IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

So to summarize my day so far. Got up (I'm overseas) looked at OTIB and saw Villa were now offering 17m. Looked on Newsnow and saw that this is entirely possible. :laugh: while making cup of tea.

City possibly in for boy from IFK as the Swedish connection mentioned the other day and Waghorn (where did that come from?)

Does that cover it?

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

Arnie Garita was the "punt"

My recollection was that Cotts was very positive about Kodjia coming and thought we had a bargain.

Looks like he was right!

No, I've just recalled exactly what SC said: "we might have one 'ere". I believe it was at Yeovil pre-season, though could be wrong. May check to see if interview is still on youtube later.

3 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Sky just reported he will sign for Villa in the morning on his return from international duty, price quoted was a championship record of  £15 million 

Surreal when you come to think about it. Stuff like this doesn't happen to City?! 

Hopefully it sets a good precedent that we will sell our players but only for very strong prices. If we followed the model of Southampton I'd be happy.

Because the fee is so huge, I feel this may get lost in the midst of the celebrations, but thanks Jimmy. Always gave his all and clearly a man who loves his football. Kept us in the division too, wish him only the best - I now want Villa to do a little better than previously.

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Let's be real, they're getting someone who scored 20 goals for a struggling team which struggle to create anything for large swathes of the season. Kodjia is an excellent player and it will be a big loss if he leaves, irrespective of the transfer fee. I will wish him well.

Twas a joke mate. Chill.

3 hours ago, cider-manc said:

£15 Million!!!! Unreal amounts of money!

Tell you what though... a strike force of Kodjia and McCormack could be absolutely lethal in this division.

Not if Kodjia can't spot his runs or doesn't release the ball.  I love Kodjia especially his unpredictably, but that is just as likely to frustrate his teammates as the opposition.  

I think LJ's comments about being like an 18 in terms of footballing nouse are huge factor on way we are willing to cash in regardless if it's someone invite same division.   

5 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Because the fee is so huge, I feel this may get lost in the midst of the celebrations, but thanks Jimmy. Always gave his all and clearly a man who loves his football. Kept us in the division too, wish him only the best - I now want Villa to do a little better than previously.

Well said. Agree with your sentiments Luxo other than wanting the Villa to do well!  His face when he came into the Sports Bar after the last game of the season and we were all singing his name is a great memory, he was genuinely touched. And you can't blame the bloke for wanting to earn as much as possible as quickly as possible at his age / stage of his career.   Thank you Jimmy!

Archived