IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Lansdown said no, no, no, to selling Kodjia to a Championship rival: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36942088

Jonathan Kodjia: Bristol City forward has £10m-plus price tag, says owner Steve Lansdown

Bristol City will not sell Ivory Coast forward Jonathan Kodjia for less than £10m, says owner Steve Lansdown.

The 26-year-old was the Championship club's top scorer last season, with 20 goals in 48 games in all competitions.

Lansdown also said the Robins would not sell Kodjia to any Championship clubs.

"It would have to be a mega price to prize him away and it would have to be a Premier League side," Lansdown told BBC Radio Bristol. "People have talked about five or six million - no chance."

The former Angers front man, who signed for the club in July 2015 for around £2m, played 90 minutes as City beat Wigan Athletic 2-1 on Saturday in their first match of 2016-17 and their first home game in the fully-redeveloped Ashton Gate.

"We wouldn't sell him to anybody in in the Championship because we're looking to compete in the Championship this year, and he's an integral part of that," Lansdown added.

"If it's not £10 million-plus, we're not even looking at it. If it's £10 million-plus from a Championship club, we're still not looking at it.

"If somebody comes in with the right offer, you've got to look at it."

OK ... and your point is? I for one would prefer SL to go back on his statement to accept what is a colossal and stupid amount of money for a striker who hasn't yet learned to kick with his left foot.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

French media reporting 20 million euros or £17 mil.

The football world has gone officially mad, I am not sure that Villa fans realise what they are actually getting.

Getting a very good 2nd division striker with the potential to be a Premier League striker in time. If his decision making was better last season he could of scored 50.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The football world has gone officially mad, I am not sure that Villa fans realise what they are actually getting.

Exclusive footage from Mark Ashton's office

post-39688-show-me-the-money-gif-Imgur-J

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I know what their getting.

Stuffed on Saturday and shafted on Tuesday..

4 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

"If somebody an idiot with more money than sense comes in with the right offer, you've got to look at it."

Slight correction needed RR.

The problem is money talks in football.an average player can be sold for mega bucks during silly season.Kodja not average so if someone comes in with silly money and player not happy move him on.SL did say he would not sell to another championship side. But let's face it anything in the £15m  bracket would mean a get return on last summers failed transfer window !!!

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Getting a very good 2nd division striker with the potential to be a Premier League striker in time. If his decision making was better last season he could of scored 50.

You could say that about most strikers. If Freeman could make decisions quickly and well he'd be in the Premier League, if Flint could decide not to hoof the ball when distributing, he'd be in the Premier League. Decision making is much more important than is given credit. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The point @Portland Bill is making is a simple one; don't say you won't sell to a C'ship club when you obviously would if the price is right...

I think at the time he had every intention of sticking to it, but when the player decides he is moving it changes things. 

It helps that the money appears to be ludicrous. 

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

You could say that about most strikers. If Freeman could make decisions quickly and well he'd be in the Premier League, if Flint could decide not to hoof the ball when distributing, he'd be in the Premier League. Decision making is much more important than is given credit. 

Ok, Il change that to "Natural Ability", he has the ability to get to the Prem. I dont think Freeman does have that ability (Flint maybe)

12:33

VILLA CLOSE ON KODJIA

It could be a busy/expensive couple of days for Aston Villa, who are close to signing striker Jonathan Kodjia from Bristol City for £15m.

A source close to the deal says he’s hopeful it will be completed before tomorrow’s deadline.

City signed the striker from Angers last summer for £2m.

11 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Here are our transfers from 20 years ago. Times definitely change.

IN

PLAYER FROM FEE DATE
Stuart Naylor West Brom Free 13 Aug, 1996
Shaun Goater Rotherham £175,000 17 Aug, 1996
Greg Goodridge QPR £50,000 19 Aug, 1996
Shaun Taylor Swindon £50,000 06 Sep, 1996
Paul Allen Swindon Free 16 Jan, 1997
Total: £275,000

OUT

PLAYER TO FEE DATE
Matt Bryant Gillingham £65,000 01 Aug, 1996
Richard Dryden Southampton £150,000 06 Aug, 1996
Wayne Brown Chester Free 30 Sep, 1996
Scott Partridge Cardiff £50,000 14 Feb, 1997
Alan McLeary Millwall Free 21 Feb, 1997
Kevin Nugent Cardiff £65,000 27 Jun, 1997
Total: £330,000

I tell you what, relative to our status/position at the time, that wasn't a bad window for 'In' was it? Naylor, Goater, Taylor... even Greg Goodridge 

Though did we really only sign Shaun Taylor 20 years ago? And sell Partidge the same window? That doesn't sound right to me

3 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I know what their getting. Someone who constantly gets offside. 

Let's be real, they're getting someone who scored 20 goals for a struggling team which struggle to create anything for large swathes of the season. Kodjia is an excellent player and it will be a big loss if he leaves, irrespective of the transfer fee. I will wish him well.

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

I tell you what, relative to our status/position at the time, that wasn't a bad window for 'In' was it? Naylor, Goater, Taylor... even Greg Goodridge 

Though did we really only sign Shaun Taylor 20 years ago? And sell Partidge the same window? That doesn't sound right to me

Scott Partridge the striker. Not the waste of space defender

When you consider the relatively low wage demands of Kodjia, it might be that Villa don't consider the transfer fee to be that important. Certainly a lot cheaper than forking out the same amount for Hernandez and then 4 years worth of Prem wages on top!

Just now, HitchinRed said:

Have Villa got Tim Nice-but-Dim conducting their negotiations?

Archived