IGNORED

Like It Or Not

Dolman Block B

Stewart can hold the ball up. The problem is he's used to playing in Championship and Premiership sides with a lot more pace than we have. He can't be expected to hold up the ball long enough for our ploddy midfield to arrive. I very much doubt he'll do any better at Yeovil either.

As far as his wages are concerned, I heard we are actually paying 75%! That's crazy! Doesn't GJ realise Yeovil are in the same league as us?

My feeling is that MS desperately wasnts to play for us and is just biding his time hoping that he is still under contract when Johnson jumps or is pushed!

well he is under contract till the end of the season, that won't be renewed at current state of play. We would probably have to go down before Johnson leaves, SL is backing him totally and rightly so.

No one player is bigger than the Manager or the Club.

if it was straight choice of Johnson or Stewart - I know who I would choose! Johnson - HANDS DOWN WINNER

well he is under contract till the end of the season, that won't be renewed at current state of play. We would probably have to go down before Johnson leaves, SL is backing him totally and rightly so.

if it was straight choice of Johnson or Stewart - I know who I would choose! Johnson - HANDS DOWN WINNER

There is always the possibility that Johnson could jack it in or be poached by another club. He looked pretty stressed on the local news the other day, and that was after we'd won. I think he underestimated the enormity of the job here.

Stewart is coming to the end of his playing career and, looking to the future, his ideal job would be to manage the club he loves. No one player is bigger than the manager, but no manager is bigger than the club.

By the way, this isn't a call for Marcus as manager, just a suggestion as to what his line of thinking might be in light of his recent comments.

Totally agree. Stewart didn't ever try to be though.

No one manager is bigger than the club either.

I'm not convinced that GJ has put the interests of the club ahead of his personal feelings as much as I would expect so far.

You can't look at our bench against Tranmere with our only attacking option being throwing on a centre half lacking match fitness up front and tell me that the experienced ex Premiership striker doing well for Yeovil wouldn't have been of some use.

Stewart can hold the ball up. The problem is he's used to playing in Championship and Premiership sides with a lot more pace than we have. He can't be expected to hold up the ball long enough for our ploddy midfield to arrive. I very much doubt he'll do any better at Yeovil either.

As far as his wages are concerned, I heard we are actually paying 75%! That's crazy! Doesn't GJ realise Yeovil are in the same league as us?

My feeling is that MS desperately wasnts to play for us and is just biding his time hoping that he is still under contract when Johnson jumps or is pushed!

Where did u hear that about the 75% wages bit DF?

If thats true, that is a total joke by the City.

Saying that, if as people say MS is on £5000 a week, then that means Yeovil are paying say £1250 a week, and so i guess that would be about the max Yeovil would stump up for any player.

City paying £3750 a week for a player NOT at the club is mental, and i don't care what anyone else thinks....

Where did u hear that about the 75% wages bit DF?

If thats true, that is a total joke by the City.

Saying that, if as people say MS is on £5000 a week, then that means Yeovil are paying say £1250 a week, and so i guess that would be about the max Yeovil would stump up for any player.

City paying £3750 a week for a player NOT at the club is mental, and i don't care what anyone else thinks....

I think I read it in the Western Daily Press but it makes sense of the figures. It's common knowledge that Yeovil don't pay the best wages and even £1250 a week would probably make him their highest earner.

I think I read it in the Western Daily Press but it makes sense of the figures. It's common knowledge that Yeovil don't pay the best wages and even £1250 a week would probably make him their highest earner.

Well if thats right DF i think its a total poor deal, and quite sad that it was allowed to go through.

Yeovil must be laughing their rollocks off

Totally agree. Stewart didn't ever try to be though.

No one manager is bigger than the club either.

I'm not convinced that GJ has put the interests of the club ahead of his personal feelings as much as I would expect so far.

to be fair it wasn't a dig at stewart, more at a certain section of fans, who seem to think Stewart is more important than Johnson,

my personal view is

I think johnson has put his personal feelings ahead of the club in some aspects, but when player shows a total lack of respect to the manager then he has to be dealt with. The manager has to stamp his authority on the squad and show who is boss,

I think it is very much a case of they need there heads banging together, though in fairness GJ has probably said if you make personal apology for your views we will consider the case closed, GJ has since said he has no problem but I think unless the player is willing to accept who is boss and apologise for his actions he won't be accepted back into the squad. Unfortunatly Stewart's comments when he joined yeovil just showed a utter lack of respect for his boss and a key sign as to where the problems lie.

if someone does that they stand no chance and only have themself to blame

to be fair it wasn't a dig at stewart, more at a certain section of fans, who seem to think Stewart is more important than Johnson,

my personal view is

I think johnson has put his personal feelings ahead of the club in some aspects, but when player shows a total lack of respect to the manager then he has to be dealt with. The manager has to stamp his authority on the squad and show who is boss,

I think it is very much a case of they need there heads banging together, though in fairness GJ has probably said if you make personal apology for your views we will consider the case closed, GJ has since said he has no problem but I think unless the player is willing to accept who is boss and apologise for his actions he won't be accepted back into the squad. Unfortunatly Stewart's comments when he joined yeovil just showed a utter lack of respect for his boss and a key sign as to where the problems lie.

I don't think you are too far away from the truth here.

I did notice, after Orr was sent off recently, that GJ said Orr had apologised to both him and the other players etc. He also said he had received a written apology from him too. I thought it was a bit strange, but if that is the expected thing to do maybe Stewart hasn't put pen to paper??? :dunno:

That's one way of doing it, but respect goes both ways. The description I've heard of the incident between them does not leave Johnson blameless.

I think it is very much a case of they need there heads banging together,

Yep

though in fairness GJ has probably said if you make personal apology for your views we will consider the case closed,

Quite the opposite. He's made it very clear that MS has no future at the club and has done so since very early in his tenure here regardless of what he says publicly.

GJ has since said he has no problem but I think unless the player is willing to accept who is boss and apologise for his actions he won't be accepted back into the squad. Unfortunatly Stewart's comments when he joined yeovil just showed a utter lack of respect for his boss and a key sign as to where the problems lie.

Frankly, GJ been telling porkies in the press. He never had any intention of giving MS the same chance as other members of the squad because he doesn't like having an older player earning that much money.

Stewart has kept his mouth shut until now. I guess that now the situation is quite clearly irredemable he has no reason to any longer. I'm actually surprised at how restrained both he and Phillips have been given the skeletons they could drag out.

Ask yourself which came first - the outburst from Stewart in the press or the obvious 9 months of freezing out?

I've no problem with GJ thinking that Stewart isn't what he wants footballing wise, fair enough. I've a problem with us pissing money away on a striker playing for Yeovil when we have two of ours injured and no attacking options on the bench for what appears to be the sole reason of the manager's ego.

Stewart has played for managers like Burley, Reid and McCarthy without incident. GJ has fallen out with McIndoe, Stewart, Phillips, Bridges, Heywood.... what's the common factor?

Stewart has played for managers like Burley, Reid and McCarthy without incident. GJ has fallen out with McIndoe, Stewart, Phillips, Bridges, Heywood.... what's the common factor?

when exactly did GJ fall out with Bridges and Heywood? Bridges want to go back up north, and Heywood wasn't going to get in the team over Fontaine and Carey quite simply and felt in McCombe he had a better prospect than heywood.

so by my reckoning that's just 2 city players, Phillips is a well known moaner full stop.

McIndoe - that's yeovil business, one player over 4 seasons ain't too bad!

when exactly did GJ fall out with Bridges and Heywood? Bridges want to go back up north, and Heywood wasn't going to get in the team over Fontaine and Carey quite simply and felt in McCombe he had a better prospect than heywood.

so by my reckoning that's just 2 city players, Phillips is a well known moaner full stop.

Heywood was frozen out for bad mouthing the boss, Bridges was cold shouldered despite begging to play and did not want to return to the north in the least, much less drop to the bottom league.

Bridges made it abuntantly clear he wanted to play for BCFC, he came out publicly and said so. He literally begged GJ to give him a chance to prove himself, and said he would do everything to get into the team. So to say that at this point he did not want to play for City is simply not true. I imagen when he realised that GJ had no intention of giving any opportunity, it was then he decided he would move clubs and go back up north. GJ didnt give him the chance he wanted, Carlisle did and we know what happened from there. He scores a sh** load of goals for them, played a large part in their promotion and subsequently made them 325,000 pounds and moved into the championship. Good work GJ.

Where have you been :dunno: ?Johnson wouldnt play Bridges. He told us Bridges was injured, but people who spoke to him( Bridges) in the williams at the time were told "no i am fit and want to play but he ( Johnson) wont pick me. There was a funny piece on sky sports news last year when Bridges and the Carlisle manager were joking about the fact Bridges had a bigger car than him. The reference being that it ( allegedly!) upset Johnson that Bridges had a better car than him .Heywood wasnt one of Johnsons signings so i think that says it all. Why would we want to get rid of a centre half who is perfect for this division. I also read he took a big pay cut to get away?.

All in all the impression i get from Johnson is he doesnt like players who have done more in the game than himself, he seems to want yes men who will look up to him (thats hard in itself mind :rolleyes: ).

yes, he scored alot of goals in League 2, but what exactly has had he done for Carlise this season? and how many has he scored for Hull so far? the main reason Bridges went was Salary and because of his contract, if he played 20 contract was automatically extended for another year, at the time Bridges wasn't exactly setting the world alot.

Heywood was let go because he got McCombe in who he feels is a better player/prospect, also because of his fitness record which even prior to us was never the best. The main reason overall was because at city he wasn't going to get into the team over fontaine and carey and at Brentford he would play each week.

yes, he scored alot of goals in League 2, but what exactly has had he done for Carlise this season? and how many has he scored for Hull so far? the main reason Bridges went was Salary and because of his contract, if he played 20 contract was automatically extended for another year, at the time Bridges wasn't exactly setting the world alot.

Bridges was on an average first team salary nothing exhorbitant at all. I agree his contract was a factor in letting him go but tell me honestly - do you really think Jevons is any better or that he'd have done any worse than Savage? Given our current straits, an extra year was no reason at all to let it be a problem. Bridges had a first class attitude and was apparently a very hard trainer, he was short of match sharpness that the manager wasn't prepared to give him and never got a real chance here.

Heywood was let go because he got McCombe in who he feels is a better player/prospect, also because of his fitness record which even prior to us was never the best. The main reason overall was because at city he wasn't going to get into the team over fontaine and carey and at Brentford he would play each week.

His injury record prior to us was excellent, averaging over 40 games a season for the previous four years. The idea that he was injury prone is a complete misconception arising from Bristol Boy posting some extremely dubious statistics including the time at Grimsby at the start of his career when he was not a first team regular. He had one knock and one reasonably serious injury with us but given his excellent record for the previous four seasons there was no reason to worry about that. And signing Weale is a little inconsistent with that idea no?

Heywood was let go because he was happy to speak up (constructively) when he felt something was wrong, and had a bit of a bitch in the director's box at Swindon about his new boss when we didn't have a game on and word got back.

I admire your faith bh_red but it's based on incorrect info. The current manager appears to have a problem dealing with strong characters, which in itself isn't a big deal, but when it's leading to us paying a proven goalscorer to play for a rival when we have one fit senior striker it is a problem.

Well hes just been bought for £350.000 by a championship manager who obviously knows a thing or two about football. But i guess you think the correct decision was to just give him away to Carlisle and let them have the £350.000 ?

Well hes just been bought for £350.000 by a championship manager who obviously knows a thing or two about football. But i guess you think the correct decision was to just give him away to Carlisle and let them have the £350.000 ?

at the time, it was a case of just getting him off the wage bill and the only way around it was to cancel his contract by mutual consent, at the time it looked like a wise move, but these things always come back to bite you. hindsight is a wonderful thing.

at the time, it was a case of just getting him off the wage bill and the only way around it was to cancel his contract by mutual consent, at the time it looked like a wise move, but these things always come back to bite you. hindsight is a wonderful thing.

No mate, Gary Johnson wanted to get rid of him, end of.

Well maybe he should have got in? He,s played every game at Brentford this season, they are forth and have not lost a single game so far. They,ve let in only 7 goals, looks like they have a good defense, one that Matty Heywood is a major part of. Mind you i doubt brentford have their defense shuffled around left right and centre, before and during games, or have to concentrate on runners from midfield that are being tracked.

the Stewart issue is bound to raise its head again in the coming days, on the back of last nights poor performance.

Ok, befire you start, its me thats brought it up again.

This morning I'm just trying to get mty head round the whole Stewart/Yeovil deal.

Right then,with Brooker and Showunmi unavailable for the forseeable future, the City boss is thinking about a move in the loan market (Johnsons words not mine).

So were paying half of Stewarts Yeovil wage (say £2500).

Another loan striker going cost us £2500/£3000 a week?

Surely, you all must agree that the deal to let Marcus go, so early in the season is now unjust?

This is more a business type thread, not another Stewart plee!!!!!!!!!

But, he WOULD be playing tuesday night now, for sure.

What good loan players are out there?

Journey men, weve tampered with before, never any good.

Your thoughts only, and don't give me a hard time..please :(

BRING HIM BACK!

BRING HIM BACK!

No rush, we'll gladly keep him thanks.

His positional play and his movement especially against Forest was IMO superb, and after a couple more games once he his to 100% he will be the signing of the season :pray:

For which all I can say is thank you Mr Johnson and thank you Mr Lansdown for letting us have him for a bargain £1500 a week (as rumoured down here)

No rush, we'll gladly keep him thanks.

His positional play and his movement especially against Forest was IMO superb, and after a couple more games once he his to 100% he will be the signing of the season :pray:

For which all I can say is thank you Mr Johnson and thank you Mr Lansdown for letting us have him for a bargain £1500 a week (as rumoured down here)

I'd like to think you're just getting him match fit for us, but with your pig-headed ex-manager filling our club with his yes-men I can't see him coming back. I only hope he makes such an impression that a bigger club than you (let's face it there aren't many smaller!) comes in for him and we at least get something back. The way Johnson has wasted the talents of Stewart and Bridges is criminal!

I only hope he makes such an impression that a bigger club than you (let's face it there aren't many smaller!) comes in for him and we at least get something back. The way Johnson has wasted the talents of Stewart and Bridges is criminal!

Hasn't MS said that he wants to stay in the Westcountry? Which leaves a choice from you, us, rovers, Cheltenham, Swindon and maybe down to Exeter, Torquay and Plymouth.

While Mr Johnson is with you, he won't be playing for you no matter what. Unless he wants to drop to League 2,or below, it leaves Plymouth (Too far?), Cheltenham (got to be smaller than us :dunno: ) and us.

To me we are the only logical choice for Marcus, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him offered a Player/Coach role which I am lead to believe is a path Marcus is interested in

Hasn't MS said that he wants to stay in the Westcountry? Which leaves a choice from you, us, rovers, Cheltenham, Swindon and maybe down to Exeter, Torquay and Plymouth.

While Mr Johnson is with you, he won't be playing for you no matter what. Unless he wants to drop to League 2,or below, it leaves Plymouth (Too far?), Cheltenham (got to be smaller than us :dunno: ) and us.

To me we are the only logical choice for Marcus, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him offered a Player/Coach role which I am lead to believe is a path Marcus is interested in

Plymouth might be too far on your tractor mate but I'm sure Marcus can find something a bit faster than that! If you're right about him wanting to be a player/coach he'd be better off in a high-spending club with ambition (like Weymouth for instance) than with you.

Plymouth might be too far on your tractor mate but I'm sure Marcus can find something a bit faster than that! If you're right about him wanting to be a player/coach he'd be better off in a high-spending club with ambition (like Weymouth for instance) than with you.

Gee, your a friendly chap aint ya? What's the matter the stress of supporting BC getting to you? Or is it just you fighting the urges to change to the Hoops?

Anyway, in response to your post, from Kingswood it's at least 2 hours to Plymouth, so a round trip of at least 4 hours to train/play, would you travel that far? As for Weymouth, they'll have gone bust by the end of this season so lets count them out

Gee, your a friendly chap aint ya? What's the matter the stress of supporting BC getting to you? Or is it just you fighting the urges to change to the Hoops?

Anyway, in response to your post, from Kingswood it's at least 2 hours to Plymouth, so a round trip of at least 4 hours to train/play, would you travel that far? As for Weymouth, they'll have gone bust by the end of this season so lets count them out

Just a bit of banter mate. Not stressed just angry that you've got yourselves a Championship standard striker who's wages we are pretty much entirely paying while we're struggling to buy a goal.

And yes, I'd be prepared to travel 2 hours to work. It can take that long to get from one side of our fair city to the other during the rush hour!

Are you getting a bit twitchy at Weymouth creeping up behind you? Best start by a west-country club this season.

Archived