IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

1 minute ago, EnderMB said:

Now that Kodjia is gone, the question of his replacement raises its ugly head again.

Assuming we get just under £7m of the transfer fee, I wonder if that'll be enough to bring in another forward, or whether our plan is to stick with Abraham until we can sign someone?

Why are we assuming 30% ? Can't help thinking it's not that high, truth is no one on here knows 

8 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Now that Kodjia is gone, the question of his replacement raises its ugly head again.

Assuming we get just under £7m of the transfer fee, I wonder if that'll be enough to bring in another forward, or whether our plan is to stick with Abraham until we can sign someone?

Plus the Ayling, Agard & Williams money not to mention the Bolasie windfall.  We should be ok I think

Good player, but not worth £15mil. Still, good money for the club to bolster the ranks.

What's more interesting is that until now, Akinbiyi back in 1997 was our highest sell at £3.5mil. Gone are the days of driving past the 'AKINBIYI PLEASE STAY' graffiti on the Portway.

Just now, billywedlock said:

I am far from happy he is going to a rival , really. However, what an idiot JK is, Villa are a club that could easily be relegated this year. They are a basket case of a club, he has gone for money, not football. He should have tried to get to the Prem. He is being badly advised. 

As much as I agree with most of what you say - I highly doubt Villa will be relegated.

Highly doubt.

Can see us going with the young Swedish lad and possibly waghorn and Abraham till Jan then spending if that doesn't work, Rhodes or assombolonga would cost at least what we have received for Kodjia and we wouldn't pay the £40k a week in wages both players would likely ask for

This is an exceptional fee for city and is good buisness. However surely we can only perceive it to be good if we replace the two strikers we clearly need now. Otherwise losing his 20 goal threat will damage any aspirations of going up. 

Time will tell, but at least we learnt from the Maynard situation 

I have to say that whilst I'm grateful for his goals last season, I can't completely share in the good will. Mark Ashton says that we didn't want to sell. But Kodjia got distracted by the interest and agitated for a move. 

"We’ve continually told Jonathan that we don’t want him to go, but recently he’s made it clear that he’s aware of the interest of other clubs and that he wanted to leave."

Which leaves a sour taste. The erasing of City from his Instagram. Why? Was that really necessary? Another player having a strop for not getting his own way? I don't wish the guy ill but I can't wish him well either. He's been with us for one year. ONE YEAR! Don't think that warrants that much praise.

Did he ever give an interview? Stockhausen was saying last week that he never managed to interview him. 

The deal by the club is seriously unbelievable. An amazing piece of business. Kodjia is a decent player, but as I've said several times before, he's not that good, and from the evidence of this season, still needs to iron out all the familiar flaws. 

So, what type of reception do you think he deserves when we go to Villa?

1. Standing ovation.

2. Polite ovation.

3. Nothing. Ignored.

4. Booed. 

I'll be going for option 3. 

£11m up front + sell on money from Bolaise in the City bank - wow

Who would have thought that after the summer of spending, that we now have a net profit of several miliion!

Also have up to £4 m more from Kodjia + sell on fee part of deal for future revenue.

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

Because of the price limits etc he himself discussed. They had to announce that it was a lot of money (more than he said), so we don't lose face and we don't look like a selling club.

Despite the fee being absurd, I bet the Villa owner was happy to disclose it too.

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Our game will be pushed back to a mid-week game I reckon, as 28th Jan is FA Cup Rd 2 weekend I think. 

Imagine that us or Villa will be in round 2 of the cup. Well you'd reckon :facepalm:

You do know we don't enter until the 3rd round don't you?

Archived