IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

1 minute ago, robinreliant said:

With the squad we have, losing JK isn't a problem. We are getting really clever with our dealings now. Been shafted a few times

in the past but not anymore it would seem. If other clubs want to panic in the transfer window let them.

With him gone we have two strikers, one who's 18 and one who's 37. We will need to replace if he goes. We probably needed another even without him going. Busy days ahead.

I think that we all need to remember that what anyone from the club says in public is not necessarily a statement of fact for the information of the clubs fans....

More often that not, what LJ / MA / SL say will have nuances to goings on behind the scenes that refer to situations most of us will never even be remotely aware of. It's all cloak and dagger. With the staggering amount of money and complexity of contracts involved these days, key employees of any club will seldom ever actually come out and give the fans a proper transparent update. Ironically, SC's interview post match at Sheff Weds last season is probably the closest thing to that, that we will ever get....

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

You know what, as a businessman faced with a golden egg he has every right to change his mind.  He'd be cutting his nose of to spite this face if he let this go. 

And you're won't find it summed up better than that in the next 100 pages of this thread. 

2 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

With the squad we have, losing JK isn't a problem. We are getting really clever with our dealings now. Been shafted a few times

in the past but not anymore it would seem. If other clubs want to panic in the transfer window let them.

I'd actually be more disappointed if Flint left .

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

You know what, as a businessman faced with a golden egg he has every right to change his mind.  He'd be cutting his nose of to spite this face if he let this go. 

I know. His club his perogative and in line with most of his public utterings.

Not saying it doesn't make good financial sense. 

6 minutes ago, TRL said:

No. He categorically stated he would not sell to a rival in the same division. He did say 10 million plus to the premiership. 

Can't deny it is good money... But if he goes there it is another in a long list of of 180 statements by Steve. More thought before mouth opening.

If you want to hear what he said it is available to here and was repeated twice on Radio Bristol by GT

It is absolute fact. SL was adamant about not selling to a rival.

If JK made it clear he wanted out, no longer wanted to be part of BCFC and AV are prepared to pay the most gobsmackingly over inflated price then fair play.

SL will have to explain events but I really won't be blaming him. I'll be applauding him.

Where are we up to now- about £19,000,000 in total transfer income? 

4 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Or maybe it was the plan all along? Saying we won't sell to a champ club , knowing a prem team may not go in for him , just to up the price? At the start of the window he was being linked away for under £10m , now look at it

Indeed.  I think people are being critical of what was actually a smart negotiating tactic - say you're not going to sell and you definitely don't want to sell to a particular buyer then allow said buyer to offer enough "reluctantly" change your mind.  Not so long ago many of us were looking at £7 or £8 million being reasonable.  SL then upped it to £10 million but only to a Premier League club.  Most of us were delighted we were getting £10 million rising to £14 million with add-ons last week and now it's reportedly £15 million plus add-ons. 

Either way, when the facts change your opinion has to change.  I'd have been far angrier at SL if he'd turned down £15 million for JK because he wanted to stick to his promise and only sold to Hull or WBA at a lower fee.

2 minutes ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

I should imagine we'll never know how much he will go for, surely we would want it undisclosed so we are not paying over the odds for replacements.

Obviously clubs will know its a big wedge, but we don't want them to know how much we get when negotiating.

Let's hope they don't read the sports pages or social media

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In hearing from the Aston Villa end that medical has been done (& passed) and the deal is for... Just wait for it...

£15m plus add ons. 

Un - ******* - believable. 

15m PLUS add ons? :shocking:

JK's got his good points, but if true that is fantastically hilarious.:rofl2br::clapping:

This reminds me of when AC Milan were looking at John Barnes, but ended up signing Luther Blissett.

On a serious note...it is good business by the Club, but if JK scores 20+ goals again this season, then he'll be money well spent.

Massive Gamble...but they have the money...we don't.

Plus a great career move for JK.

Everyone is a winner in this scenario it seems.

16 minutes ago, TRL said:

No. He categorically stated he would not sell to a rival in the same division. He did say 10 million plus to the premiership. 

Can't deny it is good money... But if he goes there it is another in a long list of of 180 statements by Steve. More thought before mouth opening.

If you want to hear what he said it is available to here and was repeated twice on Radio Bristol by GT

I think you're missing the point.

17 minutes ago, TRL said:

p.s Let's hope they don't notice his wrist injury at the Medical.

16 minutes ago, TRL said:

It doesn't matter, its all business. He said what he said to up the price.

2 minutes ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

I should imagine we'll never know how much he will go for, surely we would want it undisclosed so we are not paying over the odds for replacements.

If we also don't pay over the odds for replacements then Mark Ashton will have won at transfers and they should just close the transfer window for good.

9 minutes ago, TRL said:

But we aren't talking peanuts here, in fairness most of us would of been happy with £10m but as things stand it looks like we're going to get another 50% on top (minimum), that's an extra £5m at least which is more than our record sale on it's own without the other guaranteed £10m to go along with it.

That extra 50% is also more or less double what our record transfer buy is!!

I got to be honest, if Ro*ers offered £15m for JK I'd sell him without a doubt!!

Plus there is the potential for more money & the fact that he could be away for a month & the advanced risk of injury or fatigue or both so it could be more than a month & all this for someone who's been described by our manager as tactically behind!!

I for one won't be blaming anyone at Bristol City Football Club for selling someone we bought for about £2.1m for a minimum of £15m in little over a year, this could be a massive deal that allows us to progress to the next level on our journey to get to the Premier League.

I don't get this hang up with SL saying tat he wouldn't be selling to another championship side. To be honest I would not be concerned selling him to the gas for £15 million. I don't personally think he is worth that and that's with him being one of my favourite players. 

And i suspect when he made that comment he did not expect to even get £10 million anyway. 

26 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Or maybe it was the plan all along? Saying we won't sell to a champ club , knowing a prem team may not go in for him , just to up the price? At the start of the window he was being linked away for under £10m , now look at it

I very much doubt SL saying that would have upped the price of JK. He's worth what someone is willing to pay for him at the end of the day.

15 million is great business. But not great business if Villa pip us for promotion (not for one minute I think we will get promoted this season) on the back of Kodjia's goals.

And there lays the problem. The club have stated we will not sell to competitors and if the unlikly happens and we are challenging for promtion and fail through lack of goals or villa pipping us 15 million is going to look like pittance compared to promotion.

All looks good at this moment in time. But history has a horrible tendency to bite you in the arse.

Personally if a slightly lower offer came from a premiership side I would take it (player permitting).

Certainly a odd predicament. I can't say I ever thought we we would be discussing such high values for a city player, so we must be doing something right somewhere 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I very much doubt SL saying that would have upped the price of JK. He's worth what someone is willing to pay for him at the end of the day.

Public statements can have a big impact on negotiations.  What someone is willing to pay is heavily linked to what people believe someone is willing to accept. 

Archived