IGNORED

Like It Or Not

Dolman Block B

When are you going to give this Stewart/drink thing up. :dunno:

Are you denying that Stewart is a pisshead?

Johnson doesn't want 'social players' for the last frickin' time. I don't care if Stewart is the fittest man on the planet, he is a social hand-grenade and a (potential) disruptive influence to other players in the dressing room.

There is no place for him at BCFC presently. That said, his form for Yeovil is a slight concern and we've got to be strong and ruthless when he comes back in early November and tell Yeovil that unless they stump up his full wages they can **** off. Consequently, they will of course have to piss off as they can't afford him.

Johnson doesn't want 'social players' for the last frickin' time. I don't care if Stewart is the fittest man on the planet, he is a social hand-grenade and a (potential) disruptive influence to other players in the dressing room.

There is no place for him at BCFC presently. That said, his form for Yeovil is a slight concern and we've got to be strong and ruthless when he comes back in early November and tell Yeovil that unless they stump up his full wages they can **** off. Consequently, they will of course have to piss off as they can't afford him.

lansdown said today that it's not clear cut that he will join yeovil, so get the feeling that maybe a couple of other clubs would are interested in him, maybe plymouth again?

as for his form, he is a on-loan, out of contract at the end of the season and in his mid-30's? remind anyone of Dinning?

I think that’s a gross over generalisation of both sides of the argument.

Stating that “we might have made a mistake freezing him out” is fair enough, it doesn't make anyone a groupie.

I think the point I was making made a loud whooshing sound as it went straight over your head.

However when the same views are posted by the same people, day after day after day after day after day after day, it does tend to provoke an equally angry reaction from the majority who are not of the same opinion and who are fed up hearing the same story.

I'm sorry? The same views are being posted by the same people day after day on BOTH SIDES of this argument. Those who think GJ is right to freeze Stewart out are not quite so big a majority as you seem to think - count the posters in this thread if you don't believe that.

There's no need for angry reactions - people who aren't interested don't have to read the thread now do they?

Just because they disagree does not mean that they all think that he's a fat useless pisshead who came here to screw us out of money, disrupt the dressing room and get GJ the sack.

And just because I think it's wrong to pay him to play for a rival whilst we have two strikers out injured and are struggling in the final third doesn't mean I'm a groupie, his lovechild or a member of his idolisation society... that was the blindingly obvious point my post was making. I was objecting to the gross generalisations made by, amongst others, yourself in this thread. :doh:

In view of the recent excellent performances and subsequent results achieved by the present squad, the fact that repeated posts on MS appear to be of more importance to certain individuals does tend to give an impression of some form of obsession or idolisation.

Rubbish. We didn't create one decent goalscoring chance on Saturday, we started with one striker clearly not match fit - didn't MS set up a goal for Yeovil? It's called a different point of view, that doesn't make it an obsession or idolisation, any more than thinking GJ was right to freeze him out makes you, ashtonsmate or bh_red a pathological Stewart hating GJ lovechild.

GJ has been employed by our club to do the job in whatever way he feels best and with whatever players he feels will best do the business.

As a result I will back him totally, until he has had ample time with his own players and methods.

Me too - what I object to is that any debate about a decision he makes is seen as somehow not supporting him... totally different things for me.

I am not prepared to slag players or managers when my total involvement with them is watching, at most, one game a week. Yet I find it amazing how many experts we have on this forum who feel that their knowledge of football is greater than every other supporter, greater than the manager, and greater than the chairman, when their involvement is no more than mine.

I find it amazing that people can interpret debate on a forum as slagging off.

Be interested to hear you back that up with more than rumour.

it's well know! the bloke has always been a drinker and at fair few of his clubs fallen out with manager, being a drinker has followed him all throughout his career, and constant fall out with managers.......well he is a hartcliffe lad!

Look at his face for Christ's sake!

Constant bags under his eyes you can just tell he's been ravaged by the booze! :laugh:

OK so we know that one part of what you've posted you can't back up - how about the social hand-grenade and disruptive bit? :whistle:

it's well know! the bloke has always been a drinker and at fair few of his clubs fallen out with manager, being a drinker has followed him all throughout his career, and constant fall out with managers.......well he is a hartcliffe lad!

You're just stating more rumour as fact.

I appreciate that you say you've seen him having a drink once, pre season, when left out of the pre season tour. Personally I'd want a bit more than that before writing off a player that has scored as many goals as he has as a useless fat pisshead. Particularly when things we know as fact - the photos of him training, GJ's comments on his fitness, his running the half marathon, contradict.

OK so we know that one part of what you've posted you can't back up - how about the social hand-grenade and disruptive bit? :whistle:

You're just stating more rumour as fact.

I appreciate that you say you've seen him having a drink once, pre season, when left out of the pre season tour. Personally I'd want a bit more than that before writing off a player that has scored as many goals as he has as a useless fat pisshead. Particularly when things we know as fact - the photos of him training, GJ's comments on his fitness, his running the half marathon, contradict.

never said he was fat, personally not the only time though I've seen him out, personally believe it is totally unprofessional for any player to be out getting slaughtered during pre-season, no one is denying he is a fit player in training, but has never proved it when it matter in games

rumours have followed him around everywhere he has been about being a boozer (and other stuff) - that's just come from fans of other clubs not us,

he also had a number of fall out with management at Sunderland and Ipswich.........oh and apparently Bristol City?

I have plenty 'more' on Stewart, as do many others I'm sure, but this isn't the place to write such stuff. It's my opinion that he is waster and has no place at BCFC as I feel he is too much of a socialite and this makes him a (potential) disruptive influence.

Pictures of him training and running the half marathon don't contradict my view in the slightest. My mate ran it 20 minutes ahead of Stewart and was drinking Thatchers on the Saturday at City.

never said he was fat, personally not the only time though I've seen him out, personally believe it is totally unprofessional for any player to be out getting slaughter during pre-season

rumours have followed him around everywhere he has been about being a boozer (and other stuff) - that's just come from fans of other clubs not us,

he also had a number of fall out with management at Sunderland and Ipswich.........oh and apparently Bristol City?

Sorry - it was ashtonsmate that said fat - fair enough.

I've never heard rumours about Stewart from anyone other than on this board to be honest, nor heard that he'd had a fallout with any other manager. In fact, I've heard quite the opposite when I've asked around.

Thing is, for me it doesn't really matter. He's doing it on the pitch right now for Yeovil and we've been short of fit strikers on more than one occasion. That's enough to make me think it's not the greatest of decisions.

Anyway you know my views on it, I was really just objecting to the silliness of calling anyone who disagrees a member of the Stewart groupie idolisation lovechild society - pretty pathetic when people resort to that IMO.

end of the day he is just yet another over-paid, over-rated player who came to the club for a easy payday and was more interested on the nights on the town than actually playing football.

never remember this much fuss being made over the likes of Matthews, Peacock, Jones, Baird and such like

I have plenty 'more' on Stewart, as do many others I'm sure, but this isn't the place to write such stuff.

I see - so this is the right place to call him a socialite waster disruptive pisshead but not the right place to back it up... right...

end of the day he is just yet another over-paid, over-rated player who came to the club for a easy payday and was more interested on the nights on the town than actually playing football.

never remember this much fuss being made over the likes of Matthews, Peacock, Jones, Baird and such like

Overpaid? Yep. Overrated? By some perhaps.

Easy payday? No - he was offered two much easier and more lucrative paydays that he turned down to come here.

If he was more interested in nights on the town than playing football he wouldn't have gone on loan to Yeovil or Preston.

I see - so this is the right place to call him a socialite waster disruptive pisshead but not the right place to back it up... right...

Got it in one.

If he was more interested in nights on the town than playing football he wouldn't have gone on loan to Yeovil or Preston.

Blagdon :ph34r:

Not clever mate, but hang on a minute WOW !!!!!! Marcus Stewart scored a goal, ? REALLY, now that IS clever, he is actually doing what he gets paid for, ?

Having read the rest of your post mate , well, to say if Yeovil finish above city GJ should be sacked, well , :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br: , what is it with you MS groupies, ? get over it, the guy aint superman, he is playing ok for Yeovil so what, ? he is an ok player NOTHING MORE . Support the guys that played on saturday at ashton gate,for BRISTOL CITY , and earned a good draw against a team with similar current form as us, without the famous MS , who showed little in flashes of class when he was here, he is playing friday night against cheltenham, get down and watch him, you can bow when he runs on the pitch .

How can you say that he is an "ok" player? :blink: (did you see his goal last week?) The guy has played at the top level, his record speaks for itslef. Just exactly what problem do you have with those of us that wish to support marcus? He is a bristol lad and whats more a bristol city supporter.

Ive been home and away this season supporting bristol city, this isn't about questioning my support for the players playing regular its about supporting someone who we are paying to score goals for the opposition!! Now don't you think, given our current striker situation that someone, as you admit, with class would be far better scoring goals for us? :whistle:

Sorry - it was ashtonsmate that said fat - fair enough.

I've never heard rumours about Stewart from anyone other than on this board to be honest, nor heard that he'd had a fallout with any other manager. In fact, I've heard quite the opposite when I've asked around.

Thing is, for me it doesn't really matter. He's doing it on the pitch right now for Yeovil and we've been short of fit strikers on more than one occasion. That's enough to make me think it's not the greatest of decisions.

Anyway you know my views on it, I was really just objecting to the silliness of calling anyone who disagrees a member of the Stewart groupie idolisation lovechild society - pretty pathetic when people resort to that IMO.

he is only playing now because he is desperate to get himself a perm move,

perhaps we just go around in different circles, just speaking to other mates who I go out with, he has been out and about in bristol pretty much most the time since he left Sunderland, but as I didn't see him myself I don't try to confirm

As for manager fallout just have a little look around on google, I've just done it and found 3 results in no time!

fall out with McCarthy at Sunderland (actually headlined regarding Stewart and Anger Management?

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...12/ai_n12904872

run in's with mccarthy

http://www.a-love-supreme.com/random/stew.htm

stewart fall out with Howard Wilkinson

http://archive.thenorthernecho.co.uk/2003/4/5/97082.html

stewart in "training ground incident "and ended up with broken jaw?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...18/sfgips19.xml

perhaps we just go around in different circles, just speaking to other mates who I go out with, he has been out and about in bristol pretty much most the time since he left Sunderland, but as I didn't see him myself I don't try to confirm

As for manager fallout just have a little look around on google, I've just done it and found 3 results in no time!

Sorry bh but if all you've managed to find is Stewart scoring a hatrick after being unhappy at coming off, another article referring to the same thing containing Mick McCarthy elaborating on how badly MS wants to play first team football, and Stewart being on the receiving end of a sneaky punch, that's not really supporting your argument much. The anger management headline is a joke by the way... read the article.

MARCUS STEWART could teach courses in anger management - after a row with boss Mick McCarthy spurred him on to a magnificent first hat- trick for Sunderland.

McCarthy's men had lost all their away games this season, scoring just one goal. But in a stunning 20-minute opening they blasted three goals to leave the home side in tatters.

McCarthy revealed that Stewart was furious at being hauled off in the 1-0 defeat at Reading in Sunderland's last league game.

The manager said: "Marcus sat on the bench having a good growl. He was unhappy at being taken off and that is the way to play if you have a beef with the manager. He made his point in the right manner."

I'm sure he's a vocal player who isn't afraid to say what he thinks - what's wrong with that? It's not hard to manage.

I think the point I was making made a loud whooshing sound as it went straight over your head.

Maybe it did. I think my points have also gone straight over yours. Why does an opinion which uses "might" (and by definition is therefore not even definate) have to be repeated on a daily basis?"

I'm sorry? The same views are being posted by the same people day after day on BOTH SIDES of this argument.

Maybe so, but the initial points are from the pro-Stewart brigade which not suprisingly prompts responses from the antis.

Those who think GJ is right to freeze Stewart out are not quite so big a majority as you seem to think - count the posters in this thread if you don't believe that.

Did I quantify the size of the majority? A majority is more than a minority.

There's no need for angry reactions - people who aren't interested don't have to read the thread now do they?

Until you've read something you don't know that it's the same stuff that's been written before, unless you're psychic. Maybe you are.

And just because I think it's wrong to pay him to play for a rival whilst we have two strikers out injured and are struggling in the final third doesn't mean I'm a groupie, his lovechild or a member of his idolisation society... that was the blindingly obvious point my post was making. I was objecting to the gross generalisations made by, amongst others, yourself in this thread. :doh:

Did I actually call you a groupie, his lovechild or a member of his idilisation society? Maybe thats what you see yourself as!

It just appears to me that repeated posts stating the same point over and over again seem to have some sort of fixation on the bloke. My opinion!

Rubbish. We didn't create one decent goalscoring chance on Saturday, we started with one striker clearly not match fit - didn't MS set up a goal for Yeovil? It's called a different point of view, that doesn't make it an obsession or idolisation, any more than thinking GJ was right to freeze him out makes you, ashtonsmate or bh_red a pathological Stewart hating GJ lovechild.

So it's rubbish that we've done better and had a better team spirit since he's gone? Sorry, I must have been misinformed.

Wasn't he also at fault for the goal that Yeovil conceded?

Me too - what I object to is that any debate about a decision he makes is seen as somehow not supporting him... totally different things for me.

I find it amazing that people can interpret debate on a forum as slagging off.

I don't see repeated posts on the same subject every day as "debate". More like insisting ones opinion is right by grinding down the opposition.

Back what up?

Sorry bh but if all you've managed to find is Stewart scoring a hatrick after being unhappy at coming off, another article referring to the same thing containing Mick McCarthy elaborating on how badly MS wants to play first team football, and Stewart being on the receiving end of a sneaky punch, that's not really supporting your argument much. The anger management headline is a joke by the way... read the article.

MARCUS STEWART could teach courses in anger management - after a row with boss Mick McCarthy spurred him on to a magnificent first hat- trick for Sunderland.

McCarthy's men had lost all their away games this season, scoring just one goal. But in a stunning 20-minute opening they blasted three goals to leave the home side in tatters.

McCarthy revealed that Stewart was furious at being hauled off in the 1-0 defeat at Reading in Sunderland's last league game.

The manager said: "Marcus sat on the bench having a good growl. He was unhappy at being taken off and that is the way to play if you have a beef with the manager. He made his point in the right manner."

I'm sure he's a vocal player who isn't afraid to say what he thinks - what's wrong with that? It's not hard to manage.

that's what's got him in trouble.

think your just in denial about this so called savoiur, this was just a small selection of stuff I found looking on google for 5mins!

you wanted evidence! you got in, the bloke is an ass! came to bristol for an easy pay day, sooner he ######s off and saves this club some money to go on decent players the better

Maybe it did. I think my points have also gone straight over yours. Why does an opinion which uses "might" (and by definition is therefore not even definate) have to be repeated on a daily basis?"

What are you on about? My post you replied to was basically saying - why is it necessary to make stupid generalisations about people who have an opposing viewpoint? You missed it completely. What on earth does the definition of might have to do with it?

Maybe so, but the initial points are from the pro-Stewart brigade which not suprisingly prompts responses from the antis.

Chicken and egg. The point was it takes two sides to argue... can't whine about people with one point of view posting it when the other is doing it just as much. Waaaa waaa he did it first! Not heard that in years :)

If people tire of threads on the same subject then they should just let them die and not read or reply to them. Me, sometimes I'm bored and stuck in front of a PC for work at stupid hours so the alternative is even more boring usually.

Did I quantify the size of the majority? A majority is more than a minority.

And?

Until you've read something you don't know that it's the same stuff that's been written before, unless you're psychic. Maybe you are.

Well you seem to know that it's the same day after day, so instead of complaining about it don't read it eh?

Did I actually call you a groupie, his lovechild or a member of his idilisation society? Maybe thats what you see yourself as!

It just appears to me that repeated posts stating the same point over and over again seem to have some sort of fixation on the bloke. My opinion!

My opinion is that it's the sort of pathetic generalisation usually used by people who can't make a cogent argument.

So it's rubbish that we've done better and had a better team spirit since he's gone? Sorry, I must have been misinformed.

No it's rubbish that people who disagree with the decision to freeze out Stewart must therefore have some sort of obsession. Try reading the bit I quoted when I replied to it perhaps?

Wasn't he also at fault for the goal that Yeovil conceded?

No idea, I was watching us play not them. Find a Yeovil fan who doesn't think he's been great for them and your point might have some merit.

I don't see repeated posts on the same subject every day as "debate". More like insisting ones opinion is right by grinding down the opposition.

Hypocrisy?

Back what up?

Was a reply to someone else obviously.

that's what's got him in trouble.

think your just in denial about this so called savoiur, this was just a small selection of stuff I found looking on google for 5mins!

you wanted evidence! you got in, the bloke is an ass! came to bristol for an easy pay day, sooner he ######s off and saves this club some money to go on decent players the better

You make a half decent argument and then you resort to crap like this. Pity.

Evidence - not really, see the post you replied to. The rest is just your unfounded opinion no matter how much you repeat it.

Seems like you have given up on your "agent" Stewart theory,and surely you have not rotated 360' along with your knowledgable Yeovil friends and believe they are promotion material?

fall out with McCarthy at Sunderland (actually headlined regarding Stewart and Anger Management?

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...12/ai_n12904872

run in's with mccarthy

http://www.a-love-supreme.com/random/stew.htm

stewart fall out with Howard Wilkinson

http://archive.thenorthernecho.co.uk/2003/4/5/97082.html

stewart in "training ground incident "and ended up with broken jaw?

Thanks for doing so much research. Some fantastic pieces of info. with some brilliant Marcus Stewart accolades from his managers.Really serves to show what a first rate pro.he is with such a hunger to be involved.

Did you also note what fantastic value he gave in comparison to some of the other bigger names and transfer costs.

Once again thanks for the info.it really served to show his commitment to the game and why one should not be surprised at his success with humble Yeovil where his desire to be involved regularly could be fulfilled.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...18/sfgips19.xml

What are you on about? My post you replied to was basically saying - why is it necessary to make stupid generalisations about people who have an opposing viewpoint? You missed it completely. What on earth does the definition of might have to do with it?

You asked "Why is it that anyone who thinks that perhaps we might have made a mistake in freezing out MS is a groupie......" The question implies (by using "might") that the asker is not even sure that we have made a mistake. Why the need then to instigate the same thread virtually every day.

Chicken and egg. The point was it takes two sides to argue... can't whine about people with one point of view posting it when the other is doing it just as much. Waaaa waaa he did it first! Not heard that in years :)

I accept it takes two sides to argue but why is it the same side that alway starts the arguement? It's not surprising then that they appear fixated.

If people tire of threads on the same subject then they should just let them die and not read or reply to them. Me, sometimes I'm bored and stuck in front of a PC for work at stupid hours so the alternative is even more boring usually.

How sad!

And?

Just a reply to your knowledge of the size of the majority. I didn't quantify it. Just stated that it was a majority.

Well you seem to know that it's the same day after day, so instead of complaining about it don't read it eh?

Yes, I know it's the same day after day BECAUSE I've read it. It's difficult to know that if you don't read it.

My opinion is that it's the sort of pathetic generalisation usually used by people who can't make a cogent argument.

But of course you don't use pathetic generalisations do you?

No it's rubbish that people who disagree with the decision to freeze out Stewart must therefore have some sort of obsession. Try reading the bit I quoted when I replied to it perhaps?

No. People have a perfect right to disagree. They're perceived as having some sort of obsession when they continue to peddle the same old arguements day after day. Try reading what I wrote.

No idea, I was watching us play not them.

But wasn't it you who selectively mentioned his part in the game?

Find a Yeovil fan who doesn't think he's been great for them and your point might have some merit.

I tend not to mix with Yeovil fans. I'm more interested how our present team are performing.

Hypocrisy?

Why?

Was a reply to someone else obviously.

You make a half decent argument and then you resort to crap like this. Pity.

Evidence - not really, see the post you replied to. The rest is just your unfounded opinion no matter how much you repeat it.

- The fourth one says that Stewart suffered a broken jaw, but there is not the slightest hint that Stewart is to blame.

Rest assured it probably was. And interestingly not the only time he's recieved a slap on the training ground from one of his team mates.

Some of the stuff on here that has been written by the Stewart haters makes me embarresed to be a City fan. He is one of US...yes a City fan who has realised his dream to play for the club.

Some of us are supporting him because we believe he is still a very good player. Whats wrong with that ?. I have often wondered who the BOO BOYS are at Ashton Gate are, think i know now.

Things like pisshead etc are TOTALY out of order, ive said it before, either give us some proof or just shutup.

Not hearsay,not i saw him have a pint etc etc, we want real proof. Back up your posts with FACTS not the crap you are writing.

One last point, i bet there are far more City fans who want him than the few who come on here who have nothing but hate for the bloke. Thats what it is lads aint it, HATE :dunno:

Some of the stuff on here that has been written by the Stewart haters makes me embarresed to be a City fan. He is one of US...yes a City fan who has realised his dream to play for the club.

Some of us are supporting him because we believe he is still a very good player. Whats wrong with that ?. I have often wondered who the BOO BOYS are at Ashton Gate are, think i know now.

Things like pisshead etc are TOTALY out of order, ive said it before, either give us some proof or just shutup.

Not hearsay,not i saw him have a pint etc etc, we want real proof. Back up your posts with FACTS not the crap you are writing.

One last point, i bet there are far more City fans who want him than the few who come on here who have nothing but hate for the bloke. Thats what it is lads aint it, HATE :dunno:

I don't hate Stewart myself and it would have been nice if he had been banging in goals for us from day one. However, I do question, assuming Yeovil are prepared to do a deal with us, whether the £5K per week wages can be used more effectively on the PLAYERS we need to get promotion.

being a city fan counts for nothing?.....did you say the same about Jason Fowler? Joe Burnell? Matty Hale? if they are good enough they play, if they don't show it, they don't play

what do you want? a photo of him downing vodka? enough people on here myself included have seen him out on the beers in a right mess and people dismiss it? he is as bad as other players that have been here in the past who have been rightly hammered for this behaviour?

importantly this thread has said enough and nothing new is being said by anyway? it was quite happily sliding down the page and out of peoples minds however? you had to drag it back and just repeat yourself with nothing new,

Let it slide down the page and move on............(i've only replied to this because it is right at the top and only just after you posted, if it was half way down the page I wouldn't have bothered!)

Archived