IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

5 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Agreed, and with the Yannick money too, we could go for a better striker than anticipated but I do have a feeling prices will go up from today and tomorrow, especially for us, losing our top goal scorer.

I suspect this is particularly true of Championship strikers - makes me think we might be better looking at importing a striker from elsewhere.  I'm not going to pretend to know anything at all about the Canadian or Swedish lads who have been linked with us but, if they're any cop, that might be a good route to go down to get better value for money.

I also think, if we do have an unexpected windfall and we don't run out of time, we should look to use any additional money to get a fourth CB and, much as I like the guy, also upgrade on Mark Little as our back-up right back.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I suspect this is particularly true of Championship strikers - makes me think we might be better looking at importing a striker from elsewhere.  I'm not going to pretend to know anything at all about the Canadian or Swedish lads who have been linked with us but, if they're any cop, that might be a good route to go down to get better value for money.

I also think, if we do have an unexpected windfall and we don't run out of time, we should look to use any additional money to get a fourth CB and, much as I like the guy, also upgrade on Mark Little as our back-up right back.

I still think someone (Sunderland, Burnley etc) could try their luck with Flint.

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

Villa have put in a bid for 20mil for Hernandez. 

So either the Villa deal isn't true. Or Kodjia is their plan b

Hernandez deal has fallen through

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be fair, I think if he learns to time his runs a little better and gets even more consistent with his finishing then he could be a £15 million striker but Villa (or whoever) are taking a big gamble on potential.  I certainly think we should sell.  I'm confident that MA and LJ will have had contingency plans in mind all summer.  My one concern is we might actually be a bit caught out by how much money we've made on JK and might end up having a rapid rethink on targets due to having £5 million more available to spend than we'd accounted for...

How much extra we have in the bank shouldn't affect who we are going for, it's highly unlikely that we were ever looking to spend £10m+ on one player in this window.

6 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Let's hope that this turns out like when Mickey left and was forever dogshit afterwards!

Let's hope he tears the Prem apart and get's sold to Real Madrid for £100m and be on 15% of that.

Let's hope he does really well so players  believe that BCFC are a great club for part of their career.

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

In hearing from the Aston Villa end that medical has been done (& passed) and the deal is for... Just wait for it...

£15m plus add ons. 

Un - ******* - believable. 

If we get anything over 10million then someone should call the serious fraud office.

Archived