IGNORED

Little Things That Annoy You

Dollymarie

Ok so I'm not talking big things, like chavs or granny bashers or falling out with people, but does anyone have any little obssessive things that really bug them.

I'll start, my list so far is

People leaving taps running while theyre rinsing dishes

People going round turning lights on and not turning them off

People who cant park, and park so far away from the kerb they need a taxi to get there

When you go to the cinema with someone and you offer to buy them some sweets or something and they say theyre fine, but then they spend the whole film nicking your sweets...GET YOUR OWN!

People who when theyre preparing a meal, when theyve done something like chop a carrot, then sit there munching on bits of it, while theyre waiting to add the carrot (that one is the thing that drives me most mental for some reason, doesnt have to be carrot, just people picking)

So come on then, I cant be the only one like this, do share!

Late buses :ranting:

Late trains :ranting:

Late work colleagues :ranting:

Late periods - worry time again :blush::dunno::blush::dunno::blush:

When posh people/aristocrats pronounce words in defiance of conventional spelling, for example, the place where Diana's Memorial is, is spelled "Althorp", but apparently the locals call (in a posh accent) "Altrup". Much the same with Magdalen College Oxford being pronounced like "Maudalen". Also on Uni challenge they have toffs with names "Lyngby-Bessington" and they'll always pronounce it something like "Lunbye-Beesungton". Just wanted to say I think they're a bunch of ****эrs and quite annoying.

When posh people/aristocrats pronounce words in defiance of conventional spelling, for example, the place where Diana's Memorial is, is spelled "Althorp", but apparently the locals call (in a posh accent) "Altrup". Much the same with Magdalen College Oxford being pronounced like "Maudalen". Also on Uni challenge they have toffs with names "Lyngby-Bessington" and they'll always pronounce it something like "Lunbye-Beesungton". Just wanted to say I think they're a bunch of ****эrs and quite annoying.

Is that similar to Alan Besstard when you , I and all else know the inuendo was Bast*rd .

Hypocrite

Ok so I'm not talking big things, like chavs or granny bashers or falling out with people, but does anyone have any little obssessive things that really bug them.

OK, I'm not writing about big things that irritate like the corrupt inbred Toffs that infest this country's legal and political system, but I get irritated by my cat walking across my computer keyboard as I'm typing. My cat 'Casper' often writes 'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppplllllllllllll' or similar. :rolleyes:

OK, I'm not writing about big things that irritate like the corrupt inbred Toffs that infest this country's legal and political system, but I get irritated by my cat walking across my computer keyboard as I'm typing. My cat 'Casper' often writes 'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppplllllllllllll' or similar. :rolleyes:

My cat always sits on my crutch when I need the loo in the morning!!

Tradesmen who make appointments and don't show up.

I had a day off work to sort out some renovation stuff and out of 5 different people that were supposed to be coming to quote on stuff only 1 turned up.

I would have thought they wanted the work in January but I guess not. ######s.

I'll start, my list so far is

People leaving taps running while theyre rinsing dishes

People going round turning lights on and not turning them off

People who cant park, and park so far away from the kerb they need a taxi to get there

When you go to the cinema with someone and you offer to buy them some sweets or something and they say theyre fine, but then they spend the whole film nicking your sweets...GET YOUR OWN!

People who when theyre preparing a meal, when theyve done something like chop a carrot, then sit there munching on bits of it, while theyre waiting to add the carrot (that one is the thing that drives me most mental for some reason, doesnt have to be carrot, just people picking)

So come on then, I cant be the only one like this, do share!

Dogs mess again outside my garden gate ,4 days running a couple of weeks ago and already 3 days in a row over the weekend . But I'm keeping an eye open for the owner , guess whats coming his way .

Grumpy old man time……..sorry all…..but this REALLY does wind me up to the point where I considered vengeful retaliation i.e. almost wrapping a bar stool around someone’s ears last week.

What annoys me - Getting repeatedly nudged and rubbed against by a (not-so) perfect stranger , every few seconds it seems (and not for the first time in this particular pub), whilst trying to enjoy a pint (and chatting footy of course) at a local last Friday.

I’d simply had enough of one lad doing this, even after a polite (and friendly) reminder to him some minutes before to desist, before he did do it again – ignorance or stupid as well? - before he (and female friend) buggered off to play some slots. The bar itself was ¾ was empty (1/4 occupied anyone?). In a crowded bar I could accept small incursions of MY space, not in an empty bar though.

To the lad concerned - ( in the unlikely event that you are a member of this forum)

- exactly how much room do you bleedin’ well want? If you were this person (could be a possibility) if you were pi**ed or can’t handle the dish water you were drinking please consider using some of the establishments furniture to prop yourself up in future.

Please note for future reference that YOUR FROTTEUERISM IS PARTICULARLY UNWELCOME!

Also, if you’re the friend (of the tw*t ) that I also manhandled (in a masculine manner) and had a rant at for doing the same as him last Friday night then please accept my apologies (but don’t do it again! ).

AND………………breath out, AND………………..……..relax!

There, that’s better!

Ix

People who start a list by saying 'a: blah blah blah' and then don't say a "b" before their next sentence.

People who say things like 'at this pacific moment'. IT'S SPECIFIC!!!

People who think that every TV show they like is the best thing ever, and they have to quote it all the time, and join a million groups on facebook about it, and call you a retard if you're not such a massive fan as they are (Scrubs, Family Guy good examples of this0

'We'll go round the room, everyone say their name and [insert completely inane and totally pointless fact about oneself]' AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who start a list by saying 'a: blah blah blah' and then don't say a "b" before their next sentence.

People who say things like 'at this pacific moment'. IT'S SPECIFIC!!!

People who think that every TV show they like is the best thing ever, and they have to quote it all the time, and join a million groups on facebook about it, and call you a retard if you're not such a massive fan as they are (Scrubs, Family Guy good examples of this0

'We'll go round the room, everyone say their name and [insert completely inane and totally pointless fact about oneself]' AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNLESS ones talking about the Pacific, sorry cant be more specific..

ie: "At this Pacific moment its decreasing in size" :

The Pacific contains about 25,000 islands (more than the total number in the rest of the world's oceans combined), the majority of which are found south of the equator.

The Pacific Ocean is currently shrinking from plate tectonics, while the Atlantic Ocean is increasing in size.

PS.. People who routinely add "........blah, blah, blah" to the end of a spoken sentence when describing or dismissing someone elses point of view.

Archived