IGNORED

Like It Or Not

Dolman Block B

Couldnt put it any better myself Dolman Dave.

Yeovil fans are loving it.

On the late news a video reaction from a Yeovil fan says yet again Stewart was M O M and a great great goal.

As long as Bristol City want to carry on paying for him to play for us, we are so so happy.

Thankyou Gary Johnson.

Almost taking the p i s s quote, u must agree :dunno:

Sounds to me as we should recall MS.............and play him in our reserves!! Removes Yeovils challenge and helps our cause.

Yeovil Town fans are not stupid, they know that (A FEW, 3 really) BCFC fans can't handle the situation of Marcus Stewart playing for Yeovil Town and they are going to take every opportunity to rub it in.

Sort yourselves out (the MS 3), we (BCFC) are 3rd in Coca Cola League Division 1, 1 point off top, starting to play well and look like we have a chance of promotion so stop MOANING about Marcus Stewart and START supporting a manager who knows how to get promotion, even if it was from the lower divisions.

Ask yourself this (the MS 3), if 1 of your mates had a row with his boss about something that was NOTHING to do with him and he lost his job, whose fault is it that he was out of work?.

BCAGFC

Yeovil Town fans are not stupid, they know that (A FEW, 3 really) BCFC fans can't handle the situation of Marcus Stewart playing for Yeovil Town and they are going to take every opportunity to rub it in.

Sort yourselves out (the MS 3), we (BCFC) are 3rd in Coca Cola League Division 1, 1 point off top, starting to play well and look like we have a chance of promotion so stop MOANING about Marcus Stewart and START supporting a manager who knows how to get promotion, even if it was from the lower divisions.

Ask yourself this (the MS 3), if 1 of your mates had a row with his boss about something that was NOTHING to do with him and he lost his job, whose fault is it that he was out of work?.

BCAGFC

If you're suggesting it's not possible to disagree with a decision the manager made whilst agreeing with many of the other ones he's made and supporting him and the team then you're completely incorrect.

Can't you tell the difference between a difference of opinion backed up with reasons and "MOANING" as you put it?

All I see from the anti Stewart moaners is a lot of whining about threads that they don't have to read or reply to and a lot of assumptions about someone's character based on nothing more than rumour.

If you're suggesting it's not possible to disagree with a decision the manager made whilst agreeing with many of the other ones he's made and supporting him and the team then you're completely incorrect.

Can't you tell the difference between a difference of opinion backed up with reasons and "MOANING" as you put it?

All I see from the anti Stewart moaners is a lot of whining about threads that they don't have to read or reply to and a lot of assumptions about someone's character based on nothing more than rumour.

The trouble is the 3 main pro-Stewart fans will not back GJ because of the MS incident and that is why I say stop moaning.

I would have loved MS to be a hit at BCFC as he is and always has been a BCFC fan (my mate lives in Hartcliffe and has known him since boyhood) BUT he failed to deliver and I don't buy into the EXCUSE of everyone was poor at that stage as MS was one of the worst and I saw 99% of the games he played including S****horpe away where he did nothing until his injury.

I agree I don't have to read or reply to the MS threads but where there is smoke there is fire and IMO they are just trying to undermine GJ (look what happened to Brian Tinnion), just face it GJ knows what he is doing and he is doing it very well ATM.

BCAGFC

Unless you were in the dressing room during the alledged incident that all these criticisms of Stewart's behaviour seem to stem from, it is rumour.

Totally agree with that statement but it is also true that there is NO rift between GJ and MS it is purely a rumour also.

BCAGFC

I think those of us who would like to see MS back can handle his success at Yeovil quite well actually. We can also support the team and recognise the excellent recent results and at the same time look forward to Marcus returning from a successful loan spell and GJ finally relenting and adding him to the squad. We have room and while he would not displace the current incumbents we need a more attacking bench and Stewart would provide an extra option.

Can't for the life of me understand why some of you cannot see that.

Brooker, Orr and Partridge have been to jail for affray and been welcomed back, Bradley Orr went to head butt Carey live on TV and again has been forgiven and welcomed back (not arguing against either by the way) yet MS allegedly had a difference of opinion with the manager and they exchanged a few harsh words in the heat of the moment and he is thrown out in the cold and some of you think that's right?? It's a funny old world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you were in the dressing room during the alledged incident that all these criticisms of Stewart's behaviour seem to stem from, it is rumour.

which also includes the criticisms of GJ, not everything to do with stewart though is based around the dressing room incident, performances and off filed activites is also to do with people views on him

I think those of us who would like to see MS back can handle his success at Yeovil quite well actually. We can also support the team and recognise the excellent recent results and at the same time look forward to Marcus returning from a successful loan spell and GJ finally relenting and adding him to the squad. We have room and while he would not displace the current incumbents we need a more attacking bench and Stewart would provide an extra option.

Brooker, Orr and Partridge have been to jail for affray and been welcomed back, Bradley Orr went to head butt Carey live on TV and again has been forgiven and welcomed back (not arguing against either by the way) yet MS allegedly had a difference of opinion with the manager and they exchanged a few harsh words in the heat of the moment and he is thrown out in the cold and some of you think that's right?? It's a funny old world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post..

personally I'm not bothered about the whole dressing room incident, for example if we changed manager (god I hope not) and Stewart came back, i just don't see how Stewart would get into the team in front of the players infront of him at the club? I've asked the question to the MS3, but with no response, as a player judging on his performances I don't see how he is an improvement to what we already have, for that reason along I don't see him having a future at the club, £5k a week is alot of money for a 4th/5th choice forward in League 1

Could someone please explain to me what the point of these posts is? After the first half dozen or so, I got the idea, a few people would like to see Stewart back and playing for City because he's a fan, etc, etc. 9 months later that is still all they have to say.

If we were bottom of the league I could see an argument that might have some purpose, we aren't, so I don't.

If he was pacey and played left wing effectively, I could see it. He doesn't, so I don't.

It could be seen as somewhat over generous offering a player like him to a local team doing well in the same league, but in all honesty where else was he going to go? He had already made it clear that he wanted to come back to his comfortable home, in a comfortable city and play out his remaining days in comfort. I normally back our board, but on this occasion they got sold a pup and will be paying for it for at least another 2 years.

Could someone please explain to me what the point of these posts is? After the first half dozen or so, I got the idea, a few people would like to see Stewart back and playing for City because he's a fan, etc, etc. 9 months later that is still all they have to say.

If we were bottom of the league I could see an argument that might have some purpose, we aren't, so I don't.

If he was pacey and played left wing effectively, I could see it. He doesn't, so I don't.

It could be seen as somewhat over generous offering a player like him to a local team doing well in the same league, but in all honesty where else was he going to go? He had already made it clear that he wanted to come back to his comfortable home, in a comfortable city and play out his remaining days in comfort. I normally back our board, but on this occasion they got sold a pup and will be paying for it for at least another 2 years.

quote me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly sure he's out of contract at the end of the season? there was an opition of a 3rd year, but get the feeling that it won't be extended

I think we're playing really well but injuries and lack of striking options will catch up with us soon.

I am first and foremost a City fan (just voted for Scott Brown for PFA ward you all should too) they are not mutually exclusive.

I don't know what happened around the time of the handgrenade incident and I'm guessing that applies to 99% of us on the forum but what I do know is that the squad is stronger with Stewy in it rather than banging them in for one of our rivals.

Yeovil are a stronger squad with him there and we would be too.

Never say never in football but he couldn't have been more frozen out than he has been.

And to all the people who want us to stop talking about Marcus, well, as soon as we stop paying his wages whilst he plays for a rival team thats when I will stop posting about him.

It needs only the odd injury and our striking options are limited. Yes Brooker Jevo Enoch and Jennison are all ahead of him - but is it realistic to expect Jennison to last a whole season?

Let's say his form dips and one of the other 3 is injured who would you suggest for the bench?

and even without that I'd still like the option of a fit MS on the bench rather than an extra midfielder we don't need but put there becasue we have no other strikers.

It's constructive criticism not moaning, preparation rather pessimism

The point hornbeam red is this:

We have a thin squad and little cover up front.

We want promotion

We are paying Stewart who is scoring goals and playing well for Yeovil in our league.

We want promotion

Stewart would add experience and striking options and while he mightn't be first choice I'd rather we paid all his wages and had him at least on the bench rather than a substantial part of them, no forward options on the bench and him scoring goals for our rivals

It needs only the odd injury and our striking options are limited. Yes Brooker Jevo Enoch and Jennison are all ahead of him - but is it realistic to expect Jennison to last a whole season?

Let's say his form dips and one of the other 3 is injured who would you suggest for the bench?

and even without that I'd still like the option of a fit MS on the bench rather than an extra midfielder we don't need but put there becasue we have no other strikers.

It's constructive criticism not moaning, preparation rather pessimism

As I have said in other threads, GJ would rather play walking wounded, or players out of position than someone he perceives as a threat to the "family group" he has created. There will be some that wont like it, but he doesn't care because he has his own mind and wont be swayed by this forum unlike previous incumbents.

and if he achieves success that way sure we'll all be happy - just think our chances of promotion would be improved with MS on board and if you are correct in your view that he "would rather play walking wounded, or players out of position" then that is a disappointment.

and if he achieves success that way sure we'll all be happy - just think our chances of promotion would be improved with MS on board and if you are correct in your view that he "would rather play walking wounded, or players out of position" then that is a disappointment.

G.J runs this team not M.S do you not think G.J knows all about his abilities :dunno: and his moods :o I.M.H.O he has had quite a few "chances" and his goals scored are how many :dunno:

There are many players plying their skills else where let him go or join the M.S fan club

What your suggesting though Megansdad is that we pay £5k a week for a 5th choice striker who upsets the morale of the dressing room.

Granted we might be paying half of that for no striker at all but we are avoiding any problems with morale and clearing up room to give one of our brightest prospects an extended run in the team.

There's also the fans aspect because as long as Marcus is here, there will be some who just won't shut up about Stewie everytime we lose or draw.

Oh, hold on, that's happening on this thread and he ain't even at the club!! :doh:

Were paying three-quarters of his wages for him to inspire and score goals for a team 2 points behind us in the league. There's always the possibility that, with his influence, they may go above us. I think we are entitled to debate this. As long as we are paying any of his wages, let alone three-quarters, he remains part of this club, whether the anti-Stewart brigade like it or not.

Were paying three-quarters of his wages for him to inspire and score goals for a team 2 points behind us in the league. There's always the possibility that, with his influence, they may go above us. I think we are entitled to debate this. As long as we are paying any of his wages, let alone three-quarters, he remains part of this club, whether the anti-Stewart brigade like it or not.

2/3 not 3/4

What your suggesting though Megansdad is that we pay £5k a week for a 5th choice striker who upsets the morale of the dressing room.

Granted we might be paying half of that for no striker at all but we are avoiding any problems with morale and clearing up room to give one of our brightest prospects an extended run in the team.

There's also the fans aspect because as long as Marcus is here, there will be some who just won't shut up about Stewie everytime we lose or draw.

Oh, hold on, that's happening on this thread and he ain't even at the club!! :doh:

No we are paying 5K a week for the BEST striker BCFC have on there payroll. Please tell me where this RUBBISH rumour that you keep on about is coming from about him being bad for moral.

Either you TELL US ITS A FACT, or STOP USING IT. :shutup:

No we are paying 5K a week for the BEST striker BCFC have on there payroll. Please tell me where this RUBBISH rumour that you keep on about is coming from about him being bad for moral.

Are you honestly saying that our manager (who has got us to 1 point off the top and playing great football) is so incompetent that he'd leave the best striker we have out of the team?

Let alone at a time when we're short of options?

And that there hasn't been a bust up of sorts?

If he's as good as you say (personally I've seen no evidence to back that up from his time at city) then there must have been a bust up with the manager to the extent that there's no way back for him

OR

The manager thinks he's not worth keeping on our books due to his lack of compatibility with the way we play.

Either way, we're doing ok, so what's the problem?

Personally I rate woodman (say), but the team's doing great so I don't keep on harping on and on and on and on and on about it!

And how does your opinion on him being the best make it factual? Even if you type it in capitals? These things are subjective.

The only objective way you can measure it is to see how the team does over a long period with all other things being equal with the player in and out of the squad.

There's not many objective ways you can back up that argument is there? And there's certainly enough points won since he's been gone to weakly infer the argument against you.

The other thing to consider is that GJ has to build a team for the future. What's the point in playing MS who probably only has this season in him (and even if he could manage another one - why should we extend his contract on those wages?) when he can integrate another player who will be with us for at least next year?

At the moment he's an expensive luxury who could be taking up a position in the team at the expense of another cheaper more cost effective player coming through for the future - why would you want him in that position?

Do you want City to succeed or Marcus?

Are you honestly saying that our manager (who has got us to 1 point off the top and playing great football) is so incompetent that he'd leave the best striker we have out of the team?

Let alone at a time when we're short of options?

And that there hasn't been a bust up of sorts?

If he's as good as you say (personally I've seen no evidence to back that up from his time at city) then there must have been a bust up with the manager to the extent that there's no way back for him

OR

The manager thinks he's not worth keeping on our books due to his lack of compatibility with the way we play.

Either way, we're doing ok, so what's the problem?

Personally I rate woodman (say), but the team's doing great so I don't keep on harping on and on and on and on and on about it!

And how does your opinion on him being the best make it factual? Even if you type it in capitals? These things are subjective.

The only objective way you can measure it is to see how the team does over a long period with all other things being equal with the player in and out of the squad.

There's not many objective ways you can back up that argument is there?

This will end in tears - there is noway we can continue without a back up striker on the bench - Williams is fragile and does not look like scoring many and in my opinion more of a winger - Brooker is out injured - Nobody seems to know what the hell is wrong with enoch which leaves just Jevons and our other striker who is banging them in for somebody else, it does not make sense to me one bit.

This will end in tears - there is noway we can continue without a back up striker on the bench - Williams is fragile and does not look like scoring many and in my opinion more of a winger - Brooker is out injured - Nobody seems to know what the hell is wrong with enoch which leaves just Jevons and our other striker who is banging them in for somebody else, it does not make sense to me one bit.

Maybe, but at the time the decision was made, it hopefully made sense to you then. Five strikers and one costing £5k and unlikely to be around next season.

You can't blame the manager for lending out Marcus on the basis that 3 other strikers are crocked at present. When the decision was made it certainly seemed sound to me.

Maybe, but at the time the decision was made, it hopefully made sense to you then. Five strikers and one costing £5k and unlikely to be around next season.

You can't blame the manager for lending out Marcus on the basis that 3 other strikers are crocked at present. When the decision was made it certainly seemed sound to me.

At the time it was the correct decision - The correct decision now is to recall him from his loan which we can do.

I got it from Chris84. He's got connections and is married to John Toshack. :whistle:

I will certainly stop using it when you STOP GOING ON ABOUT A BLOODY STRIKER WHO HASN'T PLAYED FOR THE FIRST TEAM FOR OVER 6 MONTHS!

Deal? :grr:

Archived