IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

5. City fans wear stripy tops, berets and a string of onions round their necks and sing La Marseillaise when the players come out.

6. City fans dress up as Adam Ant and learn the words to Stand and Deliver

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

He is on record as saying an offer had to be at least £10 million and he'd only to sell to a Premiership club.  We sold to a championship club for £11m which to my mind says SL's word is only worth the £1 million.

it's worth that 1 mil to ship out a player who clearly wanted to leave us and ship him out before some of the reported negativity entered into what appears to be a happy and together dressing room and I thank LJ and BCFC who if you ask me created this bidding frenzy with the clever way that they have handled this since about 2pm last Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

So you think it's a bad deal?

i don't think it's a good idea selling one of your best assets to one of your main competitors.  Supposing we meet Villa in the playoff final and Jimmy scores the winning goal which takes them up.  The £11m minus 15% to the French, won't look so good then.

20 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I am far from happy he is going to a rival , really. However, what an idiot JK is, Villa are a club that could easily be relegated this year. They are a basket case of a club, he has gone for money, not football. He should have tried to get to the Prem. He is being badly advised. 

Whilst I agree with your sentiment BW...I think it's more intricate than that.

A four year deal at JK's age is not to be sniffed at.

Plus...reading between the lines, it seems AV were the Club that agreed to our terms on how we wanted to be paid.

Other Clubs may have come in for him and offered a similar amount...but the structure of the payments may have been different.

It seems this deal suited all parties, to everyone's benefit.

There is also no reason why if he does well, that he could be bought by another Prem Club.

I know WBA were in for him, but have no idea of what they would give up front and how they would pay. Plus how long a length contract they offered to JK.

4 years is a bloody good contract to get at 27.

Well done City!   No good trying to keep a player who wants out.

No way on past career is he worth £11/15 m.

What a silly young man to leave a club on the up for a club on the way down, and who are highly likely to sack their manager at some point this season.  The same manager who has brought him into their club.

Still believe, on balance, he will be back in French football within 18 months.

Upwards and onwards, City.

COYR 

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Great business.

Not sure about wishing him well, he forces the move?

We will finish above Villa. 

Agree with all three points. With that attack, Villa *should* score goals, but they're also under a huge amount of pressure, and with that chairman in charge, you know stability is the last thing they'll be getting. 

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Villa owners happy

Or drunk. I'm going for drunk..

image.jpeg

Great to read and pretty much proves what I thought all along.

playing in the Prem had nothing to do with it and all this unrest has solely been about one thing....money

Villa are a car crash and won't be back in the Prem any time soon

Great deal for us...but glad to get shot of him now 

1 minute ago, Malago said:

i don't think it's a good idea selling one of your best assets to one of your main competitors.  Supposing we meet Villa in the playoff final and Jimmy scores the winning goal which takes them up.  The £11m minus 15% to the French, won't look so good then.

Or suppose we use the money from JK's sale, to find another like him, and he scores the winner against Villa in the play off's?

It's all if's and buts...He's had one season at this level... hasn't scored this season, and as has been reported, wanted to leave as his head had been turned.

What's the point of keeping a player if he wants to move and his heart isn't in it?

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

He is 26

3 weeks off 27 mate...swings and roundabouts ;-)

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Plus...reading between the lines, it seems AV were the Club that agreed to our terms on how we wanted to be paid.

Other Clubs may have come in for him and offered a similar amount...but the structure of the payments may have been different.

There is also no reason why if he does well, that he could be bought by another Prem Club.

I know WBA were in for him, but have no idea of what they would give up front and how they would pay. Plus how long a length contract they offered to JK.

What a sensible post spud I think a lot of people forget about ffp and we need to keep turning deals over to be financialy sustainable in the Championship as well as what is good for the individual player.

What a trannfer window this is turning out to be.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Not according to this.

Duty bound to point out that @WBA are NOT in for Kodjia - nor ever have been. Apologies. Information can get garbled with meter ticking!

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Moaners moan; trolls troll.

The club finishing bottom of the prem gets £90m.  I would say our chances of reaching the prem are significantly lower today then they were yesterday.  If you think that's moaning and trolling I couldn't give a 

8 minutes ago, Malago said:

Unfortunately for Villa, Jimmy's 85th minute "winner" in the play off final is pegged back by 2 late Tammy gaols to seal promotion for Bristol City. That's Tammy's 35th goal of the season and triggers the cause in the loan deal whereby City can purchase Tammy on a permanent deal for £20m !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all good I tell 'ee

13 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

I have to say that whilst I'm grateful for his goals last season, I can't completely share in the good will. Mark Ashton says that we didn't want to sell. But Kodjia got distracted by the interest and agitated for a move. 

"We’ve continually told Jonathan that we don’t want him to go, but recently he’s made it clear that he’s aware of the interest of other clubs and that he wanted to leave."

Which leaves a sour taste. The erasing of City from his Instagram. Why? Was that really necessary? Another player having a strop for not getting his own way? I don't wish the guy ill but I can't wish him well either. He's been with us for one year. ONE YEAR! Don't think that warrants that much praise.

Did he ever give an interview? Stockhausen was saying last week that he never managed to interview him. 

The deal by the club is seriously unbelievable. An amazing piece of business. Kodjia is a decent player, but as I've said several times before, he's not that good, and from the evidence of this season, still needs to iron out all the familiar flaws. 

So, what type of reception do you think he deserves when we go to Villa?

1. Standing ovation.

2. Polite ovation.

3. Nothing. Ignored.

4. Booed. 

I'll be going for option 3. 

The funny thing is that people on here have raved about Jimmy. But take away his goal scoring record and the man I saw was one who didnt want to learn English, didnt seem like he was all that pally with his team mates and actually should have scored quite a few more. I definitely wont go for option 4 but im not all that sad to see him go.

Dr Xia however will get number 1 treatment. A standing ovation from me every time I see him, I may even make up a little song for him

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Or suppose we use the money from JK's sale, to find another like him, and he scores the winner against Villa in the play off's?

It's all if's and buts...He's had one season at this level... hasn't scored this season, and as has been reported, wanted to leave as his head had been turned.

What's the point of keeping a player if he wants to move and his heart isn't in it? 

Agreed with that we can't play the what if this and what if that happens otherwise there would be no point having a transfer window or even playing the game! What if city had scored against Hull and all that... These things happen and now we need to sign some strikers so let's look at that! 

15 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Hope we go for two relative unknowns upfront, maybe younger guys and spend no more than 4 million. That leaves us well in the black regarding transfers to balance the books and maybe we will turn a profit with the new stand for the first time in years.

Arsene is that you? You are on the wrong fans forum!!

12 minutes ago, Malago said:

That's a very unlikely sequence of events though. You could realistically say that for any player we sell.. What if we get to the FA cup quarter finals and play MK Dons - Agard gets the winner! You can do 'what if's' all season, but right now we're £11-14m richer and Kodjia has got himself a good move.

32 minutes ago, Malago said:

Will be interesting to see if SL issues a press statement giving the reasons for the change of strategy re not selling to championship club.

JK was quoted as saying he wanted to leave. So what do you do. Tell him he can't because Villa are a championship club ?

You will end up with a very unhappy player on you're hands who would have been able to double his wages.. Not ideal is it. 

Archived