IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Sounds like a greyhound . If he can also control a ball like a Jack Russell he could be a useful addition .

Can just see him snarling and going for the groin of some hairy arsed centre back and trying to worry it right off. Jacks`ll take on anything, no matter how big.

Except mine who`s scared stiff of bloody pheasants FFS!

Seems to be a lot of people assuming Wolves would go after him. If you were a Wolves fan and just pocketed £10m and lost your main striker you'd probably be expecting more than Clough IMO. They might even stick more on top and go after someone like Rhodes for all we know.. 

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Seems to be a lot of people assuming Wolves would go after him. If you were a Wolves fan and just pocketed £10m and lost your main striker you'd probably be expecting more than Clough IMO. They might even stick more on top and go after someone like Rhodes for all we know..

They might even go for JK..

27 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Without having to go all the way thru this thread and the nonsense and not having seen him play,is he any good 

If I've had to suffer going all through this thread so should you. 

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I'm with you Tomarse. If I were Wolves, Gayle would be my target. 

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The reason I mentioned that, on this thread was because I saw a rumour saying they had targets but were waiting to get money in first and may take a punt on Clough if it didn't come soon. Someone said 2 clubs were interested enough to bid, and the other one was Huddersfield. It's all conjecture , jsut hope we get a few bodies in soon. If only to fill the bench !

I cannot verify this but one of my work colleagues is a bwfc season ticket holder and he has just text me to say that the rumour on their forum is that this is a done deal and it is 2m upfront with add ins and he will have a medical with us on Monday.

dont shoot the messenger but he has been a St holder for 20 years and believes this is true...

fingers crossed

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

He did say nothing official but their forum is pretty reliable 

All due respect , forums are full of Bullshit ! Just look at this one :cool:

I hope you're right, he looks an exciting prospect and already very good. Just the sort of player SL would be looking at.

5 minutes ago, SnozRobin said:

Unlike ours.

I was gonna temper my sweeping bit of news with exactly this...our forum has shown that no one is itk so I am still very sceptical, but my mate is not a glory hunter, he wS there when they were in div 4 under Phil Neal and I do respect his info

That was the rumour I heard, if the money came in early enough they would go for Gayle. They were looking at Clough as a maybe.

I do wonder if our interest will be followed up now. Bournemouth have a new striker so   Kermorgant  will be surplus to requirements, just seems to go against what we have been supposedly looking at. Young prospects with potential sell on value, not 34 year olds. 

3 hours ago, cityexile said:

So far it is

Liverpool v Exeter
Villa v Wycombe
Bradford v Bury
Bolton v Eastleigh
Reading v Huddlesfield
Portsmouth v Ipswich
MK Dons v Northampton

Will chose two. Decent shout. Liverpool and Eastleigh may be up there, but both minnows are away. 

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That was the rumour I heard, if the money came in early enough they would go for Gayle. They were looking at Clough as a maybe.

I do wonder if our interest will be followed up now. Bournemouth have a new striker so   Kermorgant  will be surplus to requirements, just seems to go against what we have been supposedly looking at. Young prospects with potential sell on value, not 34 year olds. 

Agree with what you say about what the club is looking for, however I do feel an element of experience is required , considering this is a very inexperienced team at this level

Lennon Is resigned to the player having to leave pronto. They need the money quickly, I guess it's a question who can come up with the cash quickly enough so Bolton can pay the Taxman? My only concern is that If the lad is as talented as we are being told he is, why hasn't he gone to a Prem Team already? http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14193886.Lennon_resigned_to_losing_star_striker_Zach_Clough_after___3m_Bristol_City_bid/

*the small print (in case Zach reads this forum while deciding whether or not to join us)

It is a tradition to refer to a new or potential new signing as awful on this forum if we ever want any chance of them being any good whatsoever.

If we fail to do so the new signee has to take part in a special initiation involving a vat of cider and a dozen badgers at mid-night in one of the many properties owned by our incredibly well respected Mayor.

Or maybe I've had enough cider for one day.

Is there such a thing?

5 minutes ago, Eastred said:

Lennon Is resigned to the player having to leave pronto. They need the money quickly, I guess it's a question who can come up with the cash quickly enough so Bolton can pay the Taxman? My only concern is that If the lad is as talented as we are being told he is, why hasn't he gone to a Prem Team already? http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14193886.Lennon_resigned_to_losing_star_striker_Zach_Clough_after___3m_Bristol_City_bid/

Possibly injuries? He's young and already had a couple of bad ones. 

I am the only one not excited by the potential signing of Zach Clough, he has only scored 3 in 13 starts for Bolton this season, that hardly sounds like a lethal striker, worse than 1 in 4 ratio. 3m on this kid who seems to have made it clear he doesn't really want to leave Bolton, seems doubtful use of our funds to me.

Archived