IGNORED

Like It Or Not

Dolman Block B

Perhaps he was talking about the fact a 19 year old reserve player we had in on loan from ( cant remember :dunno:Calvin Andrew was his name) was picked in front of him when we only had one other fit striker.At the time this forum was up in arms over it.

perhaps.

however stewart was appearing regularly (albeit often as a sub) whilst calvin andrews was at the club. he then started the s****horpe away game only to be injured, and subsequently kept out of the side by the arrival of McCammon, who kept his place on merit once stewart was fit again.

he is most likely refering to bas savage. now opinion is split on this issue, but ignoring both sides you have to look at the results once bas got into the side (which was due to stewarts suspention intially). in fact stewart regualrly appeared as a sub when savage was at the club, only failing to appear when we were winning games, which is reasonable as the team on the pitch was doing the job.

he might not have been starting and starring in every game but was involved in the squad and clearly was an option GJ was willng to use. infact he got more and more time on the pitch until his recall and injury at scunny.

he then went to preston once fit, with GJ saying he needed match sharpness. yes, stewart said "i can perform for a manager who wants me" or words to that affect when he joined north end, and we presumed there was tention between the two, but who is to say he would not have featured in the playoffs had he returned? the record would suggest their was a good chance of it.

as for the forum being up in arms, yes some, including me, were baffled. but is that any reason for stewart to insult his fellow team mates in public at a later date? i don't think so. that kind of behaviour is unprofessional and arrogant. mccammon was slated i the press for revealing his fustrations with his manager and teammates publicly earlier on last season whilst still at brighton, what makes stewarts behaviour any more exceptable?

Was anybody really surprised by MS's comments? I just thought that he stated the obvious, and was confirming his desire to play for BCFC. Some of the anti-MS comments on here are totally uncalled for, and his performances for Yeovil have confirmed that he still has the quality to play at this level - And there does not seem to be any hint of him being a bad influence there. Ultimately, barring GJ taking up another job, he is not going to play for City again, so I prefer to just view it as a signing that did not work out, and wish him well in the final year(s) of his career.

thing is one person has publically been critised? Gary Johnson.

GJ has tried to be professional and keep things in house, Stewart decides to go about airing his disputes in public?

who has the ego?

Stewart did not lie,he simply said nothing for a very long time.

Gary said "I have no problem with Marcus"...........perhaps you believe that?

Ive taken a back seat on this thread for quite a while now.

Been looking in and readindg the "FOR,S" and "AGAINST" in this Stewart topic.

Basically was getting bored with it all, being slated by a couple of OTIB members.

Anyway, today the whole situation has come to light again.

Western Daily Press this morning;

Yeovil boss John Fry totally delighted with the 33 years old contributin to Yeovils recent run of success.

"Quite clearly Marcus Stewart has made a big difference to us"

"Marcus is a superb player and NO ONE has contributed more to our recent success"

"He may be 33, but he,s an excellent loan signing"

"He,s very happy at Yeovil and Marcus still has a big future in football"

Also a quote from J Ward that he was desperate to sign the guy.

Anyway to all the non Stewart admirers ,THIS AINT NO PLEE ABOUT GETTING HIM BACK, THAT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN.BUT IF THEIR DESPERATE TO KEEP HIM THEY "PAY UP".

WHY SHOULD WE SUFFER FOR ANOTHER CLUBS SUCCESS?

Honest, Legends last post on it all.Be intresting to read your replys, but don't give the poster a hard time about it. (please :crying: )

Anyway to all the non Stewart admirers ,THIS AINT NO PLEE ABOUT GETTING HIM BACK, THAT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN.BUT IF THEIR DESPERATE TO KEEP HIM THEY "PAY UP".

WHY SHOULD WE SUFFER FOR ANOTHER CLUBS SUCCESS?

i think thats a perfectly reasonable position.

lets all be honest, loaning stewart to a local side whilst paying a large portion his wages was a gamble. if he'd been rubbish at least we'd have saved a few bob for a month or two and he'd most likely return to vanish into the reserves, with little fuss from anyone, including himself. we'd have to pay his wages but it would be a harsh lesson to us.

however, now he is playing well he is becoming a desirable player (as that J Ward statement seems to show) which can only be a bonus to us, as he will be considered less of a risk to any club wanting him on loan or permenantly. wth chelt'n town throwing their oar in as well i can see it being a four way fight between them, yeovil, plymouth and the sags (unlikely but not impossble) for his signature on loan till chrimbo, with whoever takes him on board paying all his wages till a full time move come january.

now whatever your postion on the fella this can only be the best result of bad circumstances. it is assumed by both sides of the divide that stewart has little chance of returning to the side, however well he performs, so to be able to get rid of his sizable wage packet would be a bonus, especially with the team we have performing so well in the league.

it is a real shame that his career at city didn't take off, but thats life. it doesn't matter who is blame (no one party is wholly innocent) both parties need to move on now.

lets all be honest, loaning stewart to a local side whilst paying a large portion his wages was a gamble. if he'd been rubbish at least we'd have saved a few bob for a month or two and he'd most likely return to vanish into the reserves, with little fuss from anyone, including himself. we'd have to pay his wages but it would be a harsh lesson to us.

however, now he is playing well he is becoming a desirable player (as that J Ward statement seems to show) which can only be a bonus to us, as he will be considered less of a risk to any club wanting him on loan or permenantly. wth chelt'n town throwing their oar in as well i can see it being a four way fight between them, yeovil, plymouth and the sags (unlikely but not impossble) for his signature on loan till chrimbo, with whoever takes him on board paying all his wages till a full time move come january.

now whatever your postion on the fella this can only be the best result of bad circumstances. it is assumed by both sides of the divide that stewart has little chance of returning to the side, however well he performs, so to be able to get rid of his sizable wage packet would be a bonus, especially with the team we have performing so well in the league.

it is a real shame that his career at city didn't take off, but thats life. it doesn't matter who is blame (no one party is wholly innocent) both parties need to move on now.

:clap: Mr SAMO............

spot on. the loan move with us paying some of his wages was always a risk, but it was a risk worth taking and regardless of what he or yeovil are doing, it is still a good move to move him out and save some cash and more importantly get him in the shop window, so we can get him out the club

yes we are still paying alot of his wages, but come the end of the loan move there will hopefully be alot more interest in signing him, either way we will be in a better position to say he has done ok for yeovil anyone who wants him pays the full rate.

spot on. the loan move with us paying some of his wages was always a risk, but it was a risk worth taking and regardless of what he or yeovil are doing, it is still a good move to move him out and save some cash and more importantly get him in the shop window, so we can get him out the club

yes we are still paying alot of his wages, but come the end of the loan move there will hopefully be alot more interest in signing him, either way we will be in a better position to say he has done ok for yeovil anyone who wants him pays the full rate.

He's certainly in the shop window. Apparently one manager is always down there watching whenever his own team isn't playing. :whistle:

Gary Johnson perhaps :innocent06::innocent06:

Well done Megansdad, got it in one.

On their forum one or two of their fans are get a bit fed up with his constant visits fearing further player poaching.

However, maybe he's keeping an eye on Marcus with a view to bringing him back into the fold on the back of some strong performances. :dunno:

He's certainly in the shop window. Apparently one manager is always down there watching whenever his own team isn't playing. :whistle:

Not very often then!!!

Well done Megansdad, got it in one.

On their forum one or two of their fans are get a bit fed up with his constant visits fearing further player poaching.

One or two, out of what, 8-9-10,000. Not many then!!!

However, maybe he's keeping an eye on Marcus with a view to bringing him back into the fold on the back of some strong performances. :dunno:

I fully agree with the bulk of this post, but I still think we will struggle to get much more than the current wage contribution at the end of this loan period however well he plays. MS is on a wage no club at this level will pay, we took a risk on breaking our wage structure to sign him, are Cheltenham, Yeovil or Rovers going to break even tighter budgets? No. The only way we will reduce our outlay further is if the player himself accepts the termination of his contract or a reduced settlement.

As I see it there are three options:

(1) Spite. We take the player back and pay the extra 2k a week to have him back training with the youth team until his contract expires.

(2) Pragmatic. We cut the best deal we can, still contributing a significant part of the wages we agreed to pay him.

(3) Utopia. A local chairman has a 'Steve Lansdown moment' and thinks 5k a week is worth paying for a single player.

Not very often then!!!

Often enough to upset some of the Yeokels. I bet he'll be down there tonight.

"1 or 2 out of 8-9-10,000"

Are you having a laugh? This is Yeovil we are talking about. Fan base of about 5,000 and probably about 2-300 forum users of which several have had a winge. Go to the green room and type Gary Johnson in the search and see what comes up.

Often enough to upset some of the Yeokels. I bet he'll be down there tonight.

"1 or 2 out of 8-9-10,000"

Are you having a laugh? This is Yeovil we are talking about. Fan base of about 5,000 and probably about 2-300 forum users of which several have had a winge. Go to the green room and type Gary Johnson in the search and see what comes up.

just had a look on the green room? couldn't find anything about it? only talk of Johnson is in relation to Marcus Stewart but nothing about him being at games? if you can find a link that would be great? for a numbers on their 2-3000? you serious? otib only has around 3900 users? (interesting that rovers have nearly 7000 registered users!) couldn't find how many users are registered on there but looked on ytfcforum (apparently their biggest un-offical forum and that has less than 400 users)

besides all that enough of marcus stewart it's clear most people are disagree about getting him about or are just plane bored of this subject

Not very often then!!!

As forecasted he was down there on Friday. In the Radio Bristol commentary box.

just had a look on the green room? couldn't find anything about it? only talk of Johnson is in relation to Marcus Stewart but nothing about him being at games? if you can find a link that would be great? for a numbers on their 2-3000? you serious? otib only has around 3900 users? (interesting that rovers have nearly 7000 registered users!) couldn't find how many users are registered on there but looked on ytfcforum (apparently their biggest un-offical forum and that has less than 400 users)

besides all that enough of marcus stewart it's clear most people are disagree about getting him about or are just plane bored of this subject

I said 2-300 not 2-3000. I'll find a link for you when I've got time but I know it's beginning to piss them off.

By the way this post has nothing to do with M****s S*****t.

the Stewart issue is bound to raise its head again in the coming days, on the back of last nights poor performance.

Ok, befire you start, its me thats brought it up again.

This morning I'm just trying to get mty head round the whole Stewart/Yeovil deal.

Right then,with Brooker and Showunmi unavailable for the forseeable future, the City boss is thinking about a move in the loan market (Johnsons words not mine).

So were paying half of Stewarts Yeovil wage (say £2500).

Another loan striker going cost us £2500/£3000 a week?

Surely, you all must agree that the deal to let Marcus go, so early in the season is now unjust?

This is more a business type thread, not another Stewart plee!!!!!!!!!

But, he WOULD be playing tuesday night now, for sure.

What good loan players are out there?

Journey men, weve tampered with before, never any good.

Your thoughts only, and don't give me a hard time..please :(

TOLD YOU SO, TOLD YOU SO, TOLD YOU SO, TOLD YOU SO.

Legend, you must have huge abilitys to read into the future....... :rofl2br:

the Stewart issue is bound to raise its head again in the coming days, on the back of last nights poor performance.

Ok, befire you start, its me thats brought it up again.

This morning I'm just trying to get mty head round the whole Stewart/Yeovil deal.

Right then,with Brooker and Showunmi unavailable for the forseeable future, the City boss is thinking about a move in the loan market (Johnsons words not mine).

So were paying half of Stewarts Yeovil wage (say £2500).

Another loan striker going cost us £2500/£3000 a week?

Surely, you all must agree that the deal to let Marcus go, so early in the season is now unjust?

This is more a business type thread, not another Stewart plee!!!!!!!!!

But, he WOULD be playing tuesday night now, for sure.

What good loan players are out there?

Journey men, weve tampered with before, never any good.

Your thoughts only, and don't give me a hard time..please :(

A post with remarkable foresight.

Or, just plain common sense unfortunately missed only by those whose opinions carry any weight?

TOLD YOU SO, TOLD YOU SO, TOLD YOU SO, TOLD YOU SO.

Legend, you must have huge abilitys to read into the future....... :rofl2br:

Legend for Chairman and Manager, I say.

A post with remarkable foresight.

Or, just plain common sense unfortunately missed only by those whose opinions carry any weight?

Legend for Chairman and Manager, I say.

Thanks Nick.

To be honest could always sense something would happen, and now its been proven.Johnson has no clout to bring in good loan signings, just names who cant get in their own teams.

All my mates who i have a few beers with before the game feel exactly the same about the situation.

Got a funny little feeling Stewart got a cheeky smile on his face now, in sort of a cant lose situation!

Is this really true?

QUOTE:

"Marcus (Stewart) went to Yeovil because Yeovil were the only ones in for him at that particular time. It wasn't as though we chose Yeovil and he wanted to get first-team games.

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp...;pNodeId=145803

I thought Plymouth offered similar terms as Yeovil but were told where to go.

Amazing that no other club wanted Stewart on the terms that Yeovil got him at. Anyone know why?

Archived