IGNORED

Like It Or Not

Dolman Block B

IF MARCUS STEWART LOVED BRISTOL CITY LIKE HE CLAIMS HE WOULD HAVE NEGOTIATED A SETTLEMENT WITH US AND MOVED ON.

HOWEVER HE HASN'T AS HE IS QUITE HAPPY PICKING UP HIS WAGES EACH WEEK (each to their own)

AND IF HE WAS SO DAMN BRILLIANT WHY HAS NO ONE COME IN TO TRY AND SIGN HIM.

It's a shame it did not work out but that's life.

being a city fan counts for nothing?.....did you say the same about Jason Fowler? Joe Burnell? Matty Hale? if they are good enough they play, if they don't show it, they don't play.

These players werent good enough and thats why they left or were not picked.

Do you or do you not actualy realise it had nothing to do with Stewarts ability why he wasnt getting picked by Johnson ? It is/was Johnson ego that stopped him playing Stewart. Slade just picks his best players.

IF MARCUS STEWART LOVED BRISTOL CITY LIKE HE CLAIMS HE WOULD HAVE NEGOTIATED A SETTLEMENT WITH US AND MOVED ON.

HOWEVER HE HASN'T AS HE IS QUITE HAPPY PICKING UP HIS WAGES EACH WEEK (each to their own)

AND IF HE WAS SO DAMN BRILLIANT WHY HAS NO ONE COME IN TO TRY AND SIGN HIM.

It's a shame it did not work out but that's life.

Mate, WHY should he? If i offered you a settlement to stop watching City and go and watch Rovers would you ?S Landsdown sorted his wages, he could have got more elsewhere but wanted to play for the team he supports.Think you will find he could have gone to other teams because HE IS brilliant as you say, but he wants to live close to his family like we all do.

Is it not also Stewarts ego for thinking he should be picked?? Also his big player ego getting in the way of him settling his differences with GJ and playing for 'the club he loves'

Did he ever say he should be picked ? :Confused13: Given a chance perhaps :whistle:

sorry what ego? haven't seen any evidence of GJ's ego? can you back that up? No,

Did he ever say he should be picked ? :Confused13: Given a chance perhaps :whistle:

yes, when he joined yeovil, he said felt insulted by the players playing in front of him last season up front? i.e Brooker, Cotts, McCammon and Savage.....sounds like a ego problem to me! :whistle:

sorry what ego? haven't seen any evidence of GJ's ego? can you back that up? No,

Read some of the posts from Yeovils fans about him. Ask Bridges,Stewart,Heywood, Mc'indoe etc etc.Read the forum from about 4 weeks ago and you will find this was a healthy topic.

Oh and you should never answer your own question with a NO :whistle:

Did he ever say he should be picked ? Given a chance perhaps

Yes, he probably has to GJ tbh. At his age and at this stage of his career he would be wanting first team football so I am confident at some point he has said he should be playing. At the times when he was not, regardless of who was picked ahead of him, we were and are getting results.

Do you fancy disagreeing with the second part of my last post or have you realised that there are two sides to every story??

:juggle: Ego;s are a bit harder to prove than someone saying Stewarts a bad player.Then that same player starts scoring for fun :razz:

it's almost as bad as selective reading, he may be scoring for fun elsewhere but he didn't do it for us under 3 managers

Mate, WHY should he? If i offered you a settlement to stop watching City and go and watch Rovers would you ?S Landsdown sorted his wages, he could have got more elsewhere but wanted to play for the team he supports.Think you will find he could have gone to other teams because HE IS brilliant as you say, but he wants to live close to his family like we all do.

What???!!!!

Let's break this down a little and use some logic.

Is Marcus Stewart ever going to play for Bristol City while Gary Johnson (hereby known as the almighty) is manager???

Answer No.

Is it likely that the almighty will be sacked within the next 12 months??

Answer No.

So if Marcus REALLY LOVED BRISTOL CITY be would think

" hmm not going to get a game here", feel utterly devestated that it has not worked out, BUT THEN being the BRISTOL CITY LOVER that he is think

"How can I best help the team I love and support? Ah I know I'll negotiate a settlement so that they use my wages to spend on players and the like to ensure they get promoted"

Isn't that logical and obvious. He could have then signed for Yeovil or Rovers or Swindon and carried on.

And in answer to your question YES I would stop watching City if it was in the best interests of the club. I would be devestated but if it helps the cluib I love then yes.

Fact is Marcus Moneybags is putting himself first and not the club. Which he is perfectly entitled to do so but I am disappointed by it

Who criticised Johnson ? find me the quote please.

Stewart when joining Yeovil

"I'm quite sure that I'll never play for Bristol City again while that manager is there," said Stewart after agreeing a three-month loan at Huish Park.

"I knew within a month of Gary coming I suppose that I wouldn't be playing and eventually I'd be pushed out. But you'd have to ask Gary why I wasn't playing.

"It was made more difficult for me to take because I'm a City fan and I felt insulted by the players he played in front of me last season as well.

"I know I can do a job in this division and I could play at the level above as well - I know I can.

if that is not insulting and showing a lack of respect for your manager & team mates then I don't know what is?

it was in the media when he joined Yeovil, think it was in the evening post

When asked if he thought he would play for City again he said, he didnt think he would whilst the current manager was there. That is not having a go, that was him being realistic.

I am sure he WILL have a go one day though :D

Stewart when joining Yeovil

"I'm quite sure that I'll never play for Bristol City again while that manager is there," said Stewart after agreeing a three-month loan at Huish Park.

"I knew within a month of Gary coming I suppose that I wouldn't be playing and eventually I'd be pushed out. But you'd have to ask Gary why I wasn't playing.

"It was made more difficult for me to take because I'm a City fan and I felt insulted by the players he played in front of me last season as well.

"I know I can do a job in this division and I could play at the level above as well - I know I can.

if that is not insulting and showing a lack of respect for your manager & team mates then I don't know what is?

Then I'm afraid you don't know what is.

You choose to see those comments as insulting to GJ but, to me, it is just an honest assessment of the situation as he saw it. It shows his acceptance of the fact that he was not, and would never be, in Johnson's plans. I don't see any insult to GJ there.

The part about being insulted by players chosen ahead of him was, in my opinion, directed solely at Bas Savage, and with good reason. The insult was from GJ who was basically saying "look Marcus, I'd rather play a clown with no football skills whatsoever than play you. Get the message?"

When asked if he thought he would play for City again he said, he didnt think he would whilst the current manager was there. That is not having a go, that was him being realistic.

Your in denial, he has said "I won't play while THAT manager is there? also then implied he was better than people who played last season.....Mr Stewart has one big ego!

how can you honestly believe Stewart will play for City again? when? how? if we continue with our forum since forum Johnson joined the club, he will be here for the rest of the season? at which point stewart is out of contract?

I just don't understand?

he's clearly having a pop at Johnson? are you insane? he is also having a go at his team mates, which clearly shows an ego and lack of team sprit!

he is out of contract end of season? do you really think he will get a new contract?

how can you honestly believe Stewart will play for City again? when? how? if we continue with our forum since forum Johnson joined the club, he will be here for the rest of the season? at which point stewart is out of contract?

I just don't understand?

Wind your neck in mate, don't try and put your own quote in with MINE .Where do i say he will play for City again?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Then I'm afraid you don't know what is.

You choose to see those comments as insulting to GJ but, to me, it is just an honest assessment of the situation as he saw it. It shows his acceptance of the fact that he was not, and would never be, in Johnson's plans. I don't see any insult to GJ there.

The part about being insulted by players chosen ahead of him was, in my opinion, directed solely at Bas Savage, and with good reason. The insult was from GJ who was basically saying "look Marcus, I'd rather play a clown with no football skills whatsoever than play you. Get the message?"

I think alot people have seen those comments from stewart as insult, (perhaps he had every right to say them!) but he has brought those comments into the publci domain where there was no need for them,

that's your opinion, about it being based solely towards Bas, but he is hammering team mates regardless which shows an ego problem to me, Savage is a worse player than stewart no one will deny that, however when Bas was playing we were winning games? when stewart was we weren't? what is more important? Bristol City winning games? or Marcus stewart playing?

he's clearly having a pop at Johnson? are you insane? he is also having a go at his team mates, which clearly shows an ego and lack of team sprit!

he is out of contract end of season? do you really think he will get a new contract?

Going insane yeah. He said it as he said it. He knows he wont play for City whilst Johnsons here, if he wanted to have a go at Johnson I'm sure he could have come out with something a bit nastier :dunno:

I just don't understand?

Just a thought on form since Johnson joined the club.WON 23 lOST 20, not exactly brilliant is it.Before anyone misqoutes me, no i am not having a go at the manager :whistle:

Going insane yeah. He said it as he said it. He knows he wont play for City whilst Johnsons here, if he wanted to have a go at Johnson I'm sure he could have come out with something a bit nastier :dunno:

Just a thought on form since Johnson joined the club.WON 23 lOST 20, not exactly brilliant is it.Before anyone misqoutes me, no i am not having a go at the manager :whistle:

how many draws

And how many of those 20 losses were at the start of his reign, when a certain "alleged" pisshead striker was playing week in week out ?

And why would that be a good thing? Why do you (according to the smiley) look forward to the day when one player slags off the manager?

Stewart when joining Yeovil;

no matter what think, or from whatever side of the obvious 'GJ-or-Marcus' divide that exists on this board you are coming from, the above remark is totally and utterly out of order, and in my opinion in defensable.

i had not seen this before, despite seeing the quote as regards him thinking he would be unlikely to play under GJ. saying he is unsure he will play under the present manager is NOT slagging the manager, just common sense, and is a reasonable statement for him to make. but attacking your team mates in print, no matter what you think of them, is not on.

no wonder our results improved after he was farmed out on loan, its clear his presence at the club must have been disruptive with this type of attitude toward his team mates.

in response to this quote i'd like to say that, as a city fan, i feel insulted by this particular players lack of proffessional respect for his colleagues, regardless of ability or standing within the game.

and before i get the whole 'stewart hater' bull thrown at me i'd like you to check my other posts on the issue prior to my reading of this particular quote. you'll see i HAD a lot of time for the man and his ability, now i don't.

no wonder our results improved after he was farmed out on loan, its clear his presence at the club must have been disruptive with this type of attitude toward his team mates.

Spot the #### on.

And all the muppets who constantly slagged off Savage...at least he was first into training and last to leave...that's the attitude I want to see in BCFC players, not big time charlie's. I respect people who's opinion is the best 11 players should play regardless, but I think that's plain wrong and countless examples prove it.

RE: Stewart...Can we draw comparison's to the way in which he was dealt with by Johnson as Mourinho dealt with Gallas, Carvalho (to an extent), Ferguson dealt with Beckham and Wenger has dealt with Campbell? Player undermines their authority and so they're shown the door.

Spot the #### on.

And all the muppets who constantly slagged off Savage...at least he was first into training and last to leave...that's the attitude I want to see in BCFC players, not big time charlie's. I respect people who's opinion is the best 11 players should play regardless, but I think that's plain wrong and countless examples prove it.

RE: Stewart...Can we draw comparison's to the way in which he was dealt with by Johnson as Mourinho dealt with Gallas, Carvalho (to an extent), Ferguson dealt with Beckham and Wenger has dealt with Campbell? Player undermines their authority and so they're shown the door.

And yet we have fellow fans who relish in the idea of Stewart letting rip with his criticism of the manager who appears to be taking us in the right direction! :blink:

how many draws

no matter what think, or from whatever side of the obvious 'GJ-or-Marcus' divide that exists on this board you are coming from, the above remark is totally and utterly out of order, and in my opinion in defensable.

i had not seen this before, despite seeing the quote as regards him thinking he would be unlikely to play under GJ. saying he is unsure he will play under the present manager is NOT slagging the manager, just common sense, and is a reasonable statement for him to make. but attacking your team mates in print, no matter what you think of them, is not on.

in response to this quote i'd like to say that, as a city fan, i feel insulted by this particular players lack of proffessional respect for his colleagues, regardless of ability or standing within the game.

and before i get the whole 'stewart hater' bull thrown at me i'd like you to check my other posts on the issue prior to my reading of this particular quote. you'll see i HAD a lot of time for the man and his ability, now i don't.

Perhaps he was talking about the fact a 19 year old reserve player we had in on loan from ( cant remember :dunno:Calvin Andrew was his name) was picked in front of him when we only had one other fit striker.At the time this forum was up in arms over it.

And why would that be a good thing? Why do you (according to the smiley) look forward to the day when one player slags off the manager?

Ever seen a sarcastic smile :D, good sense of humour eh eh :D

And how many of those 20 losses were at the start of his reign, when a certain "alleged" pisshead striker was playing week in week out ?

don't know mate you tell me, Brooker was in the team was he ?

Spot the #### on.

Jeeeezuz, Savage was the epitome of cr@p players. That fall at Yeovil, and one at the Dung away - absolutely classic and inept!!!. While I don't personally rate Stewart one bit (AND BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT I AM NOT A STEWART FAN!!!!), Savage is even WORSE. first into training and last out..pity he learnt fjork all during eh?

Guilty as charged, as you so delicately put it "muppet", and damn proud of it, it that berk was the future of Bristol City we would be totally donald ducked. Worst "player" Ive ever seen in the many years Ive been watching this club, and boy have we had a few!

Archived