IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

1 minute ago, WRERE said:

I think selling him for £14m is top business , but how would everyone feel if he's still here after the window closes?

£10m short in the bank?

1 minute ago, WRERE said:

I think selling him for £14m is top business , but how would everyone feel if he's still here after the window closes?

That`s the part of this whole affair that everyone`s trying to avoid thinking about I reckon.

For my part, I`d get behind him as I do anyone wearing the shirt and hope he goes all out to show what the premier league is missing out on. I would hope he doesn`t sulk though as that would make it more difficult for everyone.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s the part of this whole affair that everyone`s trying to avoid thinking about I reckon.

For my part, I`d get behind him as I do anyone wearing the shirt and hope he goes all out to show what the premier league is missing out on. I would hope he doesn`t sulk though as that would make it more difficult for everyone.

If he wants to go as seems certain at this stage he will sulk. We will cash in surely ?

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

If he wants to go as seems certain at this stage he will sulk. We will cash in surely ?

I reckon you`re right sadly, he does seem the type.

What he would need to do is release a statement saying something along the lines of his ambition is to play in the premier league but while he`s at City he will give 100% in every game and hopes the fans understand why he had to explore the possibility of a move which came out of the blue - eat a bit of humble pie if you like.

Then it will be purely down to his performance on the pitch how he is received by the fans.

I keep seeing this £14m.

Might be one day we hope, but for now it is £10m. Unless he has asked for a transfer we drop say £1m to Kodjia himself. Say another £2m as a sell on fee. We are left with £7m, plus maybe some more down the line.

Great business for sure, but we should not be demanding we go out and spend double that to make up for it.

Murrray and Carey left for better wages and then came back and no-one seemed that bothered. As long as they don't say anything stupid about the club, wanting to leave to increase wages is accepted by most City fans as we know the wages are low here.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Some claim the sulking came to a head at Scunny.

Perhaps, but then there's an end game to that action which is forcing a move. After the window shuts that sorta move would achieve absolutely nothing for him. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Perhaps, but then there's an end game to that action which is forcing a move. After the window shuts that sorta move would achieve absolutely nothing for him. 

The damage is probably already done.

I suspect that either that BCFC have done a top job from 30 minutes before Saturday's kick off until now by drip feeding stuff for a media frenzy and a bidding war or his agent has, I know where my money would be if pressed.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The damage is probably already done.

I suspect that either that BCFC have done a top job from 30 minutes before Saturday's kick off until now by drip feeding stuff for a media frenzy and a bidding war or his agent has, I know where my money would be if pressed.

I agree absolutely, I don't think there is any chance we are gambling if £10m is on the table, replacement or not. But just playing devil's advocate. If he does stay I don't think we're going to se petulance etc. He has his career in mind - hence wanting to leave 

11 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I agree absolutely, I don't think there is any chance we are gambling if £10m is on the table, replacement or not. But just playing devil's advocate. If he does stay I don't think we're going to se petulance etc. He has his career in mind - hence wanting to leave 

That hasn't fully stopped Mr Berahino.

2 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Nightmare scenario for all parties unless JK suddenly finds a new love for BCFC.

Based on the past two weeks, he would just need to re-upload his City photos to Instagram and everything would be alright in the world again. 

From a totally unreliable "Source" I heard today that he is on £18K a week at City and Hull have offered him 45K

And why can't I type Source and why does it auto corrects to source?

I know the difference, but it was really was a condiment that provided the info

1 minute ago, Fat Cigar said:

BBC's Midland's footy reporter (and all round great journalist) Pat Murphy saying that Kodjia probably off to Villa in a £15m deal is at an advanced stage. Although Hull and Derby still interested.

Jonathan Kodjia close to signing for @AVFCOfficial in a £15m deal from @bcfctweets but Derby,WBA,Hull all in as well. But talks with 1/230 Aug 2016, 9:25 am

Archived