IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I would like to see how many of Kodj's goals last season had no impact on the amount of points gained by the club.

6 goals in defeats

1 v Brentford (H). Lost 4-2
1 v Burnley (H). Lost 1-2
2 v Birmingham (A). Lost 4-2
1 v Fulham (H). Lost 1-4
1 v Derby (A). Lost 2-3

5 goals where we would have won without his goals

2 v Bolton (H). Won 6-0
1 v Sheffield Weds (H). Won 4-1
2 v Huddersfield (H). Won 4-0

28 minutes ago, rockinrobin said:

What a sensible post spud I think a lot of people forget about ffp and we need to keep turning deals over to be financialy sustainable in the Championship as well as what is good for the individual player.

What a trannfer window this is turning out to be.

It beats last summer's

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

6 goals in defeats

1 v Fulham (H). Lost 1-4
1 v Derby (A). Lost 2-3

5 goals we would have won without his goals

2 v Bolton (H). Won 6-0

I saw plenty of sitters missed which would have given us points though

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

See the `SL always lies to us` brigade have come out from wherever they`ve been lurking.

Can`t wait to pick the negatives out of a positive some people.

Agree or not………it is what was said. "We are ambitious, and will NOT sell to rivals in the Championship, the only way he will leave is to a Premiership club"   It sounds like good business (dependent on who we get as a replacement) , and Iv'e no idea if Kodjia is a money grabbing fool or a smart operator.  But time will tell if it's a good move for both parties, and that will be become apparent in May 2017.  However, I would hope in future that smokescreens and lies are kept to minimum when communications are made to our loyal fan base …………it doesn't look or sound good, when they operate a volte-face, and it just appears that they are telling us what we want to hear, rather than the truth.   Anyhow the real villains are the fat-walleted agents

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Maybe, but I got the impression he  was never committed to the club, so with that I am delighted that we have turned a good profit, we are no longer the also ran but a big hitter in this league, and those that thought a top 6 was pie in the sky better think again. I am happy that Abrahams is here albeit just for a season, he is a real talent and has a connect with the fans, apart from his goals that through ball to put JB in on Saturday was way beyond his years. I would love to have him here, full time, go on Steve, it's worth a try.

If he was never committed to the club then perhaps thee is a stronger chance that LJ and MA have been working on a contingency to replace him should he leave this summer. If so there's a better chance of a good replacement(s) coming in before the deadline.

As for Tammy, he's on fire but I fear that every goal he scores for us makes it even more unlikely that we will have any chance if signing him permanently. A stupid bid now might be the best, or only chance of it happening, but I suspect Chelsea would ask silly money, but then again we might be prepared to pay it!

9 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I would like to see how many of Kodj's goals last season had no impact on the amount of points gained by the club.

Preston finished 11th last season, scoring 45 in 46 games. They only conceded 45 too. Not letting in shedloads of goals this year will see us finish top half, scoring shedloads isn't essential to gain points (it's good to watch though)

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

6 goals in defeats

1 v Fulham (H). Lost 1-4
1 v Derby (A). Lost 2-3

5 goals where we would have won without his goals

2 v Bolton (H). Won 6-0

His goals certainly contributed to us staying up, but people are wrong to say they were the main reason we stayed up.

We stayed up because:

1. We sacked Cotterill

2. We changed formation.

3. We signed Tomlin on loan.

4. Lee Johnson 

5. Kodjia's goals.

Sacking Steve Cotterill was the main reason we stayed up. 

Personally i wish Jimmy all the best. Was excellent for us last season. I can't remember the last player to hit 20 for us, let alone in the 2nd tier. Yes he could have had more but for 2/3rds of the season he was in a struggling side. Undoubtedly his goals kept us up and now we've made a monster profit on him in 12 months.

On that note, well done again to Mark Ashton and co. Not just for this deal but for getting decent money for our fringe players. Usually players rot in the reserves whilst they see out their City contracts. Ashton deserves as much credit for this as he does for the players in imo.

This has been arguably our best ever haul of signings (9 at present) and we are still way in profit. Unbelievable.

£8m profit. Today Bristol City, tomorrow Villa and this time next year, he'll be Rooney's strike partner at Old Trafford - sold for £50m and we get 10 - 20% profit clause. £4m to £8m I reckon.

Good luck Kodj. Liked his play but when your head gets turned by a wedge of cash, it's time to go.

This is what beat Villa Saturday:

bristol-city-lee-tomlin-championship_3773998.jpg

Togetherness and spirit. A team. 

There's all 10 outfield players in there, mobbing Tomlin. All of them. And RO'D somewhere out of shot, running round like a loon. Unlike when Grealish scored (check out Ayew's non reaction).

11 blokes with a bit of quality pulling together is hard to beat. Kodj was exciting at times and his 20 goals were very welcome but we were crap for three fifths of last season. We'll be alright.

I keep hearing that he wanted to leave, and that he no longer wanted to play for Bristol City. Have I missed something……….or is this just conjecture and reading between the lines?  Has Kodjia stated that he wanted to leave (obviously he has achieved is aim) or is this unsubstantiated gossip.  Is it still the case that if Kodjia requested a move, he will  not receive a percentage of the fee….or am I stuck in the past?…and that no longer applies?

8 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Personally i wish Jimmy all the best. Was excellent for us last season. I can't remember the last player to hit 20 for us, let alone in the 2nd tier. Yes he could have had more but for 2/3rds of the season he was in a struggling side. Undoubtedly his goals kept us up and now we've made a monster profit on him in 12 months.

On that note, well done again to Mark Ashton and co. Not just for this deal but for getting decent money for our fringe players. Usually players rot in the reserves whilst they see out their City contracts. Ashton deserves as much credit for this as he does for the players in imo.

This has been arguably our best ever haul of signings (9 at present) and we are still way in profit. Unbelievable.

Baldock was the last

Maynard at this level

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I keep hearing that he wanted to leave, and that he no longer wanted to play for Bristol City. Have I missed something……….or is this just conjecture and reading between the lines?  Has Kodjia stated that he wanted to leave (obviously he has achieved is aim) or is this unsubstantiated gossip.  Is it still the case that if Kodjia requested a move, he will  not receive a percentage of the fee….or am I stuck in the past?…and that no longer applies?

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that he didn't look totally interested in any of the games I've seen him play in this season. My opinion before his potential move came to light was that he wanted to move and not be here.

Surprised by some of the stick Lansdown is getting for his "we won't sell to another Championship club" line.  It goes without saying that means "unless we get a silly offer", and it also shows potential purchasers that the club will drive a hard bargain.  Sure enough, someone has just paid £15m for what was effectively our second-choice striker, who hadn't scored a goal this season and started his last game for the club out of position!  Well played Steve.

I can picture it. The usual family roast at the Lansdowns last Sunday..

Jon:  Dad, I'm sorry to say that Kodjia definitely wants to leave. We've received a £10m bid from Hull, and a £15m bid from Villa. I'd imagine he'll choose Villa as its more financially viable for him, and to be honest...it's by far the best option financially for the club as well.

Steve: For **** sake son, did you not hear what I said on the radio last month!? I don't care if it's gonna cost us £5 million. His only option is Hull, and if doesn't want to go there, then he'll just have to rot in the reserves until another Premiership club comes in for him, or until his contract runs out.

Crikey, have I not taught you anything boy. I mean whatever will the fans think of me!?

I can't believe our owner lied to us?

Get a grip some people. 

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Read the article on the Bristol City site. It states MA and LJ repeatedly told Kodjia they wanted him to stay yet he knew other teams were interested and said he wanted to talk to them. 

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

MA has raised our game dramatically. He is performing very very well. Full credit to him. I was not keen on him talking too much when he arrived, it was all about him and trying almost to justify himself. he need not have bothered, facts and actions do that, and he has delivered in spades. Best signing SL has made. ever. 

Agree totally. I think early doors he was just putting it out there that he was in charge now and City wouldn`t be the soft touch/retirement home that we had a reputation for being. After that, he`s just got his head down and got on with it and his stock is going to be sky high within the game now.

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that he didn't look totally interested in any of the games I've seen him play in this season. My opinion before his potential move came to light was that he wanted to move and not be here.

I don't think he played any different to any of the games last season. Which is part of the problem with Kodjia. A lot to learn.

8 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

This is what beat Villa Saturday:

bristol-city-lee-tomlin-championship_3773998.jpg

Togetherness and spirit. A team. 

There's all 10 outfield players in there, mobbing Tomlin. All of them. And RO'D somewhere out of shot, running round like a loon. Unlike when Grealish scored (check out Ayew's non reaction).

11 blokes with a bit of quality pulling together is hard to beat. Kodj was exciting at times and his 20 goals were very welcome but we were crap for three fifths of last season. We'll be alright.

We need some inspirational music to go with this. As I'm at work, a smile will have to do. 

7 minutes ago, Webzcas said:

For this season he is and the present is what matters at the moment. Trust the club, MA has worked wonders this summer. #believe

Serious question regarding an issue which concerns me a little. If Chelsea received an acceptable bid for Tammy before the window closes from say WBA will this bring about the end of our loan arrangement? I presume that it would.

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Serious question regarding an issue which concerns me a little. If Chelsea received an acceptable bid for Tammy before the window closes from say WBA will this bring about the end of our loan arrangement? I presume that it would.

I don't think so. They have no right of recall do they, so technically, for this season anyway, he's our player.

What's tragic is that after he's scored 25 goals (at least) for us this season, he'll return to Chelsea, only to be shipped out on loan elsewhere. Young English talent rarely appreciated these days by the top clubs. Sad.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Read the article on the Bristol City site. It states MA and LJ repeatedly told Kodjia they wanted him to stay yet he knew other teams were interested and said he wanted to talk to them. 

Thanks……..I should have done my research.   Having read the article……..I say good riddance to him, he's had his head turned by agents, and is not smart enough to realise that he is making a lucrative short term decision, but not a very bright long term one.  Still there is very little loyalty in football anymore, and if a player wants out…….get rid of him before he pollutes the dressing room.   A Very large congrats to the scout who spotted him in France, he's made the club a big profit & probably kept us in the championship last season.  If it wasn't for our scouting system Kodjia would still be in France on a fraction of what he will earn at Villa, instead of ordering a Porsche and a Mansion in Moseley.

Archived