IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

The club finishing bottom of the prem gets £90m.  I would say our chances of reaching the prem are significantly lower today then they were yesterday.  If you think that's moaning and trolling I couldn't give a 

If we had the Kodjia of a year ago then you might be right Malago.

However he no longer wanted to be here. In case you hadn't noticed he hasn't scored for us yet this season and we have an  18 year old  scoring for fun. Had he stayed but didn't want to be here he could have well be more of a hinderance than a help and in such circumstances £11m in the bank , even with a sale to a rival, just has to be seen as the right outcome for the club.

34 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

I have to say that whilst I'm grateful for his goals last season, I can't completely share in the good will. Mark Ashton says that we didn't want to sell. But Kodjia got distracted by the interest and agitated for a move. 

"We’ve continually told Jonathan that we don’t want him to go, but recently he’s made it clear that he’s aware of the interest of other clubs and that he wanted to leave."

Which leaves a sour taste. The erasing of City from his Instagram. Why? Was that really necessary? Another player having a strop for not getting his own way? I don't wish the guy ill but I can't wish him well either. He's been with us for one year. ONE YEAR! Don't think that warrants that much praise.

Did he ever give an interview? Stockhausen was saying last week that he never managed to interview him. 

The deal by the club is seriously unbelievable. An amazing piece of business. Kodjia is a decent player, but as I've said several times before, he's not that good, and from the evidence of this season, still needs to iron out all the familiar flaws. 

So, what type of reception do you think he deserves when we go to Villa?

1. Standing ovation.

2. Polite ovation.

3. Nothing. Ignored.

4. Booed. 

I'll be going for option 3. 

Yes. Left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be honest. I get his age and window for making silly money isn't going to be open too much longer but would've liked seeing a bit more loyalty to the club that helped him get to where he is. Give us another year at least. 

That being said, it's silly money and I'm glad we've got it. His value can only go down surely for us anyway. This fee sets us up for two years without overspending. 8m this year on transfers and 7m next year for example. So a bit of s sour taste the way he pushed himself out but it's going to benefit the club massively. 

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not according to this.

Duty bound to point out that @WBA are NOT in for Kodjia - nor ever have been. Apologies. Information can get garbled with meter ticking!

He say's they weren't...other agencies and media said they were EMB.

All I know is what I was told from a Scout and Agent that are close to WBA. I've no reason to disbelieve them.

Half the stuff reported is never correct anyhow. Especially if Agents start putting names about to try and get interest.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's a very unlikely sequence of events though. You could realistically say that for any player we sell.. What if we get to the FA cup quarter finals and play MK Dons - Agard gets the winner! You can do 'what if's' all season, but right now we're £11-14m richer and Kodjia has got himself a good move.

Exactly my thoughts!!

11 minutes ago, downendcity said:

productive tie pin Tone!

Kodjia was being measured up for his Villa club suit today and the stylist asked if he would like a Kipper Tie to which he replied "Oui, mais sans sucre sils vous plait"

1 minute ago, spudski said:

He say's they weren't...other agencies and media said they were EMB.

All I know is what I was told from a Scout and Agent that are close to WBA. I've no reason to disbelieve them.

Half the stuff reported is never correct anyhow. Especially if Agents start putting names about to try and get interest.

and I have no reason to disbelieve Pat Murphy.

in line 2 you have no reason to disbelieve a scout and an agent in line 3 you question the validity of information from agents, can you see my confusion?.

But hey ho he's gone for a great price, let us rejoice in that and I agree with your thoughts on an earlier post about unhappy players.

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If we had the Kodjia of a year ago then you might be right Malago.

However he no longer wanted to be here. In case you hadn't noticed he hasn't scored for us yet this season and we have an  18 year old  scoring for fun. Had he stayed but didn't want to be here he could have well be more of a hinderance than a help and in such circumstances £11m in the bank , even with a sale to a rival, just has to be seen as the right outcome for the club.

Okay, I've expressed my disappointment,.  Hope the club use the money wisely.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

and I have no reason to disbelieve Pat Murphy.

in line 2 you have no reason to disbelieve a scout and an agent in line 3 you question the validity of information from agents, can you see my confusion?.

But hey ho he's gone for a great price, let us rejoice in that and I agree with your thoughts on an earlier post about unhappy players.

Shame we could'nt have had Baker as part of the deal.

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

My thoughts exactly, he has been badly advised, they are in a mess, we beat them 3-1 Saturday, this proves to me JK has no interest in the game other than £££££'s, and in which case good riddance, thanks for the goals but you never bought into the ethos of this club, and why would you? You know nothing, or care about our club, or come to that English Clubs, apart from the usual suspects.

Daylight robbery, thank you Villa you have been mugged.:ph34r:

I think you're being a bit harsh Neil.

It is obvious that JK didn't speak English well, so did few interviews so we have little idea how he thought. He was new to English football and England, so probably found the whole experience strange, yet despite being in such an unsettled and unsettling situation you cannot fault what he did for the club on the pitch. 

In a struggling side his goals almost single handedly kept us afloat, especially as he didn't manage to learn that the offside rule is on the other side of the road when you come to England.

He is now moving into the final part of his career and might not have made decent money yet, so once he understood just what sort of money he could make ( or more likely his agent made him aware of what money he could make) ait was always going to be difficult to keep him here as a big move could set him up for the rest of his life.

He could score 35 goals for Villa this season and get them promotion, in which case they would not have been mugged. However, if at the end of last season we knew that JK was going to leave this summer I suspect most of us would have been happy with £6/7m?, in which case £11m rising to £15m is fantastic business for a club like ours.

24 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Does this potential £15m fee exceed the total aggregate income from all previous player sales?

Just totting it all up now....

Mick Harford, £100,000.......

Might be a while.....

Jan Moller......

Sad to see him go, but if his heart is not in City then all I can say, as lot's have on here, very good business for the club. I can understand SL selling to another Championship club he is not in the position to turn down that sort of money for a player who still hasn't scored this season.  So good luck to you Johnny boy and hope you won't regret this move.

18 minutes ago, Malago said:

The club finishing bottom of the prem gets £90m.  I would say our chances of reaching the prem are significantly lower today then they were yesterday.  If you think that's moaning and trolling I couldn't give a 

I heard on Talksport the other day that the £90m goes to the club finishing bottom of the prem is more than Real M got for winning the champions league last season.

How mad is that?

The key part of this transfer for me was the statement from MA

“On Saturday night I spoke to Aston Villa and explained to them our detailed valuation and payment terms. Villa agreed to match those terms and subsequently permission was given for Jonathan to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical."

BCFC were in control at all times and we made the deal on our terms...not theirs

The future is bright for our club and I for one am looking forward to the ride.......CTID!

2 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

He no longer wanted to play for us, so you can imagine how that went down in the dressing room... there's no room for an ego which has grown that big in the space of 12 months.

Any youngsters avaialbe from Iceland? From what we've seen from Magners on and especailly off the pitch, i'd take a punt!!

Real shame we could't have got Gudmundson from Charlton when they went down, top player. (Appreciate we can't compete with Burnley though...)

Archived