IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

Im sure that City wont give a flyin ****......but I was just about to invest in a season ticket for the 1st time in 9 years.  But after another bunch of mistruths and lack of ambition,,,I'm gonna keep my money in my pocket...cause you just trust this club to tell the truth.........and for that matter the players

My point exactly , although i am a season ticket holder .

How about "I can go to a club which got two games from the Premier League twice in a row, or I can stay at a club which might never get there?"  :facepalm:

I'll bet real money that Brighton do not reach the prem and that I 2 years we are playing at the same level.

It just annoys me how the club treats us like idiots , why deny that he's not going , we all new agard was brought in as a replacement , he should have played him saturday and left baldock out .

How do you know Agard was fit? Brighton might not of met our valuation of Baldock by Saturday

Im sure that City wont give a flyin ****......but I was just about to invest in a season ticket for the 1st time in 9 years.  But after another bunch of mistruths and lack of ambition,,,I'm gonna keep my money in my pocket...cause you just trust this club to tell the truth.........and for that matter the players

Didn't season ticket sales cease at 5pm? This deal was conveniently not announced until 6pm (what a coincidence) so surely you missed the boat anyway? (P.S. the season started 3 weeks ago!)

Easy to say when the deal's been done.

With all the positivity from the club lately, it was easy to get suckered in and think we were really going to show some ambition by adding to our quality, not selling our best player and replacing with someone less proven. But business is business and if the player wants to move, I don't see what more the club could have done to be honest.

It was obvious. It's business at the end of the day. The club couldn't afford to lose out on their prize asset financially , so it was just a case of buying some time and getting a replacement in before sealing the deal, and to avoid upsetting the buoyant mood of the supporters.

It doesn't mean that City aren't ambitious, but any club will face having to do this if a player goes into the last year of his current deal without putting pen to paper on a new deal.

Let's hope Agard can do the business.

A supporter goes up to Baldock and says " are you staying " Baldock says something diplomatic, supporter then thinks they've got some sort of special bond ! some supporters naievitty will never cease to amaze me ! what do they expect Baldock ( or any other player ) to say, " yeh I'm off asap, btw thanks for digging into your hard earned for my golden boot !

Get over it lads. Baldock is just another player who had a good season before being signed by a club higher up. Same thing has happened with the likes of Bob Taylor, Shaun Goater, Leroy Lita, Nicky Maynard and will no doubt happen again in the future.

Just move on.

Why the frig should we move on..........we pay their wages....I'm frigging fed up with movin on, I'm staying exactly where I want to be.  Really peed off with money grabbing dilsoyal footballers who keep ending up at my club.  Move On?......No thanks

I'll bet real money that Brighton do not reach the prem and that I 2 years we are playing at the same level.

Me too. Brighton are nothing special, riding of the crest of a wave because of there new stadium it seems to me. There little honeymoon period in the Championship will end like it did for us and they will soon come unstuck..

Its an interesting one for sure. I guess we could say we are not selling. I am not an expert on players contracts, and have no idea if they have release clauses if higher league teams come in.

I do agree promotion is worth forgoing 1.5 m for sure, I just think its much more nuanced than its the club selling best players, lack of ambition etc.

Yeah that's just frustration talking to be honest. If this had happened in July I'd be a lot calmer about it.

Three words.... Season Ticket Sales.

As much as I think it stinks what the club did today with ST sales and the timing of the announcement, I'd say we're better off without the type of fan who chooses not to support the club based on whether one individual stays or goes. Bottom line is we're in league one and unless we're at the top end of the Premier League we're always going to have to sell our best players once they get too good for the level we're at.

Why the frig should we move on..........we pay their wages....I'm frigging fed up with movin on, I'm staying exactly where I want to be. Really peed off with money grabbing dilsoyal footballers who keep ending up at my club. Move On?......No thanks

Supporting a club in this day and age is probably not for you then. I honestly couldnt give a f0ok about him, good luck to him getting a 4 year deal worth x amount if it was me i would be doing exactly the same.

As robbored said we have seen it before and we will see it again. Its what happens when you drop to the third tier you are easy pickings for your dog average 2nd tier clubs like Brighton. It is what it is im afraid.

As much as I think it stinks what the club did today with ST sales and the timing of the announcement, I'd say we're better off without the type of fan who chooses not to support the club based on whether one individual stays or goes. Bottom line is we're in league one and unless we're at the top end of the Premier League we're always going to have to sell our best players once they get too good for the level we're at.

This is Baldock were are talking about...hes hardly a Ronaldo or a Bale...we should be able to hold onto him

Why the frig should we move on..........we pay their wages....I'm frigging fed up with movin on, I'm staying exactly where I want to be.  Really peed off with money grabbing dilsoyal footballers who keep ending up at my club.  Move On?......No thanks

Reword this sentence..

Grip..A..get..

What does Baldock owe us? He lives nowhere near Bristol, has no personal ties to the club, he's came here, done well, got a move to a bigger club and life goes on.. what's with the all the outrage??

All this talk of ticket sales and whether to buy one, I cant help but feel like its being blown a little out of proportion.

City sell average striker, city sign average striker, city continue to perform slightly better than the sum of all parts and finish in the same place.

This is Baldock were are talking about...hes hardly a Ronaldo or a Bale...we should be able to hold onto him

And we're Bristol City, not Barcelona. You clearly think we have more pulling power than we really do. Bottom line is we're a division three club and a division two club wanted him. If you worked in Lidl and Tesco offered you a lucrative deal you'd probably step up too.

Yeah that's just frustration talking to be honest. If this had happened in July I'd be a lot calmer about it.

Agree with that totally.

One of the issues being so far down the food chain is that a game of dominos starts higher up, it can take a while to get to us. Having said that, it is some time that Brighton have been sniffing, and the delay has not helped. Clearly we were not going to be a forced seller for a try it on offer.

Have to say a four year deal also seems a hell of a commitment. Could well be behind the scenes the club and Sammy both had to get deals they were more than happy with and that was far from certain. I like him as a player a lot, but thats one heck of an offer term wise for him, and some risk to them.

Either way, sooner we get a league higher the more protected we are from this sort of frustration.

I am sure. What some seem to be assuming is that at the end of the day the club has as simple a choice as to sell or no to sell. At 25 a key player is offered a four year championship deal. I am disappointed, but if a player wants to go, then what does a club do? How about hold out for as long as possible, fish a little to see if anyone else is interested, make out you do not have to sell, get a replacement in early, get the price up to what you think is fair, then shake his hand and wish him well?

But come on aren't just a little bit fed up with this?............Captain?, loves Bristol?,  family settled?, just restored partnership with Wilbraham? Gives us Three quality strikers to rotate that all promotion sides need?, club states "Not for Sale"? Three weeks into season?..........Not just a Little bit?

Do you know if he's heard of anymore outgoings/incomings in the next few days?

No, Loco. Agard is Baldock's replacement seemed to be the vibe.

That's not to say Cotterill and Burt aren't working on something as we speak.

And in an alternative universe, Master Landsown jnr is working his way through that Xcel spreadsheet of his... (stifles laughter)

All this talk of ticket sales and whether to buy one, I cant help but feel like its being blown a little out of proportion.

City sell average striker, city sign average striker, city continue to perform slightly better than the sum of all parts and finish in the same place.

Suck it and see. From what I can see Agard will be a suitable replacement for SB. Will we get someone else in before deadline day? Who knows. COYR...

Archived