IGNORED

Like It Or Not

Dolman Block B

Glad you said pathetic Nibor, wanted to say something much stronger.

This lad don't understand sweet fa about fianances of a footbal club.

£200,000 plus going into Yeovil Fc bank A/c for a player on City,s books.

J O K E

Red me old mucker, we have had our disagreements on Mr Stewart, but that comment is 1000% spot on. Thing about most of those in this thread is theyve missed that point......paying for a rivals goals is downright dumb, dumb, dumb. Only City and its illustrious board could find it acceptable. Crazy. :dunno:

Red me old mucker, we have had our disagreements on Mr Stewart, but that comment is 1000% spot on. Thing about most of those in this thread is theyve missed that point......paying for a rivals goals is downright dumb, dumb, dumb. Only City and its illustrious board could find it acceptable. Crazy. :dunno:

Thanks Bucks, its not about Stewart playing for the lads, were chucking money down the drain.

Let me ask you this.

When Stewarts 3 months are up at Yeovil, theres a massive chance they will want him for 3 more ore the rest of the season.

So, 3 more makes £400,000 = down the drain, the season says goodbye to £600,000+.

Good business or totall rollocks?

Am I being blonde or what, the right and wrongs of MS going to YTFC will be discussed until the cows come home but surely if we are paying 2/3 or 3/4 of MS wages while at YTFC we are SAVING 1/3 or 1/4 of his wages (which should be being used on a loan signing).

So financially we are SAVING money not losing it.

I will be glad when it is all over and we can ALL concentrate on getting behind GJ and the CURRENT players.

BCAGFC

Am I being blonde or what, the right and wrongs of MS going to YTFC will be discussed until the cows come home but surely if we are paying 2/3 or 3/4 of MS wages while at YTFC we are SAVING 1/3 or 1/4 of his wages (which should be being used on a loan signing).

I will be glad when it is all over and we can ALL concentrate on getting behind GJ and the CURRENT players.

BCAGFC

We may be saving 1/3 or a 1/4 of some money NOW.But the goals hes scoring etc etc for Yeovil COULD lose us millions of £££ if Yeovil get promoted instead of us. :dunno:

I know its pretty irrelevant at the mo,but if the season finished today that would be the case,and his 3 goals scored have put them above us.

Phew! I bet GJ is glad the season didnt finish today then!!

What a ridiculous point!

Furthermore, MS is not the only reason that Yeovil are second, that is a very arrogant and short sighted view.

Actually if you think about it, 12 games in would you have expected yeovil to be our closest competitior behind forest? NO, so who is to say that they don't stay there the rest of the season.

"furthermore," if you read the post again it quite clearly says, "with the help of marcus stewart". You must be short sighted if you think i was even thinking that not to mention posting such a ridiculous and argont thing.

BCAGFC

spot on, we are saving money on a player that is of no current use to the club/team, in the meantime this useless asset is now in the shop window and trying his best to get a club for when jan comes, some people are too busy looking at negatives rather than looking at a clear postives and are just clutching at straws, thing is though it is just 3 people moaning about it on this forum and making it out to be a much bigger deal than it is, the rest of us see it is the best move for the club and for stewart.

it's just a very small minority, so who really cares

as for statements of if the season finished tomorrow. it doesn't

spot on, we are saving money on a player that is of no current use to the club/team, in the meantime this useless asset is now in the shop window and trying his best to get a club for when jan comes, some people are too busy looking at negatives rather than looking at a clear postives and are just clutching at straws, thing is though it is just 3 people moaning about it on this forum and making it out to be a much bigger deal than it is, the rest of us see it is the best move for the club and for stewart.

it's just a very small minority, so who really cares

as for statements of if the season finished tomorrow. it doesn't

I see your points as do I of Portman and Arny but we are going round in circles here. The point is that Stewart is laughing at us now scoring and setting goals up for fun when he shouldnt be playing for a rival club. If he was at Preston do you think anyone would be making such a fuss? We missed out on promotion by 1 point 2 years ago we don't want to do that again. Its up to our chairman to make sure that Stewart doesnt go back on loan to Yeovil after Christmas.

End of rant

Please stop this now because this thread has died a death now

thanks

:city:

Let Stewart play for Yeovil, Forest Green, Dings Crusaders or anyone else who will have him. Sadly Phillips and Bridges have gone but we now have a side who all seem to be going in the same direction 100% behind our Barry Fry lookalike. This side is good to watch and getting better - remember we have £2m in the bank still.......

well if marcus is as important for the glovers as some say at least he can't play against us when we face them!

plus, who knows, he might just have done enough to get a move to the championship in january. i bet the money we asked plymouth for him doesn't look so silly now.

he might even play for us if our forward line is as slim when he returns as it is now. yes, its unlikely, but we don't know 100% that it couldn't happen. GJ might be stubbon, but he's also an arch pragmatist. if stewart returns and we've got a couple of weeks till the transfer window he might fling him on once or twice to paper over any big cracks up front.

part of me wishes GJ would recall him right now and throw him in the squad, not because of how well he is playing but because it might stop the childish arguments which rage everyday on here.

100% agree mate, Well put, but wasted thoughts really on here now, the MS idolisation society :D , have gone beyond common sense now, its total obsession, MS, was NEVER that good, and has had an ordinary career, unless it was in some parallel universe, that only MS supporters know about .

BRISTOL CITY are doing well without him, that,s ALL that matters to most bristol city supporters, the team is together and playing good football, MS was allegedly disruptive at Ipswich, thats all we need now, just get rid, once and for all.

Wish I'd had an "ordinary career" like that. Playing in the top flight of English football and even considered for an England call up.

I know we are doing well without him, though no better than the bookies expected. The problem for me is that Yeovil were nailed on relegation fodder at the start of the season and are currently above us. I'm not sure where they were before the MS loan but it's difficult to ignore the progress they've made since he went there. By all accounts it's not just the goals and assists he's giving them but his wealth of experience is helping to inspire the whole team.

As much as I would love to see Marcus back at the club he loves I know it will never happen under the current management, but what really hurts is he should never have been allowed to play for league rivals. I'd rather we paid all his wages and loaned him to a League 2 team, (yes, even them!) or maybe Forest Green. The current arrangement hurts us in the pocket and could ultimately hurt us in a much more profound way if we find ourselves losing out in our ultimate goal to a Stewart-inspired Yeovil.

Do you know what, that is a clever reply because we are third behind errr oh yes Yeovil Town. :chant6ez: Well done, i wonder how they got there could it be with the help of a certain Marcus Stewart, oh no he couldn't have scored that top corner belter in their 1- nil win. We could have done with a moment of class on saturday in a goaless draw, don't you think?

Whatever has gone on between MS and GJ needs to be put to bed because as i heard someone say on saturday if the season finished today we are third behind the team MS is playin for yet we still own him.

If MS stays and yeovil finish above us GJ needs to be sacked because he has been proven wrong and right now MS is showing him the V's. Fair play marcus

Not clever mate, but hang on a minute WOW !!!!!! Marcus Stewart scored a goal, ? REALLY, now that IS clever, he is actually doing what he gets paid for, ?

Having read the rest of your post mate , well, to say if Yeovil finish above city GJ should be sacked, well , :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br: , what is it with you MS groupies, ? get over it, the guy aint superman, he is playing ok for Yeovil so what, ? he is an ok player NOTHING MORE . Support the guys that played on saturday at ashton gate,for BRISTOL CITY , and earned a good draw against a team with similar current form as us, without the famous MS , who showed little in flashes of class when he was here, he is playing friday night against cheltenham, get down and watch him, you can bow when he runs on the pitch .

Why is it that anyone who thinks that perhaps we might have made a mistake in freezing out MS is a groupie/part of his idolisation society, but anyone who thinks that he's a fat useless pisshead who came here to screw us out of money, disrupt the dressing room and get GJ the sack is a normal person?

100% agree mate, Well put, but wasted thoughts really on here now, the MS idolisation society :D , have gone beyond common sense now, its total obsession, MS, was NEVER that good, and has had an ordinary career, unless it was in some parallel universe, that only MS supporters know about .

BRISTOL CITY are doing well without him, that,s ALL that matters to most bristol city supporters, the team is together and playing good football, MS was allegedly disruptive at Ipswich, thats all we need now, just get rid, once and for all.

You should perhaps READ the fn thread, and ask yourself why were paying for a player on loan at a rival, when we're not exactly flush eh. Thats what everyone else is doing. And not just your *ahem* "MS Groupies", which is a pathetic insult anyway

But then its the pack instinct on here. Players, posters, the EE get savaged on a routine basis, by a lot of the same people in fact.

Not clever mate, but hang on a minute WOW !!!!!! Marcus Stewart scored a goal, ? REALLY, now that IS clever, he is actually doing what he gets paid for, ?

Having read the rest of your post mate , well, to say if Yeovil finish above city GJ should be sacked, well , :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br: ,

GJ played a very high risk policy in the MS affair. If we end up being promoted, he will be vindicated.

On the other hand, it's all very hypothetical at the moment of course, but, if Stewart scored a shed full of goals for Yeovil, who were promoted, and we weren't....... it wouldn't exactly look good for Johnners, would it?

question is will he be at Yeovil all season, judging by SL's comments today it isn't 100% although the manager wants him can they afford? Seems like he could be off elsewhere if SL is to be believed, whatever happens to Yeovil happens isn't down to one player.

Either way, roll on January Window when we can finally move him on out of the club.

No surely its better to leave him there, let him play out of his skin,carry on pushing Yeovil to promotion at our expense :whistle: One thing for sure, M Stewart is STILL a Bristol City player and anyone who slags off a Bristol City player and proffeses to support City needs to look at themselves.

Oh and AGAIN i ask, show me some PROOF that he is/was bad for team spirit. COME ON ..Prove it :dunno:

obviously you didn't see the GJ article 2 weeks back in the Post, he said when he took over their were some "bad apples at the club" and they had to be moved on for the clubs best interest, he'd had trouble getting rid of some of them, but they were now gone, think that is proof enough, stewart's comments when he joined yeovil also showed him in a bad light

question is will he be at Yeovil all season, judging by SL's comments today it isn't 100% although the manager wants him can they afford? Seems like he could be off elsewhere if SL is to be believed, whatever happens to Yeovil happens isn't down to one player.

Either way, roll on January Window when we can finally move him on out of the club.

obviously you didn't see the GJ article 2 weeks back in the Post, he said when he took over their were some "bad apples at the club" and they had to be moved on for the clubs best interest, he'd had trouble getting rid of some of them, but they were now gone, think that is proof enough

Not long ago Johnson said he didnt have a problem with Stewart.We all know he has,so why not tell the truth :dunno:

Oh and i would'nt have seen the post 2 wks ago because they don't sell it down here anymore. :disapointed2se:

Not long ago Johnson said he didnt have a problem with Stewart.We all know he has,so why not tell the truth :dunno:

well he isn't going to go public on it is he? that would be unprofessional, these things happen in football all the time and generally kept in house, why would he publically slate someone he is trying to get rid of? would make no sense, instead play any incidents down and try to move the player on.

Oh and i would'nt have seen the post 2 wks ago because they don't sell it down here anymore. :disapointed2se:

www.thisisbristol.co.uk

key part of the story

And all of City's players have been persuaded to uphold a strict code of conduct that involves self-imposed fines for indiscretions ranging from being late to violating the dress code.

Johnson recalled: "In the weeks after I first took over, I told people that it was not my dressing room.

"That wasn't just because of results, but because there were players I didn't want in there.

"I couldn't just throw people out because they were on contracts, so it has taken time. But I knew I had to move people out.

"As we speak today, that dressing room is very strong in terms of its commitment and professionalism towards taking this club forward."

He confided: "Everyone likes a drink, but it's a case of recognising at what point alcohol changes your character and behaviour.

"Footballers have a responsibility to give the supporters a performance whenever they step onto the pitch. If you are drinking, then you are dehydrating yourself and affecting performance.

"If you have seven or eight players who are drinking and limiting their effectiveness, then the team is going to suffer.

don't want him back , but on the same hand don't want our club to be paying for him to play for one of our rivals either. were going to look right mugs come may should yoevile pip us to promotion on the back of goals that we have paid for. :ranting:

I would rather let the sags have him on the same deal than ANY league one club, this deal is absolute madness :Crazy:

key part of the story

And all of City's players have been persuaded to uphold a strict code of conduct that involves self-imposed fines for indiscretions ranging from being late to violating the dress code.

Johnson recalled: "In the weeks after I first took over, I told people that it was not my dressing room.

"That wasn't just because of results, but because there were players I didn't want in there.

"I couldn't just throw people out because they were on contracts, so it has taken time. But I knew I had to move people out.

"As we speak today, that dressing room is very strong in terms of its commitment and professionalism towards taking this club forward."

He confided: "Everyone likes a drink, but it's a case of recognising at what point alcohol changes your character and behaviour.

"Footballers have a responsibility to give the supporters a performance whenever they step onto the pitch. If you are drinking, then you are dehydrating yourself and affecting performance.

"If you have seven or eight players who are drinking and limiting their effectiveness, then the team is going to suffer.

I know you have your own agenda, but cant you actually read between the lines? Brooker,Brown,Partridge,Orr etc etc. Stewart wasnt in there drinking gang, he just had a row with Johnson. When are you going to give this Stewart/drink thing up. :dunno:

I know you have your own agenda, but cant you actually read between the lines? Brooker,Brown,Partridge,Orr etc etc. Stewart wasnt in there drinking gang, he just had a row with Johnson. When are you going to give this Stewart/drink thing up. :dunno:

own agenda? I just want a squad of players fighting to get City promoted! not much to ask?

re-read the quote "all of City's players have been persuaded to uphold a strict code of conduct that involves self-imposed fines for indiscretions ranging from being late to violating the dress code."

obviously some have since followed the code of conduct , other weren't willing too and have been moved on (this code of conduct has been brought in since the Romeo Brown incident)

as for giving up the Stewart drinking thing? why? it's true, i've seen it this season?

I'm sorry when all the team are trying to get fit during pre-season and you see other players undermining that by going out and getting smashed? those are the ones you don't want at the club? agree or dis-agree? as Johnson said the CURRENT squad is "very strong in terms of its commitment and professionalism towards taking this club forward"

own agenda? I just want a squad of players fighting to get City promoted! not much to ask?

re-read the quote "all of City's players have been persuaded to uphold a strict code of conduct that involves self-imposed fines for indiscretions ranging from being late to violating the dress code."

obviously some have since followed the code of conduct , other weren't willing too and have been moved on (this code of conduct has been brought in since the Romeo Brown incident)

as for giving up the Stewart drinking thing? why? it's true, i've seen it this season?

I'm sorry when all the team are trying to get fit during pre-season and you see other players undermining that by going out and getting smashed? those are the ones you don't want at the club? agree or dis-agree? as Johnson said the CURRENT squad is "very strong in terms of its commitment and professionalism towards taking this club forward"

Smashed :D i did hear of Stewart having a drink....yes a drink :whistle: Think you have a different Stewart because the one i am talking about was widely regarded as about the fittest player at the club pre season.Funny how now hes been given a chance to play hes doing it for 90 mins.Russel Slade obviously doesnt think theres any kind of drink problem and i would think he knows Stewart better than you :

Smashed :D i did hear of Stewart having a drink....yes a drink :whistle: Think you have a different Stewart because the one i am talking about was widely regarded as about the fittest player at the club pre season.Funny how now hes been given a chance to play hes doing it for 90 mins.Russel Slade obviously doesnt think theres any kind of drink problem and i would think he knows Stewart better than you :

ok, not smashed, but very drunk, was def him, as he was out with Phillips (who was on the soft drinks) fact is Johnson wanted the drinking culture out of city, rightly so

Archived