IGNORED

Like It Or Not

Dolman Block B

Marcus Stewart the BEST striker at BCFC, don't make me laugh, even the stats don't back you up.

Enoch Showunmi 7appearances(5+2) 4 goals Strike/Rate 57.14 %

Phil Jevons 12appearances(11+1) 5 goals S/R 41.66 %

Marcus Stewart while at BCFC 28appearances(17+11) 5 goals S/R 17.85 %

Again BEST is just your (and the MS3s') opinion.

BCAGFC

Are you honestly saying that our manager (who has got us to 1 point off the top and playing great football) is so incompetent that he'd leave the best striker we have out of the team?

Let alone at a time when we're short of options?

And that there hasn't been a bust up of sorts?

If he's as good as you say (personally I've seen no evidence to back that up from his time at city) then there must have been a bust up with the manager to the extent that there's no way back for him

OR

The manager thinks he's not worth keeping on our books due to his lack of compatibility with the way we play.

Either way, we're doing ok, so what's the problem?

Personally I rate woodman (say), but the team's doing great so I don't keep on harping on and on and on and on and on about it!

And how does your opinion on him being the best make it factual? Even if you type it in capitals? These things are subjective.

The only objective way you can measure it is to see how the team does over a long period with all other things being equal with the player in and out of the squad.

There's not many objective ways you can back up that argument is there? And there's certainly enough points won since he's been gone to weakly infer the argument against you.

The other thing to consider is that GJ has to build a team for the future. What's the point in playing MS who probably only has this season in him (and even if he could manage another one - why should we extend his contract on those wages?) when he can integrate another player who will be with us for at least next year?

At the moment he's an expensive luxury who could be taking up a position in the team at the expense of another cheaper more cost effective player coming through for the future - why would you want him in that position?

Do you want City to succeed or Marcus?

You don't have to fill up a whole page.I think Stewart is better than any other striker we have at this club. Thats my opinion and you WONT :whistle: change it.

1974, Yes thats how long i have been going to City, does that answer your last point. Cheeky s0d :ranting:

Sounds to me as we should recall MS.............and play him in our reserves!! Removes Yeovils challenge and helps our cause.

Roger, come on, the point is we are paying for him to play for another f##### team in our league.

Joke mate, and in the e post tonight R Slade wants to keep him for the rest of the season!!!!!

Of course Yeovil are loving it.

Personally i think its garbage, chucking money away, i just wish most on here would understand.

£3500 a week to YEOVIL FC BANK A/C NO ...........

to play a lad on Citys books.

Rollocks

Marcus Stewart the BEST striker at BCFC, don't make me laugh, even the stats don't back you up.

Enoch Showunmi 7appearances(5+2) 4 goals Strike/Rate 57.14 %

Phil Jevons 12appearances(11+1) 5 goals S/R 41.66 %

Marcus Stewart while at BCFC 28appearances(17+11) 5 goals S/R 17.85 %

Again BEST is just your (and the MS3s') opinion.

BCAGFC

don't think its possible to make you laugh. What is it with you and statistics :dunno: . Whose that Ukranian bloke who plays up front for Chelsea :whistle: hasnt scored many this year has he......must be crap :whistle:

Try this then M Stewart 3 goals in the last 5? games

S Brooker 1 goal all season (deflected)

S Brown 3 goals in 5?

You cant be selective in your stats pal,S Brown up front for you tomorrow then??????

By the way whats that (ms3)?? Three of you hate him now do they :dunno: . Theres a hell of a lot of people who i talk to who think hes still top class, and hes PROVING it at Yeovil.

That must be so hard for you to take ......seeing him score for fun :D:D:D

don't think its possible to make you laugh. What is it with you and statistics :dunno: . Whose that Ukranian bloke who plays up front for Chelsea :whistle: hasnt scored many this year has he......must be crap :whistle:

S Brown 3 goals in 5?

You cant be selective in your stats pal,S Brown up front for you tomorrow then??????

By the way whats that (ms3)?? Three of you hate him now do they :dunno: . Theres a hell of a lot of people who i talk to who think hes still top class, and hes PROVING it at Yeovil.

PB, read my thread just behind yours mate, some of these a.......... on here will never learn

Legend

S Brown 3 goals in 5?

Class thread PB........... :clap:

I think we're playing really well but injuries and lack of striking options will catch up with us soon.

I am first and foremost a City fan (just voted for Scott Brown for PFA ward you all should too) they are not mutually exclusive.

I don't know what happened around the time of the handgrenade incident and I'm guessing that applies to 99% of us on the forum but what I do know is that the squad is stronger with Stewy in it rather than banging them in for one of our rivals.

Yeovil are a stronger squad with him there and we would be too.

Never say never in football but he couldn't have been more frozen out than he has been.

And to all the people who want us to stop talking about Marcus, well, as soon as we stop paying his wages whilst he plays for a rival team thats when I will stop posting about him.

Will catch up with us soon!!!!!!!!!!

Best comment of the night.

PB, read my thread just behind yours mate, some of these a.......... on here will never learn

Legend

Class thread PB........... :clap:

Alright mate,it must be so hard for them to take when hes banging in the goals and being voted man of the match every week. :D :razz:

Have you noticed how they are SO desperate now that they are trying to question our loyalty to City :innocent06:

Top class players never lose it mate :juggle::juggle:

Alright mate,it must be so hard for them to take when hes banging in the goals and being voted man of the match every week. :D :razz:

Have you noticed how they are SO desperate now that they are trying to question our loyalty to City :innocent06:

Bit like the fans who have been there, seen it, and done it. City for life, but these Marcus slaters are women in disguise! Know sweet fa about football mate.

PS i want BCFC up this year, like you wont belive.

After 30+ years of seen the most of what goes on at the Gate, i want promotion big time.

But some of these MS haters on here got to get a life.

He,s doing exactly what i thought he would at Yeovil.

I KNOW he is now taking the p### out of his former manager.

I sincerley hope he does not rub it in our faces..Legend

I think you'll find that most of the people on here don't hate Marcus Stewart - after all they've got no reason not to apart from a little disappointment from his performance here after all the hype.

Speaking for the other posters, we're just behind the team and recognise that it's the team that matters, not one particular player. And as such we're finding the constant negativity and sniping because of one largely ineffectual team player initially amusing and ultimately tiresome, tedious and illogical.

Many posters on here have taken the time to make posts with some element of reasoning, some even trying to use statistics to back them up and have asked pertinent questions in order to try and understand where you're coming from.

All your replies pretty much amount to ignoring those question and jibes at idiots who don't don't love MS for the reason other than he's the 'best'. If a forum is for reasoned debate, then you're completely undermining it. Sure, have a differing opinion but you've got to be prepared to back it up other than with 'because it is' if you're going to contribute to the forum being anything other than a childish playground arena.

And I do question your loyalty when the manager is being labelled an idiot when we're doing well. Clearly MS's inclusion is more important to you than City doing well. After all, if City doing well was the overriding concern, you wouldn't be so unhappy would you?

Coming since 1974 doesn't prove a thing in terms of support. Perhaps it's become a habit for you - to see some mates or something, because to me being a supporter means supporting the team and being passionate about city doing well. Having doubts and raising constructive criticism doesn't undermine that, but constant sniping about management about players who clearly are no longer part of team (who are doing well - have you noticed by the way?) does in my book.

Bit like the fans who have been there, seen it, and done it. City for life, but these Marcus slaters are women in disguise! Know sweet fa about football mate.

PS i want BCFC up this year, like you wont belive.

After 30+ years of seen the most of what goes on at the Gate, i want promotion big time.

But some of these MS haters on here got to get a life.

He,s doing exactly what i thought he would at Yeovil.

I KNOW he is now taking the p### out of his former manager.

I sincerley hope he does not rub it in our faces..Legend

:laugh: this woman in disguise is not a M.S 8er, although I say again he has had enough chances to perform on the pitch as well as of it; it is about from what I can gather who is in charge here.

He obviously thinks he should be 1st on the team sheet every week whatever and G.J dosent.He can be his "big fish in a small pond" at Yeovil.

Maybe you should check your spelling as well as others you pick on. "belive" :disapointed2se: :razz:

:laugh: this woman in disguise is not a M.S 8er, although I say again he has had enough chances to perform on the pitch as well as of it; it is about from what I can gather who is in charge here.

He obviously thinks he should be 1st on the team sheet every week whatever and G.J dosent.He can be his "big fish in a small pond" at Yeovil.

Maybe you should check your spelling as well as others you pick on. "belive" :disapointed2se: :razz:

We are third in the laeague could go top today yet we are still talking about a 33 year old striker on his last legs, wake up people.

Thanks GL :razz: Look at the time of the post. Was after the six blackthorns or so, so thats allowed.

Good point though matey :shifty:

We are third in the laeague could go top today yet we are still talking about a 33 year old striker on his last legs, wake up people.

Wont go away till he hangs up his boots end of the season thou Ralph, and certainly as long as he,s banging in the goals, getting man of match awards, and BRISTOL CITY ARE PAYING HIS WAGES :crying:

Hope u sort of understand

Thanks GL :razz: Look at the time of the post. Was after the six blackthorns or so, so thats allowed.

Good point though matey :shifty:

Wont go away till he hangs up his boots end of the season thou Ralph, and certainly as long as he,s banging in the goals, getting man of match awards, and BRISTOL CITY ARE PAYING HIS WAGES :crying:

Hope u sort of understand

all i am saying is lets concentrate on the people who are here instead of those that aren't, i agree it is a shambles that if yeovil want him they should be paying for him though mate.

Your chirpy smorn Mr GL!!!!!!

Must ad yer leg over, or ad a gallon or so last night.... :D

Nah both of them are really boring :o just getting through life one step at a time. (and not to seriously)

I think you'll find that most of the people on here don't hate Marcus Stewart - after all they've got no reason not to apart from a little disappointment from his performance here after all the hype.

Speaking for the other posters, we're just behind the team and recognise that it's the team that matters, not one particular player. And as such we're finding the constant negativity and sniping because of one largely ineffectual team player initially amusing and ultimately tiresome, tedious and illogical.

Many posters on here have taken the time to make posts with some element of reasoning, some even trying to use statistics to back them up and have asked pertinent questions in order to try and understand where you're coming from.

All your replies pretty much amount to ignoring those question and jibes at idiots who don't don't love MS for the reason other than he's the 'best'. If a forum is for reasoned debate, then you're completely undermining it. Sure, have a differing opinion but you've got to be prepared to back it up other than with 'because it is' if you're going to contribute to the forum being anything other than a childish playground arena.

And I do question your loyalty when the manager is being labelled an idiot when we're doing well. Clearly MS's inclusion is more important to you than City doing well. After all, if City doing well was the overriding concern, you wouldn't be so unhappy would you?

Coming since 1974 doesn't prove a thing in terms of support. Perhaps it's become a habit for you - to see some mates or something, because to me being a supporter means supporting the team and being passionate about city doing well. Having doubts and raising constructive criticism doesn't undermine that, but constant sniping about management about players who clearly are no longer part of team (who are doing well - have you noticed by the way?) does in my book.

I don't really care what you think, if you have half an hour to sit at your computer and all you can do is worry about what i think thats up to you :dunno: Theres a playground jibe for you :whistle: .

We have been on this subject for a long time now.I have been consistant,showed statitics etc etc.Some people on here just don't like others having an opinion.Mine is that M Stewart is a class act. If you don't think i support City thats up to you, I'm not worried :juggle::juggle:

Oh and by the way when was it up to YOU to decide how a debate is conducted. :dunno:

Yeovil are currently second on goal average.

Today at the 88th minute, Marcus Stewart gave the assist for Yeovils winning goal.

I don't care what the name of the player is, but it has to be a mind blowing stroke of nonsense to pay a player to help another team get in front of you.

Especially in a tight promotion race, and we are only 5 points from mid table.

It is crazy, that we're subsisizing a direct rival, not only by loaning them the player, but actually to be paying what is widely recognized (Not confirmed) as half said players wages. Regardless of players name/status/standing!!

Only in the wacky world of SL & GJ could this be possible. Its bloody crazy!

What your suggesting though Megansdad is that we pay £5k a week for a 5th choice striker who upsets the morale of the dressing room.

Granted we might be paying half of that for no striker at all but we are avoiding any problems with morale and clearing up room to give one of our brightest prospects an extended run in the team.

There's also the fans aspect because as long as Marcus is here, there will be some who just won't shut up about Stewie everytime we lose or draw.

Oh, hold on, that's happening on this thread and he ain't even at the club!! :doh:

No, simple, either Yeovil pays ALL his wages, or he don't play for them. subsisizing a rival, is not really very intelligent is it. Who it is is irrelevant! Its crazy fianaces!

I don't really care what you think, if you have half an hour to sit at your computer and all you can do is worry about what i think thats up to you :dunno: Theres a playground jibe for you :whistle: .

We have been on this subject for a long time now.I have been consistant,showed statitics etc etc.Some people on here just don't like others having an opinion.Mine is that M Stewart is a class act. If you don't think i support City thats up to you, I'm not worried :juggle::juggle:

Oh and by the way when was it up to YOU to decide how a debate is conducted. :dunno:

Brilliant PB.

Just listened in to a Yeovil fans reaction to their win at Brentford.

Asked what has R Slade done to put their team 2nd in the league.

Reply, simple MARCUS STEWART and if Bristol is willing to let him come to us for nothing then we,ll take it.

App class act again today, everything revolves around the guy.

Note, no stupid comments from Yeovil fans bout his drinking problems, just 100% praise.

Heartbreaking really cause he should have the RED shirt on.

When Marcus first went there on loan I said something along the lines of, its good that he will be getting experience in the shop window playing for a team that, lets face it, aren't going to be promotion rivals.

God I feel stupid now... bring him back, SL, especially since all our strikers seem to be breaking down intermittently ...

When Marcus first went there on loan I said something along the lines of, its good that he will be getting experience in the shop window playing for a team that, lets face it, aren't going to be promotion rivals.

God I feel stupid now... bring him back, SL, especially since all our strikers seem to be breaking down intermittently ...

Read my thread mucker sarts "like it or not".

God we could done with a Stewart out there today, and as i said, he will come back to bite us all, especially Mr Johnson

Yeovil are currently second on goal average.

Today at the 88th minute, Marcus Stewart gave the assist for Yeovils winning goal.

I don't care what the name of the player is, but it has to be a mind blowing stroke of nonsense to pay a player to help another team get in front of you.

Especially in a tight promotion race, and we are only 5 points from mid table.

You don't want him back anyway !! :razz:

But we are so greatful to you for his wages, roll on Nov4th :D

"Walking in a Marcus wonderland"

Archived