, Benyon falling out with GJ, that makes it another one added to GJ list. So who has the bad ego?

that's already been proved as rubbish though, it's just one of a stream of rumours that have come out though a member of the 1st teams relative, who basically isn't happy he isn't playing!

benyon is a good poacher, but is VERY lightweight and not what we need right now

GJ may say nothing in the press, but his method of freezing players out of existance, shows an ego problem.

As for respect, he has to earn respect, and there's plenty in this forum waiting for an end product. No different to Phillips demanding respect when he went to the gas. You just have to earn it, in all walks of life.

I aint getting into a heated debate bout Stewart again Lord, but your quite happy to see the club spend another load dosh on another loan donkey!

We wont find the right player out there on loan, it will be another bus ticket for some jorneyman again

I agree with Lord, Mark we don't need him at the club,and to be honest IMO we don't need anyone else either,once the idiot 3 get out of jail (well 2 of them anyway) and we get our injured players back i believe we have enough to challenge.

Last night (tranny) was a good test,lets not forget we were away from home against a team that is doing very well....

You tell me if we had the likes of B.O & S.B playing and with showumni ready to come on if needed..Would we have won...Yes i think we would have,it was an evenly matched game thier goal apart,and if we can hold our own in or current circumstances then we should find it a breeze when we get our top blokes back.

Its all rock and roll then :dance:

Mark

NO, what he actualy said was...... When asked if he would still like to go back to City he said- yes but hes got no chance of playing under the current manager.

Now before you go spouting off on here... GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

Stewart isnt the type of player we need.

No :dunno: of course i forgot WE don't need a goalscorer :dunno: .

Yeovil seem quite happy though :laugh:

I agree with Lord, Mark we don't need him at the club,and to be honest IMO we don't need anyone else either,once the idiot 3 get out of jail (well 2 of them anyway) and we get our injured players back i believe we have enough to challenge.

Last night (tranny) was a good test,lets not forget we were away from home against a team that is doing very well....

You tell me if we had the likes of B.O & S.B playing and with showumni ready to come on if needed..Would we have won...Yes i think we would have,it was an evenly matched game thier goal apart,and if we can hold our own in or current circumstances then we should find it a breeze when we get our top blokes back.

Mark

I bloody hope so Mark, my point is what if their out for quite few games?

Stewart, yes gone, but perhaps the management a little rash :dunno:

So which member of the first team squad are you (as you seem to know everything as fact)?

To be honest Lee, i get quite bit feedback from people working at the club.

I just pass on what ive been told.

Up to you to belive or not.

As for your comment "as you seem to know everything as fact", i don't know if its true myself, just texts and phone calls i recieve.

Best ignore if it p i s s e s you off......Legend

So which member of the first team squad are you (as you seem to know everything as fact)?

the whole fall out thing is crap, all these recent rumours of dressing room brawls, players walking off training, more player fall outs are rubbish!

yes, it came through a relative of a player, but has since been confirmed as rubbish, those in the know what I am on about.

Mark

Thing is we are going to be away from home a lot this season :) against teams that are doing well. We have one victory away against a very poor Northampton side. We are crying out for someone who can hold the ball up front and bring others in to the game. Brooker and Jevons cant play that role, and both are being found out a bit this season. As Johnson has shipped out the only player that can hold the ball up (to Yeovil) he is going to have to spend some cash on a player who can. We cant get any consistant pressure on the oppisition in games, Surely Johnson and his coaching staff must be able to see this :o

Thing is we are going to be away from home a lot this season :) against teams that are doing well. We have one victory away against a very poor Northampton side. We are crying out for someone who can hold the ball up front and bring others in to the game. Brooker and Jevons cant play that role, and both are being found out a bit this season. As Johnson has shipped out the only player that can hold the ball up (to Yeovil) he is going to have to spend some cash on a player who can. We cant get any consistant pressure on the oppisition in games, Surely Johnson and his coaching staff must be able to see this :o

Great thread PB, we def need a holding player.

Who its going to be , well, will have to wait and see mate

I quite agree Portland. The ball will come back at us quickly if we are unable to hold it up in the forward line.

The signing of Jeavons always amazed me as once we had let go of McCammon we clearly needed another player of similar ilk and stature (only better if possible) before any other forward was bought in, however the signing of Enoch may have been an attempt to bring that kind of player in.

In this league winning the ball first time from Dead balls and knocks forward is paramount and this in turn assists the forwards bringing in the midfield players with second phase ball, this in turn should lead to goals and chances for both the strikers and midfield players in attacking areas.

Simple one might think and what was clearly happening with our side when we were on a good run in the second half of last season. So what has changed

I'm not quite sure except to say

1 Enoch is injured

2 Brooker is in jail

3 Brooker and Jeavons have similar attributes and have found it difficult to play off each other (I personally believe judging by what has`been said in the past niether player wants to act as a target man)

4 Our delivery to the front two is not accurate enough (Another reason why we should have a bigger target) but no great change their

5 Circumstances (both Frampton and Stewart offers came in simultaneously and the club needed to make a decision quickly and as we were not in a position to keep 2m out of Steves pocket due to the ammount the club owes him we were not in a position to turn it down...GJ hates Marcus so that deal was a given...And then the Idiot three were sent to jail leaving us light every where)

The fact is this stuff is all bloody typical City since 1982

In my opinion if Enoch is available soon GJ will pair him and Mr Jeavons he may well then move Mr Myra-Williams to the wing to provide some much needed pace on the wide.

The biggest issue going forward is once the idiot three get out of jail how quickly can Orr and Brooker be match fit...Both physically and mentally as clearly niether were mentally ready for the start of the season as events and form have shown us....

So don't panic get through the next two weeks hopefully pick up four points from the next two games and start the season then is my advice...We can bring in another lump forward if Enoch is unable to fulfil that role in a couple of weeks.....

As for Marcus....I am personally gutted that it didn't work out...I adore players that want to play for us above all else and that is probably what underlies Marcus's comments to and about GJ....GJ on the other hand is not prepared to put up with players that question his methods (ala McIndoe) so as much as it pains me I don't think we will see marcus in a red 1st team shirt again....

Sorry for wittering on Redoxo

I aint getting into a heated debate bout Stewart again Lord, but your quite happy to see the club spend another load dosh on another loan donkey!

We wont find the right player out there on loan, it will be another bus ticket for some jorneyman again

But i don't think MS is the "right" sort of player as you put it mark.

I don't see what MS can bring to the party which we havent already got in the current options. We need a target man, not a short player who can sniff around the box like Jevo, Williams, and Stewy.

However people view the MS situtation and regardless of what side you land on, he is not going to be in City 1st XI again. And after what people say about the dressing room incident, he shouldnt be involved.

Within reason wages shouldnt come in to the decision of whether a player should be involved or not.

If we have to pay £2500 a week just to get a bad apple out in the short term (as GJ obv sees it) then i don't see a problem.

whether Stewart is the perfect solution or not is not the point. At present we need some options and with several clubs having been stolen from the bag and the Enoch wood at the menders Stewart would be a useful club to have but Johnson chose to give him away.

Crazy!!

Aint that the truth!! Yet another Fagan type in, WONDERFUL!

This whole sorry saga is gettin on my t1ts!! This should have been sorted in the summer, and rather than play another donkey ala Fagan (Most likely event) we may as well play Stewart, and he may put himself in the shop window, for us to cut the Goddamn wage bill, as a short term solution.

Ridiculous waste of money all this loanee carp of Johnsons :ranting:

Aint that the truth!! Yet another Fagan type in, WONDERFUL!

This whole sorry saga is gettin on my t1ts!! This should have been sorted in the summer, and rather than play another donkey ala Fagan (Most likely event) we may as well play Stewart, and he may put himself in the shop window, for us to cut the Goddamn wage bill, as a short term solution.

Ridiculous waste of money all this loanee carp of Johnsons :ranting:

Exactly, but people are calling for him to SPEND SPEND SPEND now with £2m. Why not wait and make sure we get the right men! Either way GJ cant win. Rush it and get accused of gettin carp in, take time and people complain he doesnt know what hes doing and that he is congerence manager!

Exactly, but people are calling for him to SPEND SPEND SPEND now with £2m. Why not wait and make sure we get the right men! Either way GJ cant win. Rush it and get accused of gettin carp in, take time and people complain he doesnt know what hes doing and that he is congerence manager!

AS Arny and all his buddies know, I'm far from a Stewart fan, but why in hell, when we're short of players, and have a team that can actually pass these days, not USE Stewart, he may get goals, have his big hurrah, and bring people through the morgue/library....sorry Ashton gate entrances and actually might bring some bloody cheer here, in this faceless club

Stewart holding the ball up, don't make me laugh, I never saw any evidence of this in the games he played last season anyway :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

BCAGFC

Stewart can hold the ball up. The problem is he's used to playing in Championship and Premiership sides with a lot more pace than we have. He can't be expected to hold up the ball long enough for our ploddy midfield to arrive. I very much doubt he'll do any better at Yeovil either.

As far as his wages are concerned, I heard we are actually paying 75%! That's crazy! Doesn't GJ realise Yeovil are in the same league as us?

My feeling is that MS desperately wasnts to play for us and is just biding his time hoping that he is still under contract when Johnson jumps or is pushed!

Archived