IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

14 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

p.s Let's hope they don't notice his wrist injury at the Medical.

He has all the English he has learnt written on there.  If they remove that they will stunt the bloke :)

I think SL was right to say that he wouldn't sell to a fellow Championship team, but come on, if you were in the hot seat you'd turn down £15m, when you've got a trio of people who are intent on bringing in young, talented, value for money replacements? 

I can imagine MA, LJ and Des (can never remember his surname!) sat down with a list now making phone calls.....what's not to like?

Thanks JK, but it's too good for both of us to turn down. Good luck

5 minutes ago, TRL said:

15 million is great business. But not great business if Villa pip us for promotion (not for one minute I think we will get promoted this season) on the back of Kodjia's goals.

And there lays the problem. The club have stated we will not sell to competitors and if the unlikly happens and we are challenging for promtion and fail through lack of goals or villa pipping us 15 million is going to look like pittance compared to promotion.

All looks good at this moment in time. But history has a horrible tendency to bite you in the arse.

Personally if a slightly lower offer came from a premiership side I would take it (player permitting).

Certainly a odd predicament. I can't say I ever thought we we would be discussing such high values for a city player, so we must be doing something right somewhere 

The problem is your assessment forgets the main point in all of this saga is whether we like it or not in 99.9% of all similar cases the player has all of the power and the club very little if any at all, if the player has decided on Villa then ultimately Villa it will be, if a prem club comes in and he doesn't want to go that's that TRL, I would suspect that the only thing that would turn Jimmy's head now is more wonga end of.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The problem is your assessment forgets the main point in all of this saga is whether we like it or not in 99.9% of all similar cases the player has all of the power and the club very little if any at all, if the player has decided on Villa then ultimately Villa it will be, if a prem club comes in and he doesn't want to go that's that TRL, I would suspect that the only thing that would turn Jimmy's head now is more wonga end of.

That is why I added (player permitting) ES I didn't forget that :)

15 minutes ago, Rickyrobin said:

Stupid money flying around lately in the transfer market!! 20 years ago 15 million would have got you a lethal, young and hungry striker in Mr Alan Shearer!!! 

I just hope city don't get there pants pulled down when we come to replacing Kodj in the coming hours!!

20 years ago the average price of a house was c£66k. Today it's c£262k. Times change....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-3401038/House-prices-jump-300-20-years-Average-UK-property-gained-200k-1995.html#ixzz4IoJUqiEQ 

5 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

SL is a business man and regardless of what he said £15m is too good to turn down. Let's face it, even in todays inflated marked JK is not worth that sort of money.

Nail firmly hit.

4 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

20 years ago the average price of a house was c£66k. Today it's c£262k. Times change....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-3401038/House-prices-jump-300-20-years-Average-UK-property-gained-200k-1995.html#ixzz4IoJUqiEQ 

Oh come on, that's like putting up the price of a can of coke to £5 and saying 'yeah house prices have gone up too'. McCormack and a couple of others aside, fees like we've seen in this window have generally been unheard of at this level in the past.

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

We have known he was leaving for at least couple of weeks, there must have been discussions with him and his agent when the bids came in during the Summer and eventually they have decided to force a move (removing BCFC history from his social media indicates thus).

Am confident we have 2 ducks lined up.

Do these footballers play cricket as well?

5 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Oh come on, that's like putting up the price of a can of coke to £5 and saying 'yeah house prices have gone up too'. McCormack and a couple of others aside, fees like we've seen in this window have generally been unheard of at this level in the past.

Not really....

Given it was in response to someone comparing JK at £15m to Shearer in 1995/6.

I totally agree that this window we seen some mad money flying around, but we can't really compare it to transfers from 20 years back. 

Gradually prices for footballers have risen at the top level, and that is now filtering down into the second tier.

A better gauge all-round would be to work out the % of the transfer in relation to the buying clubs turnover, and compare it from 20 years ago to today. Personally, I don't have time to do that right now. But I'd hazrd a guess though that big transfers back in the day were a higher proportion than today though....

1 minute ago, reformed_red said:

Not really....

Given it was in response to someone comparing JK at £15m to Shearer in 1995/6.

I totally agree that this window we seen some mad money flying around, but we can't really compare it to transfers from 20 years back. 

Gradually prices for footballers have risen at the top level, and that is now filtering down into the second tier.

A better gauge all-round would be to work out the % of the transfer in relation to the buying clubs turnover, and compare it from 20 years ago to today. Personally, I don't have time to do that right now. But I'd hazrd a guess though that big transfers back in the day were a higher proportion than today though....

No maybe that was excessive, but as you say, there is crazy money flying around this year.

Report on Twitter saying it's done. £12m rising to £15m. Would be good business if true. Rumours of sell on to be between 20-40% of profit. 12-2 is 10. So 2-4m to Angers leaving us 8-10m to replace him plus an extra almost 2m if they are promoted. Can't complain with that unless we don't bring any strikers in but I can't see that. We seem far too organised. 

25 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I think SL was right to say that he wouldn't sell to a fellow Championship team, but come on, if you were in the hot seat you'd turn down £15m, when you've got a trio of people who are intent on bringing in young, talented, value for money replacements? 

I can imagine MA, LJ and Des (can never remember his surname!) sat down with a list now making phone calls.....what's not to like?

Thanks JK, but it's too good for both of us to turn down. Good luck

Lynam

Archived